• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Timedog said:
iyoa6w8hUWWDh.gif

What is this from???
Here in Baltimore, we like to get hype, American Gladiator style.

Mit-

Timedog said:
What is this from???
Wednesday Night Xanbats.

From the Xanadu crew. They're from like, Maine or something? I believe it's SkiSonic's hometown. EDIT: Maryland**, sorry

EDIT: Ninja'd

Tizoc

Parallax Scroll said:
also there aren't any characters with swords yet
notsureifserious.jpeg

Weeeeeeeeeeeeell you could say that there aren't any characters who use swords in a unique fashion in this game?

Solune said:
We got:
Karsticles
Q
Ultimoo
God's Beard(?)
Findmyfarms(?)
Prototype - How could I forget you doh
SephirothRK - Need dat Salty runback
Cloudius - Never ran it back yet?
amodestproposal

Why is there a question mark by my name lol

Kyoufu said:
Current PS3 scrubs:

PSN ID - GAF User Name

Kyoufu - Kyoufu
RobotZero - The Broken Ska Record
Dragon17013 - Degen
A Pretty Panda - FullFlej
JazzmanZ - Pixeltendo
Lyte Edge - lyteedge2
Darshiro - Kintaro
securitypurpose - BeautifulMemory
Nert23 - Nert

If you want to add yourself just include this list plus your ID from the most recent addition.

You can add me, for whenever I get the game.

corrosivefrost - corrosivefrost

Solune

Non Scrub PSN list.
We got:
Karsticles
Q
Ultimoo
God's Beard(?)
Findmyfarms
Prototype
SephirothRK
Cloudius
amodestproposal
Reigun16
FindMyFarms said:
Why is there a question mark by my name lol
Come on big guy, we never played in MvC3 at all only in SF4. And I still went out of my way to add you!

Rikuo would break the game with his handsome smile.

Sasquatch. Would. Be. Broken.

But imagine the lines Jedah would have with Dorm.

Also, loving the IF being happy happy cancel guy. So funny.

Alright so for everyone who has the game already is there really only one CG video? Nobody has unlocked a second video? Its truly dissapointing if so, especially sine we have seen X-23 vs Nemesis and Hawkeye & Cap vs Firebrand yet those scenes are not present in the final video =(

CPS2

I know there's at least 3 or 4 aussies in this thread, are you guys on psn or xbl? My current gamertag is xT1GERSTYLEx and i should be up for some games on weekends assuming the netcode doesn't suck too much ass.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
devastatorprime said:
Alright so for everyone who has the game already is there really only one CG video? Nobody has unlocked a second video? Its truly dissapointing if so, especially sine we have seen X-23 vs Nemesis and Hawkeye & Cap vs Firebrand yet those scenes are not present in the final video =(
They didn't want an M rating
Im making this up

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I REALLY want to get into Marvel, but when I tried to play Vanilla Marvel I didn't "get" it, but maybe I was overthinking it. None of the moves leave you open if you miss them, which pisses me off. Everything is way too safe. It seems like there's no footsies and very little punishing of whiffed moves. Like it's just going around the screen and trying to find creative ways of fishing for a light attack or a launcher to start a combo.

So is that what I need to do to play, just fish for that first hit (rather than waiting to punish things), know when to use assists, and then make sure I have my combos down?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Timedog said:
So is that what I need to do to play, just fish for that first hit (rather than waiting to punish things), know when to use assists, and then make sure I have my combos down?
It's still footsie-ish, the pace is just 20 times faster. It really depends on who you are using but the overall goal is to keep the characters in the spots and situations that favor your characters best techniques and learning when to call assist. It's really not that hard to pick up, you just gotta throw out the SF mentality of taking things at a steady pace. Oh and be more afraid of getting hit.

edit: god damn it I hate when I double post on accident =.=

shaowebb

QisTopTier said:
As a martial artist I am SO offended by that Cosplumper. C'mon man its a cartwheel ...you can't even do a cartwheel.

Also this is as close to a real life hurricane kick as I've ever witnessed in martial arts.
Shit is HARD to do and pretty impractical but man does it deserve props when a guy hits one for forms and two man sets. K-tigers gotta be the best at this kind of performance stuff maaaaaaaaybe tied with a few Capoeira mestre's and their crews that I've seen on bilang.com and hypermartialarts.com (forgot bilang went out and isn't back yet).

God I love this stuff.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thanks for the new vid, Max:) Really enjoyed that Felicia play, quite looking forward to playing her, and learning what her new combos will end up being topping out at. Frank and Strange were awesome, too. Strange seems to be the ultimate tool for characters who have almost no answers to full screen punishes and buffed keep-away.

Also, respect for Segata Sanshiro discussions, haha.

QisTopTier said:
It's still footsie-ish, the pace is just 20 times faster. It really depends on who you are using but the overall goal is to keep the characters in the spots and situations that favor your characters best techniques and learning when to call assist. It's really not that hard to pick up, you just gotta throw out the SF mentality of taking things at a steady pace. Oh and be more afraid of getting hit.

edit: god damn it I hate when I double post on accident =.=
So, how do I get around DAT zoning? :0

I feel like even blocking is only a matter of when I die

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom