• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Yea I vote for "THIS CHARACTER IS BALANCED!"

Hey dahbomb, which characters let vergil maximize his combos (both in meter gain and damage) and work well with him? What would you recommend as a good team to have for him?
OTG assists are staple for Vergil in terms of combos. Good team for Vergil are simply OTG assist + horizontal assist for mix ups. Sentinel Drones and Missiles work well with Vergil too if you want to play a lockdown/pressure heavy Vergil.

Something like Wesker/Vergil/Magneto is what I would consider a really good Vergil team. Honestly just watch the Japanese tournament stream, tons of Vergil based teams although a majority of them used Vergil as anchor.

Also some people asked for it, Strider OWNAGE at http://www.twitch.tv/frieda0914/b/306109649 - Part 1, 1:14:22

The anti-Phoenix tech is near the end of that video in the exhibition match.

Rocket Raccoon Mad Hopper technology

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| Got 99 Problems but Hsien Ko ain't one.
fuck
this shit keeps me up at night!

Join us~~~
I don't think so...
Just wanted to mention my match is up next on the stream if anyone cares.
Stuck around for a bit even though I missed your match by three minutes or so. You should totally plug it more often. I still like watching some Mahvel here and there.
I quit after playing him. He probably thinks it was because of the glitch, but I honestly thought that was funny. I was just tired of seeing holes and openings that I couldn't exploit unless Ammy was on point and I got tired of it.

Now I just don't care about MvC3 unless it's from a spectator's point of view. Morrigan tempts me every day though. I probably would've cracked by now if it weren't for Vampire Savior.

OTG assists are staple for Vergil in terms of combos. Good team for Vergil are simply OTG assist + horizontal assist for mix ups. Sentinel Drones and Missiles work well with Vergil too if you want to play a lockdown/pressure heavy Vergil.

Something like Wesker/Vergil/Magneto is what I would consider a really good Vergil team. Honestly just watch the Japanese tournament stream, tons of Vergil based teams although a majority of them used Vergil as anchor.

I'd assume you'd have team order as vergil point, wesker 2nd, mags anchor? And why mags over doom?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| Hope you like trenchcoats.

Degen

come on, solarpowered. join PSN marvel. what's ravidrath paying you? i'll pay you double and require practically nothing* in return.

*just tattoo this:
920da.gif
onto your forehead and play. that's right, just those two things! it's really that easy!

Stuck around for a bit even though I missed your match by three minutes or so. You should totally plug it more often. I still like watching some Mahvel here and there.

Oh I definitely will (I just hope they fix the "underwater" sound thing soon though XD).

Anyways, here's the archive. For those interested, I have a casual match at like 0:06:00 or 0:07:00, and I get eliminated at 0:05:00 in part 2. Apparently my first match with the only round that I won was cut, maybe for technical reasons I guess. That's kinda bad, I wanted to share that one the most...although I did feel I played more retardly than usual on that one (still though, there were a couple of good moments there :().

http://es.twitch.tv/versusmx/b/306214575

Degen

Solar is all about that New Age of Heroines. I'm on that hype train with a nice beverage, waiting for the release.

did the game even get a release date? I see they're currently busy making trailers for characters they've already shown a lot of gameplay for

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| Not enough women? Still more than Skullgirls

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
did the game even get a release date? I see they're currently busy making trailers for characters they've already shown a lot of gameplay for

yo ullllllllllllllllll

Bizazedo

Man, watching that Japanese stream, it makes me wonder if they feel about Vergil how many here feel about Wesker.

Also was amusing watching them fight against Wesker properly.

smurfx

get some go again
btw did you guys see the latest online warrior? our very own killabmike made an appearance. i'm still bummed that my matches weren't shown. although some of the footage was taken the same day i played him since i saw him get a message by me. maybe next week.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh I definitely will (I just hope they fix the "underwater" sound thing soon though XD).

Anyways, here's the archive. For those interested, I have a casual match at like 0:06:00 or 0:07:00, and I get eliminated at 0:05:00 in part 2. Apparently my first match with the only round that I won was cut, maybe for technical reasons I guess. That's kinda bad, I wanted to share that one the most...although I did feel I played more retardly than usual on that one (still though, there were a couple of good moments there :().

http://es.twitch.tv/versusmx/b/306214575
Damn, those matches were painful to watch man. You could tell your opponent was not used to fighting RR but you found yourself in so many situations where he could just trade his way to an advantage or a win. :(

Ah, and so you were the guy in the GAF lobbies blowing up the netcode from Mexico huh? :p

Dahbomb

I'd assume you'd have team order as vergil point, wesker 2nd, mags anchor? And why mags over doom?
Magneto's beam is faster and scales less which makes it the perfect combo opening/teleport mix up beam assist in the game. For Vergil I like this one the most, the mix ups are just insane off of it. Iron Man scales the most so I am no longer using IM and Vergil together. I also like Magneto better as an anchor personally.

Curley Mustache Invite List:

Main events B4 the tournament(will be Updated)

Dieminion vs Masta CJ

OMG itz ANDRE VS Noel "the professional" BROWN(he called u out noel,hahaha)

Demon Hyo vs Chris G

Now here are The invites:

Philly crew:

Demon Hyo
Felax
Rogue Yoshi
10 Stars
Damien
Josh wong(GET OFF THAT LOL)
Julien Robinson
Doctor Chaos
Insaynne

New York/New jersey:

Noel Brown
Chris G
Masta CJ
Moons
L.I Joe
Dragon God
NYC Fab
Ray Ray
Chris Matrix
Pungza
Winrich
Liston
Genius
Bankboy Spankz
Megaman Steve
Alukard NY
Marlin Pie
KDZ
Mr.Quotes
Nerd Josh
Jago
Dieminion
Sean Aquino
XeQushioner
Omniscythe

Maryland/Virginia:

Unknown
FourthStar
Meep
Ryry
Steve H

Ohio/Facebook:(hahaha u know i had to troll u for this one,hahaha)

OmgitzAndre

I think by now most of GAF knows about my hatred of ASW, so here goes. If Solar buys a copy of Marvel 3, then I will buy the next BlazBlue game (whenever it is coming out).

smurfx

get some go again
Yeah finally made it into gaf! Got some cool stuff for Marvel heads on tues!
welcome aboard man.

edit: omg i hate throwing in this game so so much. one of the most retarded things in this game besides x factor. wish they would of made it S plus a button like L to throw. that way people would actually have to be meaning to throw instead of getting them for free thanks to spamming H characters

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
welcome aboard man.

edit: omg i hate throwing in this game so so much. one of the most retarded things in this game besides x factor. wish they would of made it S plus a button like L to throw. that way people would actually have to be meaning to throw instead of getting them for free thanks to spamming H characters

Yeah playing against Ultimoo's Nova on Thursday and starting to play the character again myself makes me feel that Nova's pretty dumb. Sometimes it feels like he has the air grab range Amy had in vanilla.

And welcome aboard Offcast. Really appreciate all the work you do!

smurfx

get some go again
lol i just discovered a pretty cool setup with haggar and zero. don't know how practical it is but its fun finding these things. i finally broke the 600k damage mark with zero with no assists. i thought it would be impossible but its not.

Damn, those matches were painful to watch man. You could tell your opponent was not used to fighting RR but you found yourself in so many situations where he could just trade his way to an advantage or a win. :(

Ah, and so you were the guy in the GAF lobbies blowing up the netcode from Mexico huh? :p
Haha, yeah -.-;

The guy even said I was literally the first Rocket he‘s ever seen.

Also, hey! My connection with you guys is usually decent :mad:

smurfx

get some go again
alright new online rule for me. i will always taunt all team trench coat users from now on after winning. that is the least you deserve!

Nova's throw range makes me rage. I would be fine if he didn't have five years to otg you.
yeah he is annoying but god damn dormammu's throw range is straight up broken. it sometimes feels like he can throw you from across the damn screen.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
alright new online rule for me. i will always taunt all team trench coat users from now on after winning. that is the least you deserve!

yeah he is annoying but god damn dormammu's throw range is straight up broken. it sometimes feels like he can throw you from across the damn screen.

My rule for facing people who have very obvious disconnect stats like Silver medal 102 wins - 3 losses is to stay in character select until the full 60 seconds run out.

welcome aboard man.

I hate that shit so much too. When I see Hulk on point I know I'm screwed. You know he is gonna walk up and mash H and I cant do anything about it. I'll never be able to tech his throw online. Its always get thrown or have my standing H get eaten up by his.

LakeEarth

Nova's OTG timing is pretty slim compared to FUCKING DR. DOOM.

True, but Nova has 2 advantages Doom doesn't have:
1. With Doom you can't get the OTG off his forward air throw without the corner
2. although you can easily get the OTG off the back air throw, if you aren't in range you get the laser instead which is a death sentence up close. Nova gets his awesome H.

Azure J

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| What Am I Fighting For??

Yes.

Also, Dante and Strider for life.

You know, I remember you were pioneering some stuff with Dante/Strider for a while now, any new shenanigans to share? After that hype Japanese play, I was thinking about doing some new team compositions but since it's gonna be a while before I can play again, I gotta settle for theory monstering here. Right now I'm thinking of a secondary main team that looks like some combination of Dante, Strider, Felicia, Zero & Ameterasu. Any suggestions? There's also my desire to run some form of Dr. Strange team, but I really need to watch a lot more play with him before I could get a grip on what I should be doing with him. (This goes out to all of Mahvel GAF even if Frantic's my proof of concept man. :p)

Ether. :lol

Azure J

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2|Still waiting for megaman

Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3 |OT2| Zero here, X is a loser. :lol

My relationship with the Megaman trolls is strange, I enjoy them because of Mahvel GAF's history with them more than anything else.

My keys to Universe B have been acquired :D

Should be on later tonight and over the next few weeks, is there a GAFchat or something?

PSN Tag is Killasasa, I'll join in on the lobbies when I can at the very least. Don't let this be a 1-person invasion, XBL broz.

My keys to Universe B have been acquired :D

Should be on later tonight and over the next few weeks, is there a GAFchat or something?

PSN Tag is Killasasa, I'll join in on the lobbies when I can at the very least. Don't let this be a 1-person invasion, XBL broz.

There's a GAFChat. Add me on PSN (ProfessorBeef) or one of the other peeps from UNIVERSE 1 and we'll send you an invite.

Frantic

You know, I remember you were pioneering some stuff with Dante/Strider for a while now, any new shenanigans to share?
I've got plenty of shenanigans with the pair and it's growing pretty much everytime I play. I plan to compile pretty much everything I've got eventually(read:when I stop being lazy about it) and post it. I'm finding stuff all the time. I just recently discovered Vajra can allow Dante to combo after his backwards ground throw if called shortly before he throws. One of the few assists that can, actually.

Any suggestions?
I honestly think Dante/Felicia/Strider would be a very good combination. I've actually been considering picking up Felicia because of how good a team it would be. Felicia would help Dante setup unblockables, some pseudo-lockdown, as well as a nice safe DHC in Kitty Helper. Weasel Shot can help Felicia set up left/right mixups + pseudo-lockdown, while Vajra helps her out quite a lot(since she has an OTG, plus Vajra helping her deal with the characters who stay at the top corners of the screen). Zero/Dante/Strider wouldn't be bad since Dante helps Zero out a lot, but Strider doesn't do much for Zero really. Maybe help him snipe some of his more annoying matchups, but generally Zero would have Jam Session, so Vajra is kind of redundant except for helping Dante when he comes out. As for Amaterasu... I think it'd be best as Dante/Strider/Ammy, just because Strider benefits from Cold Star more than Ammy benefits from Vajra.

I've been so indecisive recently with my team, though. I've been searching for the perfect third wheel for a while now. My current main of Dante/Spencer/Strider is a really good team, but it's mostly good because Spencer is my second best character. Spencer/Dante/Strider is a better team, but I would really like to run Dante on point instead of second. There's really too many characters I want to play in this game. Makes it impossible to find a main team, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom