• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phoenix Wright's assists are no longer invincible in turnabout mode. And the complain fest begins in 3......... 2........... 1............

sugar-cookie.gif

Dahbomb

Spencer assist is really good for IF from what I can tell because against in coming character it's a 50/50 they have to deal with... it really ups IF's game against in coming character. It's better for mix ups and resets or combo extensions than just catching people out of the sky with it although it's doable. The standing state from the Spencer assist means you always get the crumple state which ups your damage from the assist. I am thinking call assist, dash under, assist connects go into crumple.

Masamuna

Spencer assist is really good for IF from what I can tell because against in coming character it's a 50/50 they have to deal with... it really ups IF's game against in coming character. It's better for mix ups and resets or combo extensions than just catching people out of the sky with it although it's doable. The standing state from the Spencer assist means you always get the crumple state which ups your damage from the assist. I am thinking call assist, dash under, assist connects go into crumple.

That goes without saying. I'm mostly interested in the practicality of it ala Vajra.

Oh and another question. Justin was ALWAYS going for a back airthrow. Does going for that more or less allow you to OS block/airgrab? Reason I ask is because it's IF's forward airthrow that allows easy followups.

Dahbomb

It's OS with the block so it's usually safer to go for that. For a lot of the characters I play it's almost always better to go for b+H or d/b + H. Like GOOD Wesker players ALWAYS go for B+H throw because it drops them directly below him for the pick up where as the forward throw tosses them far away.

I have noticed that outside of corner, IF's forward ground throw is pretty difficult to follow up into a corner. Doable but requires timing. Back throw is easier to follow up mid screen. I am liking the Justin Wong f+H OS into jump cancel in the corner.

Jarmel

Banned
So not much of a fighter genre person but playing this on Vita and Galactus is tearing me apart. I get him to half life and he then wipes the deck and most of the level with me.

H&H is incredibly fun in the offline mode, though the last fights in the bonus areas can be incredibly cheap. ;(

With that said, I love the Rathian card - combos of 10 hits poisons the enemy. Shit's hilarious.
Have yet to acquire an S card, though.

I also think the game is trying to tell me something, as I've gotten 4 Hunks so far. :(

Neki

H&H is incredibly fun in the offline mode, though the last fights in the bonus areas can be incredibly cheap. ;(

With that said, I love the Rathian card - combos of 10 hits poisons the enemy. Shit's hilarious.
Have yet to acquire an S card, though.

I also think the game is trying to tell me something, as I've gotten 4 Hunks so far. :(

that card seems pretty for Ammy.

arf arf arf arf.

then again, works on almost anyone. who has a combo less than 10 hits without using a super? sentinel, hulk, nemesis? lol.

sephi22

Been messing around with Doom lately.

Why is it that I fall so slow after M,M,->H,S? I can only ever continue the combo in the corner.

You're supposed to press j.H after the H,S because Doom falls faster while shooting the green beam. This lets you get 4 corner loops.

Nittsuma had already said that they haven't planned to change Wesker in this patch, since they already have a lot of things to do. They probably had planned to nerf Wright a lot time ago.

Salty post in 3......2.......1......

FUCK CAPCOM
FUCK CAPCOM
FUCK CAPCOM
FUCK CAPCOM
FUCK CAPCOM

Man, really puts a damper on H&H when they nerf one of your mains when he didn't need it. Thanks, really.

Dartastic

Welp, dropped Phoenix, even as a fun character.
Seriously? That's just dumb. It's so hard to collect evidence against competent players, that you really should be rewarded for it. Bleh. His damage apparently got nerfed too? BLEH.

...now for the real question. Did they nerf Wesker at all? -.-

smurfx

get some go again
Seriously? That's just dumb. It's so hard to collect evidence against competent players, that you really should be rewarded for it. Bleh. His damage apparently got nerfed too? BLEH.

...now for the real question. Did they nerf Wesker at all? -.-
why? he needs buffs if anything. well that is according to viscant. :p

Should I make the H&H tourney thread in this subforum or over at the Community boards? :)

I'm still a Noobgaffer, so I'd rather ask, hah

EDIT:
After checking around abit, it seems like it's pretty much impossible to actually select whom you will be going against, which sucks monkey balls. :(

Dartastic

I'm currently traveling. I am in NYC right now. I will not have access to Heroes and Heralds until I get back to Portland on the 30th. Feels bad man... Sorta. I'm still on vacation. Heh.

mr. puppy

Banned
lol the balance thread on srk is so full of fail right now. nobody can explain why their holy trinity of awful theorycraft (zero/firebrand/viper) barely made top 16, and they all cry about IF and point fingers at each other.

Wait, this H&H mode is like a deliberate goofy fun thing right? Because I got a chance to look at some of the cards for the first time and about 30+ characters would be beyond broken with some of these chards. Strider and chip damage card...really?

But, which leads me to my question. This shit isn't meant to be balanced right? Or am I going to have to make a H&H team for Evo?

It can't even be played in VS, so it's not going to be played at tournaments - unfortunately, cause it would be a hilariously fun side-event. :<

It can't even be played in VS, so it's not going to be played at tournaments - unfortunately, cause it would be a hilariously fun side-event. :<

Hm, I guess you can training mode it with no health regain and no meter regain and no x-factor reuse etc. etc.

I would like to play this then online but I can't stand lag. Ugh. Though to be honest I never tried it - I'm too scared to see my swag combos not land online. Has things improved?

What are some opinions of tournament players or those who have local scenes they go to - is online doable for an offline warrior such as myself? I gotta resubscribe to live, and right now there is no game that I really want to play online...other than this.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I love Capcom! Free post launch DLC = 3mb patch. Wonder what fixes were in those 3mb that prevented the mode from coming out sooner.

Xevren

Hm, I guess you can training mode it with no health regain and no meter regain and no x-factor reuse etc. etc.

I would like to play this then online but I can't stand lag. Ugh. Though to be honest I never tried it - I'm too scared to see my swag combos not land online. Has things improved?

What are some opinions of tournament players or those who have local scenes they go to - is online doable for an offline warrior such as myself? I gotta resubscribe to live, and right now there is no game that I really want to play online...other than this.

Depends on your connection and maybe where you are I guess. I can't play online at all unless I just want to accept that I can't do combo's at all.

RS4-

Pretty weak you can't even invite people for h&h.

edit - I have to do more testing but you can "parry" while you're being hit and slows things down to throw your opponents timing off; you can also red parry like 3s

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Aaargh Bonus Stage just gave me 3 Demitri Maximoff cards in a row. I don't even want to use that card.

Pretty weak you can't even invite people for h&h.

Wait, what? That's beyond ridiculous.

Bizazedo

Two Thanos cards. Yay.

I want to equip three Multiple Man cards. It should allow me 9 Weskers.

It won't. I know this.

But it should.

Giard

Is there any kind of matchmaking/lobbying for H&H? Or is it just that campaign thingy?
I asked this earlier but I don't think I got any answers.

Getting the patch later today :eek:
Sadly I won't be able to play you guys online for a while... :(

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Question: why can you stock more than one of a card, up to 9 copies? I'm missing something there.

Comment:

Aside from lack of local H&H versus due to stone age save game support, the reason you probably can't invite friends in an online lobby is to preserve the "purity" of the war between factions. Otherwise people would be able to invite friends who are playing for the other team, and purposefully throw the game in order to rig the statistics.

What they need is a "Free Battle" option where you make H&H lobbies that don't count towards the metagame.

That and offline versus would make the mode complete. I suspect it's barely possible they'll patch in an online free battle lobby, but offline is probably screwed.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Is there any kind of matchmaking/lobbying for H&H? Or is it just that campaign thingy?
I asked this earlier but I don't think I got any answers.

Getting the patch later today :eek:
Sadly I won't be able to play you guys online for a while... :(

There's online matchmaking for the metagame war of which faction weeks in a given week.

GatorBait

Question: why can you stock more than one of a card, up to 9 copies? I'm missing something there.

Comment:

Aside from lack of local H&H versus due to stone age save game support, the reason you probably can't invite friends in an online lobby is to preserve the "purity" of the war between factions. Otherwise people would be able to invite friends who are playing for the other team, and purposefully throw the game in order to rig the statistics.

What they need is a "Free Battle" option where you make H&H lobbies that don't count towards the metagame.

That and offline versus would make the mode complete. I suspect it's barely possible they'll patch in an online free battle lobby, but offline is probably screwed.
Yep. It's mind-blowing that there isn't an "exhibition mode" where you can invite people to a lobby and not have it count against the official stats. I want to be able to play online H&H with friends and spectate.

Man, Capcom is absolutely stupid when it comes to modes sometime. They really need to bring a group of U.S. consultants in to their Japanese office and show them how you do game modes/options.

Chavelo

OH! H&H mode already dropped today? YAY! Can't wait to get back home and test the mo-

Phoenix Wright's assists are no longer invincible in turnabout mode.

I... oh... ummm... wow... hopefully...

Wesker still has glasses mechanic. I dont know if it was changed at all. Seems the same.

Oh... Jeez, I...

Chavelo said:
Mark my words, GAF. If Phoenix Wright gets the Nerf Hammer before Wesker in this stupid game on the next patch, I'm dropping this shit. KOFXIII and my ever-growing Steam backlog (150+) will welcome me with open arms.

/notsaltyatall

tumblr_lte7n3bw1x1r0ojhto1_500.gif

Yeah, I'm... gonna go back to the Steam thread waiting for the winter sale to start... I... really...

I wonder how much credit I'll get for UMVC3 on my local mom & pop store towards KOFXIII... the hype for the game on SCR was amazing... And I grew up with KOF 98, so it's time to go back to it, I guess... Heh...

Yeah...

:-(

I'll... talk to you guys later, then.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

Comment:

They should have made lobbies unranked, easy fix. The way it is now is...beyond ridiculous. Wanted to play this with friends and GAF lobbies, randoms not so much.

Comment:

3 decks, 3 slots each. If you wanted 3 decks of 3 of the same card, you can use 9 total. Silly, because the most you'd probably ever use is 7, I'd guess. (3 and 2 and 2 since your other decks would probably have at least 1 card changed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom