• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Finally broke my winstreak record from Vanilla. Got 12 in a row today. Lost a match against the player I just beat for my 12th win, but I wasn't too salty. Can't wait for H&H, still a shame about Versus though.

Vanish

Im interested in playing with chris, rocket raccoon, captain america, frank west, dr. strange, hulk, nemesis, and maybe sentinel and hawkeye. im already pretty decent with them. thing is, i dont know what how to mix and match them to make great teams with great synergy. anyone have any suggestions?

i was thinking maybe chris, rocket raccoon, and hawkeye could be good together

I already have a main team of ghost rider, iron man, and dormammu. thanks for any advice.

sephi22

I was lurking Facebook profiles of community regulars like Valle, Abraham Sotelo (Neo), J Wongg, then I saw this (sorry if old).

rUWsg.png

To be honest, there are a lot of people who hate on him on SRK too. Its weird having him specifically call out GAF. Also, I like some of his work. I thought the EVO rap was amazing. I like the Doom vs Wesker rap battle, and I love the music in the SCR trailer (the vocals kinda ruin it though).

Also, shameless plug of me beating Redrapper and other online scrubs in week 1 MvC3 despite never having played an MvC game competitively.

7qwDX.jpg

This entire post was just an excuse to bring up my week 1 MvC3 ranked dominance. Come at me, etc.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Compared to some sites like Nahright or sohh, people have been relatively tame here, when it comes to his music. No shots, by the way.

And, while a bunch of people do go overboard, just because someone doesn't like something, it doesn't make them a hater...

I get completely destroyed online it's upsetting :( combos which can 90% your player are cool in streams but not on live for me, bleh. It's the only thing stopping me enjoying the game as much as I want too.

Im interested in playing with chris, rocket raccoon, captain america, frank west, dr. strange, hulk, nemesis, and maybe sentinel and hawkeye. im already pretty decent with them. thing is, i dont know what how to mix and match them to make great teams with great synergy. anyone have any suggestions?

i was thinking maybe chris, rocket raccoon, and hawkeye could be good together

I already have a main team of ghost rider, iron man, and dormammu. thanks for any advice.
That team sounds good to me, just remember that Rocky is hard to use effectively and can't survive anything.

It feels SO good to OCV with him in my opinion XD

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You look really good there Redrapper, getting upset at people not enjoying your music, god forbid people have opinions. Good shit on you for doing something productive for the FGC, but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy your music. Its so derivative I can't help but not like it.

/proudhater&memberofGAF-Hop

You look really good there Redrapper, getting upset at people not enjoying your music, god forbid people have opinions. Good shit on you for doing something productive for the FGC, but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy your music. Its so derivative I can't help but not like it.

/proudhater&memberofGAF-Hop

NOPE, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE'S PART OF THE FGC AND IF YOU HATE HIM THEN OBVIOUSLY YOU HATE FIGHTERS AND EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THEM BY THEY WAY BUY REDRAPPER'S NEW ALBUM "IN THE RED" FROM HIS WEBSITE AND ITUNES SHIT IS HOT FIYAH

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wait so people are haters if they don't like the guy's music? get out
ujww1.gif

This is a very self serving Facebook status. Saying some people like your music is fine but specifically tagging people as some sort of justification for your perceived greatness is going overboard.

Get real Redrapper.

Some people don't like your music and think it's shitty (like me). Nobody said they don't like you personally.

Your in the music business, get some thicker skin, or get out. Everybody doesn't like everything, music is art and is subjective.

Dartastic

Get real Redrapper.

Some people don't like your music and think it's shitty (like me). Nobody said they don't like you personally.

Your in the music business, get some thicker skin, or get out. Everybody doesn't like everything, music is art and is subjective.
This. Also, please. Manly beatdowns. I must watch them. Are there links to Justin Wong's awesomeness last night? I neeeeeeeed =(

Bizazedo

Stole / was inspired by some stuff from the showmatches last night, got Zero up to 602k without using any meter (2 assists obviously) and in a position to go into Rekkoha.

Also toyed with a Zero / Wesker / Phoenix team and, if I knew how to use her, that definitely seems to work.

God, I love Zero.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
After having my Iron Man be compared to Mike Ross' IM last night I have decided to drop him. Honestly if any part of your Marvel game is compared to Mike Ross' you need to drop that shit immediately. Before this I had already realized how butt my IM was, the plan was to level him up during the break. I now know that this is not an option since IM is just so buttfuckingly bad as anchor.

My new team will be Thor/Hulk/Hawkeye. Hawkeye seems like a much better anchor, though I haven't actually tested this out yet. I assume Hawkeye can not only open people up better but I'll also have the option of chipping people out. Hawkeye's Greyhound assist is way better in combos from what I've tested out. Since it's only 3 hits compared to Unibeam's 7 I can get Thor's relaunch if I started with Greyhound which nets me around 640k, if I started a combo with Unibeam the most I remember getting is around 500k. Greyhound also comes out faster than Unibeam which is helpful in someways but also hurts in others. Unibeams slowness to come out would often save me from a combo if I called it at the right time.

I h8 Iron Man.

The only real advantage Iron Man has over Hawkeye for the sake of my team is that his blue color fits in better than Hawkeye's

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Get real Redrapper.

Word. Especially the rap game, you'll get eaten apart if your that self-conscious. Rap fans are the most fickle of all. And then they hate you and then they love you and then they hate you again.

Zissou

What's a good combo to learn for Dante?

This is the one I've been trying to learn as my bnb (I'm pretty new to Dante myself). Slightly modified version of Nini's suggested dante bnb from the srk forum:

J.H>5MH>6H>Bold Cancel>Volcano>J.H>Air Play (236M)>J.H>5H>5S>Prop Shredder(press H right after the S)>228S(Jump Cancel Teleport)>Hammer (236LL)>Cold Shower(3HH)>Stinger>Bold Cancel Teleport>Hammer>Volcano Beehive>Jet Stream>Million Dollars

I think that's right. You should learn to plink the bold cancels- it's much easier to do them consistently. I did it based off combo 1 in this video.

This is the one I've been trying to learn as my bnb (I'm pretty new to Dante myself). Slightly modified version of Nini's suggested dante bnb from the srk forum:

J.H>5MH>6H>Bold Cancel>Volcano>J.H>Air Play (236M)>J.H>5H>5S>Prop Shredder(press H right after the S)>228S(Jump Cancel Teleport)>Hammer (236LL)>Cold Shower(3HH)>Stinger>Bold Cancel Teleport>Hammer>Volcano Beehive>Jet Stream>Million Dollars

I think that's right. You should learn to plink the bold cancels- it's much easier to do them consistently. I did it based off combo 1 in this video.

The really "simple" stylish stuff like that is still a pain in the ass without great execution; I can semi-consistantly hit the bold cancel into volcano and jump cancel, but my j.H always whiffs because the opponent is already teching out of the hitstun. Maybe I'm just not fast enough, but I'd hate to think how much faster I'd need to be to actually hit that full combo.

As a scrub-ass Dante player, some very important things you can learn:
Knockdown > cold shower > prop n shredder > followup [find something you're comfortable doing as a follow up... could be sjc.tele to hammer to volcano to beehive to reverb shock to fireworks to million dollars, could just be another jump.s and loop to the cold shower and prop shredder, sky dance, whatever is comfortable]

Ken

The really "simple" stylish stuff like that is still a pain in the ass without great execution; I can semi-consistantly hit the bold cancel into volcano and jump cancel, but my j.H always whiffs because the opponent is already teching out of the hitstun. Maybe I'm just not fast enough, but I'd hate to think how much faster I'd need to be to actually hit that full combo.

As a scrub-ass Dante player, some very important things you can learn:
Knockdown > cold shower > prop n shredder > followup [find something you're comfortable doing as a follow up... could be sjc.tele to hammer to volcano to beehive to reverb shock to fireworks to million dollars, could just be another jump.s and loop to the cold shower and prop shredder, sky dance, whatever is comfortable]

Thanks. What does it mean to plink the bold cancel?

Zissou

Thanks. What does it mean to plink the bold cancel?

If you were to do the normal commands for everything, a stinger bc into volcano input would look like this: 6H>S+Atk>623M

When you plink the inputs, it would be: 6H>623S(very slight delay)M

Since you hit the S right before you hit the M for the volcano, the game counts them as one input for the bold move, but then that's immediately canceled into the volcano. It's much easier to do consistently. Here is a video tutorial. Practicing with input display on helps a lot for getting it down.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Redrapper is on my friend's list. He mainly plays single player modes. I rarely see him in lobbies or anything.

He's a cool guy. Some people need to have confidence in order to be where they are at. I like his instrumentals.

Personally with me. When you're drunk as hell, any damn music is good.

Compared to some sites like Nahright or sohh, people have been relatively tame here, when it comes to his music. No shots, by the way.

And, while a bunch of people do go overboard, just because someone doesn't like something, it doesn't make them a hater...

co-sign.

As a a long time SOHH poster...those motherfcukers are ruthless. I don't go to the spot very often anymore but I know they would of ripped that rap to shreads....

Chavelo

The thing we're forgetting here is that...

Redrapper has a neogaf account if he posted about us and knows how many people are being haters.

Hiya, Redrapper!

The thing we're forgetting here is that...

Redrapper has a neogaf account if he posted about us and knows how many people are being haters.

Hiya, Redrapper!
So creepy lol

FT30 RedRapper vs Haters one after another on Kadey's stream. Let's settle this once and for all!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Spent 20 min with Hawkeye in training mode. Took the team online. Did meh. I don't remember actually getting a combo off with Hawkeye, but I felt like I could actually win with him as anchor.

Anyone have any tips on practicing a new anchor? It's kind of hard to do, I just don't want to sacrifice my first 2 just so I can practice my third.

Spent 20 min with Hawkeye in training mode. Took the team online. Did meh. I don't remember actually getting a combo off with Hawkeye, but I felt like I could actually win with him as anchor.

Anyone have any tips on practicing a new anchor? It's kind of hard to do, I just don't want to sacrifice my first 2 just so I can practice my third.
Play your team out of order.

zlatko

Banned
Played all fucking day. <3

Things to note:

I have no clue how to fight Spiderman. It's as if everything he does is safe, and can lead to a massive damage combo or a scary ass mix up.

Characters that gave my team trouble: Dr. Doom(derp dive derp derp derp dive), Nemesis, Captain America, and Dormamu.

Those characters of course are hard for me if the player is good. I hit 6th lord today and this games matchmaking is a fucking joke. I pick same skill, same region or any region, and always get 4th/3rd lords when I'm 6th. Fuck off. :/

The one character that always got comebacks on me was Strider. Pops his level 3, then face rolls for a free win. It's ridiculous. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom