• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Came here to reemphasize how stupid this is. Talk about a high risk, no reward character.

Also, did Capcom to put in the AI for the offline heroes and herald mode? Seriously, they don't even try to fight back.

Yeah, what's his reward? He becomes viable for 10 seconds? He gets access to a hugely damaging level 3, which is great except there's another, actually viable character can do the same for less effort?

Also, yeah the AI is pretty lame if you play a distance game.

I love how Phoenix Wright players are so bad at this game that they haven't even noticed that he has the best low-hitting assist in the game even when he's not buffed. Keep looking at the ground for evidence instead of the game! Terrible investigators. But that's probably why he was such a popular pick from the casual community though. They thought that maybe they could just solve puzzles to win matches instead of having to become good at a fighting game.

Just beat Heroes campaign, now done both. 82.69% of the cards.

Edward Fokker(*)/Fing Fang Foom/Mephisto is best combo IMO.

What does "The length of instant attacks will be increased" mean anyways? (Mephisto)
Someone on GFAQs found a direct counter to this deck that completely shuts it down. Just start a character with a quick hyper on point, and use Godot's card as your main, which switches hyper meter between teams when you activate X-Factor. Start with your random hyper, X-Factor, and voila - your opponent has 0 meter, and you have all of his. Your opponent's deck is now entirely worthless until he can build 3 bars of meter from scratch, and he has no access to hypers.

From my testing, it increases the length that Trish's traps stay on screen. Not sure what other moves it affects, though.
Any trap. So, Flame Carpet, Chris's mines, etc.

Lady's card as Primary is pretty much Rocket Raccoon's ultimate card - longer traps and more projectile durability are exactly what he needs.

You should use Daredevil so you can have two pillars at a time.
That costs meter every time I do it, and I would rather have 600K Chaotic Flames and 500K Stalking Flares. The 30K chip damage I get from canceling between Purifications just doesn't seem worth it. That card is best used with a character like Dante, so he can solo mix-up everything he does.

OH, Most Nova players are trying to play a high low game when his true strength comes from his left right game off of his trijump. Has several trijump options that hit left to right. Nova is better with assists than Magneto but Magneto is a better solo character(not including anchor potential).

They serve different roles. Nova goes on teams that like more team synergy or better known as three point chars with good assists. Magneto goes on a more traditional MvC2 team. One good assist with two good point chars.

I love how Phoenix Wright players are so bad at this game that they haven't even noticed that he has the best low-hitting assist in the game even when he's not buffed. Keep looking at the ground for evidence instead of the game! Terrible investigators. But that's probably why he was such a popular pick from the casual community though. They thought that maybe they could just solve puzzles to win matches instead of having to become good at a fighting game.

Oh, I'm definitely moving on to Missile assist and try to see what I can do with it. No way I'm dropping Wright. I kept Hsien-ko for most of MvC3, I can definitely tolerate having at least a secondary team with him in it.

Still, yesterday definitely did make me salty and took away any desire I had to play for a while (haven't even downloaded H&H yet). I'll just play KoF meanwhile and return to Marvel in couple of days.

I have a better connection and it's wired, why is it still so gross? :-(

I can kinda do combos now if I delay my inputs, but it feels slooooooooow...

Another one of my friends is coming over to play, so at least I'll get offline practice, but... I WANNA PLAY H&H

smurfx

get some go again
One that caught my eye

"There was one frame where you could not block after activating X-Factor, but that has been fixed so you can block immediately now."

I've had a few matches offline where that happened, I'm no masher so I thought I was just going crazy.
i wonder if that was the reason my haggar x factor and then level 3 hyper activation was fucked up and harder to pull off. yesterday i pulled it off with no problem and that was after the patch. hmmmm

Degen

Lol, tried to completely ruin the game by putting Licker primary (automatic XF) with Fin Fang Foom secondary (3 levels required for XF but it's permanent).

Doesn't work. Capcom wins this round but I won't give up

Dahbomb

There was one frame where you could not block after activating X-Factor, but that has been fixed so you can block immediately now.
Yup my theory ended up being right. Being hit by a physical attack 1 frame after a XFC made that attack unblockable.

Now can we have 1 frame snap back attacks again?

Oh and the Vergil change is to prevent a glitch where he kept floating during Blistering Swords formation. That has been removed.

LOL @ FChamp bodying scrubs free with this multiple X Factor, Dark Phoenix guaranteed team. He would totally get fucked by a meter sucking/meter trading team although no one really uses it and thus gets bodied by Mandarin/FFF shenanigans. Captain Blue should be replaced by Mephisto... that card just sucks.

Fou-Lo, Thanos, Fantastic Four (secondary) are probably my 3 picks for best cards in the game. Parry is just completely broken. Nick Fury and Blodia are also insane cards. If your opponent doesn't have the right cards, they will definitely get blown by any combination of FFF/Mandarin deck.

That Capcom Unity patch list is for sure incomplete. Like literally copy/pasted from a forum. GG CU GG.

Fin Fang Foom - Primary: You can activate X-Factor an unlimited number of times at the cost of HC Gauge, however you will no longer be able to use Hyper Combos.
Juggernaut - Secondary: Assist attacks gain super armor. [Lv. 2] (uses HC Gauge upon hit)
Fantastic Four - Secondary: Gain the ability to call assists even when you are taking damage at the cost of HC Gauge.
Stay free to GODOT.

lol there's really an infinite x-factor card. smh
That card is overrated and overused as hell. It doesn't give you access to hypers at all and you need 3 meters on deck to use X factor. It easily gets counter picked by GODOT or cards that suck meter. Fou-Lo is the ultimate X factor card, it gives you multiple X factor activations without any downside. Can't be counter picked by Mandarin either.

God damn, I just 'completed' offline H&H by 100%ing every area for both Heroes and Heralds and I only have about 80% of the cards.

I just want a Multiple Man card! Is it completely random (aside from Prof X and the other cards that supposedly help you get rare ones), or is there anything you can do to try and get certain cards?
Are some only available while playing as heroes and vice versa?
Does performance affect which type of card you get!?

Ok, I've been having issues with my Magneto and Wesker BNBs when I tag certain characters at different ranges, so I'm going back to the Alioune loop and my original Wesker BNB, which do more and less damage respectively. I'm hoping I'll be more consistent with them. It works out for the best because my old Wesker BNB doesn't use the wallbounce and it'll be open for Spencer. I do have optimized air tag combos for all directions with each of my 4 characters, which I'm hoping helps. The reason I didn't use Spencer as much as Strider before is that I don't really like learning characters that have weird position-centric combos.

Also, I've found some situations where air S doesn't knock down after a launcher, I need to test more and figure out what's going on.

Oh yeah, my online title is now "Student of Science".

Maybe. But the reality is he seems to be able to look at the metagame much better than most players.

Sure, and he can execute mixups better than anyone. Problem is he does better with characters with a lower technical barrier so he can think about things other than his hands. I'd be really surprised if he stuck with it, unless he winds up playing lamer than most Zero players.

I don't know if it's because online is dropping my blocks, but it seemed like multiple hit normals with chip added(Ghost Rider jump S) were breaking through my super armor while I was blocking.

bs000

Parrying is kinda really fucking stupid. I ended a combo with million dollars and the guy red parries out of the middle of the damn thing and I get punished. Come on! Surely this isn't how they intended parries to work.

Dahbomb

Magneto with Nightcrawler dashes is hilarious.

Parrying is kinda really fucking stupid. I ended a combo with million dollars and the guy red parries out of the middle of the damn thing and I get punished. Come on! Surely this isn't how they intended parries to work.
Parries are broken right now. I can't believe they are able to be used during hit stun. Right now any card with Parry on it is automatically SSS tier. Cards like Servbot and Fantastic Four are 2nd especially FF because it's an essential combo breaker. Haven't gotten Servbot to try out but it gives you autoblock... yea auto block in a Marvel game. LOL!

Even if Parries weren't usable in hit stun, they still lead into crazy stuff. You can avoid chip damage complete and punish full screen hypers easily, blow up unpunishable block strings and advance through beams completely negating zoning. Someone with Parry should be unbeatable with the right execution.

Meter Drain Card helped one team to beat that team iirc
Pretty much what I have been saying. Cards like those impressed me before actually getting the game (Mandarin, FFF etc.). Then I got the game and I figured out that there are combinations where after one touch I can impose INVISIBLE MIX UPS into touch of deaths (it's like Firebrand only you can't see it) while gaining/draining meter in the process. And this isn't even 1/100th as broken as Parry is. H&H is basically this... your deck is so good that you should literally end the match off of one hit and make it near impossible for them to do anything about it or have a deck with cards that makes your characters unkillable and convert their buttons into their own downfall (Parry, super armor, assists during hit stun, auto block, Nick Fury etc.).

Viscant now has a Zero/Wesker/Doom team btw.
DAT tier whoring. He will get owned using that team because he sucks with 2/3 characters.

USD

Final Round Japan with another interview, this time with GX:

BONUS ROUND 03 - GX

0igRQ.jpg3

Dahbomb

What does the GODOT card do?
Trades HC gauges upon XF activation.

GODOT player starts off with 1 bar... wastes bar and X factor. All those people with their "imba" decks, FFF + Mandarin + meter on deck cards like Mephisto/Captain Blue get blown the fuck up because now they are sitting on 0 meter twiddling their thumbs while you have their 5 bars. If Mandarin tries to use his X factor, the GODOT card activates and the bars are traded.

Fucks up Phoenix players too. X factor right as you get the hit confirm so that they don't have 5 bars anymore and their precious Phoenix deck is fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom