• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Phoenix Wright assists were nerfed after all...

*stares at avatar* ...

...Wait, Ammy's Glaive j.H was nerfed too? Doesn't that make the last trial useless?

*stares at avatar* ...

I...I can't quit them......

1. Phoenix Wright's assists are not invincible anymore
2. Wesker didn't get any nerfs
3. Heroes & Heralds launches with no offline or friend support.
4. Magneto's Swagneto DLC costume redacted
5. Vita UMvC3 features trailer contains scenes from the 6 minute extended intro, which was probably held from the console release so that they could put it into the Vita version.

Today has been a shit day.
And to think I was hyped for today. 2 wouldn‘t even bother me if it wasn‘t for 1 :/

Also what Red said.

Ugh, I was OK with UMVC3 at the beginning, but Capcom just keeps giving me reasons to “hate“ them >_>

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wow at H&H support.
That's pretty sad. If they wanted it in people's hands earlier they should at least state what they are doing or plan to do.

Man, after all that hype from SCR, Capcom managed to practically kill it for me in one day. H&H is cool, but i really doubt i'll use it much once i get all the cards.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Man, after all that hype from SCR, Capcom managed to practically kill it for me in one day. H&H is cool, but i really doubt i'll use it much once i get all the cards.

Yup, this is an S-tier cock-up. There is NO reason, including budget, that having a non-ranked friends battle room shoudn't be in H&H. By coding/testing standards that has got to be utterly trivial.

My guess is it's not there purely because the Japanese team has typical tunnel vision and no imagination for how people would want to use the mode, or its long term appeal outside of collecting cards.

Holy shit, I just encountered the most fucktard cheap combination I've ever seen in my life.

Super Armor, Speed Up and damage boost. HOLY FUCK THAT SENTINEL. And it was on a bonus stage too, so I have to fucking unlock it all over again. -_-

I was super excited to be playing H&H, until Phoenix Wright got hit out of his assist and I realized the nerf went through.

Apparently he says "Take That" instead of "Take This" now though, so I'll take the bad with the good.

rexor0717

Oh I see. So Wesker's glasses are fine, but Phoenix Wright was the one really in need of nerfs. Next they will take away Felicia's air delta kick, and make Wesker's gun OTG more than one character.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck I'm having a bad feeling about one of my characters...Gonna check something.

I'm still willing to part with PW's invincibility, but he needs buffs to make up for it. I guess they just gave the easy fix now before the balance changes that would actually help him are ready.

I'm assuming the first balance patch is gonna have something for Phoenix. Otherwise, I guess Capcom is just willing to leave him to die.

The bit about no proper offline play sounds like a bitch. Damn, I'm cynical as fuck and I didn't expect today to be so negative.

Capcom impresses me sometimes.
Ugh, that makes it even worse. I was so psyched for that costume. H&H not being social at all pisses me off a lot more though. I hate to dump it all on Seth, but I hope enough people complain about this nonsense and they hear it.
No one there except Seth cares enough to say anything and Niitsuma's team is probably working on Megaman edition as we speak.

5. Vita UMvC3 features trailer contains scenes from the 6 minute extended intro, which was probably held from the console release so that they could put it into the Vita version.

ooooh daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn SwiftRage
I would've been fine with Wesker if they hadn't nerfed Wright, since we weren't expecting a balance patch. But nerfing Wright and leaving Wesker alone just shows that Capcom don't have their priorities right.
I'm glad they listened to Viscant. Shit, Wesker might needs buffs before he is knocked off top five.
And to think I was hyped for today. 2 wouldn‘t even bother me if it wasn‘t for 1 :/

Also what Red said.

Ugh, I was OK with UMVC3 at the beginning, but Capcom just keeps giving me reasons to “hate“ them >_>
I'd say you are pretty good already. If all this shit can't make you hate them then nothing will lol.
the nerfed phoenix wright

they fucking nerfed phoenix wright
They should have switched invulnerability to some heavy super armor instead.

daaaaaaaaaamn
The whole bonus level mechanic is bullshit. I'm done with this retarded game mode.
Bonus level?
I'm still willing to part with PW's invincibility, but he needs buffs to make up for it. I guess they just gave the easy fix now before the balance changes that would actually help him are ready.

I'm assuming the first balance patch is gonna have something for Phoenix. Otherwise, I guess Capcom is just willing to leave him to die.
I was thinking about how to balance Phoenix Wright last night and the best thing I could come up with was a VS Hsien-Ko evidence mechanic, but he is so bad outside turnabout mode that I don't know if he could survive to get what he needs. Ugh... Phoenix Wright should have had a level up mechanic like Frank's but somehow more random. I KNEW Frank would be great as soon as I saw him and Phoenix looked too random.

I hope they go back to the drawing board on him in Megaman edition.

You have to first unlock all of them by going through the stupid hitlists. OK. Then you have ONE SINGLE CHANCE ONLY. If you lose - well, fuck you, you gotta unlock the whole retarded bonus level again. Especially fun if you were at the last fucking match. It of course doesn't help that the AI is actually competent in them, and that they constantly get stupid card combinations.

A Sentinel who can fucking infinite you with fucking spit is retarded.

IronLich

Anyone else's game locking up after completing an online H&H match? Feels weird. I still got cards after winning, so it doesn't completely suck.

So disappointed there's no type of friend lobbies for this game to just fuck around with the cards. There's turning training mode into an offline VS funhouse, but beyond that, nothing else.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CASUALS!

No friends rooms is anti-casual in H&H. Casual players would prefer, I'd think, the ability to play non-ranked infinite battle rooms and the ability to just spectate matches rather than get chewed up by ranked-only battles.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You have to first unlock all of them by going through the stupid hitlists. OK. Then you have ONE SINGLE CHANCE ONLY. If you lose - well, fuck you, you gotta unlock the whole retarded bonus level again. Especially fun if you were at the last fucking match. It of course doesn't help that the AI is actually competent in them, and that they constantly get stupid card combinations.

A Sentinel who can fucking infinite you with fucking spit is retarded.
The AI didn't seem any different at all for me from regular hit lists. They're all braindead to me until you get to the final bonus stage round where there is a difficulty spike. Plus there's only 3 bonus stages per side it looks like, and hit lists come and go pretty quick.

Not finding it bullshit at all, aside from, you know, the purpose of the mode being to exercise your extra-bullshit Mahvel fantasies.

Bonus level?

In the offline mode of H&H. It basically works like this:
There's several areas you have to liberate/seize (depending on which team you play as). Additionally, you have a hitlist of characters you have to defeat. Once you get a row/line of these characters, one of 3 "bonus levels" is unlocked, which is essentially 5 harder matches that net you A- and S-cards.

However, the AI in those levels is actually competent and always has incredibly stupid card combinations.

The AI didn't seem any different at all for me from regular hit lists. They're all braindead to me until you get to the final bonus stage round where there is a difficulty spike. Plus there's only 3 bonus stages per side it looks like, and hit lists come and go pretty quick.

Not finding it bullshit at all, aside from, you know, the purpose of the mode being to exercise your extra-bullshit Mahvel fantasies.

First 2 or 3 matches are easy, yes, but last two to three (especially the last), and specifically on the space stage are just moronic. I repeat. Sentinel being able to infinite you with spit (which is what that fucker did with me) and similar things is just beyond bullshit Marvel fantasies.

I'm usually not one to care about cheap shit, but this is too cheap even for my tastes.

What's the deal with Magneto's costume?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, playing H&H I thought thye had lowered the hitstun of Human Rocket Punch L making my favorite corner combo unusable with Nova. Went to traning mode and everything's fine, must have been one of the card effects messing with me.

No one there except Seth cares enough to say anything and Niitsuma's team is probably working on Megaman edition as we speak.

Which is why I said he must have the most frustrating job in the world sometimes.

LakeEarth

I haven't tried H&H mode, but my tip for facing off against the AI is to always have hidden missiles assist + a chipping character. The AI tends to stop dead in its tracks when you shoot off hidden missiles (especially at a distance), making them prime for chipping (ie. constantly s.H -> plasma bolt with Hawkeye).

Anth0ny

As legal as having all costumes on disc and making people pay to unlock them. I don't think Capcom has a leg to stand on if they sue someone for unlocking the costumes on disc.

But I'm guessing you need a modded xbox and all that shit. Or is it an exploit like Twilight Hack?

edit: oh, it doesn't work anymore. that sucks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I haven't tried H&H mode, but my tip for facing off against the AI is to always have hidden missiles assist + a chipping character. The AI tends to stop dead in its tracks when you shoot off hidden missiles (especially at a distance), making them prime for chipping (ie. constantly s.H -> plasma bolt with Hawkeye).
Also the AI has absolutely no idea how to deal with super/hyper armor. You can win Arcade mode likewise free using Sent + Beam + anchor of choice.

sephi22

Yup. That's how I beat arcade mode with all characters on hardest. (Sent Spit + Missiles Assist + Ending character as anchor + 30 seconds time + damage on highest).

And I switch to my 'cheap' team on bonus stages.
Sentinel/Doom/Phoenix
Jun/Mephisto/Servbot

Mephisto = start with 3 meters
Servbot = Call assists (doom) faster
Jun (I think that's her name) = Auto Hyper meter regen, less meter required for Hypers

High spit-low spit- HSF all day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom