• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
I'm thinking about using a team with Chris. Who works well with him? Keep in mind I don't know where I want to put him on a team yet, I just wanna use him.

I used to use Chris in Vanilla. I went Zero, Chris, Deadpool. :p It was okay.

Of the Chris people I've played online they tend to make him either on point or 2nd, because it seems he has a bit of a hard time doing his thing solo. Assists really push him into annoying levels.

I'd say Chris on point, Doom 2nd, and Hawkeye for anchor. Gun fire assist, doom missles, and triple burst.

Should be good stuff. Or, just do Chris, Hawkeye, Wesker...cuz Wesker.

I'm going to have an aneurysm if one more person says anchor Wesker is a good idea.

Also, I've been trying to figure out Wesker's biggest weaknesses, and it's reversal assists. Well, isn't that a coincidence.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thanks for the tips, folks! Gonna hit the lab and see what's what.

I'm going to have an aneurysm if one more person says anchor Wesker is a good idea.
But it is a good idea. It clearly works and tournament results -from reality- prove so. Point Wesker is better, but the reason why Wesker is the best character in the game ATM is cause you can throw him on any team anywhere and he just WORKS.

THE SECRET JUST HASN'T BEEN UNLOCKED

BEST ASSIST
We all remember your Liberation assist combos. Should've been included in the Blow Up post for posterity.

I used to use Chris in Vanilla. I went Zero, Chris, Deadpool. :p It was okay.

Of the Chris people I've played online they tend to make him either on point or 2nd, because it seems he has a bit of a hard time doing his thing solo. Assists really push him into annoying levels.

I'd say Chris on point, Doom 2nd, and Hawkeye for anchor. Gun fire assist, doom missles, and triple burst.

Should be good stuff. Or, just do Chris, Hawkeye, Wesker...cuz Wesker.

I have been thinking of using Wesker more. Plus I'm trying to get my Hawkeye to do more than shoot arrows until I'm comfy rushing down. I'll try Chris/Hawkeye/Wesker.

and tournament results -from reality- prove so.
God DAMN. :lol

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Man, I can't do Magneto's Low ROM to save my life. -_- At the very least, I can do like a rep or two of the heavy version, but the j.L, j.M variant seems so damned foreign to my hands.

RS4-

Lol H&H; this Wright/Hulk/Wesker player tried so hard to lame me out with super armor assist + instant and super fast healing.

He ate nothing but flaming balls

Solune

I'm thinking about using a team with Chris. Who works well with him? Keep in mind I don't know where I want to put him on a team yet, I just wanna use him.

Because Chris kind of has a hard time DHCing into, I don't really like him 2nd. He's very self-efficient so Chris works better on point, especially with all the buffs in Ultimate. The changes means he can do everything AND combo into his supers without having to rely on combo extensions like in Vanilla.

Characters that work well with Chris are THC friendly . Ie Storm, Dorm, Wesker. Definitely benefits from a lockdown assist since it's easy to get an opponent into a corner after a knockdown with Chris I.E Strange, Ammy, Sentinel.

My current Chris team is Chris/Ghost Rider/Hawkeye.

Ugh, my kingdom for a second Cyclops card.
Because Chris kind of has a hard time DHCing into, I don't really like him 2nd. He's very self-efficient so Chris works better on point, especially with all the buffs in Ultimate. The changes means he can do everything AND combo into his supers without having to rely on combo extensions like in Vanilla.

Characters that work well with Chris are THC friendly . Ie Storm, Dorm, Wesker. Definitely benefits from a lockdown assist since it's easy to get an opponent into a corner after a knockdown with Chris I.E Strange, Ammy, Sentinel.

My current Chris team is Chris/Ghost Rider/Hawkeye.
I've been tinkering with Chris/Wesker, and I really like Frank still. I'm gonna test out Chris/Frank/Wesker a bit later after some H&H.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
And yet every one of the anchor Weskers in top 8 was previously shown to be a great player first.
Point being? He works, and great players agree. Even though they're not playing Wesker "properly" per ce. Great players agree, it's a good idea. And for such a simple character to play, it certainly trickles down easier to lower skill levels too compared to other agreed upon top tier characters thus far in UMvC3.

Dahbomb

Anchor Wesker works. If you don't agree it means that you have never played against a good anchor Wesker and haven't had your entire team wrecked by it.

I don't think Iron Man needs an overhaul, he just needs a new move that makes him more interesting to play.
What Iron Man needs to be good again:

*Old air dash speed back
*Can act out of ground dash immediately
*D/F+H is a new move that is a slide which allows Iron Man to confirm off of his cr.M into a launcher
*J. d+M is a KNEE DIVE that causes a hard knockdown similar to Frank West's (Iron Man always had a knee dive). Can follow up with Smart Bombs.
*L/M/H Smart Bombs in the air have different trajectories
*Iron Avenger needs a better vertical hit box
*Proton Cannon just needs to be aimable without needed a DP input.
*DP + 2 Att is a new hyper that is safe on usage. I will even take Warmachine's vertical rocket barrage if it means it's safe on DHC.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

*Old air dash speed back
*D/F+H is a new move that is a slide which allows Iron Man to confirm off of his cr.M into a launcher
*J. d+M is a KNEE DIVE that causes a hard knockdown similar to Frank West's (Iron Man always had a knee dive). Can follow up with Smart Bombs.
*DP + 2 Att is a new hyper that is safe on usage. I will even take Warmachine's vertical rocket barrage if it means it's safe on DHC.
Good points, but I wouldn't say Iron Avenger *NEEDS* a better vertical hit box, it's a pretty godlike level 3 as is and I've never thought I lucked out because I couldn't AA someone or catch them out of repulsar blast.

I would say a new hyper and a new slide move are the two biggest things he needs to add to his arsenal of moves.

Anchor Wesker works. If you don't agree it means that you have never played against a good anchor Wesker and haven't had your entire team wrecked by it.

*Old air dash speed back

I'd say he needs a real exchange attack, not the shit he has currently.

on a another note: Anti-Venom/Cyclops/memphisto wreck computers for free with vergil's chain attack. Beat 95% of H&H offline with it.

Dahbomb

Iron Avenger has a fairly narrow hit box. He sometimes goes under OTG Smart Bombs or after Repulsor Blast/Spread.

Each time someone misses an Iron Avenger... the world is less swag because of it.

The rest of the stuff he pretty much *needs* though for sure.

I'd say he needs a real exchange attack
LOL exchange combos.

I don't mind using Chris and I'm still getting the hang of him, but my GOD does he have the worst win quotes. He's such a fucking boy scout, it's sickening.

get rid of all his airdashes, bring back double jump and make his flight movement as fast as warmachine's in MVC1, give him the knee dive and let him Iron Avenger in the air.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Give him a mechanic so he takes off his helmet whenever he does a Proton Cannon. With a helmetless Iron Man you'd gain a 120% damage and speed boost.

He'd still suck.

Dahbomb

Oh yes Iron Avenger in the air for dat swag.

He doesn't need double jump and faster flight speed but it would be nice to have it.
Give him a mechanic so he takes off his helmet whenever he does a Proton Cannon. With a helmetless Iron Man you'd gain a 120% damage and speed boost.
We don't need bull shit gimmick on Tony.

Oh yes Iron Avenger in the air for dat swag.

He doesn't need double jump and faster flight speed but it would be nice to have it.

Oh I was just thinking about how to make him a good character in his own style. Especially refly. God I need refly in this game. You know what, I think flight should have a maximum amount of active frames per jump, but can be activated and deactivated as many times as you can in that period.

This game spends WAY too much time on the ground to be marvelous.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
We don't need bull shit gimmick on Tony.

He needs something, ANYTHING. Someone help this poor billionaire out.

The whole character loyalty has been going around recently and it got me thinking how Iron Man is one of the very few characters I like in this game. Problem is I hate playing him.

Solune

I don't mind using Chris and I'm still getting the hang of him, but my GOD does he have the worst win quotes. He's such a fucking boy scout, it's sickening.
But in game is the best. SUCK ON THIS. EAT IT. TAKE IT. BRING THE PAIN
get rid of all his airdashes, bring back double jump and make his flight movement as fast as warmachine's in MVC1, give him the knee dive and let him Iron Avenger in the air.

Keep the airdashes, give him what's been posted on this page. That much closer to MvC2 glory days.

I don't even know why the boost is a big deal. Wesker can do 1.1 million meterless with one reset glasses on no problem. I await the day the glasses get nerfed so people can quit bitching, because it won't change a damn thing about how good Wesker is. He'd actually be worse than Vanilla if Tron and Haggar were still around. There's really not many things he needs to be careful of right now.

Dahbomb

Oh I was just thinking about how to make him a good character in his own style. Especially refly. God I need refly in this game. You know what, I think flight should have a maximum amount of active frames per jump, but can be activated and deactivated as many times as you can in that period.

This game spends WAY too much time on the ground to be marvelous.
The reason why this game isn't MVC2 in terms of balance is because it is centered towards the ground more so that characters like Iron Fist, She Hulk, Wolverine actually have a chance in a fight.

I don't mind a refly option if it's like you described. It would actually make IM sort of unique.

Chris is awesome always has been and more so in this game. I have just started incorporating his Prone position as a clutch defensive maneuver to avoid mix ups. It's still not there yet but it's something I want to perfect. Chris is on my IM/Sentinel team now. It's not a top tier cheap ass team but it works and I have fun with it.

I am thinking of adopting Flocker's team. It's really the best possible Vergil team out there right now. I am already good enough with Hawkeye and I know how to play with Zero too. Just need to polish up and get some match practice with the team.

Dahbomb

Wait, you mean it's not Marn's?
Marn's team is actually pretty good if he did this:

Zero/Vergil/Magneto
Captain America/Vergil/Magneto

Magneto's Disruptor works exceptionally well with Vergil's teleport mix ups and leads to great damage. Magneto can also play anchor extremely well. Too bad Marn is stuck in his vanilla mindset of Magneto/Zero/assist with Magneto to Zero DHC glitch set up. There is no reason to have Magneto point now... Zero should always be point and Vergil should be 2nd place almost always. Magneto's assist is now considered like one of the top assist due to the previous top assists getting nerfed plus he is great at anchor... it's win/win.

I have also discovered some more technology with Vergil:

Vergil's Round Trip follows him off screen even if you tag out. During his combos, you can charge up Round Trip, throw it out and tag out. It will continue the combo into the next character like let's say Zero after the tag. You can basically get stupid amounts of damage with this set up.

Simple RT raw tag set up: Air throw or BnB starter (start holding L) MH f+H Trick M, HSH, Round Trip release, raw tag.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Lol @ Chris raps.

Smooth Viper finally kicked RayRay off the sticks. Sent him off with a perfect as well. The play has been gdlk damn near the entire stream.

Solune

Capcom tried to nerf Wesker for Ultimate, but he just wouldn't have it. They decided the only way to stop his reign of terror would be to buff Chris in the patch. Megaman edition will put a stop to Wesker's madness once they announce Sheva as a character.

You guys haven't seen real synergy yet!

It's funny when you have Chris with Nightcrawler and an airdash card in H&H mode. He becomes pseudo-Wesker.

It just makes me sad that Sentinel and MODOK have the only good flight modes in the game, and neither are as awesome as the previous Marvel games. Fuck activation frames.

Give Iron Fist a flight mode, I don't give a crap about ground characters >:-(

Cept Wesker, cause he's the closest thing to Jedah in this game.

Dahbomb

Flamethrower into Boulder Punch knockdown into LVL3 is SWAG as fuck.

It just makes me sad that Sentinel and MODOK have the only good flight modes in the game, and neither are as awesome as the previous Marvel games. Fuck activation frames.

Give Iron Fist a flight mode, I don't give a crap about ground characters >:-(

Cept Wesker, cause he's the closest thing to Jedah in this game.
61ab0e21-1b2c-48e4-9465-2a341c3705ab.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom