• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

sephi22

I used the Ghetto setup for my strange/iron fist vids. Cellphone (Nokia n86) + windows live movie maker. Don't remember if my phone records in mp4 though, so I don't know if movie maker will do you much good

El Sloth

Banned
You have to be careful since he can cancel it into a hyper.
Yeah, you got to be careful not get too predictable.

I think the best advice I can give you against Hulk, SnakeSlasherRO, is to simply try your best not to let Hulk get in on you in the first place. Both of your teams are capable of some pretty decent zoning. Frustrate that fool to death.

Yeah, you got to be careful not get too predictable.

I think the best advice I can give you against Hulk, SnakeSlasherRO, is to simply try your best not to let Hulk get in on you in the first place. Both of your teams are capable of some pretty decent zoning. Frustrate that fool to death.

Appreciate it, for a few matches I was able to hit him with H Gram and wave dash and pick him up. I just need to learn trish better...

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Appreciate it, for a few matches I was able to hit him with H Gram and wave dash and pick him up. I just need to learn trish better...

If you run away good enough with Trish there's really nothing Hulk can do. Only thing that would help Hulk would be if he had Vajra assist, but that rarely happens.

Neki

I'd like Taskmaster more, but Hawkeye's slide and his ability to cover horizontal distances with his arrows is so much better. The only problem is he has no diagonal arrows, which is only useful against MODOK, because I can't beat MODOK with Hawkeye in a zoning battle. Taskmaster also does more damage, but he still has a hard time opening people up.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Shield Skill is Task's slide basically. That move is near too good

If you run away good enough with Trish there's really nothing Hulk can do. Only thing that would help Hulk would be if he had Vajra assist, but that rarely happens.

She super jumps, you gamma charge under her, and then there were equals... its not that bad

...unless she has a proper assist

koryuken

Zero Trish and Strider, and Morrigan Shuma Rocket.

The best I was able to do was Zero Lightning, Buster into Lightning to start combos against the hulk... But all it takes is one random standing H... or one gamma charge near a wall.

But even more so then that is Spencer... As hes grappling to me, should I block forward? Kind of like the Vergil cross up Rapid Slash?

I would say that a weak link is your team's overall HP... I have not seen many successful teams if they are made up of low hp characters. This means that a random crossup/hit can lead to a character and then a mixup on the incoming character. In my experience, I think a good team needs to have at least one character that has decent HP, and cannot die from a single combo...

I can imagine how fast your characters die if Hulk or Spencer get their hands on them...

Anyone know a good free video editing software that works with mp4 files? My video is too big for youtube and imageready won't open it to turn the combos into gifs. This is why I hate recording things.

All I want to do is make a couple goddamn cuts.
i like avidemux for simple edits.

or are you just converting? handbrake is good for that. it's a cpu intensive process, so you really shouldn't do anything while its working. if you want to cutdown the file size, use a lower res and/or bitrate.

Aaaaand the converted file is practically unwatchable. Nice waste of two hours.
define 'practically unwatchable'. sounds like the res and/or bitrate is too high. what's the length and filesize of the video?

El Sloth

Banned
I would say that a weak link is your team's overall HP... I have not seen many successful teams if they are made up of low hp characters. This means that a random crossup/hit can lead to a character and then a mixup on the incoming character. In my experience, I think a good team needs to have at least one character that has decent HP, and cannot die from a single combo...

I can imagine how fast your characters die if Hulk or Spencer get their hands on them...
Yeah, definitely play around with some higher health guys too, SnakeSlasher.

Here's a handy chart showing the hit points of all the characters in the game from highest to lowest.

Fucking hell. I finished the video and Virtual Edit won't render because the input file was in HD, even if I want to render in SD. This is getting to be complete bullshit. Even if I switch, I'll have to start all over.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Tonight. About 10 EST, I will host 360 GAF lobby if kadey didn't host any. Let me know if you are interesting.

First 7 people call for spots will be invite first.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Kinda related, but for you guys and all those Ammy .gifs I've seen over the past many months...

AMMY IN TRAINING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXjtpmRA43w

yt_thumb_templateammydconi.jpg

ReiGun

Are there any good CapAm guides out there? Wound up spending most of my playtime using Cap/Deadpool/Hawkeye and now I really want to learn him.

rexor0717

I'd like Taskmaster more, but Hawkeye's slide and his ability to cover horizontal distances with his arrows is so much better. The only problem is he has no diagonal arrows, which is only useful against MODOK, because I can't beat MODOK with Hawkeye in a zoning battle. Taskmaster also does more damage, but he still has a hard time opening people up.

Hawkeye definitely wins out in the arrow v arrow battle. But Task can shield skills on Hawkeye's arrow startup, and suddenly kill him solo. Also, taskmaster has a lot more tricks for getting in than people give him credit for. His spidey-swing cancels have opened up a whole range of things. I still think Hawkeye is a better character, but Taskmaster is no slouch. Not really top 5, but I wouldn't count him out of my top 10.

God dayum at those Wesker combos.
-------------
Hey Ultimoo, wanna play in a bit? I'm still practicing with Jill, and I can't seem to find any characters I know how to use that work with her.

I just picked up this game yesterday after not playing it for months. I'm quite shitty. Anyone wana play me in a little while?

Gamertag: salva is online

LakeEarth

New legit strat with Doom. Jumping S and don't dash cancel to make it safe. Make sure to give it a second to think they have an opening, then immediately xfactor and jump S again! I call it the herp XFACTOR derp maneuver.

I'm only semi-joking too. Every time I xfactor to save Doom cause my jumping S was blocked and the dash cancel didn't work for some reason, another jumping S will catch them going for the punish.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I just picked up this game yesterday after not playing it for months. I'm quite shitty. Anyone wana play me in a little while?

Gamertag: salva is online

Really? for months?

You are pretty good with nova and frank west. Time for me bring out my main team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom