• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOOHHHH, SO DORMAMMU GETS TO FLY AND CHARGE SPELLS, HUH? Why doesn't Dr.Strange get to fly and throw discs and not get instafucked?

WAY TO ROOT FOR THE GOOD GUYS, CAPCOM.

shaowebb

smurfx said:
it is done umvc3 gaf! i have finally completed my last goal for mvc3 and that is joining the comic lord ranking. today i retire and officially move on to ultimate.

WOOOOOOOOOOO! YOOOOOOOOOO MAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHVELLLLLLL! You're the best around SMURFX!!!!!!!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
God's Beard said:
OOOHHHH, SO DORMAMMU GETS TO FLY AND CHARGE SPELLS, HUH? Why doesn't Dr.Strange get to fly and throw discs and not get instafucked?

WAY TO ROOT FOR THE GOOD GUYS, CAPCOM.
Dr.Strange isn't a cosmic being.

ReiGun

smurfx said:
it is done umvc3 gaf! i have finally completed my last goal for mvc3 and that is joining the comic lord ranking. today i retire and officially move on to ultimate.
iQYz2.gif

Congrats man. I'm jealous. I still haven't made it to 4th lord. lol

Mit-

Mr Touchdown said:
No, I think it might OTG. Otherwise, how is the freeze shot working?

Also, I love the fact that a forward air throw leads to 2 Poison Arrows.
Freeze shot could just be a really high floating OTG. Same with Poison Arrow.

I had someone check the guide. It said his back throw was just hard knockdown, but it also said that his only OTGs were the followups from the command jump (like Freeze Arrow/Poison Arrow), and that those were also hard knockdown. Doesn't seem to specify ground bounces anywhere :\ I think his back air throw has to be groundbounce though (which is also technically hard knockdown). Sometimes the f+M projectile misses when he bounces too low. If it was OTG it should probably hit regardless.

I also had him check for that 3-point armor bullcrap and it just says super armor, which means one point of armor for Sent and Hulk. Should be able to put that to rest finally.

Moaradin

So like 2 days ago, I really wanted to get into UMvC3. I check Gamefly, but it wasn't there. I was pretty anxious to play, so I bought the on demand version of MvC3 $30. Liking the flow of the game, and I'm really liking zero.

Anyways, I check Gamefly today and UMvC3 is available. FUCK

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
watching the 2G gaming stream

frank west just did a combat roll past nemesis's Ain't Even Mad super, but got hit when he came out of the roll on the back side. Pretty awesome.

Mit- said:
Freeze shot could just be a really high floating OTG. Same with Poison Arrow.

I had someone check the guide. It said his back throw was just hard knockdown, but it also said that his only OTGs were the followups from the command jump (like Freeze Arrow/Poison Arrow), and that those were also hard knockdown. Doesn't seem to specify ground bounces anywhere :\ I think his back air throw has to be groundbounce though (which is also technically hard knockdown). Sometimes the f+M projectile misses when he bounces too low. If it was OTG it should probably hit regardless.

I also had him check for that 3-point armor bullcrap and it just says super armor, which means one point of armor for Sent and Hulk. Should be able to put that to rest finally.
That is extremely funky then.

ReiGun

In ultimate, I've decided to pick X-23 back up. I'm thinking of running her with Hawkeye second (ankle slice and greyhound respectively). Can't think of a third though. Anyone care to offer up some suggestions?

tribal24 said:
we are running a stream over at http://www.twitch.tv/dualpixels.com, gonna be just trying out stuff and some commentary!
Turn on the stream, first theme I hear is Nova's. Best urley stream ever.

Neki

smurfx said:
you're still probably the worst marvel gaf player though.

GRATS.

FSLink

Banned
IntelliHeath said:
many people getting the game early and haven't dig any data to see any removed characters. :(
Seriously, at least someone open up a save file in a hex editor or something and look for suspicious strings. :(

smurfx

get some go again
mmm i'm really liking hawk eye right now. poison tip is soooooooo spammable and it takes so much life. people are going to be salty as fuck. he is similar to taskmaster. his standing m has a bunch of range. wonder how much priority it has.

smurfx said:
mmm i'm really liking hawk eye right now. poison tip is soooooooo spammable and it takes so much life. people are going to be salty as fuck. he is similar to taskmaster. is standing m has a bunch of range. wonder how much priority it has.
YOU PEOPLE STOP STEALING MY CHARACTER BEFORE I EVEN GET TO TOUCH THE GAME

;_;

lol jks, the more the merrier :D

Grecco said:
Marn just tweeted that he thinks Zero is worse than vanilla....... :(
He must really like those hard knockdowns. :(

I think I've decided on a B-Team (not sure if it'll be my main yet, hence B!). Phoenix Wright, Wesker, Strider. When I get back into the lab tomorrow, hopefully I'll see if my Wright + Wesker ideas work.

I'll probably pick up Hawkeye for a different team. Just need to figure out the other two. If anything, I'll just throw Strider in as an anchor again.

Solune

Grecco said:
Marn just tweeted that he thinks Zero is worse than vanilla....... :(
It's not surprising, DHC Glitch removal, less hitstun, buster nerf. The few things that he got like Special move into Buster, Sentsiuzan H buff change a few things. looooool minimal health buff is negligible.

smurfx

get some go again
Mr Touchdown said:
YOU PEOPLE STOP STEALING MY CHARACTER BEFORE I EVEN GET TO TOUCH THE GAME

;_;

lol jks, the more the merrier :D
lol there is almost zero time in between L poison tip shot. if you have a lock down assist like dooms rockets you can trap somebody in the corner and fuck them good. it leaves you at enough range so that many characters can't get to you and your slide can still get to them. hawkeye is clicking with me just like tasky did when i first played him. i'm telling you now hawkeye is going to be a major problem.

smurfx

get some go again
Noriega said:
I need 4 more achievements until I'm done with MVC3

But the ones I need are beat a 1st lord, become a fighter, and beat 5 in a row :(
i can help you with the beat a 1st lord one. i'm going to work right now but i'll be home at 10pm. if you are still on i'll get on mvc3 and let you beat me.

Nori Chan

smurfx said:
i can help you with the beat a 1st lord one. i'm going to work right now but i'll be home at 10pm. if you are still on i'll get on mvc3 and let you beat me.
Works for private matches or the lobby ones?

Anth0ny

smurfx said:

congrats!

now go win evo.

Mupod

Noriega said:
I need 4 more achievements until I'm done with MVC3

But the ones I need are beat a 1st lord, become a fighter, and beat 5 in a row :(

You don't need to beat a 1st lord, just fight one.

I don't know if you can do it outside of ranked matches, in fact it's the last achievement I even need myself.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
God damn I barely woke up, did I miss anything cool. I just been chilling in the DualPixel stream.

Oh and Karst you are a douche for wanting firebrands level 3 to be longer than 10 seconds LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom