• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROM combos? His best BnB in vanilla, the Alioune loop, works exactly the same as vanilla and still does 650k meterless with no assists.

Meter Building with ROM is better, or so I've heard. There's a reason why our guy Hai uses the ROM over the Alioune loop. I'll ask him next time I see him.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just finished up 100 consecutive offline versus matches with a friend. I feel like we both really leveled up our game quite a bit. Nothing like having a friend to play offline with. :D

Frantic

I'm no expert on Firebrand, but from what I've experimented with and seen... he'd still be high up on the tier list without the unblockable set up. But seriously, some of the stuff Firebrand has just makes me go "what". It's like, they didn't know what to do with the character so they just threw everything at him and didn't bother testing any of it. Just said "make sure his damage is really low. That's how balance works, right?"

I know that but im just saying that alot of people say one of his weaknesses is that he needs alot of meter to be good, which I disagree with.

People's biggest complaints with him are his health, the safety of his moves, and the speed of his teleport. Him being a meter hog is minor compared to the rest.

You know, I never really got why Vergil's Teleports have active frames.

Pretty much every teleport in the game is in the ballpark of 30 frames of startup and recovery combined with a few exceptions(Dante being the fastest at 22 frames followed by Strange and Deadpool at 25 frames). The only real difference between them is how they move and the ratio to startup and recovery making them harder or easier to see coming(Deadpool's are 100% startup, making them pretty much unpunishable but easy to see coming, whereas Phoenix has a 10 frame startup and is harder to block).

Vergil and Jill have active frames during which they are invincible. I don't really get it. Are they more like Akuma, and are physically sliding instead of teleporting? But Akuma doesn't even have active frames on his. Neither does Rocket Raccoon. Meh, maybe it's just the time they're not on screen.

Frantic

Vergil and Jill have active frames during which they are invincible. I don't really get it. Are they more like Akuma, and are physically sliding instead of teleporting? But Akuma doesn't even have active frames on his. Neither does Rocket Raccoon.
I think Vergil's is like that, actually. When Vergil teleports behind you with Spiral Swords, he doesn't actually cross you up because the swords pass through you from the front. It was more than likely made that way for this very reason.

Neki

someone needs to teach me how to do sent fly combos. I can do everything up until I have to unfly, then my combo always drops. am I supposed to double jump after I unfly or something? I always watch vids but I can never do it. I've been trying the Sent relaunch combo but that's just so much harder online, lol.

smurfx

get some go again
someone needs to teach me how to do sent fly combos. I can do everything up until I have to unfly, then my combo always drops. am I supposed to double jump after I unfly or something? I always watch vids but I can never do it. I've been trying the Sent relaunch combo but that's just so much harder online, lol.
have you tried not sucking?

smurfx

get some go again
see you could've used that post to avatar quote me for a quick and easy comeback, but now you went and messed that up too! :p
no need to point out that you got owned. everybody knows beef is free.
J7r0J.png

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Actually, team For Fuck's Sake is probably the coolest loop gimmick team.

Firebrand/Frank/Skrull
Fun with acronymns.

One of my old training partners uses both Firebrand and Skrull, at least occasionally. I really need to clue him into that setup if he doesn't already know about it for some reason.

Ok, I am new to the whole Marvel vs Capcom thing, I played the second one cause my friend downloaded it on PSN.But the New one seems so crap?! The second one had way better fighters, like the little lego man guy that keeps peeling a potato and that little red riding hood chick that whips out and Uzzi! all the fighters in the new one are so boring and average, theres no crazy fighters anymore,why?

smurfx

get some go again
Ok, I am new to the whole Marvel vs Capcom thing, I played the second one cause my friend downloaded it on PSN.But the New one seems so crap?! The second one had way better fighters, like the little lego man guy that keeps peeling a potato and that little red riding hood chick that whips out and Uzzi! all the fighters in the new one are so boring and average, theres no crazy fighters anymore,why?
KhkPc.gif

They basically made the second one by just taking assets from every previous Capcom / Marvel fighter and slapped them together. It's still a great game, but it's kind of MUGEN-y. MvC3 was actually made from scratch.

They basically made the second one by just taking assets from every previous Capcom / Marvel fighter and slapped them together. It's still a great game, but it's kind of MUGEN-y. MvC3 was actually made from scratch.

But why didn't they include some of those over the top crazy characters? If they all belong to Capcom they could of thrown them in there, but instead its all the normal fighter type dudes like chris Redfield and Frank West, no crazy squid thing that farts through its big eye, you see what I'm saying?

Hero

Is it true that KOF XIII sold better than UMvC3 in November?

If so and a bomba price drop is coming I might join you guys.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MvC2 was more fun, but MVC3 is the better game. Unless you are Clockwork and Justin, MVC2 is regulated to 5 characters while 3 is many times more balanced and most of the cast is viable.

Capcom from even a few years back is way different from Capcom of today. It's best not to think about it.

Dahbomb

I think Vergil's is like that, actually. When Vergil teleports behind you with Spiral Swords, he doesn't actually cross you up because the swords pass through you from the front. It was more than likely made that way for this very reason.
This is correct. It's a small balancing tweak to his teleport to make sure he doesn't have instant right/left cross up from full screen with SS. You can easily reaction block to it.

must be nice being one of the dmc brothers and not have to worry about hitstun. -_-
Or Zero. Zero should officially be inducted as a Son of Sparda. Just color his hair silver. Hell he already has Nero's voice over.
The second one had way better fighters, like the little lego man guy that keeps peeling a potato and that little red riding hood chick that whips out and Uzzi! all the fighters in the new one are so boring and average, theres no crazy fighters anymore,why?
Why don't you play Rocket Raccoon and Phoenix Wright?

smurfx

get some go again
Is it true that KOF XIII sold better than UMvC3 in November?

If so and a bomba price drop is coming I might join you guys.
i don't think any official numbers have ever been released. i would hope kof 13 sold better since its the main game and not an update like ultimate was. anyway i have heard that ultimate kinda bombed so i hope capcom drops the price to 20 bucks soon so we can get more players on board. sometimes its a freaking ghost town so i know this game didn't sell as much.

But why didn't they include some of those over the top crazy characters? If they all belong to Capcom they could of thrown them in there, but instead its all the normal fighter type dudes like chris Redfield and Frank West, no crazy squid thing that farts through its big eye, you see what I'm saying?

Actually, that specific character is in the game.

There are a lot of goofy characters in this game - Phoenix Wright, MODOK, Rocket Raccoon, Arthur, Tron Bonne and some others (like Shuma-Gorath, although he's just bizarre more than anything). It's just that the developers wanted to add new characters (like Chris and Frank) instead of just making MvC2 with 3D graphics.

There are a lot of goofy characters in this game - Phoenix Wright, MODOK, Rocket Raccoon, Arthur, and some others. It's just that the developers wanted to add new characters (like Chris and Frank) instead of just making MvC2 with 3D graphics.

Well I do want to pick it up, Its the first fighting game I whipped out at a party that you can literally just smash buttons and kick ass and everyone can pick up and play.Also there is so much shit happening on the screen that no one knows whats going on anyway so its like mindless fun that everyone can enjoy.Obviously we laughed at all the goofy fighters that was the main appeal for me and my friends.Did they every make a fighting game that was just bat shit insane with the craziest, weirdest fighters ever?

Dahbomb

Also starting with 1 bar and doing 1.3mil with the right assists.

These are old but still get me hype. Fuck people that think he's mid tier.
I am not going to say that Vergil does mediocre damage or anything like that (and no one thinks he's Mid tier unless they are trolling)... but that video's damage is inflated.

It's inflated because Dimension Slash does insane damage against big hit box size characters like Nemesis but lower damage on smaller characters. That combo is still extremely good and is pretty much the standard for him if you use an OTG assist.

wow i just heard wolverines pre fight quote for nova. jesus don't you think you are taking it too far wolvie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX3YY6rXibQ
Wolverine... the best... there is.

Bub.

sephi22

Notsureifserious

Nose Master

I personally find them a lot easier if I delay the M as long as possible, after unfly. Pressing it early fucks me up.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Probably easier to confirm with. Alioune loop get super specific on timing and what hits will connect based on the opener.

sj uf ROM builds more meter it is just most Mags can't be fucked learning sj uf ROM. Mag Blast Loop does more damage, but it really does not matter when you can go into ROM > Hyper grab > level 3.

Also, I'd say sj uf ROM is harder than Mag blast loop to be honest.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
RayRay's Magneto looks effortless. That man is like one with his Magneto, and it helps knowing he has the best hit confirms of anyone in pro Marvel. Combos off of Sent Drones effortlessly too with his Ryu or Magneto every which way. An absolute joy to watch, it's like the game is sped up for only one half of the characters on screen.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
RayRay's Magneto looks effortless. That man is like one with his Magneto, and it helps knowing he has the best hit confirms of anyone in pro Marvel. Combos off of Sent Drones effortlessly too with his Ryu or Magneto every which way. An absolute joy to watch, it's like the game is sped up for only one half of the characters on screen.
So true RayRay I wish had won. He is the most talented in EC.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Fun fact for people that knows Angry Joe: He named MvC3 (vanilla, not Ultimate) the #5 Worst Game of 2011.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he's alone in this.

smurfx

get some go again
just watched the marvel apex finals. wow it was great. too bad i read who won but it was really fun to watch. looks like smash brothers has taken over east coast marvel.

Grecco

While im not sure if this post or this entire series of posts is serious but that "squid thing" i think you mean Shuma Gorath? Cause hes in MVC3

There are a lot of goofy characters in this game - Phoenix Wright, MODOK, Rocket Raccoon, Arthur, Tron Bonne and some others (like Shuma-Gorath, although he's just bizarre more than anything). It's just that the developers wanted to add new characters (like Chris and Frank) instead of just making MvC2 with 3D graphics.
MvC2 was mostly street fighters vs x-men. Capcom's side could literally replace every DMC/Resident Evil character with quirky characters without breaking a sweat if they wanted to.

Not that they should!

Ray Ray knows how to use flight in general better than anyone. I 100% guarantee that's why Sanford was at Bum's house, to steal Ray Ray's Sentinel lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom