• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really hoping for Hobo Phoenix, but I guess the Feenie outfit is good. :(

KzOGIl.png
HzY8xl.png
GkJH0l.png

I forget how order goes in the win screens, but Ryu is my anchor and Joe is my starter.

Solune

FindMyFarms said:
Also what do yall think is going to be the best lockdown assist for mixup in ultimate? Mainly high/low, no teleport.
I think the new Overhead assists are gonna be brutal in this game, because there was a lack of them in Vanilla. I think Nova's Overhead especially for high/lows. Lockdown looks like Dr.Strange's Eye of Agamotto looks pretty good.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
2&2 said:
God, not this again. Do people not understand how development works?

You seriously thought the alts weren't already complete? Of course they're gonna be completed alongside the game's development. That was never a question.

What would you rather? They keep them on their servers so you have to download all of them or put them on the disc? Either way you can't use them until you pay.

They're not gonna go to he work of doing all these within the core games budget. That's a given. So, the issue is not if they're "on disc" or not. That's a logistical argument. It's whether or not the content is worth the price to use.
No, I realize they worked on them during development. It doesn't bother me if a company's cut off point of what will be available at retail is (many) months prior to release , giving a period of time to development content to be sold separably. I just think any software that is on the disc is software you paid for, so I would rather they keep them on their server so I have to download them all for that reason. It sounds silly I know, but it pisses me off less. They can afford the small bandwidth price. I don't like "unlocking" features I feel I already paid for; it's the worse kind of nickel-and-diming.

Tobe

i friend got a
pirated
copy and i got to play a bit. game seems really weird maybe it was the tv lag but i felt a lot of delay on the launchers, and well magneto needs to rework his gameplan. tried hawkeye and the slide is really good. iron fist is really fast on the ground, tried derpgil but could really get anything started. need to try it at home calmly. for sure the game feels really weird. though ive only played 30 minutes maybe thats why.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
_dementia said:
What does HMD stand for?

Yahoo Answerss:

According to a Wikipedia article, under "Trivia", Joe's "HMD" shirt is a reference to one of the programmers for Mega Man 2. I looked up credits for the game, and, sure enough, under programmer is the initials "H.M.D."

kunonabi

A Human Becoming said:
No, I realize they worked on them during development. It doesn't bother me if a company's cut off point of what will be available at retail is (many) months prior to release , giving a period of time to development content to be sold separably. I just think any software that is on the disc is software you paid for, so I would rather they keep them on their server so I have to download them all for that reason. It sounds silly I know, but it pisses me off less. They can afford the small bandwidth price. I don't like "unlocking" features I feel I already paid for; it's the worse kind of nickel-and-diming.

What should really happen is you unlock the alts when you finish a characters trial mode. Leave the DLC for Heroes & Heralds booster packs and extra alts down the line.

smurfx

get some go again
is weskers phantom dance faster on start up or something? played this one guy and i was in the air when he did it and all 3 times i was hit. i blocked for sure but i still got hit. oh and dark phoenix is still fucking good.

Azure J

Curse you inability to resize transparent PNGs, you deny me the pleasure of showing off Team Devil's Night Out for the umpteenth time. :p

Anth0ny said:
mother fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

That model is waaaaay too fucking good to just be a alt. Methinks Niitsuma & crew actually worked on X for a bit, ran into a demand from upper management/time delay and scrapped everything but the look since its base is similar to Zero.

That said, I still believe. #MegamanXforPringlesEd

Toski

A Human Becoming said:
I don't know what ft5 means, but I'm hoping to start a Scrub tourney a week after the game comes out. How people perform in there will signal if they're really a scrub. Generally though you should have an idea of your skill level based on how you've performed against other people.

smurfx is a no then. Current list:

A Human Becoming - ICallItFutile
Bark252 - Bark252
Parallax Scroll - ParallaxScroll
robot - pepperjack
d0c_zaius - d0c_z5000
Smo21 - The Smo Show
Banana Kid - John Dudebro
striKeVillain! - StriKeVillain
Gunstarheroes - Gusntarheroes77
You can add me to the scrub 360 tournament.

GT: Outlaw Viper

AzureJericho said:
Curse you inability to resize transparent PNGs, you deny me the pleasure of showing off Team Devil's Night Out for the umpteenth time. :p

Upload it to tinypic and resize it there? It's what I did :p

Anth0ny

AzureJericho said:
That model is waaaaay too fucking good to just be a alt. Methinks Niitsuma & crew actually worked on X for a bit, ran into a demand from upper management/time delay and scrapped everything but the look since its base is similar to Zero.

That said, I still believe. #MegamanXforPringlesEd

Exactly. I would believe you if you said Zero was an alt costume for X (if I didn't know any better, of course).

Nils said:
Yahoo Answerss:

According to a Wikipedia article, under "Trivia", Joe's "HMD" shirt is a reference to one of the programmers for Mega Man 2. I looked up credits for the game, and, sure enough, under programmer is the initials "H.M.D."
Damn, it'd be straight bullshit if he doesn't end up on the roster come Pringles edition.

Way too much

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
smurfx said:
is weskers phantom dance faster on start up or something? played this one guy and i was in the air when he did it and all 3 times i was hit. i blocked for sure but i still got hit. oh and dark phoenix is still fucking good.

Did it cross you up? Or did you backdash during the Hyper flash?

Teknoman

A Human Becoming said:
I don't know what ft5 means, but I'm hoping to start a Scrub tourney a week after the game comes out. How people perform in there will signal if they're really a scrub. Generally though you should have an idea of your skill level based on how you've performed against other people.

Bark252 - Bark252
robot - pepperjack
d0c_zaius - d0c_z5000
Smo21 - The Smo Show

Tell me how that works out. That's the group my friend will most likely be using. You could throw some tips his way (against my better judgement).

I guess sign me up. TeknomanEX. I'm not extremely bad or anything, but i'm definitely not SSS tier.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Teknoman said:
I guess sign me up. TeknomanEX. I'm not extremely bad or anything, but i'm definitely not SSS tier.
You're not a scrub then! :p How have you done online? Play anyone from GAF before?

scrub360 group is bigger than I expected. Half probably aren't scrubs, but we'll find out.

smurfx

get some go again
GuardianE said:
Did it cross you up? Or did you backdash during the Hyper flash?
i don't know if it was pad problems or what because sentinel then hit me with a shot i should of blocked but then it got through. it was a very laggy match so who knows if that had something to do with it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
smurfx said:
i don't know if it was pad problems or what because sentinel then hit me with a shot i should of blocked but then it got through. it was a very laggy match so who knows if that had something to do with it.

Weird. I imagine it's just lag problems there. I know that it's very easy to accidentally air backdash during a Hyper flash if you were already holding back. You may have accidentally let go and pressed back again on your pad, and since all inputs are read during the Hyper freeze, it would count it as a backdash. But Wesker's Hyper can also still cross up randomly, I think.

But you probably already know this, so I dunno what else it could be.

A Human Becoming said:
You're not a scrub then! :p How have you done online? Play anyone from GAF before?

scrub360 group is bigger than I expected. Half probably aren't scrubs, but we'll find out.
Is a 40% win rate with over 100 ranked matches considered scrubby?

RS4-

A Human Becoming said:

Bark252 - Bark252
robot - pepperjack
d0c_zaius - d0c_z5000
Smo21 - The Smo Show

Tell me how that works out. That's the group my friend will most likely be using. You could throw some tips his way (against my better judgement).

FT5 = first to 5.

can I get in on this as well? I'm more of a non VS player lol.

"rs4-" - "dokterrhouse"

Mit-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tZdrWhpNfXU#!

Has Magneto always had that purple aura under him when he's just standing there?

RS4- said:
FT5 = first to 5.

can I get in on this as well? I'm more of a non VS player lol.

"rs4-" - "dokterrhouse"

I know they're not the same games, but after playing you in 3S I can't imagine you as a scrub. At all XD

Also, I don't really consider myself a scrub, but the very definition of mediocre and I've never gotten past 9th ____ rank and have been demoted thrice. Do I count for that? >.>

I have a 100% win rate on my other account I can't recover
only 12 games!

you can add "OGK stersauce" on XBL until I get my other account fixed :(

LegatoB

Tobe1 said:
i friend got a piratedcopy and i got to play a bit. game seems really weird maybe it was the tv lag but i felt a lot of delay on the launchers, and well magneto needs to rework his gameplan. tried hawkeye and the slide is really good. iron fist is really fast on the ground, tried derpgil but could really get anything started. need to try it at home calmly. for sure the game feels really weird. though ive only played 30 minutes maybe thats why.
You're not very bright, are you?

RS4-

SolarKnight said:
I know they're not the same games, but after playing you in 3S I can't imagine you as a scrub. At all XD

Also, I don't really consider myself a scrub, but the very definition of mediocre and I've never gotten past 9th ____ rank and have been demoted thrice. Do I count for that? >.>

Haha, yeah mvc3 was the first time I actually bothered to play a vs game, or rather a Marvel game, I'm just more of a traditional SF player.

Ok I did grind my way to uhh, first lord or whatever it is in Marvel 3 out of sheer boredom since there was nothing else to play

kunonabi

There seems to be some talk on SRK that Tron's beacon bomb can still trap in combos according to the guide, could a gaffer test that out for me?

Nils said:
Yahoo Answerss:

Niitsuma and Eighting never miss an opportunity to troll MM fans. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom