• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Why is Sentinel about to take a shit?
Very awkward picture.

Guns are so... distasteful. A crude instrument for an unrefined weakling
Dahbomb trying to lower Vergil from S tier by giving him a gun.

Strider isn't clicking with me. :/
You should try it for more than an hour, haha.

Although, I've found ways to make She-Hulk work even without that crossover glitch so I may just use her.
She-Hulk works. I think people underrate her. I've won plenty of matches with her and I don't even know what I'm doing.

Only problem is that Trish/Nemesis/She-Hulk doesn't seem like a good team at all. No good assists.
Nemesis j.df+H probably forms an unblockable with She-Hulk's Torpedo. Trish's assists are pretty good, but you want her on point. I like to run She-Hulk with a strong horizontal assist like Greyhound. If you want to anchor She-Hulk, though, check out matches from Abegen.

I can't find the combo video that had her going into Round Trip, but you might find some other stuff on Youtube.

Sayah

Very awkward picture.

Dahbomb trying to lower Vergil from S tier by giving him a gun.

You should try it for more than an hour, haha.

She-Hulk works. I think people underrate her. I've won plenty of matches with her and I don't even know what I'm doing.

Nemesis j.df+H probably forms an unblockable with She-Hulk's Torpedo. Trish's assists are pretty good, but you want her on point. I like to run She-Hulk with a strong horizontal assist like Greyhound. If you want to anchor She-Hulk, though, check out matches from Abegen.

I can't find the combo video that had her going into Round Trip, but you might find some other stuff on Youtube.

j. means when in air right? Because the torpedo plus Nemesis air d/f+H does work quite well. haha. Thanks. Also tried Trish's j. d+H with She-Hulk's torpedo and that works too.

Unblockable setups. I like that. And about to start watching matches from Abegen.

Also will give more time to Strider possibly over the weekend.

Onemic

Finally

Morrigan/Mag/Akuma is a lock. I can settle down and practice now!

Mag is so fun just practicing his air dash loop combo. Am I actually having fun with this game? o_O

j. means when in air right? Because the torpedo plus Nemesis air d/f+H does work quite well. haha. Thanks. Also tried Trish's j. d+H with She-Hulk's torpedo and that works too.

Unblockable setups. I like that. And about to start watching matches from Abegen.

Also will give more time to Strider possibly over the weekend.
Yup, j = jump.

FYI, Trish's dive kick is not an overhead.

Finally

Morrigan/Mag/Akuma is a lock. I can settle down and practice now!

Mag is so fun just practicing his air dash loop combo. Am I actually having fun with this game? o_O
How can't you have fun with this game?! :-O

Zissou

Going into training mode to test something can easily become several hours of fucking around if I'm not careful. I've played this game for who knows how many hundreds of hours and never gotten bored. As salty as this game can make me, I fucking love it.

Onemic

Yup, j = jump.

Ive always hated the fact that the game is based so much around ToD combos and the fact that I could never settle down with a team because none of the characters I tried learning back then clicked with me.

This time its been different.

Sayah

Yup, j = jump.

Damn. Well, anyway, Nemesis isn't working. I freeze when the opponent is next to me. I don't know what to do with him. lol

And Marvel is one of the most fun to play games around. Really have to love a lot about it.

Toski

Does anyone have a team scrubbier than Wesker-b, Hawkeye-a, Strider-y? I've thought about putting Doom on for missles, but I don't much care for him.

GGs Solune. What did you think of the team? I felt really awkward having to play Dormammu on point, every start was a total panic for me. How was Akuma/Morrigan compared to Dormammu/Morrigan? I thought Morrigan/Akuma was a clear improvement from Morrigan/Dormammu.

Does anyone have a team scrubbier than Wesker-b, Hawkeye-a, Strider-y? I've thought about putting Doom on for missles, but I don't much care for him.
Hulk/Haggar/Sentinel or Hulk/Sentinel/Wesker are maximum scrubbiness.

Solune

GGs Karst, sorry I cut it short but alot of my inputs were dropping, I went into training mode and I definitely queue certain buttons but they aren't coming out. I don't know if it's the controller or not. Also have work tomorrow.

Umm I think Akuma/Morrigan is great, though I definitely got hit with more things than I should have and didn't punish when I could have. I will say that, I think Akuma definitely fits your style more than Vergil.

IMO you seem to have a phobia more than anything, I was watching The Runback while playing and some people are not afraid to start against Zero. Or at least they don't show it. Clearly it's a bad matchup at the start but not overwhelming. I think your aggressive nature to pushblock > super should be applied to the start of the round too. I mean I lost some games I should have won but other than that, I think the score speaks for itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUtJW4T4YnM&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5ede5JCs7A&feature=plcp

GGs Karst, sorry I cut it short but alot of my inputs were dropping, I went into training mode and I definitely queue certain buttons but they aren't coming out. I don't know if it's the controller or not. Also have work tomorrow.

Umm I think Akuma/Morrigan is great, though I definitely got hit with more things than I should have and didn't punish when I could have. I will say that, I think Akuma definitely fits your style more than Vergil.

IMO you seem to have a phobia more than anything, I was watching The Runback while playing and some people are not afraid to start against Zero. Or at least they don't show it. Clearly it's a bad matchup at the start but not overwhelming. I think your aggressive nature to pushblock > super should be applied to the start of the round too. I mean I lost some games I should have won but other than that, I think the score speaks for itself.
I felt the latency was a bit high myself. You and Sayah...maybe it's a Canadian thing. Are you on Rogers by chance? :p I started playing with you right after finishing a 50 match set with someone who it felt like I was playing offline with things were so good (Tron/Hulk/Sentinel player - really good too).

Akuma definitely feels better to play as than Vergil. Guh though, I drop his relaunch a lot when I go for the juggle. Too much delay between MMH, I think.

It's not a phobia because my fear is clearly rational. :p I played many, many matches with Dormammu on point in Vanilla and took it up the ass. It's a thoughtful learned behavior, I say! Why mention Zero specifically, though?

The problem with the start of the round is Dormammu has the slowest walk speed in the game, so he doesn't get to choose how he starts. If I could guarantee even a liiiiitle breathing room I'd take it.

And hey, we all lose games we feel we should have won. ;-) Especially with a Morrigan anchor online. "I canceled that Soul Fist!" "Why didn't Shadow Servant come out!" "Ugh, where was my j.S?!" She made some hilarious comebacks, though.

What did you think of the tatsu assist for Dormammu? Do you think it was good enough for him to keep solely because of the assist? I had some trouble converting off of it because it pops my opponent in an ambiguous zone.

Oddly enough Iron Fist is your character that I fear the most.

LakeEarth

Ok, I got 2 more hours of player matches with Nova online, and I at least got some stuff going with him. I finally get fly/unfly combos after some practice, and pulled off the j.H fly j.H unfly j.H combo online, followed by Spencer assist into crumple. My neutral game is super lacking, I'm not taking advantage of his throw range enough, but that'll come in time.

I always enjoy learning a new character.

FSLink

Banned
Ok, I got 2 more hours of player matches with Nova online, and I at least got some stuff going with him. I finally get fly/unfly combos after some practice, and pulled off the j.H fly j.H unfly j.H combo online, followed by Spencer assist into crumple. My neutral game is super lacking, I'm not taking advantage of his throw range enough, but that'll come in time.

I always enjoy learning a new character.

Speaking of which, what's the timing for the f.H S into Slant Shot assist xx TK H Rocket Punch? I only get it half the time.

mr. puppy

Banned
posted this in the fighting games thread, might as well put it here:

For the last week I've been trying to make a better unblockables based team than firebrand/dante/task. I've been messing around with RR and Ammy and its really stupid....the funny thing about the pairing is that RR does need to get a hit, he just needs the opponent to block something. Then he can call ammy and put down his bullshit.

I was trying Firebrand/RR/Ammy for some time (and calling it "The Zoo"), but while FB/RR are really tough to block....unfortunately Log Trap takes away the wall bounce from bon voyage which leads to some trouble. I tried our Jam Session which I think might be actually better....but I don't think FB/Jam is that great, especially after playing it for as long as I have (its really not that easy for unblockable setups)

Right now I'm trying Viper/RR/Jam Session which is probably a far better unblockable team than the other team I've designed, I'm just not confident with maneuvering the game and the other player so that they are around the jam session pillar or in log trap BS range.

I'll tell you though, RR with Jam Session is possibly better than with Cold Star, especially for incoming since people can't just fly away.

LakeEarth

FINE

I'll try the stupid Nova j.H fly combo online again.
I still can only do them in the corner. I'm not sure how people do it midscreen, although I've done it randomly a couple of times.

Trick is flying immediately after j.H, and giving half a second before doing it again. That way you don't accidentally get H rocket punch.

Speaking of which, what's the timing for the f.H S into Slant Shot assist xx TK H Rocket Punch? I only get it half the time.
Took me 50 tries before I started to get it, but I still drop it:

f.H, hit assist when they bounce about 2/3 of the way up, spam S, the second S hits immediately jump cancel rocket punch H (qcb + ub + H).

smurfx

get some go again
Ya it was good but that was on my old connection which was 26MB download and 1.89MB upload, I literally just got it changed so we should play again and test it out!
if its the same carrier then it shouldn't be any different. 1.89mb upload is more than enough for online. you can now stream if you wanted to with that huge upload though. heck my upload is 1.0mb and i always have a good connection with others usually.

Sigmaah

if its the same carrier then it shouldn't be any different. 1.89mb upload is more than enough for online. you can now stream if you wanted to with that huge upload though. heck my upload is 1.0mb and i always have a good connection with others usually.

It's a different carrier now so I hope its better! I can stream now? nice! gotta get something setup then.

Tobe

again got whopped by smurf, seriously haggar is just ugh. this character is safe or positive in everything!!

GGs man, gotta level up tho

FINE

I'll try the stupid Nova j.H fly combo online again.
Good!

posted this in the fighting games thread, might as well put it here:

For the last week I've been trying to make a better unblockables based team than firebrand/dante/task. I've been messing around with RR and Ammy and its really stupid....the funny thing about the pairing is that RR does need to get a hit, he just needs the opponent to block something. Then he can call ammy and put down his bullshit.

I was trying Firebrand/RR/Ammy for some time (and calling it "The Zoo"), but while FB/RR are really tough to block....unfortunately Log Trap takes away the wall bounce from bon voyage which leads to some trouble. I tried our Jam Session which I think might be actually better....but I don't think FB/Jam is that great, especially after playing it for as long as I have (its really not that easy for unblockable setups)

Right now I'm trying Viper/RR/Jam Session which is probably a far better unblockable team than the other team I've designed, I'm just not confident with maneuvering the game and the other player so that they are around the jam session pillar or in log trap BS range.

I'll tell you though, RR with Jam Session is possibly better than with Cold Star, especially for incoming since people can't just fly away.
Why are you set on using Rocket Raccoon's Pendulum assist? I think Firebrand might do better with Double Spitfire. No wallbounce used, two bullets to let Firebrand play mix-up with, etc.

Firebrand also doesn't need the wallbounce, it's just convenient. You could learn his j.H, qcb.M, j.H, s.S relaunches to make up for it.

The lack of a wall bounce on Bon Voyage means your opponent gets forced into a roll, and you could use that for Cold Star unblockables (dash in c.L + cold Star, unblockable).

again got whopped by smurf, seriously haggar is just ugh. this character is safe or positive in everything!!

I hate playing the heavies in this game more than anything. So much health to chip down, and they have no incentive to do anything but block and play it slow. It's so much nicer to play pixies and such because they're always air dashing around and get hit by Purification.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I played a Rocket Raccoon the other day that used the Herald color and picked the Danger Room (lights on). I could hardly see the little furry bastard as he burrowed around. :\

I think it was deliberate because he wasn't using Herald colors for either of his other characters.

smurfx

get some go again
I played a Rocket Raccoon the other day that used the Herald color and picked the Danger Room (lights on). I could hardly see the little furry bastard as he burrowed around. :\

I think it was deliberate because he wasn't using Herald colors for either of his other characters.
that's pretty funny.

is the team i played your number 1 team now? or is it your b team?

mr. puppy

Banned
Good!

Why are you set on using Rocket Raccoon's Pendulum assist? I think Firebrand might do better with Double Spitfire. No wallbounce used, two bullets to let Firebrand play mix-up with, etc.

Firebrand also doesn't need the wallbounce, it's just convenient. You could learn his j.H, qcb.M, j.H, s.S relaunches to make up for it.

The lack of a wall bounce on Bon Voyage means your opponent gets forced into a roll, and you could use that for Cold Star unblockables (dash in c.L + cold Star, unblockable).

I actually have never played with Spitfire as an assist. I need to get home and check the new testament to see its durability. Is it any good? I really love how Pendulum comes out really quick and completely change the map around, and FB is so fast that I can normally get something stupid out of it.

Yeah I have blue/white colors for FB/RR selected so that when I have the other guy being blasted by Cold Star its really hard to follow the characters. Its even worse when FB is in his hyper mode.

I actually have never played with Spitfire as an assist. I need to get home and check the new testament to see its durability. Is it any good? I really love how Pendulum comes out really quick and completely change the map around, and FB is so fast that I can normally get something stupid out of it.
I'll post the comparative frame data:

Pendulum:
44 frame startup, 122 recovery until it can be used again, 10 projectile durability

Spitfire:
39 frame startup, 126 recovery until it can be used again, each bullet has 4 projectile durability

mr. puppy

Banned
I'll post the comparative frame data:

Pendulum:
44 frame startup, 122 recovery until it can be used again, 10 projectile durability

Spitfire:
39 frame startup, 126 recovery until it can be used again, each bullet has 4 projectile durability

oof. well i'll give it a shot anyway.

Onemic

Is Magneto's Fly/unfly loop better than his airdash loop? I know it does slightly more damage, but can't you not convert it into as many hyper grav loops?

Onemic

I'm not sure what the Fly/unfly loop is. Care to elaborate?

cr.LMHS, sj, j.H, adf, j.HxxFly, j.L, j.H, [adf j.H]x4[unfly, pause, j.H, st.H] or [ addf j.H, S, st.H]xxHyper grav L ------ 410,000-440,000 Damage

Air dash loop does 20k less on average

lilty

I just bought this game and I'm not the best at fighters. Is there any chance of me finding similarly skilled people online? I don't want to get ravaged every single game. :p

I just bought this game and I'm not the best at fighters. Is there any chance of me finding similarly skilled people online? I don't want to get ravaged every single game. :p
There are people who are still awful, but they're not very common. I recommend playing someone here who is willing to mess around with an alt team so you stand a chance.

Hey Sasa,

Tell me about running X-23 on anchor. I liked the Tatsu assist, but I'm still open to exploring other options, and Dark Harmonizer + Silent Kill sounds pretty tasty. How often do you get opened up? What's your "escape route" plan?

I'm still hoping to hear back from Solune about what he thought about the team, especially the value of the Tatsu assist. I was a bit frustrated in the matches against Chris/Dante/Strider because I didn't have an anti-Chris assist, and Chris is already a difficult matchup for Dormammu.

But then I think: "Does an assist even exist that helps against Chris?"

or just face me, because Im terrible.
Then why are you nitpicking on Magneto combos? :-O

Also, what system are you both playing on? Add yourself to the OP's spreadsheet and add everyone else!

Is this a good team for Thor? Nova/Thor/Strider.

How do I open up guys with him?
Awful team. Thor needs a strong horizontal assist that lets him tridash in and achieve pressure. He can't do anything off of a hard knockdown.

Onemic

Then why are you nitpicking on Magneto combos? :-O

Well if fly/unfly is better, then I'll eventually learn it. If not then I wont and I'll just work on airdash and hyper grav loop.

I also just like getting as much information on my character as I can, even when im ass :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GfDoN.gif

Via this amazing thread.

Top Bottom