• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Don't think you can Karst, Believe he's limited to ONE fireball super in the air, that's why you see alot of Akuma players fall down and do the ground fireball super midscreen. In the corner you can do a second one because you j.S them for the hard knockdown.
Well, I feel a little less stupid about it not working. I kept thinking "my execution is better than this!"

Well, I suppose Akuma not being able to beam XFC Beam in the air is fine since it's so versatile.

I'm hoping Akuma second will have all the threat of XF2 Dormammu and more, since his beams hurt roughly as much.

mr. puppy

Banned
lol just went to the morrigan forums for the first time to see karsticles blowing some guy up in one of the threads. serious shit going down over there lol.

Hey Karst, wanna play a FT5 to see if my connection has gotten better?
I can't today, preparing for class tomorrow. I'm all about a FT50 with you, assuming the connection is good, later this week, though.

lol just went to the morrigan forums for the first time to see karsticles blowing some guy up in one of the threads. serious shit going down over there lol.
Are you sure you aren't reading old posts? I don't recall any recent quarrels on the Morrigan forum. Now on the Firebrand forum...

mr. puppy

Banned
Are you sure you aren't reading old posts? I don't recall any recent quarrels on the Morrigan forum. Now on the Firebrand forum...

it was like two weeks ago haha. with a guy called cheech wizard.

i searched srk for "vergil/morrigan" b/c i want to see how far chrisg can get with it and that series of posts came up.

firebrand forum is a human wasteland btw. maybe i should get an srk account one day and post over there.

it was like two weeks ago haha. with a guy called cheech wizard.

i searched srk for "vergil/morrigan" b/c i want to see how far chrisg can get with it and that series of posts came up.

firebrand forum is a human wasteland btw. maybe i should get an srk account one day and post over there.
You can help me fight the forces of evil, who claim it's not important whether Firebrand's team can make use of his unblockable.

mr. puppy

Banned
You can help me fight the forces of evil, who claim it's not important whether Firebrand's team can make use of his unblockable.

yeah those people are idiots.

also, if you want some fun mixups, try out firebrand/rocket raccoon/ammy....I'm almost considering replacing firebrand/dante/task with it. you can get some pretty cool stuff all the way through with that team.

yeah those people are idiots.

also, if you want some fun mixups, try out firebrand/rocket raccoon/ammy....I'm almost considering replacing firebrand/dante/task with it. you can get some pretty cool stuff all the way through with that team.
I'm totally in love with Firebrand/Skrull/Sentinel as my main Firebrand team. ^_^

I can't use Rocket Raccoon or Amaterasu for crap. RR's basic combos just evade me for some reason. I'm getting to the point where I might be able to handle Amaterasu because I've been playing so much She-Hulk. I nailed the dd.S, f.L, dd.S, f.M She-Hulk relaunch this weekend in a match, which was a "WOAH!" moment for me. I like going back to old characters I couldn't play before. Even if I can't handle them, I'm getting better all the time and can feel it.

I have some sick Dormammu/Akuma stuff to use. I spent about an hour today measuring Tatsu vs. other "Get off me" assists, and I'm happy to report that Tatsu > Rising Fang when both are called simultaneously at the start of the match. So I only have to fear Double Lariat, AA Gamma Charge, and Ryu's Shoryuken (it seriously wins).

I can't use Rocket Raccoon or Amaterasu for crap. RR's basic combos just evade me for some reason. I'm getting to the point where I might be able to handle Amaterasu because I've been playing so much She-Hulk. I nailed the dd.S, f.L, dd.S, f.M She-Hulk relaunch this weekend in a match, which was a "WOAH!" moment for me. I like going back to old characters I couldn't play before. Even if I can't handle them, I'm getting better all the time and can feel it.

Ammy's not that hard to use at an "ok" level. Hell, just look at me, I wouldn't consider my Ammy as "good", but I'm sure some of 360 GAF can vouch for how much a pain in the ass my anchor dog can be anyways >.>

Obviously everyone here already owns the game, but some lurkers might be interested in this:

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 is $19.99 at the capcom-store this week. (Xbox/Ps3/Vita versions)
http://www.capcom-unity.com/djay/blog/2012/11/12/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-1999

EDIT: Posted in the fighting game weekly thread. Thanks for bringing that to my attention Panda.
I posted this in like 4 other places. Thanks!

Shoryuken assist beats akuma tatsu? Dayum.
Shoryuken only has a 21 frame startup, while tatsu is like 34. It's actually one of the fastest assists in the game.

Ammy's not that hard to use at an "ok" level. Hell, just look at me, I wouldn't consider my Ammy as "good", but I'm sure some of 360 GAF can vouch for how much a pain in the ass my anchor dog can be anyways >.>
It's important to me that I can play, or approach playing, a character at peak efficiency.

mr. puppy

Banned
I'm totally in love with Firebrand/Skrull/Sentinel as my main Firebrand team. ^_^

I have some sick Dormammu/Akuma stuff to use. I spent about an hour today measuring Tatsu vs. other "Get off me" assists, and I'm happy to report that Tatsu > Rising Fang when both are called simultaneously at the start of the match. So I only have to fear Double Lariat, AA Gamma Charge, and Ryu's Shoryuken (it seriously wins).

Yeah that is a good team. My biggest concern is that snapping sent in makes your team difficult since skrull/firebrand have no support value. The great thing about Sent though is that hard drive super saves me so many times.

Ammy and RR are super weird characters in general, but man are they fun.

could you do me a favor and see how Log Trap does in your get off me scenarios? I'm just curious, it always seems to save me from a ton of bullshit.

This is nasty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwUhqZuT_8E&feature=player_embedded

And at 22:00 here. http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers/b/335491599

I'm gonna try for once to come up with an overall strategy for this team: I'm gonna focus on resets with cold star in order to build a ton of meter to try to always have FB in speed mode and RR to always have traps on the ground. Lets see how this shit rolls.

Zissou

Yeah that is a good team. My biggest concern is that snapping sent in makes your team difficult since skrull/firebrand have no support value. The great thing about Sent though is that hard drive super saves me so many times.

Ammy and RR are super weird characters in general, but man are they fun.

could you do me a favor and see how Log Trap does in your get off me scenarios? I'm just curious, it always seems to save me from a ton of bullshit.

This is nasty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwUhqZuT_8E&feature=player_embedded

And at 22:00 here. http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers/b/335491599

I'm gonna try for once to come up with an overall strategy for this team: I'm gonna focus on resets with cold star in order to build a ton of meter to try to always have FB in speed mode and RR to always have traps on the ground. Lets see how this shit rolls.

I've been experimenting recently for using log trap as a GTFO assist, and I find it's usefulness for that purpose is highly match-up dependent. Since RR appears slightly in front of your point character, his safety and thus the reliability of the log depend mostly on if your opponent is using characters that chuck stuff low enough to hit raccoon. He's great against certain staple horizontal projectile assists since they sail over his head, but certain ones, like Arthur's dagger toss will still hit him.

Full report of "get off me" assist battles with Akuma's tatsu. Testing was done by setting my A1 button to Turbo x10, and holding it while I pressed the record button. I would then place Dormammu next to whatever point character was on the screen, and pressed A1 + Playback simultaneously. "Loses" means the assist fighting Akuma's tatsu lost. Each assist was tested 3 times unless it was clear that there was a winner.

Chain of Rebuttal - Loses
Heartless Spire - Loses
Rising Fang - Loses
Pendulum - Loses
Molecular Shield - Loses
Mighty Smash - Loses
AA Gamma Charge - Wins
Shoryuken - Wins
Tornado Claw - Loses
Stars and Stripes - Wins
Charging Star - Wins
Crescent Scythe - Wins
Mighty Strike - Loses
Lightning Attack - Loses
Gamma Charge (front) - 100% random; sometimes they trade, one wins, or they ignore one another
Sentinel Force H - Loses (bombs never arrive)
Spider Sting - Loses
TK Overdrive - Loses
Somersault Kick (She-Hulk) - Trades
EM Distuptor - Loses
Force Field - Force Field is triggered, but Tatsu ignores the projectile
Cartwheel Kick - Loses
Clothesline - Loses
Launcher Slam - Loses
Somersault Kick (Jill) - Loses
Vajra - Loses
Heavenly Slash - 100% random
Combination Punch - Loses
Shopping Cart - 100% random
Ryuenjin - Wins or Trades (random)
Rising Sun - Loses
Tatsumaki Senpukyaku - Loses
Shadow Blade - Wins
Jam Session - Loses
Gustaff Fire - Loses
Bonne Strike - Loses
Bandit Boulder - Loses
Rolling Buckler - Loses
Cat Spike - Loses
Lightning Legs - Loses
Chun-Li's anti-air kick - Wins
Armor Piercer - Loses
Thunder Knuckle - Wins or Trades
Viewtiful Uppercut - Wins
Double Lariat - Wins (but the opposing point character still gets hit close up)

^ holy shit great work man. you might want to arrange it by wins first just for interest i guess?
I could improve it in a few ways, but I'm too tired from all that, haha. I posted it on SRK with hopes that someone will eventually make it part of the Akuma player guide.

mr. puppy

Banned
I could improve it in a few ways, but I'm too tired from all that, haha. I posted it on SRK with hopes that someone will eventually make it part of the Akuma player guide.

Wins
AA Gamma Charge - Wins
Shoryuken - Wins
Shadow Blade - Wins
Stars and Stripes - Wins
Charging Star - Wins
Crescent Scythe - Wins

Trades or Random
Gamma Charge (front) - 100% random; sometimes they trade, one wins, or they ignore one another

Ass Tier
Rising Sun - Loses
Heartless Spire - Loses
Rising Fang - Loses
Pendulum - Loses
Molecular Shield - Loses
Mighty Smash - Loses
Tornado Claw - Loses
Lightning Attack - Loses
Spider Sting - Loses
TK Overdrive - Loses
EM Distuptor - Loses
Cartwheel Kick - Loses
Clothesline - Loses
Launcher Slam - Loses
Vajra - Loses
Jam Session - Loses
Gustaff Fire - Loses
Bonne Strike - Loses
Bandit Boulder - Loses
Rolling Buckler - Loses
Cat Spike - Loses
Lightning Legs - Loses
Armor Piercer - Loses
Mighty Strike - Loses

Zissou

This data collection/organization you and Karst are doing is cool.

This game can make you feel like a goddam scientist sometimes.

This data collection/organization you and Karst are doing is cool.

This game can make you feel like a goddam scientist sometimes.
I have a chemistry degree, so close enough!

Wins
AA Gamma Charge - Wins
Shoryuken - Wins
Shadow Blade - Wins
Stars and Stripes - Wins
Charging Star - Wins
Crescent Scythe - Wins

Trades or Random

Ass Tier
Rising Sun - Loses
Heartless Spire - Loses
Rising Fang - Loses
Pendulum - Loses
Molecular Shield - Loses
Mighty Smash - Loses
Tornado Claw - Loses
Lightning Attack - Loses
Spider Sting - Loses
TK Overdrive - Loses
EM Distuptor - Loses
Cartwheel Kick - Loses
Clothesline - Loses
Launcher Slam - Loses
Vajra - Loses
Jam Session - Loses
Gustaff Fire - Loses
Bonne Strike - Loses
Bandit Boulder - Loses
Rolling Buckler - Loses
Cat Spike - Loses
Lightning Legs - Loses
Armor Piercer - Loses
Mighty Strike - Loses
Thanks! I'll repost this around.

Sayah

10 feet.

You can only play characters with 10 feet related moves.

Good thing I read Karsticles post before replying to this one. Anyway, consider it your lucky day Chavelina. You're going to have the privilege to face a truly exceptional (possibly the best) Marvel player come Wednesday. No autographs though. Sorry.

Akuma bnbs and setups I figured out tonight (Dormammu on point):

j.S, c.LH + tatsu, Mass Change M, j.H, j.LMH, s.MS, sj.MMHS, dp.M, qcf.AA

Mixes up if c.LH is blocked, still combos if it wasn't.

Reset:
j.S, c.LHS, sj.MMHS, dp.M ~~~ Mass Change M, fly, Dark Spell L, Dark Spell L, call tatsu, Mass Change M; if Tatsu was blocked, Flame Carpet blockstrings. If Tatsu hit, combo.

Jump, air dash up near opponent, call Tatsu, Mass Change M, j.H, j.MHS, j.MHS, s.MS, sj.MMHS, dp.M, qcf.AA

Corner combo:
j.S, c.LHS, sj.MMHS, df.H + tatsu, j.MHS, s.MS, sj.MMHS, dp.L, qcf.AA

Ground throw combo:
dash, df.H + tatsu, qcf.H, qcf.AA (this is seriously the most you can do mid-screen)

Feel free to add more.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Good thing I read Karsticles post before replying to this one. Anyway, consider it your lucky day Chavelina. You're going to have the privilege to face a truly exceptional (possibly the best) Marvel player come Wednesday. No autographs though. Sorry.

You must defeat Beef-Long to stand a chance.

mr. puppy

Banned
if i'm doing Firebrand/Rocket is it better to use Ammy or Jam Session?

Even better question, if I'm about to play a Morridoom player, do I have a chance in hell if I have Rocket/Ammy?

Even better question, if I'm about to play a Morridoom player, do I have a chance in hell if I have Rocket/Ammy?

Cold Stars lasts longer than Jam Session, right? I'd say Ammy, but Jam Session is better defensively. Experiment?

Also, Rocket has his C burrow, and Ammy has her reflector. I think at least they can handle it better than multiple characters.

Zissou

If RR can duck under grounded soul fists you could at least have a pretty easy time waiting out her astral vision hyper. If not, I'd say you'd be pretty fucked since that kind of chip on a 750k character would be pretty brutal.

mr. puppy

Banned
Cold Stars lasts longer than Jam Session, right? I'd say Ammy, but Jam Session is better defensively. Experiment?

Also, Rocket has his C burrow, and Ammy has her reflector. I think at least they can handle it better than multiple characters.

firebrand has no problem at all, but if people are doing point/morridoom then i can't always rely on firebrand winning that. it is far easier to get an unblockable hit off of cold star than jam sessions though (which i can barely get 25% of the time)

Zissou

Just burrow with RR until Astral Vision is down.

There's still recovery when he pops up. I'd imagine if you tried that you'd get bopped by at least 2 grounded soul fists, if not worse- depending on the timing of hidden missiles assist calls and such.

Does Ammy go under soul fists with that hit box or just stuff like Sentinel's spit?

Ammy can't duck under ground soul fists, I believe.

Dahbomb

Yea but you can pop up early if the coast is clear.

Exactly 1 year since the expansion is launched and we still don't know enough about the characters. Still learning new stuff daily.

Zissou

Yea but you can pop up early if the coast is clear.

Exactly 1 year since the expansion is launched and we still don't know enough about the characters. Still learning new stuff daily.

If the morrigan player is on point, would there ever even be a gap large enough to allows RR to recover in time to block?

There's still recovery when he pops up. I'd imagine if you tried that you'd get bopped by at least 2 grounded soul fists, if not worse- depending on the timing of hidden missiles assist calls and such.

Like Dahbomb said, either pop out when it looks safe, or alternatively just get right under her and spring trap her >.>

If the morrigan player is on point, would there ever even be a gap large enough to allows RR to recover in time to block?

That's what meter is for.

shaowebb

Tried to screw around with a Ghost Rider team of Hsien Ko and Haggar and in the end suffered for having a team with Hsien Ko in it and no strong anchor against zoners. On top of that Godaddy reset my server redirect apparently several weeks ago without my knowledge and it may take up to 3 days to get my portfolio back up and running on its domain name. I've been sending potential game studio employers to a dead site on my resume and didn't even know it.

Today has been shit. Godaddy owes me some damage on this one because I can't reapply to anyone that pulled my resume in several of those studios for another 6 months because thats how long they hold old resumes for. FML.

I hope Galactus eats them all.

Akuma's combos are so fun to do. Why are they fun, but Vergil's are boring?

Tried to screw around with a Ghost Rider team of Hsien Ko and Haggar and in the end suffered for having a team with Hsien Ko in it and no strong anchor against zoners. On top of that Godaddy reset my server redirect apparently several weeks ago without my knowledge and it may take up to 3 days to get my portfolio back up and running on its domain name. I've been sending potential game studio employers to a dead site on my resume and didn't even know it.

Today has been shit. Godaddy owes me some damage on this one because I can't reapply to anyone that pulled my resume in several of those studios for another 6 months because thats how long they hold old resumes for. FML.

I hope Galactus eats them all.
Both that team and your day sucked.

Edit:
Swag.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO_-xyqMW_s

Top Bottom