• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also this is kinda random but friends at Gamestop have been telling me they've been playing Max's dramatic tutorial vids for Ultimate on Gamestop tv before the stores open. They were like, "yeah, Doom has Bison dollars and the guy on the couch turns into Ghost Rider!".

robut said:
Also this is kinda random but friends at Gamestop have been telling me they've been playing Max's dramatic tutorial vids for Ultimate on Gamestop tv before the stores open. They were like, "yeah, Doom has Bison dollars and the guy on the couch turns into Ghost Rider!".
Is that just a local thing?

Parallax Scroll said:
Oh snap. Jaguar Kick is good.

gamerbee2.jpg

Seriously though, I'm ass at this game and I just figured out an easy execution 406k combo using jaguar kick with no meter, no assists, no glasses buff. I think that's a good start.

Edit: Sigh, I took the jaguar kick out and it did more damage. LOL damage scaling.

Solune

Non Scrub PSN list:
Karsticles
Q
Ultimoo
God's Beard(?)
Findmyfarms
Prototype
SephirothRK
Cloudius
amodestproposal
Reigun16
theonekid0
Bizazedo
FullFlej.
Bizazedo said:
Sorry. It's Bizazedo :).
Added
A Pretty Panda said:
Ggs Dragon17013! (not sure of his gaf name)
Um, can I be put on the non scrub list? My psn is FullFlej.
If anyone from the scrub list wants to play or anything I'll be down for that.
Added
corrosivefrost said:
So glorious
_dementia said:
LOL Amazing, It might even be true if Arturo is really picking up the game.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Live people. Get ready tomorrow. Day one blowups. Don't forget to follow.

Oh yeah, I'm yelling at Art right now because he bought the game when I said I was going to for him.

Go ahead and add me to the scrub lists

X360 Str0ngStyle
PS3 Str0ngerStyle

I'm not sure which one I am getting yet so you can add me to both

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Parallax Scroll said:
Does mashing affect THCs? The damage tends to be inconsistent on THCs so it's hard to tell.

Damage on THCs has always been kinda inconsistent because of the nature if them. 3 hypers flying around all at once can do wildly different things damage wise depending on where you stand on screen and even then it can be finicky. Won't be able to pick up the game tomorrow even if my early EU connection comes through.

Kyoufu

Mahvel Scrubs - PS3

PSN ID - GAF User Name

Kyoufu - Kyoufu
RobotZero - The Broken Ska Record
Dragon17013 - Degen
FullFlej - A Pretty Panda
Pixeltendo - JazzmanZ
lyteedge2 - Lyte Edge
Darshiro - Kintaro
securitypurpose - BeautifulMemory
Nert23 - Nert
hansuramu_jp - Netto-kun
Negatorz - Negator
thelovecook - Soulstar
ScalpelKnight - Scalpel Knight
Kirblar - Kirblar
KingRuiner - Twisted-Gamer
Ace_235 - Ace_235
rukland - rukland
Raiden2000 - Ra1den
corrosivefrost - corrosivefrost
GunnerGlory - GunnerGlory
Aesthet1c - Aesthet1c
MrMephistoX - MrMephistoX
ihearthawthats - ihearthawthats
djplaeskool - djplaeskool
kevo_huevo - kevo_huevo
LuckyAaron13 - tapedeck
SteakJuice - Takuan
OSHAN - OSHAN
AnkiRendan - AnkiRendan
RADRAD1985 - RADRAD
HyperFludd - HyperFludd
Vercimber - Vercimber
KoKuTan_Kaizoku - SnakeSlashRO
McNum - McNum
MoTheHawk - Mo The Hawk
Str0ngerStyle - Str0ngStyle

Just a note that my PSN friends list is full so if you want in on the PS3 scrub chat you'll need an invite from someone else.

Professor Beef said:
The fuck? Why did Dahbomb get banned?

Most of them are. Call ahead and check. I'm going to be getting mine tonight.

K. thx - isn't there some way to verify online at gamestop's website which particular store is doing midnight?

lowhighkang_LHK said:
K. thx - isn't there some way to verify online at gamestop's website which particular store is doing midnight?

Call ahead. If you pre-ordered, they will usually tell you when you can pickup.
My store is doing a midnight release, so the time on the message was 12:01 AM Tuesday.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Professor Beef said:
The fuck? Why did Dahbomb get banned?

Most of them are. Call ahead and check. I'm going to be getting mine tonight.

He was one of the many that got banned because of the alt costume scans.

Still trying to figure out assists and team order for Zero/Wesker/Vergil. In vanilla I used Zero's Shippuga assist to extend combos, but the system-wide nerf to hitstun on assists seems to have lessened Shippuga's usefulness. I switched Zero to Ryuenjin (uppercut) assist, and surprisingly I was able to combo with Wesker by doing knockdown, call Ryuenjin, OTG gun, superjump, then continue the combo in the air. Interesting...

About those Isedelica combos, juggling with the Spiral Swords super is harder than it looks.

MiniBossBattle said:
I just ordered the strategy guide and haven't even ordered the game yet. What is wrong with me.

I don't see the problem here.

Also... WTF, I know I got UMVC3 PS3 URLEY, but my Amazon 360 Copy has not shipped yet! It says ill get it the 17th.... WTF... Halo has shipped already!

Xevren

lowhighkang_LHK said:

Most places probably will due to Assassin's Creed coming out.

Mupod

MiniBossBattle said:
I just ordered the strategy guide and haven't even ordered the game yet. What is wrong with me.

I did the same, mostly because I'm not expecting to be able to find one in stores. I was shocked that my local EB even got a single copy of the last one (which I grabbed immediately).

Man, it's weird doing this superjump followup combo with Wesker. You're at superjump height but S loses its knockdown property. This is probably old-ass tech but it's my first time doing this sort of combo. Well, aside from some Vergil stuff yesterday.

I've been on a mini Thor binge. Watched the movie again, and playing through the movie game.

Man, I wish Thor threw his hammer around more in MVC3, and used electricity more. And I wish it had that "thump" when it hit something like in the movie.

The Abominable Snowman said:
Good. Hopefully we get a Vergil nerf and soon

XBL - Vagabond_01 (I'm not sure how good i am... may be high tier scrub?)

complex isedelica meter burning non-tourney viable Vergil combos aside - looking at match videos I'd worry more about Dr. Strange.

I said goddamn he's got an answer for everything. And I've never seen a more "when in doubt - do his hyper level 1" It's the herp-derp of all hypers.

McNum

Mmm... Thor. I need to see that movie, forgot to catch it in theaters. Always liked Marvel's Thor. He's classy and carries a big hammer. And he's the best smack-talker in the cast. I really want to try out Ultimate Thor and see if he's better than Vanilla Thor. Granted, at my level, it's not that much a difference, but still. That standing M knockback was odd on a grappler-type. Why would I WANT the opponent all the way over there? I want them here, in Mighty Hurricane range.

Ah well, going to try him out again here, I play a basic Zangief in SF4, I know the fearlessness of the high health grappler already. I still think he and Felicia might work out fairly well together, but that's still pure speculation, because who honestly has a Thor/x/Felicia team planned, other than me? I still need to figure out the middle one, too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom