• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Yeah, Nova's OTG windows are appropriately narrow, but the distance he covers to perform them just looks outright silly.

Neki

nova is awesome, he don't care about distance. his slide actually doesn't work if it's not a full screen away, you'd need to use f.H for those distances, though I'm not sure a distance exists where f.H is too short, but slide is too long. though maybe slide doesn't work at certain distances because I'm using s.M, who knows.

Yeah, Nova's OTG windows are appropriately narrow, but the distance he covers to perform them just looks outright silly.
The only things that look silly in this game are retarded hurtboxes like Dante's that result in knockdown from behind j.S and Phoenix Wright in general. Those literally doesn't make sense in my eyes or my mind. Also, Frank to a certain extent considering his normal background.

Everything else is about right considering we have monsters, superheroes, magical fighting hobos, supervillains, mercenaries, demons, ghosts, robots and gods fighting it out for no apparent reason.

Dahbomb

The ones inside are the hurtbox...
That's exactly what I am saying. -_-

In my previous post I actually had hit box and hurt box reversed. I was trying to say that Doom is actually vulnerable during the foot dive all the way to his legs so it's not as bad as people were thinking it is.

Just looked at the Vergil j.d+H hit box... looks about par for what I expected. I am actually surprised there isn't extending above the sword from above him like it is for Dante.

The real problem is how the the hurt box extend way outside a character's model. That combined with some of the outlying hit boxes is why sometimes it feels like a move has more priority than it should.

Also Vergil's st.H needs to be shown along with some of Hulk's moves. Those moves strike me as moves that are WTF holy shit. Vergil's in particular seems to extend beyond the reach of his sword arc.

I am pretty sure Zero's j.H hit box is just a giant red circle around Zero with like a pin point green bubble right in the middle of it.

I'm going to be really sad if people start playing a cool character like Dr.Strange as if he was a gimped Wesker. Just play WESKER >_<
Wesker can't set up his own left/right projectile mix ups. And Wesker doesn't have exclusive rights to reset technology either.

Crocodile

Hopefully nobody is confused. In no way did I mean to imply Nova's airthrow game is anything like Doom's foot dive attack in terms of "herp n' derp"ness. It's just another thing in the game that, for me, makes me go "Que?" whenever I see it. As 645 said, it looks ridiculous.

Frantic

Managed to crack 610k meterless with Dante using Rapid Slash and Vajra assists. I think that's about as high as Dante will go in damage with assists. It's not particularly hard - one part that would get you an extra 30k of damage can be whiffed and you'll still be able to continue the combo. It's basically connecting a Hammer right after Vajra assist hits, so the timing and spacing is somewhat strict, but it doesn't matter if you miss or not. You could use j.S, the only difference is 15k less damage. The rest of the damage comes from the full ten upshots > Stinger after a Beehive, and the link after those is pretty tight. You can just go Cold Shower > Stinger after the Beehive for an easier time while sacrificing about 10k.

Really, I just wanted to see if it was possible to crack 600k with Dante with a practical combo. I gotta wonder what sort of damage this would be doing in vanilla, lol.

rCIZZLE

Alright, I've finally decided to throw myself into Mahvel after my failed attempt at launch vanilla. Problem is I'm having trouble deciding on a team which brings me to the point of this post; what team would you suggest from these characters that I'm interested in? Must include Frank West since I must see shopping carts and plungers.

Ghost Rider
Hawkeye
Strider
Captain America
Doom
Hulk
Iron Man
Magneto
Super-Skrull
X-23
Chris
Chun-Li
C Viper
Felicia
Haggar
Hsien-Ko
Morrigan
Spencer
Jill

I (attempt to) play AE, have decent execution, and a TE stick so take that into consideration if it matters. This is a pretty sizable chunk of the cast so hopefully there's a few good teams hidden in there.

Thanks!

Dahbomb

Skrull + Frank West is super legit, easy LVL4-LVL5 combos. Haggar + Frank + beam/projectile assist should be legit as well.

That list is too large to come up with a team around. Narrow it down to fewer characters.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That's exactly what I am saying. -_-

In my previous post I actually had hit box and hurt box reversed. I was trying to say that Doom is actually vulnerable during the foot dive all the way to his legs so it's not as bad as people were thinking it is.

What? No you weren't, you were saying that the picture was shopped.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The hitbox for Dante's j.S doesn't actually extend behind him. Try it out in training mode. Dante puts the sword sort of under him, so the hitbox hits beneath his head (at his hilt), but it doesn't actually hit all the way behind him. If you're getting hit while standing behind him, then some part of your character is sticking out to the other side and that's why you're getting hit.

EDIT: Actually, at the top it hits behind because because the initial swing it behind him, but not as he's coming down.

Alright, I've finally decided to throw myself into Mahvel after my failed attempt at launch vanilla. Problem is I'm having trouble deciding on a team which brings me to the point of this post; what team would you suggest from these characters that I'm interested in? Must include Frank West since I must see shopping carts and plungers.

Ghost Rider
Hawkeye
Strider
Captain America
Doom
Hulk
Iron Man
Magneto
Super-Skrull
X-23
Chris
Chun-Li
C Viper
Felicia
Haggar
Hsien-Ko
Morrigan
Spencer
Jill

I (attempt to) play AE, have decent execution, and a TE stick so take that into consideration if it matters. This is a pretty sizable chunk of the cast so hopefully there's a few good teams hidden in there.

Thanks!

Haggar + West gives you a easy and reliable way to get to lvl 5 West:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyGr4oDUGGk&feature=player_embedded

Problem is, Haggar + West are very similar characters and a team with both of them isn't a good idea.

Ghost Rider
Hawkeye
Strider
Captain America
Doom
Hulk
Iron Man
Magneto
Super-Skrull
X-23
Chris
Chun-Li
C Viper
Felicia
Haggar
Hsien-Ko
Morrigan
Spencer
Jill

Thanks!

C.Viper/Frank West/Magneto - Viper has extended combos and her hypers drag the opponent into the air and soft knockdown, so you can choose to whiff and do snap shot or DHC normally for damage. Magneto helps both characters create space and mixups. Viper works really well with a pinning assist like shopping cart for mixups and unblockable FAs. Substitute Magneto for Doom or Hawkeye if you're not comfortable with two execution-heavy characters on the same team, and/or C.Viper for Jill if you want to be a badass.

rCIZZLE

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Haven't heard a lot about Haggar/Frank West but lvl5 Frank that quick seems awesome.

And@God's Beard: I'm fine with a couple high execution characters. I know I'll be trash for awhile but getting those skills down should help me overall in the long run when/if I change up my team. Viper was one I was sure nobody would suggest but it sounds like she's worth a good look.

Skrull + Frank West is super legit, easy LVL4-LVL5 combos. Haggar + Frank + beam/projectile assist should be legit as well.

That list is too large to come up with a team around. Narrow it down to fewer characters.

I dropped several and bolded my highest priority choices. If they're not viable then I'm fine with any combination of the rest.

Ghost Rider
Strider
Doom
Hulk
Iron Man
Magneto
Chun-Li
Felicia
Haggar
Hsien-Ko
Morrigan
Spencer
Jill

Dahbomb

They all are viable but Jill and Iron Man are on the high end of the execution chart in the game.

Interestingly Jill and Iron Man go together well enough and so do Felicia and IM. Felicia and Jill are similar types of characters, better to pick one. If I were you I would go with Frank West/Felicia/Iron Man in that order. Beam assist on the back, install hyper in kitty helper to help you power up and DHC in if things get rough (plus low hitting lockdown assist great for Frank West). You should be able to level up Frank using pseudo-DHC glitch set up. Likewise you can always go with Frank second boosting Felicia on point with the Shopping Cart lockdown assist. Jill/West/IM might work too.

Just watched the Degen vs. Beef set. Good shit to both of y'all, that was an incredibly enjoyable set to watch.

Should've been there for the stream chat.
KuGsj.gif

I played some dude named like HenryTabsSRK of HairyThumbsSRK, some shit like that. He was 37 and 0, and he beat me with this weird full team TOD combo involving Captain America, Iron Man, and I wanna say Nova. Then he sent me a "stay free" message.

I wanted to challenge him to a FT5, but if he actually was able to sweep me 5-0, I would've been the saltiest mutherfucker of all time.

Omiee

hey guys excuse my ignorance, i never played a marvel vs capcom game before but i was really interested to get into it before i get it with my vita as well.

amazon has marvel vs capcom 3 for 12 something

and ultimate for 25 pounds.

whats the big difference between these 2?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
More characters, more stages, more people to play with online. There's really no reason to get the regular version (we just call it Vanilla) at this point.

RazOmari

hey guys excuse my ignorance, i never played a marvel vs capcom game before but i was really interested to get into it before i get it with my vita as well.

amazon has marvel vs capcom 3 for 12 something

and ultimate for 25 pounds.

whats the big difference between these 2?
The first post in this thread has everything you need.

smurfx

get some go again
I don't know why, but I always get mind fucked fighting against good Jills.
lol we really are similar because the same shit happens to me. maybe its because we don't know the match up really well? well i certainly don't. i usually just let her run into lariat and then go from there. fighting jill with a bunch of meter is so damn annoying.

Jills are pretty fun for Dormammu. Purification -> Stalking Flare, and they're like Hawkeye players. They just assume their hyper is so awesome that it will defeat the Flare...but it doesn't.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I have yet to play against a good Jill. I've ran into a good Shuma before. His QCf move hits at such a weird angle. And yeah, I still group the 2 dlc characters together in my mind.

Dahbomb

Did Big Two/WNF happen this past week?
No WNF. Big 2 happened but wasn't streamed, Spooky was away on holiday leave. RayRay won it. Only stream that happened was FinestKO TNT 2v2 which was quite entertaining, DacidBro won with a team of Morrigan/Taskmaster/Vergil (Rising Sun assist).

Did the servers stop giving away a daily bonus card for signing into H&H online? I didn't get one yesterday. :(

--

I was impressed by the Dr. Strange player who posted the combo where he used the viewtiful joe bomb assist to trigger the counter-projectile hyper mid-combo.

lol really?

It's not BC? Yuck, that sucks. I like my modded PSP. Maybe as soon as Vita is cool like that, I'll have more incentive. I love playing CPS2/Neo-Geo games while out and about. Maybe the Vita will be able to handle Model3/CPS3/Naomi emulators in the future as well.

Disc based BC, no. BC, yes.
You just have to own a digital copy of the PSP game, I believe.

The device is fully backwards-compatible with PlayStation Portable games digitally released on the PlayStation Network via the PlayStation Store.[18] However, PS One Classics and TurboGrafx-16 titles were not compatible at the time of the primary public release in Japan.[19] The Vita's dual analog sticks will be supported on selected PSP games. The graphics for PSP releases will be up-scaled, with a smoothing filter to reduce pixelation.[20]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom