• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parallax Scroll said:
DHCing out of Vergil's Dimension Slash is tricky because it sometimes crosses up so you have to reverse your inputs, but Vergil's invisible while the super is active so it's hard to tell when you've crossed them up. I'm gonna see if I can figure out the pattern to it.

Delay it as much as possible. The opponent is in an unrecoverable state until they hit the ground. (i.e, hard knock down)

vergil can actually do his hyper twice without x-factor from that (as per Isedelica's combos)

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Delay it as much as possible. The opponent is in an unrecoverable state until they hit the ground. (i.e, hard knock down)

vergil can actually do his hyper twice without x-factor from that (as per Isedelica's combos)
Yep, I just came to that conclusion. If you wait until just after the last bubble disappears, you seem to end up on the same side where you started.

I was messing with his DHC, cause now I can do Rapid Slash -> Devil Trigger -> combo -> super -> DHC, and afterwards you've got powered up Vergil assists.

Also, this puts them into the PERFECT spot for big damage on Maximum Wesker. New best friends indeed.

Degen

Playing vanilla Marvel on Ranked is the most terrible preparation ever..

Any more of this and I'd be convinced that Wesker, Dante, Wolverine, Akuma & Phoenix are the absolute worst characters in the game... Dante being the worst of all. Only when somebody busts out a random character like Shuma or Modok do you get a real fight, so I guess theyre the top tier on Ranked

Mupod

Degen said:
Playing vanilla Marvel on Ranked is the most terrible preparation ever..

Any more of this and I'd be convinced that Wesker, Dante, Wolverine, Akuma & Phoenix are the absolute worst characters in the game... Dante being the worst of all. Only when somebody busts out a random character like Shuma or Modok do you get a real fight, so I guess theyre the top tier on Ranked

heh, are there any 1st ranked people still kicking around? I won't be home until tomorrow night but I'd like to try and get my last achievement before the new game comes out.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Mupod said:
heh, are there any 1st ranked people still kicking around? I won't be home until tomorrow night but I'd like to try and get my last achievement before the new game comes out.

Yes they still do. Just put ANY ANY ANY in your search.

smurfx

get some go again
lol i want to play ultimate right now but i would rather just stay in bed with my laptop and be on the internets. i won't be able to play much ultimate this month or next either.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Still haven't played vanilla MVC3, how was the original game received by fans? I'm pretty excited to check it out on Tuesday when I pick up Ultimate.

smurfx said:
lol i want to play ultimate right now but i would rather just stay in bed with my laptop and be on the internets. i won't be able to play much ultimate this month or next either.
Want to give me some protips then? You bodied me pretty hard. What do you think I should work on to improve?

smurfx

get some go again
Parallax Scroll said:
Want to give me some protips then? You bodied me pretty hard. What do you think I should work on to improve?
i don't remember our match too much. i was doing most of my damage with taskmaster. i don't even know if its worth it coming up with many anti tasky strategies since i have a feeling many people will drop him for other characters. honestly other than my 3 characters i don't know any about the others. i hardly ever played them. you saw that when i used chris and captain america. all my anti strategies were made with zero/task/haggar in mind. don't know if what i came up with works with other characters. i think i should buy a stick first before i start taking this game seriously. i want to use ghost rider but i know this damn pad i use will make life hard for me.

GatorBait

Twisted-Gamer said:
Ill have this on the 15th :) it would be cool to jump into a group on PSN after 6pm eastern

just gotta tear myself away from skyrim :p

Viper/Nova/Dorm team Day 1

PSN: RuinerPrime
Is your PSN ID RuinerPrime or KingRuiner? I noticed you posted two different names in this thread.

smurfx said:
i don't remember our match too much. i was doing most of my damage with taskmaster. i don't even know if its worth it coming up with many anti tasky strategies since i have a feeling many people will drop him for other characters. honestly other than my 3 characters i don't know any about the others. i hardly ever played them. you saw that when i used chris and captain america. all my anti strategies were made with zero/task/haggar in mind. don't know if what i came up with works with other characters. i think i should buy a stick first before i start taking this game seriously. i want to use ghost rider but i know this damn pad i use will make life hard for me.
yeah it's not like i use zero or anything

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Dartastic said:
Dayung sun.
I'm so sorry. I had awful job luck also, and that's why I'm getting my MBA. Hopefully that works out.
Good luck with that. I want to wait a few years before going for my Master's.
spindashing said:
Egh. I'm sorry, man. I'm trying to find some part time work myself. Applying to just about anything/everything is fun but depressing at the same time.
Yeah no kidding. I applied a to Home Depot online, got a robo call saying they'd call me about a job if it was available and never heard back. :( Not that I want to work at Home Depot; just got my fing bachelor's degree.
shaowebb said:
Take that noise out of my face. College is my way out of no where WV and I don't plan on looking back. So far my prospects as an animator seem solid. Of course I'm willing to move anywhere in the world for this career though so my options may be more numerous than yours.
PM me. I got the hookup on job leads thanks to my school. Its tied to just about every job engine, private industry listings, government listings, and newspaper on the planet. I'm even finding things in europe for folks through them. I didn't choose a college that would put me $80k in loan debt for nothing...they're pretty top tier. Maybe I can help.
Haha I live in nowhere NH so I empathize. I appreciate the offer, but I'm actually moving to D.C. for an internship in January. I'll definitely keep that in mind in May if the offer still stands. I'm only in $23k in debt, but I also owe my parents a lot of money, so it's more like ~$50k. :S
akilshohen said:
1-2 interviews EVERYWHERE since I moved out to LA/Hollywood and no hit....
I've applied to at least a dozen places; positions that are paramount to my career and the typical retail shit. At least point I'll be leaving so soon even just a holiday job seems fruitless.

Mupod said:
I once fought someone with a connection so bad that the match lasted TEN MINUTES. It didn't end in a timeout either, I beat him with furious laggy hulk mashing with like 12 seconds left on the clock.

At least he apologized for it afterwards.
What's really bizarre is when they ask for a Rematch....

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
This is who I have for the scrub360 group:

A Human Becoming - ICallItFutile
Bark252 - Bark252
Parallax Scroll - ParallaxScroll
robot - pepperjack
d0c_zaius - d0c_z5000

Anyone else want to be added?

Pompadour

Does anyone know if Frank's assists get boosted when he gains experience? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere so far.

Also, I'm planning on running a Wesker > Frank > Vergil team and I was wondering if they should in a different order. I chose this since Vergil seemed like a good anchor and I think it would be pretty easy to start a combo with Wesker, down TAC into Frank and finish off with a 2 bar team super to get an easy level 5. I'm only questioning the order since it seems Wesker and Vergil DHC into each other very well.

smurfx

get some go again
A Human Becoming said:

Bark252 - Bark252
robot - pepperjack
d0c_zaius - d0c_z5000

you can add me. smurfxzilla

Smo21

A Human Becoming said:

Bark252 - Bark252
robot - pepperjack
d0c_zaius - d0c_z5000

Im down for leveling up!
The Smo Show

A Human Becoming said:

Bark252 - Bark252
robot - pepperjack
d0c_zaius - d0c_z5000

I am scrubby as hell.

John Dudebro

A Human Becoming said:

Bark252 - Bark252
robot - pepperjack
d0c_zaius - d0c_z5000

I'd like to be added too.

XBL: StriKeVillain

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Smo21 said:
Define Scrub? I would like to not be one anymore... 0_0

A scrub is a now generalized term used as a synonym for a "noob" or "newb," which is someone who is bad at a video game or activity in general.
LeMaximilian said:
Ghost Rider - Vergil - Rocket Raccoon : UMVC3 Quickie Combos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_N-33Zv65w

Didn't have the time to make a full combo video, but still wanted to use some of the leftover footage. Just a few demonstrations.
Will there be another Marvel Madness soon? I enjoyed the last one.

SykoTech

Extollere said:
Nah, that wasn't what I was saying. I was just asking how fan reception was to the game.

The fighting is extremely good. Plenty of fun characters and different playstyles to go around too. I liked MvC2 a lot, but I haven't gone back since playing Marvel 3 and don't think I can.

The problem was how barebones the overall package was, particularly the online modes. No Spectator Mode of all things was just embarrassing. Thankfully it's all been addressed in Ultimate.

Oh nice, I can properly display my day one team now:

2cdjql.png
RdS2jl.png
7awJ3l.png

Yeah - I'm pre-ordering at Best Buy, lol

King Awesome said:
Also, I'm planning on running a Wesker > Frank > Vergil team and I was wondering if they should in a different order. I chose this since Vergil seemed like a good anchor and I think it would be pretty easy to start a combo with Wesker, down TAC into Frank and finish off with a 2 bar team super to get an easy level 5. I'm only questioning the order since it seems Wesker and Vergil DHC into each other very well.
What I've heard on SRK is that Vergil's a good anchor since he can do awesome shit with meter, but that his assists (once in Devil Trigger mode) are also godlike. So that could be a reason to put him earlier in the team.

Right now I'm running Zero/Wesker/Vergil, but I haven't looked into the Wesker/Vergil synergy very much yet. I'm still mostly just learning Vergil solo.

Also, this is just a casual observation, but if I do Wesker's gun OTG into THC on this team, it does very nice damage. More than some other Wesker teams I've played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom