• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good shit between beef and degen, that was an enjoyable set to watch. Loved the tunes, especially moonlit wilderness, streets of rage II, Ghost in the Shell and dat Deserted Chateau, screw you capcom for not making that Morrigan's MvC3 theme.

Grifter

Any Taskmaster players? Thinking of bringing him back as he seems a bit better and more fun. Wondering if the swing > aim master cancel > land legitimately works as mixup.

rexor0717

Any Taskmaster players? Thinking of bringing him back as he seems a bit better and more fun. Wondering if the swing > aim master cancel > land legitimately works as mixup.

Yes! Taskmaster is much better now due to the swing cancel. I like doing the swing>m.Arrow>to c.M. Its not really a mix up or anything, but its really quick way to get across the screen. Really effective for switching up from zoning to rush down.
How damaging are your combos? I've been able to get around 750k with one meter so far.

As cool as my team of Wesker/Captain America/Spencer is, and I really feel like it's a strong team, it has weaknesses. I'm fucked if the Captain gets anchored, and Charging Star has no range, especially since gunshot pushes the opponent back. Charging Star is also 100% useless against beams, so fighting Doom is annoying.

I could use Magneto, but I can't extend combos with EMD, and it has very few active frames making it hard to use for anything but interrupting people and crossing up. I can put him on anchor, but he only helps Spencer so much, and Slant Shot is kind of weird with him. Same for Strider.

There's one character that helps both Wesker and Spencer, has a great projectile with high durability and long active frames, I can AA gunshot with him and he works great as an anchor.

The only price is my dignity, putting an ugly character whose playstyle I don't like on my team.

Wesker/Spencer/Hawkeye

Dahbomb

Pretty sure that Doom foot dive is shopped.

There are hit box bubbles inside the giant red one which is the fake. The green hit box appears to extend all the way to his hips.

Really really nice Vergil from last night. He beat the guy that was owning GAF.
http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/304092792
Solid Vergil play... didn't go for anything to fancy and kept it solid. He's using the patented Nova + Vergil unblockable set ups. Really good Round Trip usage too, this is what I like/want to see.

Pretty sure that Doom foot dive is shopped.

There are hit box bubbles inside the giant red one which is the fake. The green hit box appears to extend all the way to his hips.
The bubbles inside the red one are the green ones - why does that make you think it's fake?

He also had pictures up for Dante and Vergil's j.Ses.

Personally, I can't wait to see Dormammu's c.M and s.S.

The bubbles inside the red one are the green ones - why does that make you think it's fake?

He also had pictures up for Dante and Vergil's j.Ses.

Personally, I can't wait to see Dormammu's c.M and s.S.

I want to see the Hammer. Ridiculous hitbox on that thing.

Looking at the Doom one again, it's still great but not as insane as I first thought, since the hurtbox does go down to his feet. It's just shielded by an army of awesome.

Special J

Banned
Rogue.gif

GAF whats your new years resolution?
Relating to games in particular? support the shit out of the fighting game genre.
Ok, you can't jab Wesker out of Phantom Dance.

HOWEVER, snap back seems to work on reaction every time. One more to the pile of anti-shit-wesker strats.
Having to use a bar to stop possible random crossups is a bitch, but it works. The plan goes to shit if you don't have bars though. <_<
Just reaffirming this.

The biggest difference between snapbacks is that some are safe on block (Akuma is +1 IIRC), and others aren't (Hulk is -10 IIRC).
Seems silly in retrospect. This give hulk a fighting chance in that situation before, but he is at a disadvantage now.

meh it's Hulk
Please please please don't let this be real lol.

Anyone who picks up UMvC3 on Vita needs to upload hitbox pictures for us. This will be hilarious.

Yeah that's what I am saying. The giant red smear isn't the real hit box, the bubbles inside are the real ones. You can clearly follow the outlines.
The inside bubbles are the green ones, i.e. his hurtbox.

Hitbox = area within which an attack will affect a character
Hurtbox = area in which a character can be affected by attacks

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
itt people who don't know how hitboxes work.

Foot Dive looks more reasonable than I expected, though I do have to wonder why the attack extends up to his head.

no one else confused by that vergil hitbox? why does it hit so high above the sword lol

They have concluded the air displacement caused by the moving sword through that tiny space should have a hitbox.

One thing I can't tell, or if it happens, from the screenshots is if the hitbox spheres move or change at all while the move is animating.

Seems to me on sword swings, the hitbox should be around the whole sword (would look like a twinkie I guess), then it would move with the sword as it animates down.

Seems like that just take the starting points of when the sword swings starts animating, and until the end it done, and takes the whole swipe area as the full active hit box for the duration of the active frames of the move.

I want a Vita now, I want to check this stuff out.

Pizza Slicer is gonna be pretty funny looking too, I bet. Zero is on that Dixie Kong bullshit hitting people with his ponytail.

Also looking forward to Spencer's jH and Wesker's jH/jS/cM. Wesker's may as well be short sword normals, they're hilariously good.

I'm guessing the Sparda Boyz pics aren't entirely complete or a weird part of the active frames...I get hit by the trenchcoats of those moves regularly.

I need Zero hitboxes STAT. I wouldn't mind seeing other stuff like Taskmaster j.S and Ammy's j.H.
They have concluded the air displacement caused by the moving sword through that tiny space should have a hitbox.
Damn, this makes me want to laugh for some reason.

What other sword users in the genre have those kinds of hurtboxes(besides mahvel characters)?
I want a Vita now, I want to check this stuff out.
I guess Capcom and Sony's plan is working out after all!

GatorBait

I think I may have finally found a team that I am going to run with. Anyone want to give me feedback on it?

Vergil (Rapid Slash)
Frank West (Shopping Cart)
Wesker (Samurai Edge)

All three with the a godly white/red color scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom