• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
add me to 360*
jobber4wcw

*If I dominate 80% of the players on the list, I reserve the right to remove myself from this "scrub"list.

I got Dat Mahvel Urley for PS3!

But I have a question, it seems I have been fighting a lot of people from NYC ( -.- how do I know? they all have NY on there PSN names ) I myself am from So Cal.

I have been playing Vanilla on 360, I have fought people from NY before and had lagless matches, but in Ultimate ill have full bars but I still have this VERY VERY slight button lag, the other guy is wrecking me and I am messing up normal comboes!

Not only that the PS3 dpad, it seems after I do QCF I have to hold F like a small millisecond longer and press A (B or C whatever) to do a special attack, its like the controller is off or something? I just bought a new slim and I am using the new controller...

Anyone know whats up?

McNum

You know, add me to the PSN scrub list, too. PSN ID is "McNum", just like my GAF name.

I'm in Europe, though, so I'd prefer to fight other EuroPSN GAF scrubs. Maybe a general location tag would be good on the list? I have a good connection, though. Wired, of course. I could use a bit of motivation to keep playing, and it's more fun to get better at a game when you have someone to compare to.

I got about 50 games total online on my belt, between MvC3 and SF4 combined... and a 20% win rate.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Say, silly little question for folks who got urley marvel...

1. Did they do anything to optimize the slowdown problems on the PS3 side?

2. Meanwhile, on the 360 side, I always noticed in every match there was a tiny hiccup and freeze for a moment about 10 seconds after the match started. Every time, on and offline. That still there?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Kaijima said:
2. Meanwhile, on the 360 side, I always noticed in every match there was a tiny hiccup and freeze for a moment about 10 seconds after the match started. Every time, on and offline. That still there?

At about 93 seconds... so annoying when you got an early combo. I'd like an answer to this one too, please.

Maybe we can get the PSN and XBL lists posted in the OP?

Caj814 said:
Goodbye Vanilla. . .you had a nice long run and tons of lab time but in a few hours it will be time to move on.

I present. . .
MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3 THE LAST HURRAH VOL. 3 THE FINALE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv7_7RCKMck
Brilliant as always. Your videos always make me go "oooooo" the most.

You also have good music taste.

What do you use to record and edit everything? I'm looking into getting equipment.

h3ro

Just got shipping confirmation from Newegg!

Forget URLEYY, I'm just happy to not be getting it LAAYYTE.

Stay free, capcom store.

Bizazedo

GuardianE said:
At about 93 seconds... so annoying when you got an early combo. I'd like an answer to this one too, please.
Oh god, I'm not the only one, then.

Yes, it's irritating. It doesn't happen for me everytime, though. Sometimes, when I reset the machine, it goes away.

It's very odd.

I haven't experienced it at all in Ultimate, though.

SnakeSlashRO said:
I got Dat Mahvel Urley for PS3!

But I have a question, it seems I have been fighting a lot of people from NYC ( -.- how do I know? they all have NY on there PSN names ) I myself am from So Cal.

I have been playing Vanilla on 360, I have fought people from NY before and had lagless matches, but in Ultimate ill have full bars but I still have this VERY VERY slight button lag, the other guy is wrecking me and I am messing up normal comboes!

Not only that the PS3 dpad, it seems after I do QCF I have to hold F like a small millisecond longer and press A (B or C whatever) to do a special attack, its like the controller is off or something? I just bought a new slim and I am using the new controller...

Anyone know whats up?
You're right about that, as I have gone up against you online multiple times and I live in NY! (Though I don't have NY in my name.) I haven't had any problem performing any QCF on my duslahock 3 in Ultimate, though.

Eh?

I dunno what you guys are talking about, but the game starts quickly online.

I knew I should have made some online videos... I didnt think it mattered since I just got the game 3 days early lol.

But You can now select the person once you found them on random fights ( same or ANY etc) you will see the connection (green bars and whatever) also you can ready to fight them, or go back to training or arcade and search for another.

Hyperfludd said:
You're right about that, as I have gone up against you online multiple times and I live in NY! (Though I don't have NY in my name.) I haven't had any problem performing any QCF on my duslahock 3 in Ultimate, though.

Heyyy its you! Did I add you? or did we meet randomly? Your name looks similar to your psn name. ( is it the same?)

Whoa, somebody taught Haunts how to fix his reviews, this one flows much better ^_^

You can still tell that he's trying as hard as he can not to write his review for the SRK crowd though lol
Too bad 1up isn't like how EGM was with the multiple reviewers, a lot of non-fighting game players might not have any idea what parts of the review mean.

SnakeSlashRO said:
Heyyy its you! Did I add you? or did we meet randomly? Your name looks similar to your psn name. ( is it the same?)
It's the exact same, yep. Got matched up quite a few times in Ranked, getting destroyed by you pretty much every time. Me and my buddy were taking turns with every match, haha.

h3ro said:
Just got shipping confirmation from Newegg!

Forget URLEYY, I'm just happy to not be getting it LAAYYTE.

Stay free, capcom store.
Same here! Capcom Store can eat a dick.

I played in campus earlier: I am loving Hawkeye and Nova.

I hope online flows better once the game has been out for a while...

I remember Vanilla on 360 sucked the first few weeks. REMEBER TRYING TO GET INTO RANKING!? Fuck that, thats why I was a 9th lord till like march. Never could get into ranked matches.

Anyway ill be playing on both 360 and PS3... depending on which room I am in lol. I want to get some sticks for either system... eventually...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Kaijima said:
Say, silly little question for folks who got urley marvel...

1. Did they do anything to optimize the slowdown problems on the PS3 side?

Nope on #1 and I have experienced #2 on PS3 as well, when playing in arcade mode.

_dementia said:
Tell that to my boy Lyte Edge, lol

Yup, I can't hate when they sent it way URLEY. Capcom Store rocks!

I would say to add me to the ps3 scrub league but hold off on that for a bit...not sure when I'll get it.

PSN: Roynell317

also fuck the NBA

Solune

Non Scrub PSN list:
Karsticles
Q
Ultimoo
God's Beard(?)
Findmyfarms
Prototype
SephirothRK
Cloudius
amodestproposal
Reigun16
theonekid0
supasmashed said:
Been lurking even though I have an account lol, but now that ultimate is coming out it'd be nice to play with some of you gaffers. I'd like to think I'm not a scrub, more than happy to be proved wrong though. my psn is theonekid0
Added
Bizazedo said:
Throw me on, Bizazedo. On 360 atm, but PS3 copy will be coming.
Give PSN ID =p

I'm not really sure if I should add myself to scrub or non scrub list PSN yet lol. I'm going to wait until I spend an entire day playing first, but typically I'm pretty decent at all fighters.

IntelliHeath said:
I think MVC3 trailers is more hype than UMVC3 trailers. I would love to see them doing full motions trailers for all characters in UMVC3:AE. REDEMPTION!

I like it how they stuffed all characters in and few characters didn't even get close zoom in.
It would've been the most epic fighting game trailer ever made if it had motion for all the characters.
Parallax Scroll said:
Did Wesker's OTG gunshot link into cr.B get easier? Or am I just better at it now
I'm pretty sure they made it easier.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Parallax Scroll said:
Did Wesker's OTG gunshot link into cr.B get easier? Or am I just better at it now

Does Wesker have his sunglasses on or off? I think that it's probably a much easier link with the glasses buff.

LakeEarth

zlatko said:
Darn. Amazon still on shipping soon. :(
This is why I don't pre-order anymore. Just go to the store and buy it release day, done. When was the last time there was a major title that was completely sold out and impossible to find?

Then again you lose the chance of it magically arriving early.

Bizazedo

Solune said:
Give PSN ID =p
Sorry. It's Bizazedo :).

GuardianE said:
Does Wesker have his sunglasses on or off? I think that it's probably a much easier link with the glasses buff.
Good thought, but it's easier even with the glasses on. They tweaked some stuff in the game.

Honestly, it feels a lot of stuff execution wise got easier. My buddy who mains MODOK was even saying it felt like it was easier to do his combos.

Now, it could just be an Everquest "J-boots feel slower", but I think it's easier.

Of course, Nova's OTG timing feels tight :(.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ggs Dragon17013! (not sure of his gaf name)

Um, can I be put on the non scrub list? My psn is FullFlej.

If anyone from the scrub list wants to play or anything I'll be down for that.

Degen

Oh man, I may not be able to let go of Taskmaster... so good...
then there's Ghost Rider, who would probably save my team from zoning--
WHAT AM I SAYING?? TEAM ARMORUUUUUU SMASH NEUTRALIZE STAAAAAARS

stealth edit: GGs man! Nobody who DHC glitches, air resets and cross-ups in the same match is a scrub, lol

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Lol yeah. You're not really all that bad either, you got you combos down pat for the most part. All you really need to do is call your assists more.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Bizazedo said:
Sorry. It's Bizazedo :).

Good thought, but it's easier even with the glasses on. They tweaked some stuff in the game.

Honestly, it feels a lot of stuff execution wise got easier. My buddy who mains MODOK was even saying it felt like it was easier to do his combos.

Now, it could just be an Everquest "J-boots feel slower", but I think it's easier.

Of course, Nova's OTG timing feels tight :(.

That's gonna mess me up so hard, dammit Capcom!

Kyoufu said:
Legendary Dark Scrubs of PS3 GAF:

PSN ID - GAF User Name

Kyoufu - Kyoufu
RobotZero - The Broken Ska Record
Dragon17013 - Degen
FullFlej - A Pretty Panda
Pixeltendo - JazzmanZ
lyteedge2 - Lyte Edge
Darshiro - Kintaro
securitypurpose - BeautifulMemory
Nert23 - Nert