• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm still at the point where I get confused and mess up online because of the speed changes then get frustrated and stop thinking and get killed. Sorry about the first few matches, I was trying to take a picture of my screen while we were playing lol

ggs all around.

Solune

You have a good point about crumple meaning anyone works with Iron Fist. I saw Justin Wong trying to set up nice crumple combos for Wolverine and Akuma on his practice streaming the other night. He rolls two point characters better than me though and I'm starting to find guys snapping in Sentinel to kill his assist coverage which isn't a good sign.
I tried anchoring Ryu last game though and his mobility made it an uphill battle without assists. Of course his hadoken is MUCH better now and Denjin only makes him more workable by himself than ever so he may just work swapped with Sentinel. Still if I anchor Ryu he loses the much needed OTG options he needs from Iron Fist almost guaranteed. I'm currently getting Ryu that crescent heel option via DHC combos.

I dunno...the team works fine so long as I'm careful about Sentinel assist and dont get happy birthday'd or have him snapped in and lose him. I may keep the team as is, but I'll still shop around juuuuuuust in case I discover someone who really works well with Iron Fist and Sentinel synergy wise. Besides I love playing through the whole roster to experience the game. Now if only I could make a dedicated Skrull or MODOK team that lasts as a backup after this I'd be set.
TBH I like running two point characters vs having a battery (I do this with Chris), it opens up more options with IF and DHCing vs 2 meter combos. I like to use Dragon Fang(Rising Fang) because it takes them to the corner no matter where you are, but this takes away Fists of Fury into Dragon's Roar(?).

With anchor Ryu, you really have to abuse his overhead and incorporate wallbounce combos to open people up and maximize damage. So I can see why you'd want that OTG assist.

Really I think IF runs best with horizontal assists (Insert beam assist here ,Hawkeye,Taskmaster) or Low/High assists since he can create unblockables without being airborne. I run Nova with IF, and hit that QCB+L(Dragon Tail?) into Centurion Rush pretty often which equals a crumple.

I'm just not a fan of Sent with IF even if drones locks down because IF cannot create left/right mixups other than crossup H and is more difficult to capitalize off an air to air drones hit than other characters who can S on reaction.

That was really hype, I wish I watched the Break more often.

CPS2

I feel a bit slow for only just realising this, but i only found out yesterday that Dante has easy inputs for pretty much all of his specials that used to be (whatever)x2. Makes him a fair bit easier to use, especially with 623M~M, since doing that too fast skips the otg, and too slow launches them. Also finally took the time to bother to learn bold xx teleport. I bet none of my new combos work online tho.

edit: something else I've been noticing, it seems like mashing 2 buttons to get extra hits from a hyper sometimes gives me a dhc (without touching the stick). Is that just how it works now? I think it happens if i start mashing during super freeze.

Dreavus

I feel a bit slow for only just realising this, but i only found out yesterday that Dante has easy inputs for pretty much all of his specials that used to be (whatever)x2. Makes him a fair bit easier to use, especially with 623M~M, since doing that too fast skips the otg, and too slow launches them. Also finally took the time to bother to learn bold xx teleport. I bet none of my new combos work online tho.

Yeah, I feel a lot more confident playing Dante with his adjusted inputs in UMvC3. The old inputs for Hammer and "volcano --> whatever-its-called" were nuts and I had a really hard time getting them out before, even offline. I used to just stick to the "marn combo" which is not nearly as versatile.

Bold cancelling can still be kind of tough online. I'm not sure why they don't let him cancel out of stinger directly in this game (like Vergil).

smurfx

get some go again
omg i just did an awesome improvised zero combo on omg itz andre and beat him. i mean i've beaten him a bunch of times before but this one was awesome. killed his x factor 3 wesker with it. ladies and gentlemen that is why you practice random shit in training mode so when the time comes you can do stuff on the fly.

Tobe

omg i just did an awesome improvised zero combo on omg itz andre and beat him. i mean i've beaten him a bunch of times before but this one was awesome. killed his x factor 3 wesker with it. ladies and gentlemen that is why you practice random shit in training mode so when the time comes you can do stuff on the fly.

TRANSLATION:

"Hey guys i did a random pizza slicer combo with a sick relauch qcf+h into buster to lighting, see ppl you gotta practice those combos"
:v

Frantic

I need a translation for the translation.

"I derped with Zero and won."

That's my take on it, anyways. :)

Yeah, I feel a lot more confident playing Dante with his adjusted inputs in UMvC3. The old inputs for Hammer and "volcano --> whatever-its-called" were nuts and I had a really hard time getting them out before, even offline. I used to just stick to the "marn combo" which is not nearly as versatile.
I used to have trouble with Volcano Bold Cancels, but now it's completely second nature. I haven't dropped it in forever. My method is basically doing Stinger + LS while inputting the motion for Volcano and hitting M once I've finished. It's the easiest method for me.

I have a question. Do more guys (girls, cats, rabbits, etc) play this game on the 360 or the PS3? I am also curious to know which version is better to play online.

smurfx

get some go again
Watched Kadey's Mini Round Robin Tourney. So many Zeros and Novas. Really cool to see how different one Zero player moves around vs another.
lol that must be my crappy zero. i pretty much play footsies with mine. i'm trying to do the fancy stuff but if i don't do it regularly then i will go back to old habits.

lol that must be my crappy zero. i pretty much play footsies with mine. i'm trying to do the fancy stuff but if i don't do it regularly then i will go back to old habits.

Oh man, I didn't mean it as a slam. I meant it was cool to see how different the combos were and how each Zero had cool corner and crossup setups and use of Weskers assist to extend combos and Nova to create potential resets/combo extenders.

GB:

Here's some better Spider-Man stuff than what I posted earlier and it's in video form to boot. I'll be taking bits and pieces from this, especially in Air To Ground conversion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OArJEaeXaPs&feature=player_embedded

From Xero on SRK. Dude knows how to lab this character.

Oh nice, thanks man.

Go go gadget new tech!

Lol it uses all 3 teleports and all 3 palm moves, and is a TOD despite being scaled by an assist to open the combo. Not the cheapest thing in the world, though lol

Tobe

played vanilla over a friends house man do i miss quicksilver glitch that shit was awesome. btw GB any good way to zone with viper? besides seismo spam

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I have a question. Do more guys (girls, cats, rabbits, etc) play this game on the 360 or the PS3? I am also curious to know which version is better to play online.

360 version is always better for the most part. But in this case, it's pretty even. Netcode is about the same. 360 crew is more active.

write it down!

Wesker/Nemesis/Hawkeye

[glasses off]A2(Triple Shot)Teleport H, jS, 2H xx Cobra Strike xx Teleport L, Low Shot, 2HS, jH, jS, A1(Slam), Low Shot, dash back, Jaguar Dash xx Jaguar Kick, 2HS, jHS, Low Shot xx THC, Ghost Butterfly xx Teleport M, Cobra Strike xx Phantom Dance, Snap Back

You can also go into double overkill by following the last cobra strike with a low shot into a second THC which you can follow with another cobra strike and low shot. You've never seen anything pop out of a move so fast.

I'll try to record it tomorrow morning, it's bed time.

Max damage version(kills Haggar):
[glasses off]Teleport H, jS, 2H xx Cobra Strike xx Teleport L, Low Shot, 2HS, jH, jS, A1(Slam), Low Shot, dash back, Jaguar Dash xx Jaguar Kick, Ghost Butterfly xx Teleport M, Cobra Strike xx Lost in Nightmares

smurfx

get some go again
ps3 has the heavy hitters though

when smurfx is a cosmic lord on your system in vanilla, something is wrong.
wcq6V.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom