• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xevren

Did you watch the Xanadu ranbats yesterday? He had a 50 dollar moneymatch vs Fecalpenance after the tourney was fun to watch Felicia vs Felicia.

WELCOME!

Nope, didn't even know about it. Would have been sweet to see, oh well. Huoshen is on Peaceful Jay's stream sometimes, I love watching him.

Grecco

Nope, didn't even know about it. Would have been sweet to see, oh well. Huoshen is on Peaceful Jay's stream sometimes, I love watching him.

Archives should be available i think. Huoushen won the Marvel tourney as well, then there was that fun Felicia vs Felicia fight.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Lol Darkhadou

Speaking of Jill. Is there some sort of secret that I need to know to fight off Zero with her? This match-up feels so lopsided. If I see Zero starting, I might just swap in Mags and switch out if I can kill him. She had less difficulty escaping raccoon city than fighting this bastard. :( Jam Session eases the pain, somewhat.

Edit: This shit has to be like 2-8 in Zero's favor. Maybe worse.

Grecco

Lol Darkhadou

Speaking of Jill. Is there some sort of secret that I need to know to fight off Zero with her? This match-up feels so lopsided. If I see Zero starting, I might just swap in Mags and switch out if I can kill him. She had less difficulty escaping raccoon city than fighting this bastard. :( Jam Session eases the pain, somewhat.

Not like theres that many characters right now that have good matchups vs Zero.

Darkhadou

Neo Member
Defo in Zero's favour you can run circles around him on the ground though that's why Zero should never be fighting her on the ground (or getting reset and falling down with j.C against her like I was).

I don't know anywhere near enough about Jill to give you some pointers (evidentally) unfortunately but I imagine that cr.L into whatever her spiral arrow/ flying kick is a really good tool she has. You attempt to pushblock L and you'll eat the kick- happened to Doom in that video.

Oh course you'll need assists that'll help ground Zero so hidden missile, vajra, jam session off the top of my head.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's between:

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| We will not survive.
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| THIS CHARACTER IS BALANCED
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| Oooo God Daaaamn!
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| What Am I Fighting For??
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| Not enough women? Still more than Skullgirls (For maximum SolarPowered/DR2K troll factor; It's funny cause it's true)

I'm partial to the first, it's clean and neat. I don't see the third holding up in the long run. But what the people will, will be made so.

Lol Darkhadou

Her flash kick (somersault?) thing is pretty deece against his ridiculous hitboxes because that has such a beastly one too, so you have to pick that one spot where he does an all too obvious Pizza Cutter and finish the job. You'll need something to bring him to the ground though and limit his options.

There's a GAFChat. Add me on PSN (ProfessorBeef) or one of the other peeps from UNIVERSE 1 and we'll send you an invite.

Cool, will do.

Will repost for new page

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 |OT2| Beam+Teleport=Unblockable
or
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 |OT2| Beam Assist+Teleport=Unblockable

zlatko

Banned
The one character I feel does fine against Zero is Hawkeye, hence his win quote against him of, "Now you're less than Zero, heh."

Darkhadou

Neo Member
The one character I feel does fine against Zero is Hawkeye, hence his win quote against him of, "Now you're less than Zero, heh."

Hawkeye, Morrigan, Trish, an educated Magneto

Are pretty much his only bad matchups. Taskmaster used to be bad but he's even now. Dorm CAN be trouble but he's only got means of keeping Zero out- no way of dealing with Zero already in the pocket.

Bizazedo

Zero's got an amazing quote versus Hawkeye, though. Unsure if it's specific to just Hawkeye.

"You're very cunning. You have that in common with X. You also lost to me, so you share that too."

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How many characters does Hawkeye not have good matchups against? He is the matchup king.
Anyone with flight.

Saw a thing on Eventhubs today where Mine (or X-Ray) said Wesker has no bad matchups. I disagree. Both him and Hawkeye lose out against characters with strong air games, primarily Magneto and also Zero. I feel like Magneto is the best when it comes to matchups in the game. That fast estaka is just way too good and effective from a zoning standpoint for someone with such destructive rushdown capabilities. Same goes with Zero to a lesser extent with the lvl 3 buster.

Azure J

"You're very cunning. You have that in common with X. You also lost to me, so you share that too."

I still think this line is kinda bull shit though, the X/Zero match up is a dead even 5-5 if we go based on any interpretation of the fight they had in X5.

New Age of Zeroes it is from my end.

Ummmm.... actually no.

Hawkeye has several good AA options, his arrows even make the s.J and flight airdash approach hazardous.

Hawkeye has options to deal with fliers as well as teleporters.

He can aim his normal arrow manually, his loop arrows, and the chance of net arrow is a pain not to mention the fact that he can punish any attempt to zone him out in the air.

But against Viper, Cap, MODOK sure. He has some really great matchups.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ummmm.... actually no.

Hawkeye has several good AA options, his arrows even make the s.J and flight airdash approach hazardous.

Hawkeye has options to deal with fliers as well as teleporters.

He can aim his normal arrow manually, his loop arrows, and the chance of net arrow is a pain not to mention the fact that he can punish any attempt to zone him out in the air.

But against Viper, Cap, MODOK sure. He has some really great matchups.
I honestly think Hawkeye's AA arrows are not as good as they seem on paper. From countless streams you see people fly straight over them or unfly on reaction from the sounds. I think the j.H is the best option he has against people in the air, and is a pretty good one, but I still don't see him beating out Mags. Zero is arguable.

Azure J

I honestly think Dante/Felicia/Strider would be a very good combination. I've actually been considering picking up Felicia because of how good a team it would be. Felicia would help Dante setup unblockables, some pseudo-lockdown, as well as a nice safe DHC in Kitty Helper. Weasel Shot can help Felicia set up left/right mixups + pseudo-lockdown, while Vajra helps her out quite a lot(since she has an OTG, plus Vajra helping her deal with the characters who stay at the top corners of the screen). Zero/Dante/Strider wouldn't be bad since Dante helps Zero out a lot, but Strider doesn't do much for Zero really. Maybe help him snipe some of his more annoying matchups, but generally Zero would have Jam Session, so Vajra is kind of redundant except for helping Dante when he comes out. As for Amaterasu... I think it'd be best as Dante/Strider/Ammy, just because Strider benefits from Cold Star more than Ammy benefits from Vajra.

You pretty much mentioned every team combination and rationale behind them I was thinking of from the moment I thought of doing a new team until now. Awesome. :lol

Dante/Felicia/Strider is the one I'm really looking at hardest. I'll probably rock a Zero (dunno)/Dante (Weasel Shot)/Felicia (Rolling Buckler) team to play with my personal Team Franchise Loyalty, but the aforementioned just seems so right to me.

His j.H and I believe his s.M are good AA normals not to mention the arrows. Most agree that his tier placement will be high due to his matchups. Flight is only effective if you are really comfortable with engaging in a zoning war with Hawkeye which most don't. And once you come down, the s.M/ j.H will hit you.

Not to mention that he can slide away as you are coming down and punish you with a trick shot off the slide. Flight I see as a no no. Characters who can move forward while absorbing projectiles and characters who can zone from specific areas quicker than he can gives him problems.

Viper/MODOK/Cap/Akuma all can give him some big problems.

Jenga

Banned
I honestly think Hawkeye's AA arrows are not as good as they seem on paper. From countless streams you see people fly straight over them or unfly on reaction from the sounds. I think the j.H is the best option he has against people in the air, and is a pretty good one, but I still don't see him beating out Mags. Zero is arguable.
yeah that's why i love strider cuz of dat vajra

come on, solarpowered. join PSN marvel. what's ravidrath paying you? i'll pay you double and require practically nothing* in return.

*just tattoo this:
920da.gif
onto your forehead and play. that's right, just those two things! it's really that easy!
Yeah... I'd take your offer in a heartbeat if you somehow managed to get them and Arc System Works to make a successor to Darkstalkers.
Oh I definitely will (I just hope they fix the "underwater" sound thing soon though XD).

Anyways, here's the archive. For those interested, I have a casual match at like 0:06:00 or 0:07:00, and I get eliminated at 0:05:00 in part 2. Apparently my first match with the only round that I won was cut, maybe for technical reasons I guess. That's kinda bad, I wanted to share that one the most...although I did feel I played more retardly than usual on that one (still though, there were a couple of good moments there :().

http://es.twitch.tv/versusmx/b/306214575
Planned on watching today,but the KOF stream caught me off guard. It was lots of fun. I'll still make some time to see what is going on in the lesser viewed streams.

Thanks
Solar is all about that New Age of Heroines. I'm on that hype train with a nice beverage, waiting for the release.
It's more like a nice little train rolling by the coast with a beautiful view of the ocean. Just my kind of ride.
did the game even get a release date? I see they're currently busy making trailers for characters they've already shown a lot of gameplay for

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| Not enough women? Still more than Skullgirls
Eh... the number of viable characters in this gender is the exact same in both games. The difference between the two is that this leaves UMvC3 with like six meh females while the whole cast in Skullgirls has well rounded tools.

There are also more interesting characters in Skullgirls anyways.
btw did you guys see the latest online warrior? our very own killabmike made an appearance. i'm still bummed that my matches weren't shown. although some of the footage was taken the same day i played him since i saw him get a message by me. maybe next week.
I caught up today after not seeing Deadpool's part two and now I remember why his videos are so awesome. I loved the Braid music and the Deadpool hilarity. I'm actually a bit interested in the character now.

Also, I noticed it when you sent him a message during one of the shows. :p
I think by now most of GAF knows about my hatred of ASW, so here goes. If Solar buys a copy of Marvel 3, then I will buy the next BlazBlue game (whenever it is coming out).
This is an interesting proposition, but I think I'd rather have you buy Skullgirls instead. It's cheaper for you and lord knows that you won't play either of them. BlazBlue already has an audience to sell to. Every sale can help Skullgirls though...
Nova's OTG timing is pretty slim compared to FUCKING DR. DOOM.
Seriously

His range is ridiculous, but the timing is pretty strict.

Lren

Waiting for Wesker to get nerfed so I don't feel horrible about using him... Was my main boon in MvC3 next to Spencer ><. I feel so unclean!

smurfx

get some go again
Waiting for Wesker to get nerfed so I don't feel horrible about using him... Was my main boon in MvC3 next to Spencer ><. I feel so unclean!
how would you nerf him? what do you think is fair as a wesker user? i got my own thoughts but i might be more harsh than wesker users. :p

Lren

how would you nerf him? what do you think is fair as a wesker user? i got my own thoughts but i might be more harsh than wesker users. :p

It mainly has to do with all the anti-wesker and the hate messages I almost constantly get. The glasses mechanic is unneeded in my opinion and it sometimes feels as though his damage is high. My experience in fighting games is just starting to grow (Moving into others like SF and KoF recently) so to be honest, I don't know how to really go about balance changes.

Tobe

so i go away for just a couple of hours and we got new guys including offcast yoooo damn.

well i organized a kof tournament today but before that i played some marvel with one of the best in my local fgc and boy do i miss dhc glitch, pretty much this guy wrecked me like 4-10 i hate not having online experience againts good players, like spencer zipline is just stupid annoying :( meh im still gonna play and practice a lot for WB but i guess thats that unless i go to evo but hey im still making plans. the point is, i miss the cheap shit :( vanilla marvel spoiled me way too much with jean and dhc glitch :(

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| Why We really really hate you

hawkeye backed up by projectile assist. how does arthur deal with that?

Hawkeye's arrows have shit durability compared to Arthur's stuff. The only thing that can match it is Piercing Bolt, and even then I think it still loses to lances. This is without accounting for King's Armor, btw.

EDIT: Now I'm curious to see if Arthur can use his shield to stop Piercing Bolt altogether. To Training!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hawkeye's arrows have shit durability compared to Arthur's stuff. The only thing that can match it is Piercing Bolt, and even then I think it still loses to lances.

This is without accounting for King's Armor, btw.

I took an Hawkeye out yesterday when he did a random super, I did kings armor to dodge it, I then poped xfactor and infinited him :D

I took an Hawkeye out yesterday when he did a random super, I did kings armor to dodge it, I then poped xfactor and infinited him :D

LOL, that's always the best.

Just tested it in Training mode. Arthur's Shield (SRK+L) stops Piercing Bolt, but Arthur can also just duck under it so whatever. Gonna try Gimlet vs. King's Armor Lances in a second just for kicks.

EDIT: Aw, Gimlet wins.

The ONLY thing that Wesker needs nerfed is his Level 3 X factor/no Glasses. They can start by removing the glasses buff altogether, but when he's no glasses level 3 x factor he gets more random than vanilla Phoenix.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
LOL, that's always the best.

Just tested it in Training mode. Arthur's Shield (SRK+L) stops Piercing Bolt, but Arthur can also just duck under it so whatever. Gonna try Gimlet vs. King's Armor Lances in a second just for kicks.

EDIT: Aw, Gimlet wins.

Well arthur should be in xfactor 2 or 3 mode if he is gonna pop armor. At that point it doesnt matter if you eat a gimlet cause his ass is going to eat a lance and get staggered and lose an = amount of lifeand depending on when the lance came out he might just be dead.

Is Wesker's phantom dance still random with the crossups? I tried it yesterday and it still worked as far as I know.
The ONLY thing that Wesker needs nerfed is his Level 3 X factor/no Glasses. They can start by removing the glasses buff altogether, but when he's no glasses level 3 x factor he gets more random than vanilla Phoenix.
Random crossup on phantom dance too. I told my cousin yesterday that I wold randomly cross my friend up with a single phantom dance attempt in front of both of them and proceeded to do it like it was nothing. There was much head shaking in the next two minutes when they understood what just happened lol.

Something random like that shouldn't exist at all if it was initially blocked.

Well arthur should be in xfactor 2 or 3 mode if he is gonna pop armor. At that point it doesnt matter if you eat a gimlet cause his ass is going to eat a lance and get staggered and lose an = amount of lifeand depending on when the lance came out he might just be dead.

Well yeah, but I was only curious to see if it would even trade with Gimlet. I already know that Arthur vs. Hawkeye means Hawkeye can't do shit but wait.

Lren

That is the one thing that still baffles me, why they put that glasses mechanic in. Considering you use maximum wesker and BAM there they go. Also feels like some of his moves are a bit safer than they should be.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So is Arthur that dumb in x-factor that I should just snap him in if I see him as anchor?

Flashbacks of snapping all of those Phoenix's in. Except Arthur's chances of escaping are pretty slim since his mobility is garbage.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So is Arthur that dumb in x-factor that I should just snap him in if I see him as anchor?

Flashbacks of snapping all of those Phoenix's in. Except Arthur's chances of escaping are pretty slim since his mobility is garbage.

Arthur is basically a "balanced" version of phoenix, so yes.

That is the one thing that still baffles me, why they put that glasses mechanic in. Considering you use maximum wesker and BAM there they go. Also feels like some of his moves are a bit safer than they should be.

I felt the same way when I mained him, a lot of his moves definitely seem safer. I remember my friend had Sentinel and Hulk. I used level 3 xfactor x glasses buff and literally mashed ABC xx teleport xx Gunshot into his MMHS samurai edge otg. Sentinel's hitbox being so big, I ended up juggling him to the point it looked like I was actually doing a sensible combo.
I can really only see them nerfing these things though

- His speed in Level 3 xfactor
- His strength in Level 3 xfactor

Those two things make are OP imo. Everything outside of xfactor is fair game though.

Not necessarily. Save your X Factor and don't press buttons once he pops his. Snapping him in does work though.

Frantic

i miss the cheap shit :( vanilla marvel spoiled me way too much with jean and dhc glitch :(
That sounds like some fraudulence to me. :p

Something random like that shouldn't exist at all if it was initially blocked.
The reason it randomly crosses up is because it was just a poorly designed move. The reason it crosses up is because sometimes his flight path will miss the opposing character just long enough that they come out of blockstun, then he'll travel behind the character and end up hitting them from behind. Generally speaking, if you're in the corner when someone throws out Phantom Dance, you're completely safe. Mid-screen, it's fair game(pushblocking increases your chances of being hit, just as an fyi). Otherwise, hope luck is on your side. Case in point.

The only way to fix it is if they increase blockstun(which would be bad), or make it travel a set path, which, depending on how they do it, could end up being a buff or a nerf. I honestly don't expect them to change it, though.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That sounds like some fraudulence to me. :p

The reason it randomly crosses up is because it was just a poorly designed move. The reason it crosses up is because sometimes his flight path will miss the opposing character just long enough that they come out of blockstun, then he'll travel behind the character and end up hitting them from behind. Generally speaking, if you're in the corner when someone throws out Phantom Dance, you're completely safe. Mid-screen, it's fair game(pushblocking increases your chances of being hit, just as an fyi). Otherwise, hope luck is on your side. Case in point.

The only way to fix it is if they increase blockstun(which would be bad), or make it travel a set path, which, depending on how they do it, could end up being a buff or a nerf. I honestly don't expect them to change it, though.
They should give Wesker Maximum Spider. Shit would be hilarious to see.

LOL this doesnt work

Ehh, I usually go down the line unless it's a Strider because I'd rather not deal with XF3 Ouroburos or it's a Felicia -- in proven cases, Wesker too. Don't need to snap Phoenix anymore because my team can deal with her in multiple ways and TAC's actually work on her now.

After dealing with Anchor Arthur, I've gotten used to just waiting him out since my characters tend to close the gap pretty well against him. If he has King's Armor on, his shit's going to pop in a matter of time anyway.

I mean, this strat won't work for everyone but it definitely will for a decent amount of characters, and it's more likely to if you have more than one left. What's he going to do to you if you can't take chip? Clock's ticking until you get to claim your prize of a free hard knockdown (one of the stupider things in the game TBH). I wouldn't call solo, unXF-d Arthur (in undies or reg armor) a sitting duck, but he's some kind of waterfowl.

To each their own, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom