• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

http://twitter.com/#!/JWonggg/status/148293488549703681

About SCR and Mahvel specifically.

OT: Hey Shaowebb what happened with your mantises? That thread was such a laugh.

Got busy for a month and failed to update anything. Both are fine. Theres an update now BTW.

On topic though, who here thinks Capcom will actually nerf Wesker? A part of me fears they may let it rock like this. Here's hoping they at least kill random crossup hyper without glasses at some point if nothing else gets done about his damage. At least then it doesn't feel like he wins the lottery with that move at random.

Neki

Got busy for a month and failed to update anything. Both are fine. Theres an update now BTW.

On topic though, who here thinks Capcom will actually nerf Wesker? A part of me fears they may let it rock like this. Here's hoping they at least kill random crossup hyper without glasses at some point if nothing else gets done about his damage. At least then it doesn't feel like he wins the lottery with that move at random.

I played Cloudius on PSN and he random hypered me with Wesker 4 times, and it crossed up all 4 times.

so good.

Dahbomb

I think Wesker might get nerfed but I don't think they will change the cross up hyper (which they rightfully should because it's BS). It seems to me that Capcom is confused as to how to fix it. They know how it works and why it crosses up (Seth explained it on stream once) but if they could fix it easily they would've by now.

Instead they ported the exact same mechanics to Vergil and now we have 2 hypers that randomly cross up. YAY!

Neki

I think Wesker might get nerfed but I don't think they will change the cross up hyper (which they rightfully should because it's BS). It seems to me that Capcom is confused as to how to fix it. They know how it works and why it crosses up (Seth explained it on stream once) but if they could fix it easily they would've by now.

Instead they ported the exact same mechanics to Vergil and now we have 2 hypers that randomly cross up. YAY!

except Vergil is like -20 on block compared to Wesker, lol.

Dahbomb

It also doesn't buff him up when he uses it randomly.

You would have to be pretty stupid to spam Vergil's hyper randomly. On the other hand... spamming Wesker hyper is a legit strategy even used at the highest level of play.

I want Clockwork to win. I'll accept anyone who doesn't use Wesker, but I want Clockwork to win since I've always liked the guy and he uses Ammy. He was using Doom before Capcom decided to pump him full of Wolf steroids.

I didn't list LL.ND because I'm not delirious if anyone asks. He is one of my favorites too, but I just can't see him beating those million to one odds. Hsien-Ko will be his downfall.
I played Cloudius on PSN and he random hypered me with Wesker 4 times, and it crossed up all 4 times.

so good.
Capcom spreading that salt far and wide. East Coast may have to ask them for some shipments if this winter has freak snowstorms like last year.

It's dat trench coat. That shit is like a drug that Capcom just can't quit.

smurfx

get some go again
i want anybody using either zero or taskmaster to win. btw the udon taskmaster alt is the most awesome looking alt in ultimate. hell its so awesome i predict a rise in taskmaster players just because he looks so awesome.

Neki

i want anybody using either zero or taskmaster to win. btw the udon taskmaster alt is the most awesome looking alt in ultimate. hell its so awesome i predict a rise in taskmaster players just because he looks so awesome.

almost as good as the megaman alt

almost.

GatorBait

I have such a problem picking a team. I really need to decide on one so I can actually practice combos and set ups and finally get decent at this game.

I just waiting on REAL Spencer to show up(although I've gotten used to Dread Spencer, personally), need to have that OG Bionic Commando in my life

Spencer_DLC_03125_640screen.jpg

Sogood.jpg

Ken

It also doesn't buff him up when he uses it randomly.

You would have to be pretty stupid to spam Vergil's hyper randomly. On the other hand... spamming Wesker hyper is a legit strategy even used at the highest level of play.
Hey DahBomb, I was practicing that KK combo you posted:

cr.L, cr.M, St.H, Fly, j.M, j.M , j. up + H, j.S, j.M, j.M, d+H, S, cr.M S j.M j.M j.H j.d+H j.S Smart Bombs Proton Cannon

But after the second cr. M the character always seems to flip out and recover before the S hits. Is it just execution error? Should I be timing the cr. M a certain way?

Yup, I'll probably be a new Task player when his alt comes out.

I...I'm a fraud

all day today my first 2 characters have been getting demolished then I win with a level 4 wesker comeback then taunt

how can I improve? T_T

Man, reading GameFAQs is funny as hell sometimes

edit: Damn, Karsticles got a GameFAQs account, too. GameFAQs, GAF, SRK, Unity; dude just loves to talk Mahvel wherever he can

Haha I'm sure as hell gonna use Task when the udon alt comes out. It should have been his default outfit in the first place. The weapons expert pack is the best alt pack and it has 2 of my mains in Trish and Hawkeye. I cannot wait for dat Gloria <3

Not a bad choice considering what you were going for if I had to guess XD

...tbh, if that's what it took to get the game an arcade release I wouldn't mind (well, replace Ken with X or any other Megaman).

I know what you meant, but that's what I want :p

Also, if we're going to only have characters that are cheap to make, then they already have X's model so he still fits!

mr. puppy

Banned
good assists discussion on the day before. why do you all want Nova to have an energy javelin assist now? That character is already amazing and has two really good assists, and probably the best overhead assist in the game o_0

also, berserker barrage is a ghetto tatsu and really not that bad at all

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
;)

Agreed on OTG assists though... simply OTG assists aren't good enough in this game they have to have an extra property on them to make them worthwhile.

I hate how there's basically one super solid OTG assist and a bunch of others that are really finicky. If Wesker didn't have that assist his usage would drop quite a bit but as it stands there's always a reason to have him in your team. I'm not saying they should remove Gun Shot, but I really wished some of the 12 new characters would have gotten OTGs that are on par with Gun Shot.

Energy Javelin for Nova would be fun, but I'm happy with Centurion Rush setting up unblockables.

I think AE tends to be much less hype without international players. Makes me wonder how absurd Marvel would be if it had more of an international scene.
It'd be the juggernaut of the genre alongside Smash most likely. Mahvel 3 sales only slowed down because most people knew a revision was on it's way from the get go and people could recognize that the game was rushed. Hell, I actually convinced multiple friends to buy the game believing we would get DLC and I feel like a dumbass since most of them quit by the three month mark.

Capcom is really mishandling this game. It is a diamond in the rough, but they don't care as long as they can milk it for their A tier Dragon's dogma and western made games. I have no idea what is going on with Asura's wrath so...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wonder.. do you guys think Japan will give UMvC3 a shot and try to invade our shores or do you guys think they're far too intimidated/can't be bothered/busy with 2012/etc?

I hate to paint the picture of Japan being kind of discouraged from coming back by being blown up in Marvel on the main stage, but I don't like to rule it out as a possibility either.

Asura's Wrath barely looks like a video game, and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City just looks fucking awful.

Dragon's Dogma...I don't know. A new ip, doesn't have multiplayer, crowded month of March release...I don't know, man.

Then there's SFxTekken, which should sell pretty well, but with all those systems and DLC/pre-order gems out the ass, I don't know how long its gonna sustain that popularity.

Maybe they all bomb and Capcom wises up and gives me Viewtiful Joe 3

which will happen as soon as Hsien-Ko is top tier in Mahvel :(

zlatko

Banned
Who is the best Spiderman player at top level? From what I remember it was DragonGod in Vanilla right?

I'm curious because I seriously think that character is top 10 this game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I wonder.. do you guys think Japan will give UMvC3 a shot and try to invade our shores or do you guys think they're far too intimidated/can't be bothered/busy with 2012/etc?

I hate to paint the picture of Japan being kind of discouraged from coming back by being blown up in Marvel on the main stage, but I don't like to rule it out as a possibility either.

*remembered Daigo's MVC3 video trailer*

I thought they were trying to hype it up but some people think they were being arrogance about it.

Nyoro SF

No arcade release = no go in Japan. Has nothing to do with performance.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Asura's Wrath barely looks like a video game, and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City just looks fucking awful.

Dragon's Dogma...I don't know. A new ip, doesn't have multiplayer, crowded month of March release...I don't know, man.

Then there's SFxTekken, which should sell pretty well, but with all those systems and DLC/pre-order gems out the ass, I don't know how long its gonna sustain that popularity.

Maybe they all bomb and Capcom wises up and gives me Viewtiful Joe 3

which will happen as soon as Hsien-Ko is top tier in Mahvel :(

If you played Ultimate Ninja Storm (Naruto) then you would feel that Asura's Wrath could share a lot of similarities with Ninja Storm.

For RE:RC, what do you expect from Slant Six Games. I didn't meant to mash them but they ruined S.O.C.O.M Confrontation for me.

Street Fighter X Tekken still have chance to sell well because it have two biggest fighting name in same title, and the fact they just explained that we can choose to not use any gems by simply not pick the gems.

I don't know about Dragon's Dogma. I wish that they were going to focus on old traditional turn-based rpg called, Breath of Fire. It deserved a better sequel than Dragon Quarter. IMO

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Who is the best Spiderman player at top level? From what I remember it was DragonGod in Vanilla right?

EvilRahsaan since he's beaten killers before and won a Guard Crush.

I don't even remember DragonGod's play in Vanilla.

sephi22

Evil Rahsaan is the only consistent Spiderman player. Best or not, I dunno. I don't recall ever watching DragonGod play outside of his Fingercramp appearance.

That's fucking BULL SHIT. The corner reset OS from this would be completely stupid.

It would basically lead to unavoidable situations in the corner where the point character would just pin down the opponent long enough for them to fall to that sweet spot where they can get command grabbed... air or grounded.
As long as you tech right, it shouldn't be a problem. It's not like Wesker can't tick throw you as you recover as it is, but that's really hard to do. This would be, too. It would help make up for it being so bad in general. There's a good reason we don't see characters dying to command throws in the corner all the time: it's a huge risk.

Skullgirls custom assist option is looking mighty fine right about now...

So where does this leave MK9, BlazBlue and KOF?

Edit: NVM, it is late...
Skullgirls doesn't seem to have any interesting assists at all, and the small number of characters kind of kills the idea of team formation for me.

No idea. Guess UMvC3 was more hype and bringing in more views than AE.

LOL. Wonder if Capcom is getting a little salty now. There star child may get outshown by the black sheep.
Naw. The salt will come when SFxT does worse than UMvC3.

I'm doubting that we'll get Wesker nerfs, but the glasses might get "fixed", if you follow me.

I want Clockwork to win. I'll accept anyone who doesn't use Wesker, but I want Clockwork to win since I've always liked the guy and he uses Ammy. He was using Doom before Capcom decided to pump him full of Wolf steroids.

I didn't list LL.ND because I'm not delirious if anyone asks. He is one of my favorites too, but I just can't see him beating those million to one odds. Hsien-Ko will be his downfall.

Capcom spreading that salt far and wide. East Coast may have to ask them for some shipments if this winter has freak snowstorms like last year.

It's dat trench coat. That shit is like a drug that Capcom just can't quit.
Clockwork would be great, but I secretly want any Phoenix player to win, just because it makes the entire internet SO angry.

good assists discussion on the day before. why do you all want Nova to have an energy javelin assist now? That character is already amazing and has two really good assists, and probably the best overhead assist in the game o_0

also, berserker barrage is a ghetto tatsu and really not that bad at all
I want every character to have 3 good assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom