• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
While im not sure if this post or this entire series of posts is serious but that "squid thing" i think you mean Shuma Gorath? Cause hes in MVC3

Ok, yes the squid guy is back in the new one, cool, bad example.But ya I miss all the over the top guys, I just feel they got too serious with the fighters selection, but I am gonna buy it anyways.Hopefully that badass lego guy that tries to set a table the whole time will be DLC or summin.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
RayRay's Magneto looks effortless. That man is like one with his Magneto, and it helps knowing he has the best hit confirms of anyone in pro Marvel. Combos off of Sent Drones effortlessly too with his Ryu or Magneto every which way. An absolute joy to watch, it's like the game is sped up for only one half of the characters on screen.

Really is. He's one of the only ones using the gravity moves as well.

XF3 Magnus is omega class mutant status. lol

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
O SHIT!! lego guy is back! whooo! ok,cool this game is cool again.Thank you fellow GAFers for opening my eyes, I shall beat you all down online very soon.

I guess your main team will be Shuma-Gorath and Tron. :B

It is hard to guess what would be your third theory main, rocket raccoon or chris? Hmmm.

MoxManiac

Ok, yes the squid guy is back in the new one, cool, bad example.But ya I miss all the over the top guys, I just feel they got too serious with the fighters selection, but I am gonna buy it anyways.Hopefully that badass lego guy that tries to set a table the whole time will be DLC or summin.

You might want to check out Phoenix Wright if you want over the top/goofy.

Chavelo

Fun fact for people that knows Angry Joe: He named MvC3 (vanilla, not Ultimate) the #5 Worst Game of 2011.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he's alone in this.
Dude has some major problems regarding selecting games...

How is a beta able to be a candidate for a "worst of" or "best of" list? o_O

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fun fact for people that knows Angry Joe: He named MvC3 (vanilla, not Ultimate) the #5 Worst Game of 2011.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he's alone in this.

Him ignorantly getting mad at MvC3 for ALL the wrong reasons was enough for me. It had legitimate complains, he decided to make a fool of himself instead. Don't care for him or his opinion one bit. He's a massive baby.

I guess your main team will be Shuma-Gorath and Tron. :B

It is hard to guess what would be your third theory main, rocket raccoon or chris? Hmmm.

You might want to check out Phoenix Wright if you want over the top/goofy.

These names mean nothing to me now, but I'm gonna go do some homework, I assume that all the dudes have their own special ability, but yet each fighter is balanced.Or is there a guy that is just crap and you should never play as him?

LakeEarth

These names mean nothing to me now, but I'm gonna go do some homework, I assume that all the dudes have their own special ability, but yet each fighter is balanced.Or is there a guy that is just crap and you should never play as him?

MODOK and Shuma are not crap, but if you're just starting they'll probably be a little difficult to get good with. Tron is not too bad on point, but she's limited. I know you want the crazy goofy characters, but unfortunately the easier to play but not limited characters are of the non-crazy variety.

Azure J

Late, but commenting of everything on this page so far:

I'm no expert on Firebrand, but from what I've experimented with and seen... he'd still be high up on the tier list without the unblockable set up. But seriously, some of the stuff Firebrand has just makes me go "what". It's like, they didn't know what to do with the character so they just threw everything at him and didn't bother testing any of it. Just said "make sure his damage is really low. That's how balance works, right?"

This is seriously the best description of how Firebrand could get by with all the shit he did. He's definitely going to be a sleeper for a long time though, especially when people are still in the "lol does low damage" state of mind. I can guarantee that he'll blow up around the same time more people start playing Strider since they're both in that same "our potential is in resets" bracket.

Or Zero. Zero should officially be inducted as a Son of Sparda. Just color his hair silver. Hell he already has Nero's voice over.

Fuck a Son of Sparda, this motherfucker unknowingly unleashed the fucking apocalypse when he decided to take a break from Maverick Hunting to have an out of body experience. All it took was next gen Dr. Wily taking his unused body and making a new robot out of it and everything went and got fucked up.

Best part? He gets a copy body, teams up with X and ends that war with the swiftness. God of Destruction tier >/= Son of Sparda Tier.

Shoutouts to Zero series continuity. And yes, I am a big MM head.

RayRay's Magneto looks effortless. That man is like one with his Magneto, and it helps knowing he has the best hit confirms of anyone in pro Marvel. Combos off of Sent Drones effortlessly too with his Ryu or Magneto every which way. An absolute joy to watch, it's like the game is sped up for only one half of the characters on screen.

RayRay was doing some shit at Apex yesterday that I was just in a perpetual state of awe watching.

Ugghh, so hard to do combos online... but I'm slowly getting used to it, I guess.

GGs to Cloudius and Dragon.

I hate online inputs, I got shockwave instead of Gravity Squeeze 5 times in a row, and a couple attacks instead of dashes. DHCs are a coin flip.

Also, I never meant to use my Hawkeye team against you guys. I keep forgetting that it doesn't auto select the last team you played :/ Kinda salty about that.

Neki

degen has your number cloudius, ever since that one lobby where degen was raping everyone except for me.

was watching some MvC2 videos, and why doesn't Morrigan have that cool beam super? she'd be even more top tier with it.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
degen has your number cloudius, ever since that one lobby where degen was raping everyone except for me.

was watching some MvC2 videos, and why doesn't Morrigan have that cool beam super? she'd be even more top tier with it.

Nah he beat you too. Me on the other hand...

pffft you got bodied too

I was playing Degen ft 20 wins, he got 21 wins (I wanted a salty runback and failed) to my 18 wins.

Most of the time I was getting bodied by Nemesis ridiculous hit boxes + armor.

I've been saying that shit since day one lol.

I got over that complaint though. It'd be great if they just sped the missiles up and made them OTG capable. She is just a couple of changes away from being a legitimate high tier character and I want to buy this game every time I see her do soul fist loops...

sephi22

Yeah, Soul Eraser is godlike. I guess they went lazy with the animations since they had to animate all those mini lasers frying around her. She even had a Pretty sexy raging demon clone in MVC1 (different from her mvc3 lvl3)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

When MvC3 came out and I asked this question people told me Soul Eraser was blasphemous when I thought it as awesome and should've returned.

*shrug*

Neki

pffft you got bodied too

I was playing Degen ft 20 wins, he got 21 wins (I wanted a salty runback and failed) to my 18 wins.

I was playing my Vergil team that day.

does anyone even know that I play Vergil?

rofl.

Yeah, Soul Eraser is godlike. I guess they went lazy with the animations since they had to animate all those mini lasers frying around her. She even had a Pretty sexy raging demon clone in MVC1 (different from her mvc3 lvl3)

I'm sure there was a lazy way to get it in there. She'd be so good with a beam super, it did a lot of damage in MvC2 too.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
me :|

I dropped a combo and it was all over when you happy birthday with an X factored Gamma Crush.

Haha I was just trying to Gamma Crush your Strider assist. I didn't expect you to run into it. That was definitely a fraudulent win though. You totally had me.

Hmm. I wonder if I can Gamma Crush a Vajra assist and kill Strider without X-factoring it.

Neki

Haha I was just trying to Gamma Crush your Strider assist. I didn't expect you to run into it. That was definitely a fraudulent win though. You totally had me.

Hmm. I wonder if I can Gamma Crush a Vajra assist and kill Strider without X-factoring it.

don't assists take double damage? Strider only has like 725k, I'm pretty sure it'd kill.

Degen

pffft you got bodied too

pfft, half of your wins came from God's "1 millisecond of lag = dropped combo" Beard :p

Shut up! It takes me a long time to adjust my timing :-(

I do my combos so many times in training mode it's just instinct to not adjust them.

Degen is smart. Lag armor + undroppable online combos. Here I am trying to chase down wallbounces in slow mo when this dude gets 600k half screen stand fierces. I gotta hold that.

Sixfortyfive was practically the only one who had an aneurysm every time I brought Soul Eraser up for some reason.

I honestly don't care anymore though. I'm willing to settle at this point.

Degen

WPPkP.jpg

ReiGun

Doctor Strange's Impact Palm loops are easier than I thought they'd be. Much easier.....disappointingly easy (I was hoping to really challenge myself lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom