• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have the hard-on for Shinkiro that some people have around here, but I've gotta agree that the standard umvc3 cover looks good and the reverse cover looks goofy.

Jintor said:
I know, i know, personal preference and all... but orz, you're terrible

nah, just a very unconventional neogaf poster.

Im defo out of step with the popular view about things around here.

In my short time here my opinions have clashed with Sonic-Gaf, Pony-gaf, Trans-Gaf, Dubstep haters, Phoenix Wright lovers and Ninja theory apologists...

I have a good mind to 'shop in "Its only my fucking opinion" on my avatar.

Damn.....

Dahbomb

Clashing with NT apologists doesn't make you unconventional.

Has it been confirmed that the She Hulk switch reset glitch is taken out? Because I am watching a stream of UMVC3 She Hulk and she did command grab into switch to Vergil... the combo didn't seemed scaled.

Yeah just saw that shit again... it's not fixed.

She Hulk still fucking good.

HK-47 said:
lol picking fights with Trans GAF? Not a good idea.

didn't pick a fight...just have a difference of opinion.

Id like to think everything I say is logical and reasonable, it just tends to be the opposite of the popular opinion on this forum.

Its not like I got out my way to troll anyone, Id like to think that's why I haven't been banned.

whatever..thats how I am..i speak my damn mind...people have to just deal with it.

A Human Becoming said:
Agreed. Have you ever gotten banned from it ThoughtsOfSpeaking? GAF mods aren't very tolerant of aggression towards transsexuals.

im never aggressive in my posts. but If i dont agree with something I will speak up. Long as im being respectful, I dont see the problem.

Masamuna

Dahbomb said:
Iron Fist really has the worst air options in the entire game (it's basically 0 outside of j.H into air throw which everyone can do). Like no other character has it this bad not even Haggar. He needs a dive kick so bad it hurts.

Yeah, even though i'm pretty sure he'll be able to bank off of A2A (normal jump height ala shulk and wesker) or airthrows it does hurt. The optimist in me feels like he'll be able handle most things sans SJ height but assists can alleviate that to a degree. Only time will tell.

Already blew up a post with pretty colorful costumes but i've compiled a couple of teams to keep me busy for the first few months:

Task (a)/IronFist (y)/Doom (b)
IronFist (y)/Strider (vajra)/Vergil (b)
Zero (a)/Doom (a)/Ryu (y)
Cap (a)/Vergil (a or b)/Skrull (b)
Spiderman (b)/ Hawkeye (y)/Doom (a)
Nova (y)/Dante (a)/Strange (a) -flip for another team idea
Skrull (b)/Chun (b)/Task (a)
Hawkeye (a)/ Dante (a)/ Vergil (a or b)

Thought of these mostly considering assists and possible anchors. Will factor in stuff like DHC and character viability once I get hands on the game.

Grecco

Its a small thing but im glad Capcom not only improved the cover art but made it reversible too. The art in the vanilla edition was s obad

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Grecco said:
Its a small thing but im glad Capcom not only improved the cover art but made it reversible too. The art in the vanilla edition was s obad
And yet they still somehow managed to fuck it up by making it look ghastly and putting logos and shit all over it even still.

That cover art proves how much Capcom shits on Hsien-Ko, too, lol.
They put her on the cover, but the huge ESRB logo on top of her face.

Dahbomb

Becquerel said:
That cover art proves how much Capcom shits on Hsien-Ko, too, lol.
They put her on the cover, but the huge ESRB logo on top of her face.
MIND IS BLOWN!!! Totally didn't even know she was on the cover!!!

*Checks again*

*Shits BRICKS!*

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
enzo_gt said:
Lyte Edge, did you get a pre-order bonus alt costume pack code with your game?

Nope, didn't see anything about that on the Capcom website either. It's fine since the only pack I'd get is the one you get from Gamestop...I'll just get it whenever it's on PSN/XBL.

SolarPowered said:
The 360's reign of awesome still continues.

!

Isn't that a given, if for no other reason than better online?

Parallax Scroll said:
I don't have the hard-on for Shinkiro that some people have around here, but I've gotta agree that the standard umvc3 cover looks good and the reverse cover looks goofy.

ANYTHING is better than the vanilla MvC3 U.S. cover, lol.

Dartastic said:
Holy crap Capcom store. =(

Am I the only here that ordered it from them? o_O

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Lyte Edge said:
Don't know if this was already posted...the cover is reversible. I prefer the Shinkiro cover by a mile.[/IMG]

I prefer almost all reversible covers as they don't have all the clutter on them. Every game should have reversible covers.

@Dahbomb & GuardianE:
Haha yea, poor Hsien-Ko, and poor SolarPowered.

Lyte Edge said:

I think after the last disaster with MvC3, people are wary of the Capcom store, haha.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Lyte Edge said:

Probably, heh. The fact that they don't have a pre-order bonus and the fact that they screwed up last time really hurt sales for their store.

A Human Becoming said:
Time to cancel my Amazon pre-order and order from the Capcom store? I really don't care about the costumes.

If you order overnight, maybe you'll get it on friday?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, my teams:

DAY 1 TEAM

1Q6ih.jpg

hXl9L.jpg

tZDAh.jpg

PRETTY TEAM

fqS3n.jpg

uOJoS.jpg

uruUL.jpg

TROLL TEAM

34DZB.jpg

Xy63h.jpg

NvNHt.jpg

A Human Becoming said:
Agreed. Have you ever gotten banned from it ThoughtsOfSpeaking? GAF mods aren't very tolerant of aggression towards transsexuals.
If he did, he wouldn't be here talking to us since Juniors get perms.

