• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Vanilla, I don't think you can call EvilRahsaan a Spider-Man player when he ran Phoenix - I mean, technically he was one and he was definitely a solid one, but... it was a Phoenix team imo. Haven't seen Rahsaan play Ultimate, but he's been on the SRK boards and said he's going to play it.

I think Renhoff (if I'm remembering correctly - maybe Skinhoff) or Darkknight is probably the best one out. Xero (and Airborne) has the best combos but not necessarily the best Parkers themselves IMO (although Xero has the best control of Spider-Man's "zoning" game). Saw a decent Dallas one too.

The thing to note though, is that all those players have somewhat different Spider-Man gameplans, so it's hard to say who's the definitive one. Until somebody does some real damage with him at a major, there's no clear cut. I guess Rahsaan gets it by default as far as Vanilla is concerned. Ultimate Spider-Man play isn't 100% there yet.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
In Vanilla, I don't think you can call EvilRahsaan a Spider-Man player when he ran Phoenix - I mean, technically he was one and he was definitely a solid one, but... it was a Phoenix team imo. Haven't seen Rahsaan play Ultimate, but he's been on the SRK boards and said he's going to play it.

I think Renhoff (if I'm remembering correctly - maybe Skinhoff) or Darkknight is probably the best one out. Xero (and Airborne) has the best combos but not necessarily the best Parkers themselves IMO (although Xero has the best control of Spider-Man's "zoning" game). Saw a decent Dallas one too.

The thing to note though, is that all those players have somewhat different Spider-Man gameplans, so it's hard to say who's the definitive one. Until somebody does some real damage with him at a major, there's no clear cut. I guess Rahsaan gets it by default as far as Vanilla is concerned. Ultimate Spider-Man play isn't 100% there yet.
Oh c'mon. He played Spider-man, therefore he is a Spidey player. He ran a Spidey team wayyyyyyyyyy before he added Phoenix to it, too. I don't see how having Phoenix on his team invalidates him as a player in a game when team synergy is everything and that's the specific build he chose.

Oh c'mon. He played Spider-man, therefore he is a Spidey player. He ran a Spidey team wayyyyyyyyyy before he added Phoenix to it, too. I don't see how having Phoenix on his team invalidates him as a player in a game when team synergy is everything and that's the specific build he chose.

True enough, I just felt like Phoenix overshadowed everything on any team she was though. Even though Flocker's Zero and Viscant's Wesker were amazing, I'd call them Phoenix players first and foremost. Doesn't really invalidate what they did or can do with their point characters.

I just call teams by what I feel is their most dominant element.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Had a close win over CJ Truth in ranked. Tough little dude. This one's for you Morph Mike!

Dahbomb

EvilRahsaan played Spider Man without Phoenix for a really long time. For the majority of vanilla hi steam was Spidey/Zero/Sentinel.

He's hyping himself up for Ultimate, said he will make an epic comeback for Winter Brawl with Spider Man.

As far as Spider Man in Ultimate goes, I think he's really good but still unpolished by many players. There is no one that I have seen who has put to use Spider Man's various tools into a solid game plan. He has potential for sure. Top 10 is unlikely for Spider Man.

CRAZY Arthur play at 0:35:00 onwards. DAT instant overhead and "pogo" rushdown -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syS-aByqKKE&feature=player_embedded#!

Dahbomb

You can get 3 bars in one combo apparently with IF in green chi but that requires 2 assists.

I knew Iron Fist would be a good pick for Phoenix play but you need a great 2nd assist to get his game going. The fact that they have to rush you down because you are playing Phoenix is in favor of Iron Fist. People need good mix ups with IF and polish the kara cancels for someone to even consider putting him on a Phoenix team.

Also dat costume synergy.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Went up against a Hulk today who was able to cancel his standing S on block with a jump. I heard Noah did this. Anyone know how to do it?

edit- nvm found it

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I hate that ragequitters still have star medal. I Accepted one with FunkyMusick and he stopped playing after lost his nova and ragequit. :(

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I hate that ragequitters still have star medal. I Accepted one with FunkyMusick and he stopped playing after lost his nova and ragequit. :(

It seems you have to quit a LOT before you lose it. Encountered a guy with 99 wins and 1 loss who still had it. I decided not to waste my time and quit at the start of the match before he inevitably would have quit. Based on that it seems the exp penalty is pretty big, but they don't seem to care about that.

I really don't know what to do against people who will 100% certainly ragequit when you beat them. It's so childish. Had my fist ragemail for losing too yesterday. Lost a close match due to a small mistake and the guy messaged me "I kno u mad dogtier". Whatever.

Reached 6th Lord today. Probably gonna be stranded on that rank for a while even though I'm doing quite a bit better than in Vanilla.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
How is the VITA version? SAME game SAME graphics? Or downgraded?

Slightly downgraded. I believe the biggest difference is static backgrounds but other than that it got a Replay Mode as an exclusive extra.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Does it piss anyone else off when someone beats you online, then they walk up to your downed character and keep "hitting" them? Really poor sportsmanship if you ask me. You won, good. No need to do that shit.

GatorBait

Dahbomb: Can you give me your short list of best teammates/assists that you think compliment Vergil? I think I am going to try to cut my teeth on getting better at this game by learning Vergil.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Does it piss anyone else off when someone beats you online, then they walk up to your downed character and keep "hitting" them? Really poor sportsmanship if you ask me. You won, good. No need to do that shit.

In terms of pssing me off:

Top tier:
Wavedashing Rapidly
Teabagging rapidly
Any form of taunting mid-match

High tier:
Taunting multiple times

Mid tier:
Taunting once

Low tier:
Doing random attacks

Also, the medal thing exposing ragequitters was a good idea in concept, but it just doesn't really work. They should have just showed the disconnect percentage like it does in Third Strike.

No, not really. I just wish you could actually hit KO'd characters like in all previous versus games.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I dunno, it just pissed me off. Dude beat me, then walked up to my downed character and repeatedly did Nova's Forward Heavy punch. I like to think I've come a long way in these past several weeks since Ultimate came out. I don't get pissed/depressed when I lose online anymore. Hell, I've actually developed a bit of skill at the game (just went 9-3 in Ranked!). But shit like that just still gets to me. *shrug*

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty silly to let that bother you.

It entirely depends on the context here, if I'm on a losing streak it's gonna irk me a lot more than when I'm generally winning. I will never throw a controller or something dumb though.

The only thing that truly grinds my gears in fighting games post match is the "GG" phrase that everyone likes to utter no matter how the match went. I don't want to hear that shit if I run into a godlike player that beats me 20+ times in a row.

I've never had that happen to me anywhere except the PS3 and Vampire Savior and it can get annoying unless it is someone I know personally or at least through GAF. I'm getting to know the VS players a bit more so I don't feel it as much anymore.

Still, that just makes me come back at them harder next time we play which is obviously what they want and I don't rage like a teenager if the situation comes up.

LakeEarth

It entirely depends on the context here, if I'm on a losing streak it's gonna irk me a lot more than when I'm generally winning. I will never throw a controller or something dumb though.

It's also extremely annoying when the guy is better than you. With someone who got lucky, you think "I'll get him next time", but when it's a really good player you know you can't get that revenge match. Today I lost to the same guy 7 times in a row. Terrible feeling.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
It's also extremely annoying when the guy is better than you. With someone who got lucky, you think "I'll get him next time", but when it's a really good player you know you can't get that revenge match. Today I lost to the same guy 7 times in a row. Terrible feeling.

If the guy is much better than me and taunting, sure he's a dick but it doesn't bother me that much because he was genuinely better. From what I've seen truly good players will rarely bother taunting. If someone herp derps a win and then taunts excessively it tends to irritate me a lot more.

Someone really ought to make some correlation stats between ragequiting/taunting and usage of Team Trench Coat characters. The results would be interesting in my experience.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Post-match taunting and teabagging just makes me eyeroll. Yeah, you're hot stuff man.

I respect a mid-match taunt a lot, however.

Someone really ought to make some correlation stats between ragequiting/taunting and usage of Team Trench Coat characters. The results would be interesting in my experience.
The only person to ever send me racially-charged hatemail in Ultimate ran team trenchcoat. I was not surprised.

The only thing I can't really stand is the after match taunts. Usually I'm better than the guy I'm playing, so I just smack them 5 matches in a row and taunt after the win.

REVENGEANCE BITCHES!!!

Neki

that MMX alt really looks good. if they gave it a voice pack and if Rekkoha didn't look so out of place with Megaman, it'd be really good.

Dahbomb

Great tournament great experience. My 3rd pick won YAY!

Oh and incoming Iron Fist nerfs and Wesker buffs.

Anyone saying IF is more stupid looking over Nemesis and Shuma must have some tentacle fetish. This is the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom