• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Smo21 said:
ft5 Tuesday in UMVC to see if i belong?

I don't know what ft5 means, but I'm hoping to start a Scrub tourney a week after the game comes out. How people perform in there will signal if they're really a scrub. Generally though you should have an idea of your skill level based on how you've performed against other people.

smurfx is a no then. Current list:

A Human Becoming - ICallItFutile
Bark252 - Bark252
Parallax Scroll - ParallaxScroll
robot - pepperjack
d0c_zaius - d0c_z5000
Smo21 - The Smo Show
Banana Kid - John Dudebro
striKeVillain! - StriKeVillain
Gunstarheroes - Gusntarheroes77

Parallax Scroll said:
Right now I'm running Zero/Wesker/Vergil, but I haven't looked into the Wesker/Vergil synergy very much yet.
Tell me how that works out. That's the group my friend will most likely be using. You could throw some tips his way (against my better judgement).

0q4nh.png

GLORIOUS

smurfx

get some go again
man hawkeye's arial shot assist helps out taskmaster so damn much. ghost riders heartless spire would help out hawkeye so much. right now i'll work on some task/hawk tactics and then involve ghost rider.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
A Human Becoming said:
I don't know what ft5 means, but I'm hoping to start a Scrub tourney a week after the game comes out. How people perform in there will signal if they're really a scrub. Generally though you should have an idea of your skill level based on how you've performed against other people.

Bark252 - Bark252
robot - pepperjack
d0c_zaius - d0c_z5000
Smo21 - The Smo Show

You can feel free to add me. Like Smo, I'm not sure how scrubby I am compared to the rest of GAF: GuardianE9999

mszr7s.jpg
e5paub.jpg
24zw5mo.jpg

*sigh* Never being able to see my win screen like this depresses me more than it should.

Also, I suggest that the link to these images shold be added to the "make your team" section.

I wish I knew how to use Zero...lol

(or anyone really...man I was ass in vanilla).

Still not sure if I'm picking this up anytime soon tho...I will eventually but then I'll be even worse..lol.

:(

A Human Becoming said:
Tell me how that works out. That's the group my friend will most likely be using. You could throw some tips his way (against my better judgement).
Well I chose this team because Zero was my main in vanilla, I'm sick of Wolverine and Akuma (and they got nerfed) so I'm dropping them, I already had an OK Wesker, and Vergil looked like a character I would enjoy playing. It's starting to look like I lucked out on that Wesker/Vergil decision. I haven't settled on assists yet besides the obvious Wesker OTG.

Theorycrafting for a moment, I've got:
- 2 characters who can power up their assists
- 2 great battery characters and a meter hog
- 2 of the best anchors in the game, and I wouldn't mind being down to just Zero either since he's my best character
- A team that's still highly effective after any one or two of the characters has died
- Priority out the ass
- All 3 characters who are manageable with my level of execution

So on paper, I think it's a pretty good team. :3

Grecco said:
Zero/Wesker/Vergil doesnt make much sense. Either run Wesker/Vergil or Zero/Vergil
Care to elaborate? I mean, you need 3 characters...

A Human Becoming said:
This is who I have for the scrub360 group:

Bark252 - Bark252
robot - pepperjack
d0c_zaius - d0c_z5000

Anyone else want to be added?

U forgot Q

Also what do yall think is going to be the best lockdown assist for mixup in ultimate? Mainly high/low, no teleport.

d0c_zaius

A Human Becoming said:
d0c_zaius - d0c_z5000

sorry, I f'd up. Theres no _ in gamertags.

Its just d0c z5000. I'll be playing a lot too in the evenings and weekends...and if anyone is in Santa Monica and wants to set up something local, I know a bunch of people that play regularly.

oh and sent out invites to the rest of the scrub group. I refuse to be antisocial this time.

Mupod

I still can't tell if Ghost Rider's alt is actually supposed to be GR 2099 or not. If it is, it's halfassed and they didn't change the bike :(

kunonabi

Well if they don't have mutiple colors I'm not going to bother. Really lazy on their part especially if it is already on disc.

EDIT: except for scarlet spider. I can't pass that one up.

A Human Becoming said:

Bark252 - Bark252
robot - pepperjack
d0c_zaius - d0c_z5000
Smo21 - The Smo Show
I'd be down to play some Scrub UMvC3 this week, but I'm on PS3. :(

Giard

I'm gonna be getting the game during the week-end probably, add me to Scrub 360. On played vanilla once at a friend's house.

Is it a gamertag like MahvelGAF?

gamertag: LeGiard

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing these high-res alts pop up here must rub extra salt in the wound of those banned for posting crappy camera shots of the guide.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
SolarKnight said:
He means the team order...at least I think so.
I didn't. My friend will likely have Wesker first (like in vanilla), but that's all I know.
Giard said:
I'm gonna be getting the game during the week-end probably, add me to Scrub 360. On played vanilla once at a friend's house.

Is it a gamertag like MahvelGAF?
Not yet. I'm not sure if it's necessary.

The Broken Ska Record said:
I'd be down to play some Scrub UMvC3 this week, but I'm on PS3. :(
Theres a few folks already on board for some PS3 scrub play. Check back a few pages. I'm honestly not sure how terrible I am since I rarely play other people but I dont think I'm very good. My PSN id is TheMadnessBeast

vg260

Lulubop said:
A Human Becoming said:
While not surprising, still a douchebag move.

God, not this again. Do people not understand how development works?

You seriously thought the alts weren't already complete? Of course they're gonna be completed alongside the game's development. That was never a question.

What would you rather? They keep them on their servers so you have to download all of them or put them on the disc? Either way you can't use them until you pay.

They're not gonna go to he work of doing all these within the core games budget. That's a given. So, the issue is not if they're "on disc" or not. That's a logistical argument. It's whether or not the content is worth the price to use.

If you think they're worth buying, there's no reason to complain about the storage location.

So, my original vanilla team was Skrull/Ryu/Taskmaster
Now, i think it will be West/Ryu/Hawkeye
Other teams will still be West/Wright/Haggar, Sentinel/Modok/Tron, Felicia/Ammy/Firebrand, and finally, Virgil/Dante/Strider.
I'm sure i'll do some other random stuff later, but those are it for now.

devastatorprime said:
Theres a few folks already on board for some PS3 scrub play. Check back a few pages. I'm honestly not sure how terrible I am since I rarely play other people but I dont think I'm very good. My PSN id is TheMadnessBeast
Coolio. I'll look when I get the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom