• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Current scrub360 group:

A Human Becoming - ICallItFutile
Bark252 - Bark252
Parallax Scroll - ParallaxScroll
robot - pepperjack
d0c_zaius - d0c z5000
Smo21 - The Smo Show
Banana Kid - John Dudebro
striKeVillain! - StriKeVillain
Gunstarheroes - Gusntarheroes77
GuardianE - GuardianE9999
Giard - LeGiard
akilshohen - Akilla05
Toski - Outlaw Viper
Teknoman - TeknomanEX
RS4 - dokterrhouse
Stabby McSter - OGK stersauce
shaowebb - Dynasty Penguin
Lyte Edge - lyte edge
Ken - Chocopolka
Mupod - Mupod
Bookey - Therealbookey
Anth0ny - fps anth
IntelliHeath - IntelliHeath
koryuken - Koryuken
dankir - D O N K E R

This list is three times larger than I expected.

Around the 22nd I hope to start a scrub tournament that lasts for two weekish, depending on how it goes. Matches would be decided randomly to give everyone a fresh start. The rest of the details can be ironed out later. I'm thinking about making an IRC channel for communicating outside of GAF and Xbox Live.

Soulstar

Kyoufu said:
Starting Scrub PS3 list:

PSN ID - GAF User Name

Kyoufu - Kyoufu
RobotZero - The Broken Ska Record
Dragon17013 - Degen
A Pretty Panda - FullFlej
JazzmanZ - Pixeltendo
Lyte Edge - lyteedge2

Add me to the list my PSN ID is thelovecook

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Yo, can I be on scrub360 group? I'm gonna go hard in this game. The last one I only played for a couple days.

Mit-

Does DLC Dark Phoenix look different?

Trying to think of other characters that have different phases that we haven't seen from the guidebook, similar to Arthur.

Bizazedo

SolarKnight said:
Haha, well, can't say we didn't see that coming. What about the ones I do though?
I actually don't know how to do yours :). I never had to. Like I said, I got spoiled after figuring out how to do mine.

Yours probably works and I need to learn it. What's the notation?

FSLink

Banned
EMBw3l.png

Welp, my last match in vanilla and I lost to X-Factor'd Wolverine. (Not that I'm much better since I use Wesker)
Shoutouts to Eseif for owning my ass.

Bizazedo

QisTopTier said:
I'm planning on using a Nem team after I get firebrand and rocky down. Pretty much everyone I see use him have done it super fucking wrong.
I'd love to see you play them all well, because I have no idea how to play Nem very well and Rocky and Firebrand do so little damage right now.

Bright side, it's insanely hard for Nova to hit Rocky due to how his normals work and the small size of Rocky, but Zero crushes Rocky.

Espada

Mit- said:

Trying to think of other characters that have different phases that we haven't seen from the guidebook, similar to Arthur.

Don't expect much. Yellow changes to red, and blue changes to yellow, and she looks crazy.

120ikxi.png

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Mit- said:

All the phoenixs have specific DP alts now. Check out the victory poses.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
FUCK, WHERE CAN I FIND OUT WHERE TO BUY THIS GAME EARLY IN PORTLAND? ALREADY PREORDERED ON AMAZON, BUT I CAN CANCEL THAT SHIT.

Mit-

Ah, lame, would've been cooler if they had a Dark Phoenix-specific model :(

And Dark Phoenix had four colors in Vanilla. It's just impossible to see them with all that fire everywhere. Though the new black-haired one should be a lot more obvious.

Espada

Mit- said:
Ah, lame, would've been cooler if they had a Dark Phoenix-specific model :(

And Dark Phoenix had four colors in Vanilla. It's just impossible to see them with all that fire everywhere. Though the new black-haired one should be a lot more obvious.

That's actually my favorite Dark Phoenix color, and I agree that it'll definitely be more noticeable through all the effects.

Stabby McSter said:
YOU'LL FEAR THE IDEA OF HAVING A HARD TIME HITTING HIM :(
OH YEAH? WELL.........OH YEAH?

Admittedly this is Day 1 stuff I'm talking about, but unless your character has no projectiles (or a really bad one), Raccoon ain't shit. Like I mentioned before, Raccoon's projectiles either lose to Voomerangs, or in the case of Log Trap, get cancelled out.

I really want to see someone abuse the fuck out of his mobility options. THEN I'll have a reason to take him seriously.
SolarPowered said:
Who came first?
I think Alpha 1 came out after Darkstalkers.

EDIT: Yeah, DS came out in 94, Alpha in 95.

Solune

So since there's a scrub gaf mixer going on, who's non-scrub GAF (PSN).

Other than myself

We got:
Karsticles
Q
Ultimoo
God's Beard(?)
Findmyfarms(?)

Meeting place still the same chat room? I need another invite since my old ps3 is dead and I haven't been able to salvage it yet.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Professor Beef said:
OH YEAH? WELL.........OH YEAH?

Admittedly this is Day 1 stuff I'm talking about, but unless your character has no projectiles (or a really bad one), Raccoon ain't shit. Like I mentioned before, Raccoon's projectiles either lose to Voomerangs, or in the case of Log Trap, get cancelled out.

I really want to see someone abuse the fuck out of his mobility options. THEN I'll have a reason to take him seriously.

I think Alpha 1 came out after Darkstalkers.

EDIT: Yeah, DS came out in 94, Alpha in 95.
Donovan wasn't in the first Darkstalkers I thought?

Solune said:

Other than myself

We got:
Karsticles
Q
Ultimoo
God's Beard(?)
Findmyfarms(?)

Meeting place still the same chat room? I need another invite since my old ps3 is dead and I haven't been able to salvage it yet.
Add Prototype
Sephiroth
Cloudius

FSLink

Banned
Solune said:

Other than myself

We got:
Karsticles
Q
Ultimoo
God's Beard(?)
Findmyfarms(?)

I'm say I'm pretty non-scrubby though I'm not pro or anything. amodestproposal's my PSN.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I think I'm gonna play Ryu-Chun Li then either Zero or a new character as my team.

Chun Li and Ryu got buffed nicely.

Solune

We got:
Karsticles
Q
Ultimoo
God's Beard(?)
Findmyfarms(?)
Prototype - How could I forget you doh
SephirothRK - Need dat Salty runback
Cloudius - Never ran it back yet?
amodestproposal

ReiGun

Welp, managed to finally get 4th Lord in my last ever Vanilla session. I am now officially average. Huzzah. :)

My PSN is Reigun16. Add me to non-scrub list, I guess.

Tizoc

Regarding Dan and Donovan-
Darkstlkers 1: 1994 (No Donovan)
SF Zero 1: 1995 (Prototype Dan)
Darkstalkers' Revenge: 1995 (Donovan's 1st appearance)
SF Zero 2: 1996 (Dan vigorously introduced to the FG world)

So if anything, both Dan and Donovan were introduced in the same year.

IMO donovan would be an interesting addition in UMvC3; they could expand on his element summons and his sword would be a good mix-up tool. He would be one of the more complex characters to play in the game.

God's Beard said:
If places are selling it early, someone must be posting about it on facebook/twitter. I found out where to get it in socal from a facebook post.

Tizoc said:
IMO donovan would be an interesting addition in UMvC3; they could expand on his element summons and his sword would be a good mix-up tool. He would be one of the more complex characters to play in the game.
also there aren't any characters with swords yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom