• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
QisTopTier said:
You pray because airdashing in wont be an option in UMvC3 soooo if you want to practice how to get in, you got two main choices.

Teleports with an assist to cover the teleport.
Wave dash in with an assist to let you in.
Even then it's not like it's free for you once you are inside cause
1. I'm good at blocking in general save for random moments were my brain shuts off or latency.
2. Taskmaster is a douche bag.
The last choice and the silly one to pick is to out zone me... :p
Taskmaster is a douche! Y'all know this already but my god the damage off the projectiles...I know it's addressed in Ultimate so we will see!

And tbh...given my slow fingers maybe zoning back is a better idea :0

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
corrosivefrost said:
Added: corrosivefrost - corrosivefrost

Edit: Oh shit. If Degen is a scrub, I must be ultra scrub. He floored my Dante/Wesker/Akuma team in the PS3 MvC3 tourney in the first round back in May, I think. ;)

Degen is trolling and needs to be removed from this list. ;P

Dirtbag

Real talk, does anyone actually feel good about winning by zoning the whole game?
It's definitely a strategy, and it has more depth then some people might give it credit for... but I've always felt like such a doucher cheeseball laying back and throwing fireballs covered with assits. Cheesing out a win I understand, but playing a whole match of zoning. UGH

FindMyFarms said:
Ahh ok, well shit, there's an easy way with dante!

@beautiful memory - Get a good cover assist, like doom beam or rocks, which is a good idea anyways since doom is godmode in this game.

Easy get in strat is when they're grounded (Usually try to time this after he lands from a jump) do f+H+Doom Assist at once, then jump cancel the f+H into a teleport. Boom, you're right next to task and the doom assist stops him from getting an easy punish. Best part? They get hit by doom assist then you just got a freebie combo.
Ewww Doom! Hidden missiles! You are right, and really, I got to learn those characters. I primarily pick characters based off my preference whether or not they are a good fit or I'm good at them. Can I just use Dante/Doom/Donamaru?

Fanboy team is Dante / Vergil / Wesker

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Updated scrub360 group:

A Human Becoming - ICallItFutile
Bark252 - Bark252
Parallax Scroll - ParallaxScroll
robot - pepperjack
d0c_zaius - d0c z5000
Smo21 - The Smo Show
Banana Kid - John Dudebro
striKeVillain! - StriKeVillain
Gunstarheroes - Gusntarheroes77
GuardianE - GuardianE9999
Giard - LeGiard
akilshohen - Akilla05
Toski - Outlaw Viper
Teknoman - TeknomanEX
RS4 - dokterrhouse
Stabby McSter - OGK stersauce
shaowebb - Dynasty Penguin
Lyte Edge - lyte edge
Ken - Chocopolka
Mupod - Mupod
Bookey - Therealbookey
Anth0ny - fps anth
IntelliHeath - IntelliHeath
koryuken - Koryuken
dankir - D O N K E R
Timedog - TimedogGAF
GhostRidah - ghostridah012
ultim8p00 - D3vinchi
Sir Garbageman - Sir Garbageman

I'm surprised PS3 scrub is almost the same size.

Kyoufu

Lyte Edge said:
Degen is trolling and needs to be removed from this list. ;P

I want to be violated by him first :)

The only reason I bailed on vanilla so early was because the netcode just made aerial combos too difficult with that added lag. Totally gimped any combos I had practised on in training mode.

If the netcode is better this time, then I suspect some good matches. I'm going to play to have fun though, and I hope others do too.

Also, my PSN list is full so I can't add a few people at the bottom of the scrub list.

edit:

OSHAN said:
If someone could add me to the PSN scrub list I would appreciate it.

Post your ID and I'll add you.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I think the biggest thing that will hurt the game in reviews is that Heroes & Heralds isn't in place at launch. Some reviewers may be smartz enough to know it's coming, but they probably won't really factor it in. H&H is the kind of fun content mode that average / casual players would get a lot of value out of in a fighting game package.

I'd at least hope that some reviewers will bother to even mention that there's a meaty free DLC mode coming soon after launch.

Dirtbag said:
Real talk, does anyone actually feel good about winning by zoning the whole game?
It's definitely a strategy, and it has more depth then some people might give it credit for... but I've always felt like such a doucher cheeseball laying back and throwing fireballs covered with assits. Cheesing out a win I understand, but playing a whole match of zoning. UGH
I hate it. The game is 99% more than just zoning. At least how I look at it now is that there has to be ways punishing it, especially against equally skilled opponents, , otherwise we would see pros winning just by zoning

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Kyoufu said:
Legendary Dark Scrubs of PS3 GAF:

PSN ID - GAF User Name

Kyoufu - Kyoufu
RobotZero - The Broken Ska Record
Dragon17013 - Degen
FullFlej - A Pretty Panda
Pixeltendo - JazzmanZ
lyteedge2 - Lyte Edge
Darshiro - Kintaro
securitypurpose - BeautifulMemory
Nert23 - Nert
hansuramu_jp - Netto-kun
Negatorz - Negator
thelovecook - Soulstar
ScalpelKnight - Scalpel Knight
Kirblar - Kirblar
KingRuiner - Twisted-Gamer
Ace_235 - Ace_235
rukland - rukland
Raiden2000 - Ra1den
corrosivefrost - corrosivefrost
GunnerGlory - GunnerGlory
Aesthet1c - Aesthet1c
MrMephistoX - MrMephistoX
ihearthawthats - ihearthawthats
djplaeskool - djplaeskool
kevo_huevo - kevo_huevo

I'll make a scrub chat once I add everyone.
PSN: LuckyAaron13 add plz. Ill make you scrubs look good.

Kyoufu

Dirtbag said:

I'll find methods of closing that gap (hello Vergil) so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Of course, the road to becoming good enough to close gaps with success may be a painful one.

A Human Becoming said:
I think the IGN reviewed use the phrase "the game is still pretty light on new modes." fives times. Not that they're wrong, but they could have at least mixed the wording up.
scrubby reviewer only knows one string

Takuan

Add PSN: SteakJuice to the scrubs list.

Does anyone who's pre-ordered know how the costume codes come in? Are they sealed with the box or e-mailed after the fact?

Bizazedo said:
This still bugs me to this day and I'm sure it comes down to $$ with Evo.
The reason they use PS3s at Evo is becase Sony donated a bunch of them years ago. I vaguely recall Mr.Wizard and the Cannons expressing that they would not mind switching to 360 is the community demanded it, but there is an incredible number of consoles they would need to do so and have the tournament run on schedule.

GuardianE said:
I pretty much always consider myself a scrub because I have an inferiority complex. :p

Based on some posts, I might not belong in there. "Scrub" is such a difficult term to define because I feel like it's a comparative term. A scrub to one person isn't a scrub to another. How average do you have to be to be considered a scrub?
Probably something like a 40% win percentage. Most people that are good at the game should have a better than 50% chance of winning against someone even two or three ranks higher than them.

My two cents...

Takuan said:
Add PSN: SteakJuice to the scrubs list.

Does anyone who's pre-ordered know how the costume codes come in? Are they sealed with the box or e-mailed after the fact?
From Amazon's page:
Access code will be e-mailed within two business days after your order ships.
Usually, Amazon gets the codes the day the game ships. Usually. Not sure how other retailers work. I'm sure GameStop has the code on the receipt and Best Buy has a leaflet in the game case.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I'm trying to recall an intro from this gen with more hype, but really can't.

(There's probably one or two, but the awesome made me forget)

IronLich

Hey GAF, add me to the PSN scrub list.

PSN: RADRAD1985
East Coast player if GAF's looking for someone on that side of the US.

Today is going to be one long day.

MrMephistoX

A Human Becoming said:
Updated scrub360 group:

A Human Becoming - ICallItFutile
Bark252 - Bark252
Parallax Scroll - ParallaxScroll
robot - pepperjack
d0c_zaius - d0c z5000
Smo21 - The Smo Show
Banana Kid - John Dudebro
striKeVillain! - StriKeVillain
Gunstarheroes - Gusntarheroes77
GuardianE - GuardianE9999
Giard - LeGiard
akilshohen - Akilla05
Toski - Outlaw Viper
Teknoman - TeknomanEX
RS4 - dokterrhouse
Stabby McSter - OGK stersauce
shaowebb - Dynasty Penguin
Lyte Edge - lyte edge
Ken - Chocopolka
Mupod - Mupod
Bookey - Therealbookey
Anth0ny - fps anth
IntelliHeath - IntelliHeath
koryuken - Koryuken
dankir - D O N K E R
Timedog - TimedogGAF
GhostRidah - ghostridah012
ultim8p00 - D3vinchi
Sir Garbageman - Sir Garbageman

I'm surprised PS3 scrub is almost the same size.
Getting both versions so please add me too: MrMephistoX

_dementia said:
The reason they use PS3s at Evo is becase Sony donated a bunch of them years ago. I vaguely recall Mr.Wizard and the Cannons expressing that they would not mind switching to 360 is the community demanded it, but there is an incredible number of consoles they would need to do so and have the tournament run on schedule.

Isn't it because they had all those PS3s around for Tekken 5 DR as well?

I personally dislike all the tournaments using PS3. My local gatherings use 360 at least. For some reason, they use PS3 for MK9. It's like all 3D games have to be on PS3, haha. Dumb awesome dualshock controllers.

I wish EVO moved to 360's myself.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Most reviewers won't know or won't care about the Heroes or Heralds mode not being included on the disc. Those that do may not factor it in too because they don't feel it's right to judge something they haven't played yet, so I'd say the lack will certainly hurt reviews.

EYEL1NER

GuardianE said:
Hmmm, well that would certainly mean they're selling it. :p I never really looked into it, I just remember someone posting about it. They could have been full of it.

EDIT: it's definitely available for pre-order on Kmart.com, so I guess it'd be in stores too?
It is available on Kmart.com, but it will not be sold in stores. Josh (Kmart Game Division Head Honcho) said on CAG that because of lackluster sales of MvC3 in their stores, leaving shelves stocked with copies still, they will not carry the game in-store.
Online pre-orders would be different though, because they know accuratly how many to get. There is no point for them to order thousands of copies if they still have Vanilla sitting on the shelves though.

It bummed me out, because I would have loved to have gotten another free copy of the game, but oh well. Kmart would have had no pre-order bonuses, so I'm getting 12 costumes without Kmart. If they had carried the game, I would have had to have bought a fourth copy then.

Takuan

The Broken Ska Record said:
From Amazon's page:

Usually, Amazon gets the codes the day the game ships. Usually. Not sure how other retailers work. I'm sure GameStop has the code on the receipt and Best Buy has a leaflet in the game case.
Thanks. I'm in Canada, but I'm sure it's a similar process. Pre-ordered with GStop, Best Buy, and Future Shop (BB Jr). I don't think any other stores are doing the pre-order bonuses. If there are, then I'm going to pre-order with them, too.

Add Hyperfludd to the PSN Scrub list. I'm on the east coast, already have the game. Would be nice to check out that chatroom feature that's rarely used for this.

Takuan said:
Thanks. I'm in Canada, but I'm sure it's a similar process. Pre-ordered with GStop, Best Buy, and Future Shop (BB Jr). I don't think any other stores are doing the pre-order bonuses. If there are, then I'm going to pre-order with them, too.
So you're going to buy the game three times? o_0

ThatCrazyGuy said:
Isn't it because they had all those PS3s around for Tekken 5 DR as well?

I personally dislike all the tournaments using PS3. My local gatherings use 360 at least. For some reason, they use PS3 for MK9. It's like all 3D games have to be on PS3, haha. Dumb awesome dualshock controllers.

I wish EVO moved to 360's myself.
what other than the frame drops make the ps3 so bad or what makes the 360 better? (and i'm assuming/hoping that the frame drops are no longer present in umvc3).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Bark252 said:
Love the extended trailer!!! It's hard to see some of the cast but some fights aren't zoomed in. So HYPED for tomorrow!

Yep, that bugged me.

Ammy and Dorm is in background with Thor and Trish, Akuma vs Storm is in background of Hsien ko vs Taskmaster.

She-Hulk was in battle against Jill (Dark figure) It was hard to see her but I knew she-hulk was fighting against someone.

zlatko

Banned
Darn. Amazon still on shipping soon. :(

This is what happened last year with my black ops order. Hopefully it makes it in the morning, because UPS/Fed Ex never seems to come out to my place after around 1PM and I'm forced to wait till the next day.

Luckily for me if it doesn't show up...

Skyrim! :D

dankir

IntelliHeath said:
Yep, that bugged me.

Ammy and Dorm is in background with Thor and Trish, Akuma vs Storm is in background of Hsien ko vs Taskmaster.

She-Hulk was in battle against Jill (Dark figure) It was hard to see her but I knew she-hulk was fighting against someone.

Seriously though should have added shots of those other battles and at least make Jill visible. I mean look at how fucking huge Shuma Gorath is lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom