• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, it doesn't seem like there's a way to get full super armor and auto-blocking at the same time. I wanted to see what would happen.

edit: Arthur/Hawkeye/Doom with Daredevil secondary(cancel specials into specials) and meter boosters is pretty stupid.

Uncle AJ

I dare anyone to find a stronger H&H team than this:

Wesker(Low Shot)/Magneto(EMD)/Shuma(Laser)

Fin Fang Foom - Primary: You can activate X-Factor an unlimited number of times at the cost of HC Gauge, however you will no longer be able to use Hyper Combos.
Juggernaut - Secondary: Assist attacks gain super armor. [Lv. 2] (uses HC Gauge upon hit)
Fantastic Four - Secondary: Gain the ability to call assists even when you are taking damage at the cost of HC Gauge.

How much meter does each of those cost? Seems like it would be a huge meter drain.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn, it doesn't seem like there's a way to get full super armor and auto-blocking at the same time. I wanted to see what would happen.

edit: Arthur/Hawkeye/Doom with Daredevil secondary(cancel specials into specials) and meter boosters is pretty stupid.
God's Beard
Desk Jr.
(Today, 01:34 PM)

if capcom is nerfing characters because of casual online play and scrubs getting destroyed by hulks H then why would they leave wesker the way he is?

Hopefully Capcom isn't balancing the game based on online play. Because that would be the single most dumb as shit thing they could do. Understandably, not everyone has friends who play Marvel or a local scene to play offline casuals or tournaments, but online in of itself is broken due to the lag. It's either minimal, moderate, or severe. There is no resemblance of any kind of "frame" data with online play. There is no concept of what's punishable or not from match to match with varying lag.

Naturally, they should only balance the game in terms of offline play, since it's the only thing that you could balance it on since it's static. If you nerf Zero's annoying cross up lighting bullshit for example, to give online players more time to judge block direction due to online lag, then the move becomes absolutely worthless in competitive offline play and even in online matches with very minimal lag. It opens up a never ending cluster fuck to try and balance things on online play.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Personally, I agree with the theory that Capcom balances games based around two things:

1. Offline / arcade play data that highlights attributes which are broken by criteria Capcom uses, which may not be the criteria many players use.

2. The perception that characters are being played in a way that isn't how the designers intended their archetype to function within the ecosystem of the game.

From an internal perspective it makes a kind of sense, but can be baffling to outsiders at times.

mr. puppy

Banned
alright I got the barfights DVD b/c i needed to watch it in HD and with all of the shit talk, plus I'm about to go on a long trek to family's house for Xmas and I needed something to watch.

Best part:

Justin Wong at 1:17: "I just want to say that Andre is a bitch for not playing Combofiend."

Neki

Characters can now air block when falling to the ground after an air dash.

weird, lol. so you just can't block mid air dash now. And the Capcom Unity called Wolverine's Swiss Cheese Berserker Barrage, is that the real name?

Lothars

alright I got the barfights DVD b/c i needed to watch it in HD and with all of the shit talk, plus I'm about to go on a long trek to family's house for Xmas and I needed something to watch.

Best part:

Justin Wong at 1:17: "I just want to say that Andre is a bitch for not playing Combofiend."
Hey where did you get the barfights dvd? I would love to watch it but haven't been able to yet.

Xevren

Capcom Unity Posts Official Change Log for December 19th H&H Update

I love how an official changelog links to an unofficial change log video made by a community member that has undocumented changes.

One that caught my eye

"There was one frame where you could not block after activating X-Factor, but that has been fixed so you can block immediately now."

I've had a few matches offline where that happened, I'm no masher so I thought I was just going crazy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
'ASSIST ME!' Season 2 Trailer: Featuring Deadpool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa4zsc_HRgE
HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

One that caught my eye

"There was one frame where you could not block after activating X-Factor, but that has been fixed so you can block immediately now."

I've had a few matches offline where that happened, I'm no masher so I thought I was just going crazy.
Yeah, it explains quite a bunch of fuck ups in tournaments too, in fact.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Characters can now air block when falling to the ground after an air dash.

weird, lol. so you just can't block mid air dash now. And the Capcom Unity called Wolverine's Swiss Cheese Berserker Barrage, is that the real name?

Yeah, that's the official name now.

MoxManiac

There was one frame where you could not block after activating X-Factor, but that has been fixed so you can block immediately now.

Hmm, this would explain why i'd x-factor cancel and somehow get hit anyways..

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ah, it looks like it's called Berserker Rage in North America, and Machine Gun Claw everywhere else?

It'll always be SWISS CHEEEESE to me, though.

I feel like the standard H&H deck is going to be Colossus(primary)/Mephisto/Fin Fang Foom. It's easy, and it beats so many things.

I do feel like eventually people will figure out that zoning is stronger than rushdown in H&H.

Strongest decks I can think of:

(any team)
Fin Fang Foom - Primary: You can activate X-Factor an unlimited number of times at the cost of HC Gauge, however you will no longer be able to use Hyper Combos.
Juggernaut - Secondary: Assist attacks gain super armor. [Lv. 2] (uses HC Gauge upon hit)
Fantastic Four - Secondary: Gain the ability to call assists even when you are taking damage at the cost of HC Gauge.

(rushdown)
Colossus - Primary: Gain super armor. [Lv. 1] (uses HC Gauge upon hit)
Mephisto - Secondary: The length of instant attacks will be increased. [Lv. 1] + Increases the amount of HC Gauge you have at the start of the match. [Lv. 2]
Fin Fang Foom - Secondary: Constant X-Factor, however you will no longer be able to use Hyper Combos. X-Factor will activates with 3 or more bars of HC Gauge stored, and deactivates with less than 3 bars.

(zoning)
Mephisto - Primary: Increases the amount of HC Gauge you have at the start of the match. [Lv. 3] + HC Gauge refills automatically. [Lv. 2]
Daredevil - Secondary: You will be unable to see how much HC Gauge your opponent has. + Cancel one special move into another at the cost of HC Gauge.

Bizazedo

One that caught my eye

Yeah, we figured out what was happening fairly quickly.

It was one of those things, though, that seemed so hard to miss, we assumed it was intentional?

"We" being myself and my offline buddies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So.. when you beat a stage, and you play it again when it's already 100%, you still get that bonus card again for completing that stage. However, I believe it's the same card every time. Demon Village Redux always gives Blade to me, and I just Silver Surfer from beating The Hand Hideout. And I'm pretty sure completing the final match of Demon Village Redux the first time gave em Von Karma too, so maybe the Bonus Stages (EDIT: and stage-complete reward cards) all have static rewards?

mr. puppy

Banned
You bought a hard DVD copy on disc? I don't see it on the site either. That stuff would be cool.

no you buy it on the site and they give you download links, its about 5GB total, its giantic. its awesome listening to the coach tracks and just having the ability to turn off james chen.

weeskwee

Banned
seriously, is this the best fighter ever? feels like it to me. i freaking love it!

anyone else buying this on Vita too? seems like the perfect version, with it's ties to the PS3version and exclusive recording feature.

I was going crazy with theory fighter as well, switching cards and learning new combos/resets and ended up with a pretty strong version of Ghost Rider/Hawkeye/Wesker team that could Air Dash, move fast than usual, and x-factor twice. It was all going well for me but I got a little bored so I decided to apply Occam's razor to H&H:

Multiple Man + Mephisto + Fin Fang Foom

X-Factor Wesker
X-Factor Wesker
X-Factor Wesker

I put MM in the S slot so I end up with a random damage boost, nobody's managed to beat my 3 levels of Wesker team yet.

JeTmAn81

seriously, is this the best fighter ever? feels like it to me. i freaking love it!

anyone else buying this on Vita too? seems like the perfect version, with it's ties to the PS3version and exclusive recording feature.

The Vita version seems cool, but even if I had the money for it and the system I can't see picking it up. Once you've gotten used to a TE fightstick, it's hard to imagine doing the same stuff with the controls of a handheld.

I was going crazy with theory fighter as well, switching cards and learning new combos/resets and ended up with a pretty strong version of Ghost Rider/Hawkeye/Wesker team that could Air Dash, move fast than usual, and x-factor twice. It was all going well for me but I got a little bored so I decided to apply Occam's razor to H&H:

Multiple Man + Mephisto + Fin Fang Foom

X-Factor Wesker
X-Factor Wesker
X-Factor Wesker

I put MM in the S slot so I end up with a random damage boost, nobody's managed to beat my 3 levels of Wesker team yet.

Time to work on a 3x Trish team...

Karst: Go into training mode under offline mode, and into dummy/player settings and at the bottom there should be an option to set ability cards. Once you set them, the match restarts with them applied.
Thanks!

It doesn't do anything, it works the same sway as hitting the last character left in a normal team does.

Here's something fun to try: Mephisto (or other meter building cards) + Multiple Man, and then pick Phoenix. You'll be able to get at least 2 Dark Phoenix's a match, and probably 3.
Third card should be Kingpin, which gives a bar of meter every time a character dies and boosts Phoenix Rage's damage big time.

My main team's deck:
Mephisto
Kingpin
Kingpin

3 bars of meter to start with.
Automatic meter regen.
All hypers do double damage (seriously, 600K random Chaotic Flames).
All characters provide meter when they die.

ToDs everything with my THC.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just beat Heroes campaign, now done both. 82.69% of the cards.

Edward Fokker(*)/Fing Fang Foom/Mephisto is best combo IMO.

What does "The length of instant attacks will be increased" mean anyways? (Mephisto)

Thanks!

Third card should be Kingpin, which gives a bar of meter every time a character dies and boosts Phoenix Rage's damage big time.

My main team's deck:
Mephisto
Kingpin
Kingpin

3 bars of meter to start with.
Automatic meter regen.
All hypers do double damage (seriously, 600K random Chaotic Flames).
All characters provide meter when they die.

ToDs everything with my THC.

You should use Daredevil so you can have two pillars at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom