• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
goddamn i didnt know thor was so godlike!!!!!! im gonna try and make him work tho im pretty sure ive gotta make a team that is based around him. GB any tips?

if anybody want to play some casuals while i try some teams hit me up on xbl my gt is Tobe101

Thor is hilarious, been thinking about picking him up just to troll with a Mighty Punish/Ultimate Web Throw option select. I think that'd be funny as hell lol.

I love that most of the characters are just plain fun in this game.

I just came back from getting blown up at the weekly Marvel tourney, and this time, since they got a capture card you'll be able to see it in glorious not-that-high quality rather than cellphone quality. At least I had a couple hype/funny moments that I'll share when they stream the replays.

Also, as usual after a tourney, I'm feeling really hype and need someone to play with -.-

Azure J

UMvC3 |OT2| Oooo God Daaaamn!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeros

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 |OT2| THIS CHARACTER IS BALANCED

I am partial to these. The last one just cause it's ridiculous.

Or a Nova one: UMvC3 |OT2| YOU LIKE THAT? YOU LIKE THAT?

I like all of these honestly. I was still trying to find a good one mixing Dr. Doom & Watch The Throne, but that didn't go so great. New Age of Zeroes & THIS CHARACTER IS BALANCED are my personal favorites.

Tobe

we need something about phoenix going down :( and zero/wesker rising

btw GG cita, i hate strider and dante tho it was fun to see us struggle with thor and your magnus

Frantic

GGs Tobe. I just want to say that your Doom is the absolute worst. Did you do ANYTHING other than Foot Dive?
Why does Foot Dive freaking cross up, god damn.

I'm still surprised I managed to get 8 games off you with MSS. It was my first time playing that team at all seriously, and I didn't do as badly as I expected. And I kept freaking dropping my Chun-Li combo. It's so easy in training mode, but online? Nope! Would have done 750k damage if I could have landed it, but I only got up to 400k each time. :(

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ultimoo, your new avatar.

zltuR.png

The google overlords probably wouldn't like the other one I picked for you so I just went with this.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| Japanese Community Win

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| Japanese > You

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| Japanese > American

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| MARVALGAF WENT WWE

Tobe

DUDE OF COURSE I DID OTHER STUFF BESIDES FOOT DIVE i got the corner combo didnt i ? but yeah my doom suck tho i really wasnt trying a have solid movement with just i didnt want to try :v

well about the mss thing yeah magnus has faster normals than thor so yeah thats that. it was fun tho idk how many mighty punishes i got maybe around 7?

Frantic

btw GG cita, i hate strider and dante tho it was fun to see us struggle with thor and your magnus
I was struggling hard with both Magneto and Storm. I can't play tri-dash characters smoothly. Not used to their mobility at all.

Also, Dante and Strider for life.

DUDE OF COURSE I DID OTHER STUFF BESIDES FOOT DIVE i got the corner combo didnt i ? but yeah my doom suck tho i really wasnt trying a have solid movement with just i didnt want to try :v

well about the mss thing yeah magnus has faster normals than thor so yeah thats that. it was fun tho idk how many mighty punishes i got maybe around 7?
Corner combo = FOOT FOOT DIVE. :p

I don't know how many Mighty Punishes you landed, but it was too freaking many. I kept running into the damned thing. >_>

So, does either of you still want to play?
Sorry, kinda tired after playing Tobe. :(

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| They took out Pheonix Wright
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| Everybody dropped storm
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| Dieminion actually plays this game?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I wonder how a Thor mirror would go? I think I've ran into maybe 4 other Thors over the course of this game and Vanilla.

Only 1 of them actually knew what the hell they were doing.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| Motivation now included
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| What A Horrible Night to have a Wesker
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| Zero's Edition
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| Aye, yo uggggghhh
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| Dropped Combos And More Resets
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| Low Tier Mags and high tier foot dives

Edit: I'm starting to learn to actually get around Zero, you need to fight his assists. Kill off A1 and A2 asap.

Tobe

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| Zero Chance of survival
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| AAaaaAAAaaAaaaaa ZerOOOooooOoo
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| Power of the Power of the Power
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| Brought you by skittles, Catch the rainbow, Taste the rainbow

Well this is it. I'm heading back to my apartment tomorrow morning, so I'm about to pack up my computer and stuff. If anyone wants to play, I'll be online for the next hour or so. After that, I don't know when the next time will be.

PSN: Gods_Beard

I bet they honestly watch US streams and go "I don't get why they like Wesker so much." It's great they play whomever appeals to their style of play and stick with it. Playing who you like and persisting > Tier whoring. I say this because they don't seem to understand Wesker play very well at all.
This is definitely what I like most about the Japanese. I bet they would have laughed at NEC's Wesk O rama.
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| We will not survive.
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| SQUEEZE ON HER TITTIES AND PEE ON HER
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| R.I.P Pheonix Wright
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| Its all about the trench coats.
This reminds me of a Mahvel related OT name that I came up with for Skullgirls. Hilarious stuff lol!
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2|Smurfx is thy god!

has a nice ring to it.
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 |OT2| Will Solarpowered ever buy this game?

Hey dahbomb, which characters let vergil maximize his combos (both in meter gain and damage) and work well with him? What would you recommend as a good team to have for him?

JeTmAn81

GGs to jetman, time to pack up.

Thanks for the session. I landed a few things I know I should always be doing but usually forget to do in the heat of a match. Like that blocked near air loop on incoming character into command grab with Wesker. That was some pure Viscant stuff (I read his SRK thread). Have a good trip back to school.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
D: I got 4th in my first tournament, not to bad. My main reason for losing was the fact the place had no heating and my fucking hands were stiff. Didnt help my carpal tunnel at all xD

I also made everyone respect arthur :3

smurfx

get some go again
D: I got 4th in my first tournament, not to bad. My main reason for losing was the fact the place had no heating and my fucking hands were stiff. Didnt help my carpal tunnel at all xD

I also made everyone respect arthur :3
4th? degen would of got first. :kappa

Well, since you guys were too slow and missed watching me get blown up in an actual off-line environment, I'll save that as a highlight and share it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom