• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
All I want is to be shown that there is indeed an offline versus mode for H&H.
We already know there isn't, through text and video confirmation.. the dream is dead unless Capcom somehow becomes godlike in the next 12 hours.

When does Marketplace usually update? Had a date tomorrow but it got delayed so H&H all fucking day. And I bet I will indeed play it more than even GB. Let's see whos the first on GAF to catch 'em all.

We already know there isn't, through text and video confirmation.. the dream is dead unless Capcom somehow becomes godlike in the next 12 hours.

When does Marketplace usually update? Had a date tomorrow but it got delayed so H&H all fucking day. And I bet I will indeed play it more than even GB. Let's see whos the first on GAF to catch 'em all.

More like competent. How did they not include an offline vs. mode for this?

smurfx

get some go again
lol wolverine looking as strong as ever. his x factor 1 kills take a little more time but he can still kill characters with it. the stupid thing about berserker slash was that it was too damn fast to react to. sure the invincibility was real stupid but the main problem was that hardly anybody was fast enough to react properly to it. its still a guess and its still as fast as ever. with that said i predict a massive influx of wolverines online now. people will realize that wolverine is pretty much just as good as his vanilla self.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
L5vdt.png

Someone had a DansGame sign.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
More like competent. How did they not include an offline vs. mode for this?
My guess is it has to do with the inability to have 2 offline profiles function like they logically would in the game already.

First thing I'm doing with H&H is checking if you can make that ghetto versus mode in training mode.

I wonder how they handle you first playing, do you get no cards, a random assortment of 3, or what?

I'd rather talk about the most OP character + card combination we can think of.

Mine:
Firebrand +
Ultron:
Primary: Gain super armor while in the air. [Lv. 1] (uses HC Gauge upon hit) + Increases the duration of flight time. [Lv. 3]

Nothing but a fully invincible move will beat super armored Bon Voyage!

lol wolverine looking as strong as ever. his x factor 1 kills take a little more time but he can still kill characters with it. the stupid thing about berserker slash was that it was too damn fast to react to. sure the invincibility was real stupid but the main problem was that hardly anybody was fast enough to react properly to it. its still a guess and its still as fast as ever. with that said i predict a massive influx of wolverines online now. people will realize that wolverine is pretty much just as good as his vanilla self.
Ultimate Wolverine is too freeeee to my team for me to care.

Dahbomb

Dahbomb: Can you give me your short list of best teammates/assists that you think compliment Vergil? I think I am going to try to cut my teeth on getting better at this game by learning Vergil.
I think any character who is great at building meter solo on point is a great partner for Vergil and he has great DHC synergies.

CHARACTERS TO PUT IN FRONT OF VERGIL WHO WILL ALSO BENEFIT FROM HIS ASSIST AND FROM HIS DHC

Viper
Dante
Zero
Wesker
Iron Fist
Captain America
Dormammu
Frank West (easy LVL up combos with Vergil)
Wolverine
X-23
Chris
Ghost Rider

CHARACTERS WITH ASSISTS THAT BENEFIT VERGIL

Doom
Magneto
Hawkeye
Iron Man
Taskmaster
Dante (works behind Vergil too thanks to Weasel shot)
Nova (overhead for unblockables and combo extension)
Super Skrull (Tenderizer combos after Vergil's OTG)
Trish (Traps or projectile both are good for him)
Sentinel (works with everyone)
Strange (Bolts of Balthak)
Akuma (lockdown, teleport mix ups, corner mix ups)
Morrigan (if you want to play with the meter building assist)

I think Vergil goes well with a lot of characters... these are the ones I have experimented with so I listed them. I think he isn't that great on a Phoenix team but playable. He doesn't go as well with Strider as I hoped for because you can't do much after Vajra assist and Strider gets only ok mileage after Rapid Slash (if you really want to play Strider and Vergil, you have to put Strider on point, Vergil 2nd and a good assist 3rd).

Point characters who like assists with great push back benefit a lot from Vergil's rapid slash assist, which includes many meter building zoning characters like Chris. Characters with an OTG also like the Vergil assist for combo extensions near the corner thanks to the soft knockdown. The assist also provides slight lockdown and great teleport mix ups for characters with tracking teleports (Dorm and Dante in particular). I don't play MODOK at all but I would imagine Vergil is good even with him.

What are Vergil's BnB using the sword super?
Check out this thread for Vergil combos. There is no set BnB for Vergil yet with the Spiral Swords, everyone has their own. I prefer to go for 2 Lunar Phases as it's the easiest and does the best consistent damage (50K for each Lunar Phase even with max scaling).

Everyone kills in X factor LVL1 so this is hardly a cause for concern. Wolverine play is still going to stay the same online because Wolverine is so much more free to zoning, general online tactics and execution errors thanks to Swiss Cheese. WTF is Wolverine going to do about Heartless Spire? What is he going to do about Zero j.H and Taskmaster j.H? He's A tier in the game and will always be that but his ease of play at tournament level play will allow players with great fundamental to be successful with him. I told people that Wolverine is still beast in this game long before but you just need to play the match up which is definitely in favor of a lot of characters now.

Marketplace updates at 5AM Eastern

Dahbomb

I'd rather talk about the most OP character + card combination we can think of.
I got 3:

Vergil with Mandarin on Primary, Cyclops and Mystique on Secondary

*Pretty much blow their X factor early and then chip them out with Spiral Swords. Cyclops enables chip on Spiral swords and Mystique enables extended time on power up hypers like Vergil's. I also start off with 3 meters thanks to Mandarin on primary.

Ultimate Dark Wesker with Mandarin on Primary, Multiple Man and Fin Fang Foom

*The ultimate Dark Wesker deck build. Basically I am putting it all in with Wesker by having 3 on my team but with no assists. However, the benefit of having one character is that you have LVL3 XF available from the start (that's what it looks like). Mandarin allows me to activate their X factor when I activate mine and Fin Fang Foom gives me unlimited X factor when I have 3 bars. No need to even use meter with Wesker and I will basically have 3 XF LVL3 Dark Weskers with permament XF. That's what it looks like in theory at least.

Snapback Wolverine with Dimitri on Primary, Gene and Leon on secondary

*Wolverine isn't essential, this team is basically invisible continuous rape with Snapbacks. I get one touch on you, I snap back. Leon gives me LVL2 power up after snap back, Gene gives me + meter after snap back and - meter on them and Dimitri gives me invisibility after snap back and - meter on them. I touch them, do a combo, snap back... steal meter, get powered up and invisible for the next mix up. Repeat until they die.

Phoenix Wright with Devilot on Primary, Fantastic Four and ???

*This is a troll team of course. The idea is to just stand there in front of the opponent and collect evidence. They touch you, you use the FF ability to call assist and then hit the opponent with a assist to combo break. Devilot's ability gives assists super armor so they will interrupt their button. Basically the idea is to just sit back collect evidence worry free and if they hit you, counter with a combo breaker assist into straight Objection. ??? Would definitely be a card that gives free meter like Roll because using both FF and Devilot is a huge meter drain. In Wright's case it isn't a major issue because he doesn't really need meter.

I don't know how Parry works but I am sure it's very easy to make a powerful Parry deck. I also don't know how Ms Marvel and Lady cards work so I am interested in them if they have potential.

I have more bull shit ideas in my head too. Like I have an idea for a LAME ASS team where I basically get meter and vitality for playing lame. There are 10 cards I am looking at right now like Mandarin, FFF, FF and a few others that are instant god tier material.

Just for fun:

OG Iron Man build

*Kenji Primary: Block during air dash and faster air dash

*Megaman Secondary: Extra air dash plus double jump

*Ultron secondary: Extra speed in the air plus increased duration of flight mode. Green Goblin is substitute for better damage and another jump in the air.

Probably will add other air characters like Nova to it.

Dahbomb

Shout outs to LLND for making it to top 16. His match against Clockwork was great and he could've clutched out the win were it not for a few execution errors and tournament jitters.

NB4 Hsien Ko nerfs.

Yo MahvelGAF (specifically 360 GAF, cause I dunno if it's smart to do something without having the console!).

How about a small H&H tournament during this week? :)
Essentially making it a team tourney. I even could edit avatars to add the Team Heroes and the Team heralds logos into them (if I find the logos that is, lulz).

Speaking of which, I'm not sure if we'll get it today, DLC stuff usually releases on Wednesdays on XBL, right?

It's a double problem:
Do I play as a "hero"? - blech!
Or as one submissive to Galactus? - blech!

Son, speaking to you here as a comic geek. Most Heralds of Galactus ended up opposing and breaking away from him. Everyone but Stardust did, who pretty much LOVES Galactus, and even Stardust was independent for a short while during Annihilation. The Fallen One, Silver Surfer, Nova (Frankie Raye), Terrax the Tamer, Firelord, Gabriel the Airwalker, Johnny Storm, you name it. They all became either heroes or villains, so you can see yourself as former Herald and still be a bad guy. :p

Shout outs to LLND for making it to top 16. His match against Clockwork was great and he could've clutched out the win were it not for a few execution errors and tournament jitters.

NB4 Hsien Ko nerfs.
This kinda came out of nowhere.

Also, they need to nerf gold pendulum and Hsien-Ko. It is obvious that she is OP. It is a shame, but that tends to happen when you are blue like candy.
It's a double problem:
Do I play as a "hero"? - blech!
Or as one submissive to Galactus? - blech!
Flip a coin.

Dahbomb

Justin Wong won against Wesker at a minimum of 15 times.

AndyOCR
Viscant
Jago
Mine
Noel Brown
Mine in GF

Not including the Weskers he might have faced in pools before AndyOCR.

In celebration of today's IF victory... I am now going to be spending intense lab time with IF and come up with an IF team of my own. YAY! I have already starting looking up some videos on SRK to help me level up.

RazOmari

Yo MahvelGAF (specifically 360 GAF, cause I dunno if it's smart to do something without having the console!).

How about a small H&H tournament during this week? :)
Essentially making it a team tourney. I even could edit avatars to add the Team Heroes and the Team heralds logos into them (if I find the logos that is, lulz).

Speaking of which, I'm not sure if we'll get it today, DLC stuff usually releases on Wednesdays on XBL, right?

]I'd be down with that. Herald-GAF UNITE!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Maybe a tourney next week.. Give people a chance to get some decent cards at least. One card per game isn't bad, but you can get dupes and considering the rarity factor, it's still gonna take a few hundred games to grind em all out.

Sounds like a plan... gives me more time to set everything up too, and more people to join. If it's a success, we might do more H&H-tourneys. :3

How does next Friday sound?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Haha, nerfing the mode that requires luck to get to for the worst character in the game. Never change capcom...

Masamuna

Justin Wong won against Wesker at a minimum of 15 times.

AndyOCR
Viscant
Jago
Mine
Noel Brown
Mine in GF

Not including the Weskers he might have faced in pools before AndyOCR.

In celebration of today's IF victory... I am now going to be spending intense lab time with IF and come up with an IF team of my own. YAY! I have already starting looking up some videos on SRK to help me level up.

I've actually been doing a little soul searching beyond my original team and have come up with a few teams along with some from the srk thread. Most if not all of them operate around helping IF's problems (horizontal approach/lockdown and controlling air) but also hopefully form strong synergy with or without IF. Hopefully this will speed up your lab time cause i'd love to hear more insight from you.

IF/Doom/Strider - The first team i'm thinking about since i'm taking out task. The damage scaling takes the 2 bar BNB down to 700k ish, but the cover from the beam is so good. DHC's are good all around save for maybe Strider > IF

IF/Dante/Doom - Secondary and anchor could be switched around; Weasel/Missiles and Beam/Jam Session are both solid pairings for Fisto. Safe DHC option for Fist.

IF/Strange/Doom (or other vertical assist) - Bolts is SO good for IF. By far my favorite beam. I need some insight on how to play strange though.

IF/Horizontal Assist/Spencer - I haven't had the best experience using slant shot for controlling airspace barring incoming characters but I haven't used it enough I guess. Nevertheless Very good potential.

IF/Frank/Dante - Damage scaling off of Kmart Special brings IF's BNB down approx. 100k, so it can still TOD characters 850 and under.

Tatsu assists definitely look good for IF now after this weekend. I'm not the biggest fan of following up after Rapid Slash hits but maybe going the justin route and omitting jHS after HfH will make it better.

Justin's team is pretty interesting the more I look at it. The team overall has very good synergy with the exception of covering IF's inability of an air game. This caused a snag a couple of times at SCR but Justin was able to pull through anyhow. When he was down to nothing but IF against Noel Brown (iirc) I actually stated aloud "well damn, there goes the match". Then I stood fucking corrected. <3<3<3 Wong!

Dahbomb

I was actually thinking of playing IF + Akuma because I already know how to play Akuma. Just as a crutch.

Strange is definitely the best for IF from what I have tested. Like just from full screen you can get in on anything in an instant and still have time to mix them up. He can also hit confirm off of it with relative ease.

I personally can't imagine playing IF without Strider assist... it's like a must. I am not good with Strider at all though. I am thinking Spencer is better for him overall so right now I am looking at IF/Spencer/Akuma. If it's too much of a hassle getting in I will go with IF/Taskmaster/Akuma. I don't think I will be at a level where I can play IF without a lockdown assist.

Dahbomb

Capcom internal tier list strikes again.

Any Wesker buffs? /Kappa

LOL IF has a wall jump that I just found out. WTF is this shit? This game is so unexplored it's ridiculous. I am sure people at the IF forums know about this but I am damn sure no one who hasn't played IF for more than 30 mins knows about this. I never saw Justin use the wall jump either.

Masamuna

Yeah, bolts is the jam. Not only do you get full screen hit confirms but it also kills normal jump space shenanigans like horizontal grapple or airdash giving you a free combo from that. The lockdown potential is there too.

Vajra is definitely the number one assist for IF. Jam Session doesn't quite fill the same objective or at the very least doesn't offer as much reward when it hits airborne opponents, but it also provides some extra lockdown. Hidden Missiles is an option, but IF can't truly cover it so in general he has to be smarter calling it out compared to others.

I'm not too keen on arrows anymore for Danny. Unlike beams or maybe tatsu the chances of either shutting down the opponents assist and either lockdown the point or possibly happy birthday seem lower. I'll just chalk it up to my inexperience though.

I definitely want to hear your experience on IF/Spencer though. If your success rate of grabbing people out of the air is consistent i will be picking him up ASAP.

Apparently Wright's damage was nerfed as well. Can't confirm anything since I'm sick and going to bed, but I think it might just be his assist damage in Turnabout.

Been messing around with Doom lately.

Why is it that I fall so slow after M,M,->H,S? I can only ever continue the combo in the corner.
You have to airdash downwards to continue the combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom