• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSLink

Banned
Grecco said:
Max said doing Dantes combos are harder, but they removed his reccas so wouldnt that make them easier?
Not necessarily, makes doing the moves easier, but linking them together is harder due to hit stun changes and such.

Arde5643

A Pretty Panda said:
What in the world... Ryu's health started to drain in his power up mode. It's slight but it's there. Has this been mentioned before anywhere?
It's only 25k - very negligible decrease for the buffs he get in denjin.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I wish more hypers would get that slight visual cue that the hyper was mashed rather than them just doing more damage and hits.

Mupod

How lenient is the mashing for purposes of reaching max damage? You had to mash pretty damn hard in vanilla to get Haggar's punch super up to its maximum potential.

Also can you 'piano' the inputs across all your buttons or does it only count one button?

Mupod said:
How lenient is the mashing for purposes of reaching max damage? You had to mash pretty damn hard in vanilla to get Haggar's punch super up to its maximum potential.

Also can you 'piano' the inputs across all your buttons or does it only count one button?
pretty sure its all your buttons

LegatoB

Parallax Scroll said:
I just tested Rekkoha. It's 30 hits and identical damage whether or not you mash.
Thank god. I was not looking forward to trying to mash max hits on two buttons while holding a third to take advantage of my Free Buster Charge window during the move. I'm glad the old "every character has a mashable super!" reports didn't carry over to the release build.

386457_2473087781114_1069985230_2839178_1763328048_n.jpg

Got from Sony Store today!

Bought a new PS3 Slim as I didn't want to mess up my hacked PS3 lol. PS3 INSTALLS GOD DAMN....

Characters I wanted to learn today:

Vergil
Nemesis
Iron Fist
Ghost Rider

Characters I actually learned today:

Vergil

But at least I've already got a decent team (Zero/Wesker/Vergil).

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
LegatoB said:
The damage from Rekkouha is the same both times -- does that mean that mashing doesn't affect it? Boy, I really hope that's true!
There have been a few supers he's shown when the damage was identical; not sure why.

Aesthet1c

Man I'm so stoked for this game but reading everyone's posts is like reading Greek. I realized I know nothing about the intermediate to advanced MvC stuff.

Do you guys have any advice to help a newbie out? Maybe a decent starting team or some websites with with newbie friendly info?

I played a little bit of MvC3 but didn't get a chance to dive into it too much. I'm planning on changing that with UMvC.

Aesthet1c said:
Man I'm so stoked for this game but reading everyone's posts is like reading Greek. I realized I know nothing about the intermediate to advanced MvC stuff.

Do you guys have any advice to help a newbie out? Maybe a decent starting team or some websites with with newbie friendly info?

I played a little bit of MvC3 but didn't get a chance to dive into it too much. I'm planning on changing that with UMvC.
GAF's own Maximilian has made a ton of awesome tutorial videos. This is a good one to start with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voYbwnP-pgI

Masamuna

Random findings for Mr. Rand:

Completely wrong about 1 hit rekka whiff xx SK rekka. On hit or block/whiff it has to be 2 rekka's before you can do a Special Rekka.

I gotta work on advance guard bait. Feeling beyond free right now.

Chi-armor will possibly be very intergral in the future. Not the best example but I ate Vergil's Killer Bee with BluChi activation and canceled into LP rekka > MP rekka to win a game. Using it to either bait block strings or to even eat up someone elses armor move (ie dash in on Hulk, standing LxxBLU his standing H) seems possible. Supposedly all Chi's have on point of armor, and since you can cancel into them.....Gonna have to try this.

If the hitbox on f.H is good you can possibly use it to AA and go into an air loop > subsequent rekka filler.

The first midscreen BnB I could find of over Overhead is:

MK rekka, LP rekka, SK rekka, dash s.H, f.H xx LP rekka, HP rekka xx Fists Hyper

Midscreen it should work on most sizes. 600kish. In the corner s.H will hit and cross under allowing you to keep them in the corner. I tried to add an air loop after f.H but HSD or my horrible timing strikes again.

Hidden missiles works okay for him. Spencer however may be his tru BFF. Slantshot gives him a free relaunch/crumple on most if not all of his combos. How solid is it for controlling vertical space? Striders teleport kick gives him immediate relief in controlling airspace. Not sure if i'm a fan of jam session though.

Forward airthrow is solid. Puts them right at his feet and most normal jump heights don't feel too hard to score a combo off of.

B.H negates some projectiles. Someone mentioned it earlier and yeah it feels like AE twins double palm.

He can instant overhead off of f.H with j.L on most characters. Can't seem to actually capitalize on it unless their bigger.

j.H has hitbox for daaays

That's all on my mind right now. Trying to utilize Tasky's new instand web swing xx M arrows. Feels soooo good.

GatorBait

So, who here is part of beginner-to-intermediate skill level PSN GAF? Would like to get a regular group to play/spectate with during the week.

Aesthet1c said:

Heres a team in mvc3 thats is really good and easy to learn. Wolverine, wesker, akuma.

GatorBait said:
So, who here is part of beginner-to-intermediate skill level PSN GAF? Would like to get a regular group to play/spectate with during the week.

That'd be me, whenever I pick the game up. Add me if you like. PSN ID is the same as my GAF name:

<---- (corrosivefrost)

Just let me know it's a GAFer in the friend request.

Degen

GatorBait said:
Unfortunately I'm the best PSNGAF has to offer but I'd love to assist you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom