• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunonabi

AzureJericho said:
Spiderman is one of those characters I'd love to represent, but my own personal executional limits make me weary to do anything with him right away.

Yeah Spidey doesn't fit my playstyle either, but I love Scarlet Spider so I have to pick him up. Not sure who to pair him with though.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Killa Sasa said:
Last update before I go to my scene's final Vanilla tourney (no chance of urley ultimate here T_T):

Spidey's lazy one hit kill is still in, and it's better now. Catches all techs, yo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjYtJ5qh6_M&feature=youtu.be

Hopefully he can't be hit out of it by anything none invincible.

And why are all his colors so badass? This game is so pretty.
What about not teching? Would that get out of it?

Mit-

A Pretty Panda said:
What about not teching? Would that get out of it?
Nope.

What you have to do is tech towards him and mash attacks to hit him out of it, which really, like, 80% of the cast has some way of doing this. Or air dash out of the way.

ReiGun

That armored Spider-Man suit is so good.

kunonabi said:
Yeah Spidey doesn't fit my playstyle either, but I love Scarlet Spider so I have to pick him up. Not sure who to pair him with though.
I tried to play Spidey for awhile and I ran him with Deadpool and Iron Man. It was pretty effective. Probably would have done much better with the team if I weren't so terrible with Spidey.

Edit:

Don't know if these were posted yet, but here are some combos with Dat Clint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utNWD0IYdQ0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9tas-Iv-Ms&feature=related
Forward M can give you a OTG off a throw.

Killa Sasa said:
Last update before I go to my scene's final Vanilla tourney (no chance of urley ultimate here T_T):

Spidey's lazy one hit kill is still in, and it's better now. Catches all techs, yo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjYtJ5qh6_M&feature=youtu.be

Hopefully he can't be hit out of it by anything none invincible.

And why are all his colors so badass? This game is so pretty.
nice, but i was planning on dumping otg assist since he has his own now.

ultim8p00 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEy-gDpd-3c&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

37 seconds in

Tasky can now combo into M+H legion arrow, AND he can follow it up into jumping legion arrow. I can see why he got the damage nerf. Coupled with X-factor and he would have been GOD tier if they kept his vanilla damage scaling.

You're about page late, bro.

I had a hnng moment then, the emotions I felt.. euphoric...
3AQmK.gif

Majority of Hawkeye's damage is going to be based around the poison arrow. If you plan on using Hawkeye, learn how to implement the poison arrow into his combos. That is where his real damage is going to come from.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Finally got to try a lobby with three people. Spectating works great and there was no lag with the players I was with. You actually have to toggle spectating on, however, which I found stupid.

I'm getting completely annihilated in most matches (get me a corner and I'm done), but learning a lot and finding who I want to stick with. Although he feels stiff and slow, I am liking Ghost Rider. Was able to shut down a lot of long range stuff with his normals, especially crouching H. Also am having fun with Rocket Raccoon and Nova. I think the only new characters I don't care for so far are Dr. Strange and Nemesis, although that's just from messing with them in training and not from seeing them in action.

Have already seen some amazing Vergil and Firebrand stuff.

Lyte Edge

Karsticles said:
How does toggling Spectating work? Does the host decide, or?...

Can you jump in and start watching mid-match?

It's set up exactly the same way as toggling the ready status works; enter a lobby and you now have the option to toggle being ready to play and to spectate on/off.

If a match is already going on, you have to wait until the next match to start spectating.

Ra1den said:
No lag you say? This excites me...

No lag in those matches I spectated, yeah. I have a feeling most people are going to find the online play exact the same as MvC3's overall.

I'm very much an amateur/shit Vs. game player and have never taken these games seriously. The only way this will change is really going to be due to how well KOF XIII plays online in comparison.

Also I know it's still URLEY and all, but I've already played against a nice diverse roster of characters, unlike MvC3 which felt like Wolverine/Dante/Akuma/Zero combinations dominated everything in random matches.

Lyte Edge

Karsticles said:
3 people on SRK are saying the netcode is much better as well. Might I actually have hope?

Thanks for the Spectator Mode info.

It's too early to judge the netcode when it's primarily just people in a few select locations playing online at the moment.

I've already had my share of horrid 0 or 1 bar matches.

Mit-

I still have no hope for the netcode.

Also that projectile from Hawkeye isn't OTG'ing, his back throw causes ground bounce :O

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Lyte Edge said:
It's too early to judge the netcode when it's primarily just people in a few select locations playing online at the moment.

I've already had my share of horrid 0 or 1 bar matches.
Isn't it lobbies this time around? Are you like not allowed to leave or something?

Mit- said:
I still have no hope for the netcode.

Also that projectile from Hawkeye isn't OTG'ing, his back throw causes ground bounce :O
No, I think it might OTG. Otherwise, how is the freeze shot working?

Also, I love the fact that a forward air throw leads to 2 Poison Arrows.

Is there anywhere I can watch the mission mode stuff for UMvC3? I know someone posted up Vergil/Zero/Ryu, but they were all made private so I can't watch. :|

Nevermind, I found it elsewhere on youtube. ^_^

Managed to snag myself a US copy of the game for ps3 despite being in Canada. Feels good. Still not sure if Canucks are getting screwed on the dual cover.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
LakeEarth said:
Hmm, Thor seems to have a little over 1.2 million health. The last combo was at 1.204 and he still had the magic pixel going.

He has always had 1.25 million.

smurfx

get some go again
it is done umvc3 gaf! i have finally completed my last goal for mvc3 and that is joining the comic lord ranking. today i retire and officially move on to ultimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom