• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtbag

Nice, will try that out in training. How does it compare to this BnB I've been using:

LMH Stinger > Rising Slash Trick Down > sj j.MHS > land H Stinger > Teleport back ...

After Teleport back I land the crouching M half the time but I'm not sure what to connect with after or if I can fit a Spiral Swords in somewhere.

I can never get the timing right after the rising slash trick down. My brain just doesnt want to do it.

TDLink

This is the full version of the Viscant image:

TgO7s.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Full list (in Japanese) of the H/H mode cards is out.
Red Arremer, I believe, extracted all the images from the disc a while back and deduced them all. Not official names though.

I am so hype for H&H even though it doesn't have local multiplayer.

mr. puppy

Banned
if you're facing flocker's Zero, do you think it would be a good idea to put Hulk's AA assist on the back of your team and just spam it? Zero is in the air for all of his mixups and that thing has a lot of priority.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ice Man got his chip invulnerability in his sub effect.. kinda:
Disable the attack to be successful at a certain time shot • The Advancing Guar

Less susceptible to attack cutting · [Lv.2]

Professor X is cool, will be useful offline for grinding out cards, Megaman and one other Capcom card have similar effects:
Get up a rare card rates · MARVEL character [Lv.2]

Increase in HC and 20 gauge count time elapsed [Lv.1]
Get up a rare card rates · MARVEL character [Lv.1]

Wasp.. wat @ sub effect:
• Speed ​​up flight time extension [Lv.2]

Flight time extension · [Lv.2]
Count up in the air with mortal · [Lv.1] (??)

Yo Silver Surfer GAWDAMN:
· HC-gauge automatic increase [Lv.2]
• Partner up stamina recovery rate [Lv.3]

· HC-gauge automatic increase [Lv.1]
• Partner up stamina recovery rate [Lv.2]

DIS GUN BE GOOD: Fouru
· X-Factor usage count [Lv.2]

· X-Factor usage count [Lv.1]

6 Character TACs are gonna be fucking NUTS.

h3ro

Iron man is the worst character in the game. He can't even A->B->C->Launch

:( feels bad man.

Everything about how Tony is presented in the game is so perfect from the color choices (gold Tony is top-tier color choice) to the sound he makes when you dash (second to Nova) to the VO for Proton Cannon. Why can't he be awesome. :/

ASTAROTH (Ghosts 'n Goblins, 1985)

Primary: When your last character is defeated: Your character will return to full health at the cost of 3 HC Gauge bars (one time only). Increased attack power. [Lv. 2]
Secondary: When your last character is defeated: Your character will return to full health at the cost of 5 HC Gauge bars (one time only). Increased attack power. [Lv. 1]

EVERYONE is Dark Phoenix now but without the draining :D
...How will this work with her though? Get 5 bars, die, go DP, get 3 or 5 more bars, revive as DP again?

HardRojo

if you're facing flocker's Zero, do you think it would be a good idea to put Hulk's AA assist on the back of your team and just spam it? Zero is in the air for all of his mixups and that thing has a lot of priority.

Maybe, but he'd probably go for other setups or keep pressing from above: blocks AA Gamma Charge and continues since you can't call Hulk out every second.

ASTAROTH (Ghosts 'n Goblins, 1985)

Primary: When your last character is defeated: Your character will return to full health at the cost of 3 HC Gauge bars (one time only). Increased attack power. [Lv. 2]
Secondary: When your last character is defeated: Your character will return to full health at the cost of 5 HC Gauge bars (one time only). Increased attack power. [Lv. 1]
having to kill phoenix 4 times in a match will be fun.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
:( feels bad man.

Everything about how Tony is presented in the game is so perfect from the color choices (gold Tony is top-tier color choice) to the sound he makes when you dash (second to Nova) to the VO for Proton Cannon. Why can't he be awesome. :/
I make lemons out of lemonade.

Also there are a bunch of other characters that can't magic series properly. She-Hulk was the one that came to mind immediately.

And those H&H Card official translations are sounding much more varied and godlike compared to the Google Translate ones.

That would require Dark Phoenix to survive long enough to get 5 bars, and then survive long enough for another 5 bars as regular Phoenix. =P

Edit: Also, of course, the opposing player living long enough to give 12 or 15 bars.
yea, its quite unrealistic but still funny to think about. though, i'm not sure how effective the meter gaining bonus cards are.

also, after reading some of the cards, do you only get the primary or secondary effect, not both?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

The problem is that you can't just spam Hulk's assist indefinitely. A decent Zero player will bait out your assist with his air mobility and then buster x lightning your ass. At that point, Zero is in there, and his ground priority is equally ridiculous. The giant active frames on his normals would probably hit Hulk as he came in.

That would require Dark Phoenix to survive long enough to get 5 bars, and then survive long enough for another 5 bars as regular Phoenix. =P

Edit: Also, of course, the opposing player living long enough to give 12 or 15 bars.
I‘m sure there must be combination of cards that make it possible :p

yea, its quite unrealistic but still funny to think about. though, i'm not sure how effective the meter gaining bonus cards are.

also, after reading some of the cards, do you only get the primary or secondary effect, not both?

From what I gather, you can put a card as "main" one (which is the one showing up near your lifebar in the mode), which will provide the primary bonus, and then you can put in 2 other cards that will provide their secondary bonuses.

From what I gather, you can put a card as "main" one (which is the one showing up near your lifebar in the mode), which will provide the primary bonus, and then you can put in 2 other cards that will provide their secondary bonuses.
interesting... i wonder if stacking the same card multiple times works.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
my vs Zero strategies
- run away random counter hit or poke em to death
- get caught in a block string and XF through it and kill it

The Nina card is like absolute perfection for my team. :-O

Primary: Increases the duration of flight time. [Lv. 3] + Increases the number of special moves that can be performed in the air. [Lv. 3]
Secondary: Increases the duration of flight time. [Lv. 2] + Increases the number of special moves that can be performed in the air. [Lv. 1]

Firebrand: more firebralls when jumping, more navigability in the air.
Dormammu: superjump, fly, power of the power of the power of the INFERNO!
Morrigan: SOOOOOUL FIIIIST!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
my vs Zero strategies
- run away random counter hit or poke em to death
- get caught in a block string and XF through it and kill it

That's pretty much what I do. I try my best to zone him out, fish for a hit, then do everything possible to kill. And stay the hell away because he can hit confirm into TOD combo farther than I often think he can. Facing a good Zero can be so exhausting.

Azure J

The Nina card is like absolute perfection for my team. :-O

Firebrand: more firebralls when jumping, more navigability in the air.
Dormammu: superjump, fly, power of the power of the power of the INFERNO!
Morrigan: SOOOOOUL FIIIIST!

Nina sending you her best wishes since she couldn't be in the roster confirmed. That card is wild sounding. :eek:

This is a cool combo:

Astaroth

Sakuya
Secondary: When only one character is left: Vitality refills automatically. [Lv. 2] + HC Gauge refills automatically. [Lv. 1]

Grandmaster
Secondary: When 3 or more bars of HC Gauge are stored and while on the ground: Vitality refills automatically. [Lv. 3]

GOLD FUCKING WAR MACHINE

Steven Chapman
Primary: Lose the ability to block. You will gain the ability of super armor. [Lv.1] (uses HC Gauge upon hit)

Juggernaut
Secondary: Assist attacks gain super armor. [Lv. 2] (uses HC Gauge upon hit)

Cyclops
Secondary: All attacks cause chip damage.

3rd Strike:

Hunk
Primary: Gain a fixed amount of HC Gauge upon performing a parry. [Lv. 1] + Gain the ability to parry. [Lv. 2]

Lord Raptor
Secondary: Perform a taunt to temporarily increase attack power. [Lv. 1]

Colossus
Secondary: Gain super armor when you perform a taunt. [Lv. 1] (uses HC Gauge upon hit)

zlatko

Banned
For H and H mode, will we be able to compete against people online with it? Like private lobbies or whatever?

I totally want to do some parry action UMvC3 with some buddies just for funsies online. :p

Dark Phoenix rises

Astaroth

Fin Fang Foom
Secondary: Constant X-Factor, however you will no longer be able to use Hyper Combos. X-Factor will activate with 3 or more bars of HC Gauge stored, and deactivates with less than 3 bars.

Daredevil:
Secondary: You will be unable to see how much HC Gauge your opponent has. + Cancel one special move into another at the cost of HC Gauge.

So after watching Barfights I'm super interested in this. I've never been a huge fighting game person but I'm willing to put in the work for this one. Is it worth it? Any tips? How do I not be completely discouraged by being awful? Haha.

If you're playing on 360, I would love a sparring partner. GT same as GAF user name.

Also when GAF Scrub Lobbies start, get into one. They are usually full of chill people to play with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom