• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Zissou

What's a typical rocket raccoon grounded hit confirm? All of his normals end up unsafe on block, so do get to the H and cancel into a safe special, or do you rapid fire l's to confirm before going into a combo?

Did you miss his post in the weekly thread? He doesn't like or care about the drama and just wants to play. A good position.

hey man, accept my req on PSN already! im growing tired of playing randoms on psn, and (youre west coast too right?) i figure you or beef or any other west coast gaffer would be online when i play, but that hasnt been the case.

Dahbomb

Did you miss his post in the weekly thread? He doesn't like or care about the drama and just wants to play. A good position.
Yea I missed the post, just wanted some opinion from someone who was actually there and was also from GAF. If he doesn't want to talk about it then that's fine, I respect that.

hey man, accept my req on PSN already! im growing tired of playing randoms on psn, and (youre west coast too right?) i figure you or beef or any other west coast gaffer would be online when i play, but that hasnt been the case.

Done. I haven't been online for a day or two because I forgot I needed to install an update. I can probably play you around 1 today.

Dahbomb

Is it true that the new Wolverine movie will be taking place after X men 3?

That's a bit weird considering the story that it's based off should be taking placing much before that but then again with the garbage entry that was Wolverine: Origins this might not be so bad. With characters like Jean, Cyclops and Professor X already dead in the continuity, it will make for a much more intense Wolverine.

Dahbomb

Wolverine Origins got a lot of deserved and undeserved hate.
There is no undeserved hate for Wolverine Origins.

Wolverine2.gif

Dahbomb

It's not a good movie by any stretch of the imagination. It's easily the worst X men movie out of all the ones released.

X Men 2 >>>> First Class > X Men 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> X Men 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Booty Butt Cheeks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wolverine Origins

All the other X Men at least had special effects that looked like they passed the alpha stage.

Worse than X3? Hardly. I felt cheated after I saw that, but I thought Origins was fun as hell. Maybe it helps that I don't take any of the movies seriously.

Sorry Louse my internet crashed <_<

That's fine. Do you want to try again?

Edit: I keep forgetting people can post from their phone. I thought your internet came back when you said that. I guess that's it for now, then. GGs.

You're pretty good at playing through lag. Even after a few seconds of freezing, you pick up combos right where you left off. I've never seen anything like it.

Dahbomb

Worse than X3? Hardly. I felt cheated after I saw that, but I thought Origins was fun as hell. Maybe it helps that I don't take any of the movies seriously.
I felt cheated after watching Origins. Well actually I felt cheated after watching both but with Origins more so. Movie was hyped up to hell plus all the casting seemed fine (Deadpool, Gambit, Sabertooth, Silver Fox etc) and of course it's FUCKING WOLVERINE! It would've been more difficult for them to screw up a movie about a single character but they done goofed that up big time. Sabertooth being Wolverine's brother was something I just could not take. Neither could I take the laughably bad action sequences or super Deadpool as the final boss in a bad CG video game stage.

X3 had the bad ass Magneto ripping the bridge apart scene at least.

I felt cheated after watching Origins. Well actually I felt cheated after watching both but with Origins more so. Movie was hyped up to hell plus all the casting seemed fine (Deadpool, Gambit, Sabertooth, Silver Fox etc) and of course it's FUCKING WOLVERINE! It would've been more difficult for them to screw up a movie about a single character but they done goofed that up big time. Sabertooth being Wolverine's brother was something I just could not take. Neither could I take the laughably bad action sequences or super Deadpool as the final boss in a bad CG video game stage.

X3 had the bad ass Magneto ripping the bridge apart scene at least.

I don't think there was anything I liked about X3, looking back on it. The needless deaths, the botching of a potentially good plot with a "mutant cure," and Juggernaut in general.

Solune

Gotta say I agree with Beef, X3 is like the trainwreck that you have to see how bad it is plus CG Patrick Stewart *yuck*.

Origins was ok, I don't think it was great but serviceable. Deadpool was REALLY bad though, like REALLY bad. Plus Gambit screen time lol.

Dahbomb

CG Prof X > CG Wolverine claws

Kelsey Grammar as Beast was cool. Plus it's not like Origins did any of the side characters any justice either. Lol @ Gambit indeed.

Neither movie were serviceable in fact both did a great amount of disservice for the X men universe.

wait wait wait

X-men first class was decent? I saw it in theaters and wanted to walk out. Shit was so garbage. They totally threw away everything xmen out, even the previous movies.

As an action movie it was fine, as an x-men movie it was complete assssss. It was X3 ass.

Tirael

I'm trying out a new team, trying to challenge myself.

Thinking Felicia/Skrull/Strider.

Dipped into training mode for about an hour.

Why would I do this to myself. T_T

TWILT

Banned
I've been meaning watch First Class for some time now. Hated X3 though; think I'll just avoid Origins.
The only good thing that came out of X-Men origins was the game.

Also I need to play more PSN gaffers. Some people add me. SlasherMcGirk
It's been a while since you and I've played; you up for a couple?

Azure J

It's kind funny how a long string of bad losses (of my own failing) and the following salt leads to me finding little things in training mode about my characters that make me exceptionally happy right away. I was so mad losing to my brother's Dante/IronFist/Hawkeye team that I started thinking about how I could completely negate his Dante's reckless j.H all day offense with point Viper and started dabbling in Focus Attack shenanigans. I still can't staircase (I really need to get these down soon though) so Thunder Knuckle H counters didn't have much going for them until I decided to take a chance and see if I could link anything to it.

Now I've found out that you can actually Instant Air Burn Kick H (basically a Tiger Knee but going to upforward instead of upback -- I heard it called that when I played her in SSFIV and it kinda stuck) and confirm from it. This shit is HUGE for me. :lol

That being said, does Thunder Knuckle H have extremely high hitstun on it or is that just me? I tested in in various places in a combo and every instance works out for the positive.

Dahbomb

wait wait wait

X-men first class was decent? I saw it in theaters and wanted to walk out. Shit was so garbage. They totally threw away everything xmen out, even the previous movies.

As an action movie it was fine, as an x-men movie it was complete assssss. It was X3 ass.
Magneto/Prof X bromance was god like.

Magneto moving the satellite dish, hunting Nazis and redirecting the missiles at the end was orgasmic. Oh and the Wolverine cameo....Ssooooo goooood!

The side characters were admittedly bad. Emma Frost even Sebastian Shaw were underwhelming. Still though nothing in the movie was X3 bad. At least the movie had a singular focus.

Magneto/Prof X bromance was god like.

Magneto moving the satellite dish, hunting Nazis and redirecting the missiles at the end was orgasmic. Oh and the Wolverine cameo....Ssooooo goooood!

The side characters were admittedly bad. Emma Frost even Sebastian Shaw were underwhelming. Still though nothing in the movie was X3 bad. At least the movie had a singular focus.

I honestly hated what they did to almost every character in that movie. Magneto was just the big "f u".

Dahbomb

It's not a good movie. It's not even a good popcorn flick. I would rate the new Dredd movie over Wolverine and I am a huge Wolverine/X men fan.

Also Fassbender KILLED it as Magnus.

honestly I wanted the Xmen movie series to follow certain sagas in the comics. Like I would love the shit out of the movies if they did an Apocalypse saga or the Sentinel saga leading up to Bastion.

Dahbomb

Well they are doing the Days of Future Past story (directed by Bryan Singer) and Wolverines story in Japan. That's something I guess.

I just realized that it's going to take 5 X men moviea before we finally see the machine.....

Well they are doing the Days of Future Past story (directed by Bryan Singer) and Wolverines story in Japan. That's something I guess.

I just realized that it's going to take 5 X men moviea before we finally see the machine.....

didn't we see the machine in x3 in the danger room? Kappa. O god I just reminded myself how mad I was when I finished watching x3.

Anth0ny

It's not a good movie by any stretch of the imagination. It's easily the worst X men movie out of all the ones released.

X Men 2 >>>> First Class > X Men 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> X Men 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Booty Butt Cheeks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wolverine Origins

All the other X Men at least had special effects that looked like they passed the alpha stage.

I have the same order.

Wolverine and Days of Future Past sound pretty good right now, looking forward to them.

Top Bottom