I find it hilarious how the guy on the stream is continuously playing vergil as if he is Dante 2. 0 and being blown up for it every single time.....

edit: That last set was the best his done..I think he is starting to get it.

I didn't even know there was such a thing as Transsexual GAF. I barely leave the safety of MahvelGAF! XD

Edit:
Just heard that Strange when tagging into DHC says "Defenders FOREVAH!" XD

Dahbomb

ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
I find it hilarious how the guy on the stream is continuously playing vergil as if he is Dante 2. 0 and being blown up for it every single time.....

edit: That last set was the best his done..I think he is starting to get it.
He isn't even using Stinger or you know.. Devil Trigger or actual Vergil combos and set ups.

Day 1 of day 1 Vergil play and still dominating the older characters because of that priority.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dahbomb missed my post cause of giant pretty pictures LOL

I'm shocked I've never really gotten in trouble before honestly. Not that I want to be banned lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Professor Beef said:
If you get banned as a Junior, it's automatically a perm. It's been site policy for as long as I can remember.
A good policy too. I've seen it bring justice far too many times.

We were all juniors at one time or another. Let us move past this subject.
Becquerel said:
@Dahbomb & GuardianE:
Haha yea, poor Hsien-Ko, and poor SolarPowered.
Does a falling tree in a forest make a sound if no one is there to hear it?

Dahbomb

QisTopTier said:
Dahbomb you know about Shuma's TAC glitch right? Shits pretty retarded, I hope it's still in.
Yes I know and I don't know if it's removed or not.

In this game the TAC glitch for Shuma would be pretty powerful especially vs Phoenix.

It would've still been in but Zero has it too and I don't think Capcom can let that shit fly.

Then again switch glitch is still in the game which means She Hulk and Jill are like... absurdly strong in this game still.

SolarPowered said:
Does a falling tree in a forest make a sound if no one is there to hear it?

Yes, it does.
But a falling Hsien-Ko in SolarPowered makes no sound if there's no Capcom employee to hear it, sadly.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dahbomb said:
Yes I know and I don't know if it's removed or not.

In this game the TAC glitch for Shuma would be pretty powerful especially vs Phoenix.

It would've still been in but Zero has it too and I don't think Capcom can let that shit fly.

Then again switch glitch is still in the game which means She Hulk and Jill are like... absurdly strong in this game still.
Guess we'll have to wait to find out haha if it is though .... :D Free meter and being able to take away meter with out the other team being able to do shit is hilarious.

kingslunk

Is there anyway to find out if a store got the game already? If the Hastings near me got it in I wonder if I could convince the old lady that works there to go in the back and hook me up with a copy.

kingslunk said:
Is there anyway to find out if a store got the game already? If the Hastings near me got it in I wonder if I could convince the old lady that works there to go in the back and hook me up with a copy.
Play it dumb, say you heard they have the game and you were looking to purchase.

kingslunk

striKeVillain! said:
Play it dumb, say you heard they have the game and you were looking to purchase.

Good idea I'll try and drag my friend with me lol. I tried this with 7/11 before sf4 came out didn't work.

McNum

I like the junior policy, too. Keeps 'em honest. That said, I don't see the reason to be mean to juniors just for being juniors, I just support the schadenfreude when an obvious troll gets booted quick.

Speaking of schadenfreude, I'm getting a bad idea for a teamup that I'll have to try.
Phoenix Wright/Thor/Felicia

Partially because I want to see if I can get Thor and Felicia to work together (Felicia on OTG assist, Thor on beam), and partially because I like Phoenix Wright. I think the idea is not without merit, either. Phoenix for his zoning, Turnabout, and assists. Thor for massive HP and allround improvements, and Felicia for clutch in X-Factor. If she's as fast as she is in MvC3, of course. But the other two aren't bad in X-Factor 3, either. Especially Wright.

Of course, all of those might break down the moment I get the game next Friday.

kingslunk

McNum said:
I like the junior policy, too. Keeps 'em honest. That said, I don't see the reason to be mean to juniors just for being juniors, I just support the schadenfreude when an obvious troll gets booted quick.

Speaking of schadenfreude, I'm getting a bad idea for a teamup that I'll have to try.
Phoenix Wright/Thor/Felicia

Partially because I want to see if I can get Thor and Felicia to work together (Felicia on OTG assist, Thor on beam), and partially because I like Phoenix Wright. I think the idea is not without merit, either. Phoenix for his zoning, Turnabout, and assists. Thor for massive HP and allround improvements, and Felicia for clutch in X-Factor. If she's as fast as she is in MvC3, of course. But the other two aren't bad in X-Factor 3, either. Especially Wright.

Of course, all of those might break down the moment I get the game next Friday.

Problem with junior policy is if someone lurks for years like myself they're screwed because they simply did not post enough.

I think I'm going to run one of two teams:

Skrull/Strange/Wesker
or
Nova/Strange/Skrull

All I know is that I want Skrull to be a staple on my team. I love him in Vanilla.

zlatko

Banned
All the new Frank info has just made me into a believer, so much so that I'm having day one team dilemmas.

Zero, Iron Fist, Frank?
Frank, Iron Fist, Hawk Eye?
Zero, Iron Fist, Hawk Eye?

The only character I know no matter what I will be using is Iron Fist at this point. He's what I might build my team around. It'll come down to Hawk Eye vs Frank I think. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom