• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this Heroes and Heralds thing is just dumb. It somehow makes this game's scrubby overpowered bullshit factor explode upward tenfold. I can see it being cool for like, casuals and parties, but you can't even invite your friends OR play it offline. Screw this mode.

RS4-

Brutal, permanent XF for you, auto activation for them.

And yeah they fucked this up by not having any sort of option to play your friends

Whoo, I'm about 1/3 through H&H mode and I just got a tetris ^_^

Three choices to complete my bingo lines, and the team I fought had all three characters lol.

Right now I'm just grinding offline mode to unlock all the cards, I've just been using my main team(Wesker/Magneto/Strider) with the default cards(super armor main + lvl 1 attack up + lvl 1 reduce red health)

This thing is really, really fun.

Nori Chan

Right now I'm just grinding offline mode to unlock all the cards, I've just been using my main team(Wesker/Magneto/Strider) with the default cards(super armor main + lvl 1 attack up + lvl 1 reduce red health)

My default was:
Increase Amount of HC as you start
Increased Vitality and resistance to chip
And faster assist calling.

Oh and this weeks DLC Costume Pack has been delayed til March. (Magneto, Hulk, Arthur, and Firebrand)

Oh, it's random? I was really, really lucky then. Steven Chapman(super armor) seems like one of the better cards. Also, fin fang foom is retarded good because every other good card saps hyper meter with a passion anyway.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
UMvC3: Ancient Warrior costume pack delayed, Magneto alt removed

Nooooo. RIP King of Spain Magneto. Say hello to Kim Jong Il wherever you are.

Ghost Rider with an air-dash is the best thing ever. However the lack of ability to invite people is beyond stupid. How can the developers of the game be this fucking clueless? A 3 year old would have known that people will want to play this with their friends online and off.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Ghost Rider with an air-dash is the best thing ever. However the lack of ability to invite people is beyond stupid. How can the developers of the game be this fucking clueless? A 3 year old would have known that people will want to play this with their friends online and off.

I swear Seth's job must be the most frustrating one in the world sometimes.

"Oh Heroes and Heralds, that sounds cool, can't wait to play that with my friends."

-What are you talking about Seth-san, why would you want to do that? H&H is a worldwide struggle for survival!

"But giving people the option to play it with their friends on and offline would really bolster the appeal. I have some suggestion on how to make it work if you're not sure how to implement it"

-Nonsense, we should use those resources to add more clapping sounds in the online lobbies

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
They didn't even give PW Super Armor?

Ahuahuahuahuahuahua

At least Hsien Ko's assist still comes out and doesn't get stuffed by a simple ass fireball.

H&H doesn't have offline versus, nor can you invite friends? Still no patch-notes? :( This gen Capcom is fucking lame yo. Ghetto ass training mode is not the same thing...

No king of spain Magnus? ;_; What are they going to replace him with? :/

Also, it seems like that silly tech glitch is still in the game...

FSLink

Banned
They didn't even give PW Super Armor?

Ahuahuahuahuahuahua

At least Hsien Ko's assist still comes out and doesn't get stuffed by a simple ass fireball.

Yeah, I don't even see why the hell they didn't give the assists super or hyper armor, it'd make visual sense with Turnabout mode, and make it so we would have to throw it out intelligently.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire

welp

they can always do Joseph

174300-192517-joseph.jpg

2605_4_0342.jpg

79774-101140-joseph.jpg

142532-173679-joseph.jpg

Degen

Soki (undisputed savior of TvC) makes Team Armor even more hard-hitting and even more armored

you'll always be on my team bro ;_;

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
YES YOU CAN MAKE OFFLINE TRAINING MODE INTO A GHETTO VERSUS MODE

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Anyone else get professor X as a daily bonus for entering online mode?

Does it give everyone Steve Chapman/Captain Blue/Ulik/Destroyer as your first cards or is that just me?

RS4-

Yeah was thinking about the training mode for VS but I wasn't sure if you can apply cards to the dummy/p2.

I believe the default cards and today's Daily Card are the same for everyone.

Yep. It's mind-blowing that there isn't an "exhibition mode" where you can invite people to a lobby and not have it count against the official stats. I want to be able to play online H&H with friends and spectate.

Man, Capcom is absolutely stupid when it comes to modes sometime. They really need to bring a group of U.S. consultants in to their Japanese office and show them how you do game modes/options.

Nah, it's not like that. It's just that all of that stuff is being kept for SFxT. You know it's true. We're the silly step-child that papa Capcom doesn't truly love.

Does it give everyone Steve Chapman/Captain Blue/Ulik/Destroyer as your first cards or is that just me?

Yes, I got Prof. X for daily bonus.

No, I did not start with those cards, only with Steve Chapman and Ulik; the other 2 cards I started with were Nightcrawler and Iceman. My guess is that it's a random pool of 4 C-level cards you get. And even there I think it's not all C-level cards, but out of a certain pool of cards.

Wait what? Source?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
YES YOU CAN MAKE OFFLINE TRAINING MODE INTO A GHETTO VERSUS MODE

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Yes to your first question, but I had already acquired him before I went online.
Steve Chapman/Ryu/Destroyer/...someone else not in your four to the second question.

I have quite a few S cards already. Mainly because I'm using two rarity boosters.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Garbage. Get over yourselves. We have our presidents in NBA Jam.

Sounds like there's not going to be a replacement.

Ugh, that makes it even worse. I was so psyched for that costume. H&H not being social at all pisses me off a lot more though. I hate to dump it all on Seth, but I hope enough people complain about this nonsense and they hear it.

Ugh, that makes it even worse. I was so psyched for that costume. H&H not being social at all pisses me off a lot more though. I hate to dump it all on Seth, but I hope enough people complain about this nonsense and they hear it.

They won't. It's UMvC3. Not SF4 or SFxT. We're in this position where the developers and PR would love to give us more shit, but can't because of the suits.

sephi22

1. Phoenix Wright's assists are not invincible anymore
2. Wesker didn't get any nerfs
3. Heroes & Heralds launches with no offline or friend support.
4. Magneto's Swagneto DLC costume redacted
5. Vita UMvC3 features trailer contains scenes from the 6 minute extended intro, which was probably held from the console release so that they could put it into the Vita version.

Today has been a shit day.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

LOL! OMG this is so sad/funny/I don't know even.

Fuckin' costume's even in the strategy guide. It's on the disc. So they have to patch it to permanently lock the offending alt!

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire

5. Vita UMvC3 features trailer contains scenes from the 6 minute extended intro, which was probably held from the console release so that they could put it into the Vita version.

Capcom am professionals

Goddamn Nick Fury is retarded good on high health characters.(when one character is left, they heal back to like 25% every time they're below 5%)

Which basically means you have to have a giant-ass single hit attack to kill the anchor. I did like 6 glasses-off wesker combos on haggar and TWO LEVEL 3s, and he WOULD NOT GO DOWN. Ok, the second level 3 killed him.

btw, this is what I like to call bad luck:

87p2I.jpg

vg260

Damn that really sucks, cause House of M Magneto was looking really swag on stream. :/

Yeah, at least based on this wording I assume it's just been dropped:
"When it arrives early next year, the pack will not contain Magneto as previously stated."

Any archives of this in action?

If they ever do an AE-style update or another set of alts, they need to patch in an alt. But I assume they've halted such development. Worst case, add another color in the next patch or just give a helmet-less version if that wouldn't require any new modeling work.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
They won't. It's UMvC3. Not SF4 or SFxT. We're in this position where the developers and PR would love to give us more shit, but can't because of the suits.

Yeah, meanwhile over in SFxT-land, they get seemingly unlimited money to make super high quality CG moves for like every fucking character reveal! Just cuz!

sephi22

Fuckin' costume's even in the strategy guide. It's on the disc. So they have to patch it to permanently lock the offending alt!

I don't get why its even offensive. It basically makes it look like King Juan flying all over the place slapping fools and grabbity squeezing the shit outta them. If I were Spain, I'd pay Capcom for making the King look like a boss.

Yeah, meanwhile over in SFxT-land, they get seemingly unlimited money to make super high quality CG moves for like every fucking character reveal! Just cuz!

And make troll character reveals AND PUT IN FUCKING MEGA MAN.

I don't get why its even offensive. It basically makes it look like King Juan flying all over the place slapping fools and grabbity squeezing the shit outta them. If I were Spain, I'd pay Capcom for making the King look like a boss.

I can see why it might be "offensive" to some people, since it could be seen as defacing the history of Spain. What I don't get is why Marvel opted to go with a controversial costume choice like that (the original image had caused quite a bit of ruckus as well), and not go for something else, like Xorn or 80s Magneto (the one without helmet and the big white M on his chest).

ReiGun

Smh at all this (except the wesker thing, cause I wasn't expecting that anyway).

sephi22

Smh at all this (except the wesker thing, cause I wasn't expecting that anyway).
I would've been fine with Wesker if they hadn't nerfed Wright, since we weren't expecting a balance patch. But nerfing Wright and leaving Wesker alone just shows that Capcom don't have their priorities right.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

If I was the King of Spain, my Heroes and Heralds setup would totally be Multiple Man x3
Kingneto/Kingneto/Kingneto

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Goddamn Nick Fury is retarded good on high health characters.(when one character is left, they heal back to like 25% every time they're below 5%)

Which basically means you have to have a giant-ass single hit attack to kill the anchor. I did like 6 glasses-off wesker combos on haggar and TWO LEVEL 3s, and he WOULD NOT GO DOWN. Ok, the second level 3 killed him.

btw, this is what I like to call bad luck:

87p2I.jpg
Bad luck?

>Get bonus stage
>Win first match, get Blade
>Win fifth match, get Blade
>Reward for clearing bonus stage? Blade

*removes Prof X card and replaces with Von Karma*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom