• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't had any trouble with offline H&H in terms of difficulty. On the higher stars they start blocking more, but their damage output is still subpar. Arm yourself with healing cards or chip enhancing cards if need be and you should be fine.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So did they remove it from UMvC3?
It's already on disc, but the DLC pack has delayed. Pretty unlikely we'll get a replacement costume for Mags unless they decide to send out a mandatory update to every game which includes the new model, which would require them paying up MS and Sony some more.

shaowebb

Herald Wesker with super armor and auto regen:

bvoqw.jpg

OH GOD I'M DYING OVER HERE GOD'S BEARD!!
:D
Lol

Also I'm Enjoying the joys of Air Dash Iron Fist With Tatsu Assist from my Ryu now. Using Prof X and Blade card to unlock more good cards and to gain health per attack if I drop below 40% health. So far Haven't even NEEDED to use anyone on my team of IF/Ryu/RR yet besides my point Iron Fist. You just can't run from him. Dunno what everyone's going on about bonus stages for though. I got through Demon Village no prob with pretty much only 2 cards giving perks via Blade and Green Goblin.

Can folks trade cards BTW?

Also are those the ONLY changes known from the patch? Why isn't Wesker damage nerfed?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
So tommorow no Firebrand, Hulk and Arthur outfits because of the Mags thing? Damn, just take the medals off his chest and call it a day.

Replace them with a Not the King of Spain sticker. Next up: Elvis relatives suing for M.O.D.O.K.

Xevren

It becomes most obvious when your opponent doesn't have a quick move and start using snap-backs cause its the only thing that can beat your jab (like Haggar).

If they have no meter, they also will just hit the fuck out of you with raw tags. It's humiliating!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So tommorow no Firebrand, Hulk and Arthur outfits because of the Mags thing? Damn, just take the medals off his chest and call it a day.
Taking the medals off doesn't solve the problem that the entire image is stolen from the King of Spain.

Give me helmetless Magneto and call it a day.

Taking the medals off doesn't solve the problem that the entire image is stolen from the King of Spain.

Give me helmetless Magneto and call it a day.

Make the outfit purple, increase the swag!

But yeah, hopefully they just give us helmet-less Mags and fix it quick. Really want that Arthur armor.

Neki

what do you mean, stolen from the king of spain?

like, this is what the king of spain looks like if he were air dashing around and slapping fools?

Now that King Magneto is gone, they can put out the Magneto costume I want.

23516-3092-26210-1-uncanny-x-men-the_super.jpg

Although, I can't imagine how Capcom is going to deal with putting out DLC that isn't on the disc. This is a strange, unfamiliar new world for them.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Also, y'all know I'm a Niitsuma apologist and all but IF indeed the PW assist thing was a glitch, that's so fucked up and doesn't make any sense at all. The latter half of PW PR focused on his godlike invincible assists, and "fixing" it by making it no longer invincible and not even super/hyper armor is straight puzzling. Inconsistency in logic right there, nothing about that at all makes sense.

Gonna wait for a decent (community made or not) list of patch notes to come out before I start worrying about regular UMvC3 again.

Hey Karsticles, can you alpha counter out of your firebrand loop? Like if someone used a better assist than Dark Hole that you couldn't just dash out of like Dante's.

shaowebb

1BW6m.jpg

How about this all red number with the blacked out face and glowing eyes for simplicity? Loses points for pig tails though.

Although, I can't imagine how Capcom is going to deal with putting out DLC that isn't on the disc. This is a strange, unfamiliar new world for them.

The 3rd set of DLC costumes for SSFIV was new content not on the disc. With free compatibility packs they let wou download the data to view opponents wearing them, but you'd have to buy to use them yourself.

Oh, but on PS3 there was no such compatibility pack. Either buy them or don't see them on your opponent (they would have display the default outfit on your end in that case).

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

like, this is what the king of spain looks like if he were air dashing around and slapping fools?

Few Americans realize just how many fools the king of Spain bitchslaps in Madrid airspace a day.

They've got an air traffic control tower just for his Grace.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Also, y'all know I'm a Niitsuma apologist and all but IF indeed the PW assist thing was a glitch, that's so fucked up and doesn't make any sense at all. The latter half of PW PR focused on his godlike invincible assists, and "fixing" it by making it no longer invincible and not even super/hyper armor is straight puzzling. Inconsistency in logic right there, nothing about that at all makes sense.

Gonna wait for a decent (community made or not) list of patch notes to come out before I start worrying about regular UMvC3 again.

Not only that, but he was still vulnerable from the back.

Few Americans realize just how many fools the king of Spain bitchslaps in Madrid airspace a day.

They've got an air traffic control tower just for his Grace.

ROOOOOOFL. You saved my day, Sir. Kudos to you. And the crown of Spain.

How about this all red number with the blacked out face and glowing eyes for simplicity? Loses points for pig tails though.

Too similar to standard Magneto.

mangeto-carlos.jpg

You know, everyone is bitching about this Vita port thing and some people are even blaming it on sony. The fact is, I can almost guarantee that Capcom knew that the console version wouldn't sell that well because of the timing and didn't have a choice to move it because of Marvel. They knew it wouldn't even get top level reviews because their biggest new feature(H&H mode) wouldn't be ready for release. So understandably, they're trying to recoup their investment by shifting over features to the Vita version, where they'll have new system hype and less competition.

Neki

You know, everyone is bitching about this Vita port thing and some people are even blaming it on sony. The fact is, I can almost guarantee that Capcom knew that the console version wouldn't sell that well because of the timing and didn't have a choice to move it because of Marvel. They knew it wouldn't even get top level reviews because their biggest new feature(H&H mode) wouldn't be ready for release. So understandably, they're trying to recoup their investment by shifting over features to the Vita version, where they'll have new system hype and less competition.

could have been easily solved by releasing Ultimate as DLC.

Salty tears of sadness from the Phoenix Wright nerf are so.fucking.delcious. If it means I have to see less of him, it's fine by me.

Oh, and Merry Christmas, everyone. ;)

--

If I were the King of Spain, I'd be pretty hyped that Swagneto stole my threads. Then again, the King of Spain probably doesn't even know what MvC is. :lol

V_Arnold

could have been easily solved by releasing Ultimate as DLC.

Except that it is not how it works. Some game engines are not capable of such a drastic change, like SFIV could not handle SSFIV as a "DLC". Same for MVC3, I imagine Nitsuma's team to be more old-school when it comes to thinking ahead.

shaowebb

Magneto had one of the better alts coming really. Best were Spencer, Spider-man and well okay there were a lot of great ones and most were nice except Iron Fist. If we get his old Xorn outfit though I'd be cool with it. That would look pretty damned awesome out there.

Neki

Except that it is not how it works. Some game engines are not capable of such a drastic change, like SFIV could not handle SSFIV as a "DLC". Same for MVC3, I imagine Nitsuma's team to be more old-school when it comes to thinking ahead.

The fact that the game shipped without spectator mode is an embarrassment itself. That's the only thing I would imagine couldn't be done without a modified engine. All other things seem easy enough.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Top tip: DO NOT equip cards that increase your chances of getting rare cards in bonus stages.

After my fuck up with blade, I now have 4 Hunks >.<

V_Arnold

The fact that the game shipped without spectator mode is an embarrassment itself. That's the only thing I would imagine couldn't be done without a modified engine. All other things seem easy enough.

Again: do you have an internal view to the engine? Have you seen the proper hooks being placed on the engine so it can check whether there is 38 or 50 character? Whether it can have an altered multiplayer mode with spectator mode? Whether it can check for those additional maps?

If you were on the development team and seen that yes, the engine was in fact prepared for all that, then I am sorry.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Again: do you have an internal view to the engine? Have you seen the proper hooks being placed on the engine so it can check whether there is 38 or 50 character? Whether it can have an altered multiplayer mode with spectator mode? Whether it can check for those additional maps?

If you were on the development team and seen that yes, the engine was in fact prepared for all that, then I am sorry.

Don't forget other features like activating X-factor in the air, and changing how TACs work.

Neki

You're being quite pretentious for someone who knows nothing about the game engine. If they couldn't even make an engine to support new characters being DLC only, then that is quite incompetent. I'm sorry I actually have faith in developers to build engines that can be easily be built upon. I think most developers are smart, not idiots.

Holy shit, I just encountered the most fucktard cheap combination I've ever seen in my life.

Super Armor, Speed Up and damage boost. HOLY FUCK THAT SENTINEL. And it was on a bonus stage too, so I have to fucking unlock it all over again. -_-

If you're losing on the bonus stages just quit before you die.

V_Arnold

You're being quite pretentious for someone who knows nothing about the game engine. If they couldn't even make an engine to support new characters being DLC only, then that is quite incompetent. I'm sorry I actually have faith in developers to build engines that can be easily be built upon. I think they're smart, not idiots.

Pretentious? I do not understand why the comment shows that, honestly. SFIV team IS more competent when it comes to features and tech than Mahvel-team, and even they could not handle a thing like that. Therefore it is not assuming that they are idiots, it is that simply they were NOT preparing for something like that.

And honestly, it is getting to be really, really tiresome to hear all these "should have been DLC" complaints with EVERY fighting game now. Really: NO, it could not just be a dlc. If you are a regular player, you should have no issues for paying 39.99 to an "expansion", none at all.

And also: if the two new characters (Jill/Shuma) have cost what? $5 each? Then how much would Capcom have to charge for 12 new characters and new stages? $60+? Good job to price it as a 39.99 retail upgrade then, imho.

shaowebb

Nearly lost Iron Fist to a C.Viper. She had increased jumps and I think I high fived God on that air combo she did using it lol.
Level 3 ended her shit. Seriously...Iron Fist is damned deadly with cards.

Neki

You accuse me of not knowing the engine, yet you act like you know the restrictions of the engine. I think it makes a lot more sense to assume that developers can do things, rather than assuming things they can't do.

And also: if the two new characters (Jill/Shuma) have cost what? $5 each? Then how much would Capcom have to charge for 12 new characters and new stages? $60+? Good job to price it as a 39.99 retail upgrade then, imho.

And at 5 dollars a piece, look at how well Jill and Shuma turned out.

HINT: not very well

Honestly, I love Ultimate, but it'd be stupid for me not to ignore the flaws that came with it, or the things that could have been easily alleviated by Capcom. Capcom shouldn't be immune to criticism.

Frantic

Top tip: DO NOT equip cards that increase your chances of getting rare cards in bonus stages.

After my fuck up with blade, I now have 4 Hunks >.<
Do you have nine Mandarins? No? Then you can't complain! Seriously, I got five Mandarins in a row, got a new card, then back to four in a row. Yeah...

Anyways, I love some of these cards. Wasp/X/Kenji with Haggar is hilarious. Increased overall speed from Wasp, airdash from X, and increased dash speeds from Kenji? People have to respect the pipe even more than before.

One interesting thing I noticed is that Vergil actually gets Dante/Trish's airdash/double-jump platform when he has an airdash card, but not one for his double jump. It disappears again once he goes Devil Trigger. Honestly wish they left it for all of them, it looks cool with the blue color, lol.

Damn I wake up and see all this crap, PW assist nerfed, vita getting the full intro, costume pack delayed. Profound sadness. Seriously fuck you capcom. And is it true that capcom locked out the feature to save screeshots for the vita version? A feature that is native to the system and Capcom really decided to lock that shit out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom