• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
you talkin about that corner h, gun, h, gun loop? u got setups/combos to go into that?

Yeah, the basic Viscant reset sets it up perfectly. Any normal BnB, Gunshot OTG + assist, jab, jH/throw option select. Without glasses, you'll be doing around 500k + 575k, with it's 600k + 650k, depending on what assists you're using to reset etc

Jump loops used to do slightly less damage than the BnBs, now they do slightly more.

USD

Drama between D'Nyc3 and Chris on Twitter, Arturo and NerdJosh trying to calm things down:

D'Nyc3 said:

Chris G said:

D'Nyc3 said:

D'Nyc3 said:

Arturo said:

D'Nyc3 said:

Arturo said:

D'Nyc3 said:

D'Nyc3 said:

Chris G said:

D'Nyc3 said:

D'Nyc3 said:

D'Nyc3 said:

NerdJosh said:

D'Nyc3 said:

Chris G said:

GeoNeo

I disagree.
D'Nyc3 acts like such a tough cunt. Fucking dude looks like an anorexic Somali; only a matter of time before he gets blown the fuck up.

Why the fuck is he talking about ChrisG at all? How about you worry about your own shit son.

zlatko

Banned
I'm not 100% on putting names to faces all the time, but who the fuck is D'Nyce?

Oh boo hoo Chris G rage quit. We all have bad days. If he makes a habit out of it, then really blow him up.

That'd be like me trying to start shit with Chris G, when I'm a nobody, and D'Nyce is like a step up above that. Dude should first put up results in tournaments that mean a damn, before popping off on others.

I'm sure if I saw a pic of him I'd be like, "oh yeah him," but as far as I know he isn't on Chris' level when it comes to fighting games.

Dahbomb

LOL FG drama...

FChamp just PERFECTED some dude with the Steve card which disables block. That card is pure troll in case you want to trade decks with those specific cards.

LMAO THIS FUCKIN GAME I SWEAR TO GOD!

TRON MULTI MAN + SABRETOOTH + FFF = Godlike Tron. Super fast air dash into TODs. All Tron all day long.

Grecco

I'm not 100% on putting names to faces all the time, but who the fuck is D'Nyce?

Oh boo hoo Chris G rage quit. We all have bad days. If he makes a habit out of it, then really blow him up.

That'd be like me trying to start shit with Chris G, when I'm a nobody, and D'Nyce is like a step up above that. Dude should first put up results in tournaments that mean a damn, before popping off on others.

I'm sure if I saw a pic of him I'd be like, "oh yeah him," but as far as I know he isn't on Chris' level when it comes to fighting games.

DNyce is that dude with the Sega Swag tshirts thats all talking Swag swag swag on the mic bt hes not as funny as Jaha.

Having said that Chris G did have a bad look at SCR

zlatko

Banned
DNyce is that dude with the Sega Swag tshirts thats all talking Swag swag swag on the mic bt hes not as funny as Jaha.

Having said that Chris G did have a bad look at SCR

I agree there's no reason for Chris G to rage quit man. That's just shitting on your own rep. Fight it out, shake your hands, then salt it up all you want. He should know better with his long FGC experience.

Jaha is king of swag. People need to stop trying to swagger jack his baseness. :p

Rynge

Neo Member
Yeah, the basic Viscant reset sets it up perfectly. Any normal BnB, Gunshot OTG + assist, jab, jH/throw option select. Without glasses, you'll be doing around 500k + 575k, with it's 600k + 650k, depending on what assists you're using to reset etc

Jump loops used to do slightly less damage than the BnBs, now they do slightly more.

bah of course lol

GeoNeo

I disagree.

Agreed.

ChrisG had a bad day he did what he did.

Who the fuck is D'Nyce to say anything about him. Fool is a poor poor poor mans Jaha. (Lets go Jaha!)

I think Wesker should have a taunt that brings out cheerleaders that power him up, after every hit.

Actually that's ironic because I was thinking that passive assists would be a cool addition in Marvel vs Capcom 4. Replace all those boost assists with other specials and just add a new Delta category. Assists that come out and cheer to raise defense/meter gain/meter drain/super armor or whatever. In exchange, they are completely vulnerable.

Think of it as a combination of heroes and Heralds and the assist system. And you would be able to call one normal assist and one passive assist on screen(but with the standard delay in between) if you have one of each type.

Other system changes I'd make:

get rid of air tag minigame, air tags cost half a bar
BRING BACK REFLY, lower maximum flight height(MVC1 war machine son)
make aerial special limit character-specific
have characters automatically flip directions when they cross up
Delayed Team Hyper Cancels

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Trades HC gauges upon XF activation.

GODOT player starts off with 1 bar... wastes bar and X factor. All those people with their "imba" decks, FFF + Mandarin + meter on deck cards like Mephisto/Captain Blue get blown the fuck up because now they are sitting on 0 meter twiddling their thumbs while you have their 5 bars. If Mandarin tries to use his X factor, the GODOT card activates and the bars are traded.

Fucks up Phoenix players too. X factor right as you get the hit confirm so that they don't have 5 bars anymore and their precious Phoenix deck is fucked.
Interesting, hmm. Wonder if there are some non-specific-to-counter builds using GODOT though.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
http://www.youtube.com/nerdoyoshua

Please note the composition of NerdJoshs team.

Is this a shock to anyone?

Nerd-Josh dick rides whatever is the flavor of the month team. His only original team was the shit he was rocking like week 1 MVC3.

Not hating since he should pick whatever team he thinks will get him wins, however I don't think anyone would be shocked to see the Nerd-Josh loves to ride the bandwagon.

Dahbomb

Just give me custom assists for MVC4 plz.

Nerd-Josh dick rides whatever is the flavor of the month team. His only original team was the shit he was rocking like week 1 MVC3.
Day 1 Vanilla MVC3: Arthur/Storm/Sentinel
Week after Final Round which had Justin vs Combofiend = She Hulk/Taskmaster/Tron team
Right before EVO: She Hulk/Dante/Tron and Wolverine/Dante/Akuma
After EVO: Dante/Haggar/Phoenix
Start of UMVC3: Vergil/Dante/Wesker
Around NEC: Frank/Dante/Wesker
Now: Zero/Dante/Wesker

DAT BANDWAGON!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I saw what happened with ChrisG at NEC, but I guess I missed something big at SCR - crying? Definitely not a good look, but D'Nyce need to calm the hell down talking about keeping it 100 and what he'll do if he sees ChrisG in person - it's a damn videogame, relax yourself.

If the FGC wants to be taken seriously by everyone else, childish shit like this needs to be avoided.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just give me custom assists for MVC4 plz.
3 fixed assists is a really functional and keen way of controlling the chaos that is MvC. Makes far too much sense from a development and balancing standpoint. People bitch about Capcom can't balance shit and well, the reigns would be let loose if custom assists were the case.

Then again, I'm someone who favours the chaos over balance though, so I have no personal problem with it.

Grecco

Is this a shock to anyone?

Not hating since he should pick whatever team he thinks will get him wins, however I don't think anyone would be shocked to see the Nerd-Josh loves to ride the bandwagon.

Eh Nerd Josh didnt dick ride till the end of Vanilla. He was running SheHulk/Task/Tron when everybody was running Wolverine, and only at the end ran a Dante/Wolvie/Akuma team.

Im more interested in seing how the metagame develops for Ultimate, and how tiers will slowly settle/also potential strategies in response of the metagame.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Eh Nerd Josh didnt dick ride till the end of Vanilla. He was running SheHulk/Task/Tron when everybody was running Wolverine, and only at the end ran a Dante/Wolvie/Akuma team.

Im more interested in seing how the metagame develops for Ultimate, and how tiers will slowly settle/also potential strategies in response of the metagame.

How quick you forget. He dick ride Shehulk and Tron after seeing what Justin and Combo were using.

His original team had like Arthur on it.

Dahbomb

No way, tournament organization hell. Now, if you wanna say have tandem attacks(QCB + A1/2 for one bar, game pauses for a few seconds while you input whateverthefuck for your partner to automatically execute), I'm ALL IN.
That works too.

The way I was thinking was when you select your character's assist, you essentially input the command that you want as an assist and it will showcase right there the assist that you inputted and you confirm it. It shouldn't take long at all.

The current metagame revolves around Zero/Wesker because they are more likely to get picked, play and win. You need characters who can deal with those 2 specifically. Which means more Hawkeyes, Trishes, Dantes etc. Strider assist and anchor play is a factor. Doom is a staple. Dante will make appearances. Dorm is also a major threat due to good all around play and being able to handle Zero better than other characters. Should see a return of more Wolverine play but with different assists like we saw Vader rock with Doom and Dorm. Other characters will be used moderately all the way till Phoenix Wright who is complete garbage.

Unless you are Justin Wong of course... you will rock dat Iron Fist and win shit with.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Week after Final Round which had Justin vs Combofiend = She Hulk/Taskmaster/Tron team
Right before EVO: She Hulk/Dante/Tron and Wolverine/Dante/Akuma
After EVO: Dante/Haggar/Phoenix
Start of UMVC3: Vergil/Dante/Wesker
Around NEC: Frank/Dante/Wesker
Now: Zero/Dante/Wesker

DAT BANDWAGON!

ROFL. Good shit, Dahbomb. You got full timeline of the dick riding. ;)

Like I said not hating. Since, IMO he is right to pick whatever team he thinks will get him wins, but lets not beat around the bush; Nerd Josh Dick Rides Teams So Hard he sponsored by Durex.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ROFL. Good shit, Dahbomb. You got full timeline of the dick riding. ;)

Like I said not hating. Since, IMO he is right to pick whatever team he thinks will get him wins, but lets not beat around the bush; Nerd Josh Dick Rides Teams So Hard he sponsored by Durex.
Lmao. This is especially hilarious considering the early GAF is full of dickriders comment.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Blocking after an air dash is back in? I guess that makes Morrigan's up-forward dash marginally useful again.

Fun fact: Phoenix Wright + Multiple Man card allows the 2nd and 3rd Wright to retain the evidence that the previous one collected.

I'm running into a considerably lower amount of douchebags in H&H than other online modes. Maybe all of those guys picked Herald side and I'm just not seeing them.

Dahbomb

H&H makes Phoenix playable due to Parry and Fantastic Four card. Also FFF.

Hsien Ko is garbage in H&H. All her good tools are available as cards.

Kimosabae

Banned
The only thing I need from MvC4 is 4-6 player support. The fact that this doesn't exist in this game shows how limited in scope Japanese development teams can be when it comes to features. Marvel team tournaments would be some hype shit.

The only thing worse than crying over a video game is fighting over one.

Real talk, though, it's obviously not the game Chris G is crying about. It's his competitive performances. You don't compete for the love of the game, you compete for the love of competition in any avenue available to you. Chris G has high standards for himself, but he wears his disappointments on his sleeve. He may have sacrificed a lot to accomplish goals in this arena - who knows for sure. But he obviously needs to fortify his will against losing, so he can properly learn from it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The only thing I need from MvC4 is 4-6 player support. The fact that this doesn't exist in this game shows how limited in scope Japanese development teams can be when it comes to features. Marvel team tournaments would be some hype shit..
It's not like they haven't considered it, they just passed the suggestion box to Ono like company policy requires.

nm, found it

EDIT: Also, are people still playing the regular vs. online? Or has everyone jumped ship to H&H mode? Given our local scene which is relatively healthy - I'm more concerned with leveling up the main game and really don't have an interest in H&H mode other than training mode coolness and then moving the fuck on.

nm, found it

EDIT: Also, are people still playing the regular vs. online? Or has everyone jumped ship to H&H mode? Given our local scene which is relatively healthy - I'm more concerned with leveling up the main game and really don't have an interest in H&H mode other than training mode coolness and then moving the fuck on.
me. h&h is a bit too broken for my tastes, although i enjoy collecting cards and theorycrafting decks.

Dahbomb

The only thing I need from MvC4 is 4-6 player support. The fact that this doesn't exist in this game shows how limited in scope Japanese development teams can be when it comes to features. Marvel team tournaments would be some hype shit.
200% agreed. With custom/tandem assists available, it would automatically be balanced for team play/co-op play because the players who are in the assist slot will just do the input for the move they want to come out as an assist. Lots of potential here.

Also, are people still playing the regular vs. online? Or has everyone jumped ship to H&H mode? Given our local scene which is relatively healthy - I'm more concerned with leveling up the main game and really don't have an interest in H&H mode other than training mode coolness and then moving the fuck on.
Right now H&H is the new hotness. People are figuring out the most broken combination of characters + card possible. Once something is established as being god tier... the mode will lose a lot of its charm but will still remain a fun mode to play on and off.

I just raised my Wesker(glasses off) meterless solo BNB to 660k+ ^_^

200% agreed. With custom/tandem assists available, it would automatically be balanced for team play/co-op play because the players who are in the assist slot will just do the input for the move they want to come out as an assist. Lots of potential here.

Nah, in multiplay, tandems should just straight up summon player two for x seconds. Wombo, son.

Dahbomb

Nah, in multiplay, tandems should just straight up summon player two for x seconds. Wombo, son.
Yeah that's what I meant.

Back to H&H... Devilot on secondary is way more powerful than I thought it would be.

Degen

Grandmaster (yellow star thing) + FFF + Mephisto

ok, time to finally go online... kinda scared right now...

HERALDS DEPLOY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom