• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Heads up, the SRK UMVC3 Showmatch tournament should be starting within an hour.

If my time zones are correct.

This version of the KK combo is easier:

cr.L, cr.M, St.H, Fly, j.M, j.M , j. up + H, j.S, j.M, j.M, d+H, S, cr.M S j.M j.M j.H j.d+H j.S Smart Bombs Proton Cannon

basically the j.M link after the fly is the only "hard" part in the combo. The original KK combo has an unfly part which is probably the most difficult part in the combo. This particular combo negates the need to do the unfly part.
Thanks, I'll give that version of the combo a try.

FT5 is great when it's 2 top/known players playing. When it's two low level players or high vs low level the set just takes forever to finish. High vs low is just a blow out without much hype.

That's why exhibitions are FT5 and it's between high level players. There should be more exhibition matches at tourneys. I would be so hyped for a Combo vs ChrisG exhibition match... should be FT9 minimum.

Exhibition matches are also way more hype when pride/ego/money is on the line.

Yeah, I would very much like to see more events like the recent barfights. In terms of entertainment value, that may have been the best marvel event yet since the release of vanilla mvc3.

After getting my butt handed to me all night by my two friends, im in that "depressed about this game' state.

mash harder

or: use cheaper characters

or: use zero

Dahbomb

best marvel event yet since the release of vanilla mvc3.
Nah it was the best Marvel event since SBV. That shit was mad hype especially EC vs WC, Good vs Evil, Viscant vs Jago exhibition and "best game ever". Lots of hype matches in between and the rise of DJ Houshen.

LOL ChrisG is CLEAN SHAVED for SCR.

So who do you guys think will be the most free tonight? Will DiosX lose to Justin Wong harder than Marn loses to Fanatiq? Or will Killer Kai lose to Viscant harder than them both?

So, uh, how do you guys deal with Hidden Missiles assist? I've found out that I'm pretty free to them, specially when combined with Spider Man apparently.

So who do you guys think will be the most free tonight? Will DiosX lose to Justin Wong harder than Marn loses to Fanatiq? Or will Killer Kai lose to Viscant harder than them both?

cibMk.png

Dahbomb

And Strider was supposed to be low tier too.
Who said Strider is low tier? Everyone had him at High or above even before the game came out including the majority of GAF and SRK (rightfully so). Strider currently is ranked somewhere within S to A.

Iron Fist I can understand though.

Dahbomb

Top 5 Best Marvel 3 Comebacks Ever:

1) Tron EVO - 'Nuff said
2) BIONIC ARM
3) Clockwork Barfights
4) Justin Never Give Up 2.0 (at EVO) + 3.0 (vs FChamp)
5) Hsien Ko Magic Pixel of Time comeback

Word. Combofiend has like 20 comebacks but his next best comeback is the "GET OVER HERE" grapple against DiosX. Shit was legendary.

Stream should be here: http://www.justin.tv/srklive/b/302269227

Grecco

Top 5 Best Marvel 3 Comebacks Ever:

1) Tron EVO - 'Nuff said
2) BIONIC ARM
3) Clockwork Barfights
4) Justin Never Give Up 2.0 (at EVO) + 3.0 (vs FChamp)
5) Hsien Ko Magic Pixel of Time comeback

Word. Combofiend has like 20 comebacks but his next best comeback is the "GET OVER HERE" grapple against DiosX. Shit was legendary.

Stream should be here: http://www.justin.tv/srklive/b/302269227

Was it vs FChamp or vs Richard Ngyen?

smurfx

get some go again
After getting my butt handed to me all night by my two friends, im in that "depressed about this game' state.
i would feel happy knowing i have 2 friends that are way more skilled than i am. you get to level up faster if you fight good competition. maybe not fight them all the time but learn as much from the match ups as you can.

While it's true that you can level up faster that way, there's the "I'm getting my ass kicked so bad the game is not even fun any more" problem :|

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Seven vodkas, before a tourney/money match? Man, I keep it at a drink before I play to shake the jitters. Enough to get a buzz, but no more. lol

Reported from the sf4 thread:
Here at uci. Thigs are still being situated, but theres a pretty good setup here. Will post pics when I get home. Everything's coming together.

lol

yeah that is why you don't play them all the time. play them every once in a while and then learn what you can and then use that info for competition more up to your level.

True, that's the best balance. Unfortunately it's not always possible (speaking of me and KoF here)...

I'm sure someone already posted the full list of H&H cards?

Now we really can have dark Wesker rising (with level 5 xfactor) ... imagine it combined with the multiple man card and all normals do chip damage.

My god, H&H mode is going to be a cesspool. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom