• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

Still trying to decide how best to start matches. One of my biggest problems is handling people crowding me at the beginning of a match (especially Wolverines). I haaate that.

That and being patient during the match itself.

I just can't stand being crowded. It's like, jump, get dive kicked, stay on the ground, eat assist and unable to get away.

smurfx

get some go again
LOL @ everyone trolling Smurfx.
there is no such thing as trolling me.

Still trying to decide how best to start matches. One of biggest problems is handling people crowding me at the beginning of a match (especially Wolverines). I haaate that.

That and being patient during the match itself.

I just can't stand being crowded. It's like, jump, get dive kicked, stay on the ground, eat assist and unable to get away.
i usually just use zeros launcher on wolverines. i have learned to never try and hit them low or just use M on them as most wolverines always jump and dive kick you to start the match. that or just go for the throw. back away at the start like i'm going to run away and then just walk forward at the last second and toss them.

Burning Water

Neo Member
More or less what I'm looking for. A solid battery sucker.

I wanted to run IF/Skrull/Strider or IF/Skrull/Hawkeye

The main issue, at least for me, is left-right mixup issues with IF. That team of IF/Skrull/Strider could work if you maintain containt pressure and keep people out of the sky. I'm not sure about how your second team would work. Would you use the Kamikaze assist with Hawkeye?

On another note, I'm having stupidly ridiculous luck with ATK +assist + teleport into people's faces with Vergil. Also, I'd like to see more ATK + assist + teleport with Vergil online and less assist + teleport derp online...

Bizazedo

i usually just use zeros launcher on wolverines. i have learned to never try and hit them low or just use M on them as most wolverines always jump and dive kick you to start the match.

So you'll eat the assist in that scenario, though.

I guess that's better than a combo into oblivion.

Jenga

Banned
The main issue, at least for me, is left-right mixup issues with IF. That team of IF/Skrull/Strider could work if you maintain containt pressure and keep people out of the sky. I'm not sure about how your second team would work. Would you use the Kamikaze assist with Hawkeye?
I'm using the horizontal one. Seems...not bad at all. I was fooling around with both assists with skrull and I wonder if I could trick people with his mr. fantastic grabs by doing high IF kick and L or M grab or horizontal arrows and H grab...

Probably not but it'd be hilarious.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
GB:

Here's some better Spider-Man stuff than what I posted earlier and it's in video form to boot. I'll be taking bits and pieces from this, especially in Air To Ground conversion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OArJEaeXaPs&feature=player_embedded

From Xero on SRK. Dude knows how to lab this character.

Damn, very nice.

Still on the fence with picking up UMvC3, the guys I play the most with say that they're onboard with picking it up as well if I go for it though.

Burning Water

Neo Member
I'm using the horizontal one. Seems...not bad at all. I was fooling around with both assists with skrull and I wonder if I could trick people with his mr. fantastic grabs by doing high IF kick and L or M grab or horizontal arrows and H grab...

Probably not but it'd be hilarious.

Sounds like a scary situation to be in.

Edit: I'd watch out for incoming characters with air supers, though.

Any Vergil players mess with super jump cancelling his Trick Up off a launcher? Outside of fucking with people I can't do anything with it in a combo.

Degen

I quit using Ghost Rider so much on Ranked and my class went from Ranger (basic offense) back to Lord (stability). Is Capcom insinuating that my Ghost Rider was spamming???

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I quit using Ghost Rider so much on Ranked and my class went from Ranger (basic offense) back to Lord (stability). Is Capcom insinuating that my Ghost Rider was spamming???

Isn't Stability just win streaks (which I always thought was a dumb premise for a "fighting style" anyway)? I think they're insinuating that you're just doing better without Ghost Rider. :p

Anyone know a good free video editing software that works with mp4 files? My video is too big for youtube and imageready won't open it to turn the combos into gifs. This is why I hate recording things.

All I want to do is make a couple goddamn cuts.

I'm on the fence about buying Jill, but I don't know who I can use to make a decent team with her on it. She doesn't fit in with my Joe/Frank/Ryu team at all, so I don't want her going near them. Any suggestions?

Thinking I am about to have a mental break down here...

HOW THE HELL DO I COUNTER SPENCER AND HULK???

Spencer does that whole Grip Line thing, usually if I jump or super jump and it hits, it means an instant combo, if I block it... Spencer does that fucking punch that crosses up somehow... even though hes coming from in front of me.... and I noticed I cannot grab him.

Also I ran into a hulk that did Gamma Charge forward and up, over and over again... I couldn't push block him far enough away and I couldn't grab him out of the charge... Eventually it broke though my guard and killed me.

I guess my last issue is the whole doom foot dive thing, can you grab doom when he does foot dive? It seems completely safe... as if you block it he bounces away from you...

smurfx

get some go again

Spencer does that whole Grip Line thing, usually if I jump or super jump and it hits, it means an instant combo, if I block it... Spencer does that fucking punch that crosses up somehow... even though hes coming from in front of me.... and I noticed I cannot grab him.

Also I ran into a hulk that did Gamma Charge forward and up, over and over again... I couldn't push block him far enough away and I couldn't grab him out of the charge... Eventually it broke though my guard and killed me. you can also hit spender right out of the zip line. i do it all the time with taskmaster. although if you miss your timing you will get destroyed.

I guess my last issue is the whole doom foot dive thing, can you grab doom when he does foot dive? It seems completely safe... as if you block it he bounces away from you...
what characters are you using? haggar would take care of any gamma charge spam and does a great job of stopping spencer.

what characters are you using? haggar would take care of any gamma charge spam and does a great job of stopping spencer.

Zero Trish and Strider, and Morrigan Shuma Rocket.

The best I was able to do was Zero Lightning, Buster into Lightning to start combos against the hulk... But all it takes is one random standing H... or one gamma charge near a wall.

But even more so then that is Spencer... As hes grappling to me, should I block forward? Kind of like the Vergil cross up Rapid Slash?

Zero Trish and Strider, and Morrigan Shuma Rocket.

The best I was able to do was Zero Lightning, Buster into Lightning to start combos against the hulk... But all it takes is one random standing H... or one gamma charge near a wall.

But even more so then that is Spencer... As hes grappling to me, should I block forward? Kind of like the Vergil cross up Rapid Slash?

If he's grappling towards you, you can airgrab him on his way over.

Nyoro SF

Also I ran into a hulk that did Gamma Charge forward and up, over and over again... I couldn't push block him far enough away and I couldn't grab him out of the charge... Eventually it broke though my guard and killed me.

EDIT: Late.

Can't you punish a blocked Gamma Charge with most L/crouching L attacks into a combo? Just don't push block in that case.

You have to be careful since he can cancel it into a hyper.

But if you don't do you have to block forward? Ill try jumping to them next time and grabbing.

That punch always seems to hit when I am blocking...
You can also dash under him to make him miss. Are you crouch-blocking, by the way? Because that may be the reason why you are constantly getting hit.

sephi22

Are there any Bum(Haggar player) videos on YT? My iPad and horrible connection can't stream twitch and I'm in the mood for some GDLK Haggar play (have already seen Sprintgod matches)

zlatko

Banned
Xero goes to show why Spiderman I seriously think is top 10 in this game no question. The damage, the meter building, the mix ups. It's all so god like.

sephi22

Most definitely. One of the hurdles to playing spidey is that his moves are super hard to hit confirm from a random hit.

Also, this game has the 'most people In top 5' than any other game ever. I mean depending on what top player you ask, the response differs.

Top 5: Phoenix, Wesker, Spencer, Zero, Vergil, Wolverine, Dormammu, Dr. Doom, C. Viper, Hawkeye

When you have 10 characters in top 5, I imagine how many characters comprise theTop 10. MAHVEL THREE.

zlatko

Banned
For me the top 5 are:
Wesker, Zero, Hawkeye, Spencer, and Taskmaster.

The one people might question is my choice for Taskmaster, but the dude is still incredible.

sephi22

Gee guys, I wasn't asking for your Top 5s. I was just remarking how varied the top 5 is in this game that every other character is considered top 5

Also, thank you smurfx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom