• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

shaowebb

do haggar next!

DONE!
He is listed as MAYOR OF EARTH on the steam workshop.
OHeIv.jpg

I scripted the shit out of him. If he sees a human animal or robot he WILL grab them and carry them. This took scripts to make anyone he touched throwable which makes them grabbable. This in kind makes them attack Haggar so I setup a whole SEQUENCE of scripts that let him not only attack you with DAS PIPE but he will also grab you and THROW THE SHIT OUT OF YOU!

Also true to Haggar he has resets! He will often throw a bitch, catch them and throw them again for an unstoppable loop. Dude wrecks shit with his throw loop and grab resets that I scripted him. I am literally not making this up. This Haggar does it all.

He is scripted to go after humans, robots (Im making sentinel later) and animals (for Ammy and of course sharks).

Dormammu!

How do you design all that stuff?
Sorry didn't catch this one. I'll be doing more on Monday when I get back from traveling to see family today. I'll do Dormammu next.

To answer your questions you create an object by typing a word then type other words to use as parts to color, size, and place on to that object's body. Then you can script their behavior patterns and scriptable actions in various situations.

Game is awesome.

EDIT: Oh and I also made certain he has Haggar's growling yell!

shaowebb

Shao, so can you just macro "Haggar" and drop him anywhere with his behaviors?

Yup. Download MAYOR OF EARTH and everytime you type MAYOR OF EARTH he will appear and do all that. Once you download him though you can click him and edit his name back to HAGGAR then delete the MAYOR OF EARTH version. That way all you gotta type is HAGGAR and the renamed one will appear still fully functional. Just click, download, and use instantly. You don't even have to exit the game to access anything I upload to the scribblenauts steam workshop. You can surf it in game, grab what you want, and go back and instantly have it for use.

Monday...DORMAMMU!

Yup. Download MAYOR OF EARTH and everytime you type MAYOR OF EARTH he will appear and do all that. Once you download him though you can click him and edit his name back to HAGGAR then delete the MAYOR OF EARTH version. That way all you gotta type is HAGGAR and the renamed one will appear still fully functional. Just click, download, and use instantly. You don't even have to exit the game to access anything I upload to the scribblenauts steam workshop. You can surf it in game, grab what you want, and go back and instantly have it for use.

Monday...DORMAMMU!
Not to turn this into a Scribblenauts thread, but can you script the characters to do more complex stuff? Like, I imagine dragons breathe fire. Can...Dormammu breathe fire? Can I make a custom Soul Fist for Morrigan?

shaowebb

Not to turn this into a Scribblenauts thread, but can you script the characters to do more complex stuff? Like, I imagine dragons breathe fire. Can...Dormammu breathe fire? Can I make a custom Soul Fist for Morrigan?

Morrigan already does soul fists. I scripted it. And to a degree yes to all that if you are careful. If nothing else you can get reaaaaally close on stuff that shouldn't be doable if you are clever with things. Haggar took a lot of shenanigans to pull off grappler behavior. Just saying. I'll see what I can make Dormington do. Fire shouldn't be an issue though. I'll script him to add the adjective FIRE BREATHING upon his creation to make sure he can do that.

Morrigan already does soul fists. I scripted it. And to a degree yes to all that if you are careful. If nothing else you can get reaaaaally close on stuff that shouldn't be doable if you are clever with things. Haggar took a lot of shenanigans to pull off grappler behavior. Just saying. I'll see what I can make Dormington do. Fire shouldn't be an issue though. I'll script him to add the adjective FIRE BREATHING upon his creation to make sure he can do that.
I would probably get this on the Wii U if I got it, so don't go through too much trouble on my account. All the same features, right?

Archon473

But I thought Joker is shit. Words of Fanatiq

I pay attention only to match performance, such as 3-0ing ChrisG.

Edit: Damn, and everyone in this thread is quick to defend Chris as if he needs defending. Do you not consider it a weakness to deem particular opponents unworthy of your best effort, unworthy of being defeated? To be alright with losing to one opponent makes you likely to create a fantasy world where losses cease to matter, which dictates wins cease to matter.

Joker's only accomplishment so far is sending Chris G to losers once. He lost a FT10 with Fanatiq, Ray Ray, and Bee all within a month span.

That is even more reason to consider his losses negligible. To expect turnaround in one month is asking a lot. Ray Ray has been losing to Chris G for 12 weeks (maybe he won this week's Big Two, #52, I didn't watch Grand Finals yet), as has everyone else. Will you slander them? Also, I have no interest in grudge match/money match performance; that is for entertainment value only. Money matches are situations where I will say the victor performed well but I would not say the loser performed poorly; subconsciously, the known fact is that the match is occurring outside of tournament and the results will only be as important as the player deems necessary.

I pay attention only to match performance, such as 3-0ing ChrisG.

Edit: Damn, and everyone in this thread is quick to defend Chris as if he needs defending. Do you not consider it a weakness to deem particular opponents unworthy of your best effort, unworthy of being defeated? To be alright with losing to one opponent makes you likely to create a fantasy world where losses cease to matter, which dictates wins cease to matter.

That is even more reason to consider his losses negligible. To expect turnaround in one month is asking a lot. Ray Ray has been losing to Chris G for 12 weeks (maybe he won this week's Big Two, #52, I didn't watch Grand Finals yet), as has everyone else. Will you slander them? Also, I have no interest in grudge match/money match performance; that is for entertainment value only. Money matches are situations where I will say the victor performed well but I would not say the loser performed poorly; subconsciously, the known fact is that the match is occurring outside of tournament and the results will only be as important as the player deems necessary.

Are you new to the FGC? Money matches especially long sets shows "who's better" way more often than tournament match considering it's 3/5 versus a long set where you can see players adapt. For example Chris G vs F.Champ was tie 9-9 then Chris pulled away 14-9. That's because something "click" for him he learned and adapted. That's a sign of a strong player and that's why Justin Wong dominated so much in MVC2 when it was 4/7. The longer the match goes the less "random" it gets.

Money match is way more nerve racking than tournament unless that tournament is EVO. Of course I've never actually had a money match into 4 digits, but I've had a few triple digits one. I can assure you that I'm not the only one that feel this way.

You can ask GAF, I'm not a big fan of Chris G like most of Marvel GAF (My AV is my disdain for Soul Fist) but I be willing to bet my house, car, and whatever paycheck I get in the future that Chris takes out Joker in a FT15. It's great that he 3-0 him at Canada Cup. It really is, but don't over value something like that when Chris clearly showing he didn't give no fuck when he proceeded to get 3-0 by Ricky Ortiz.

Sayah

Come on Beef. Don't be a coward. It's okay. I'll make sure Kadey rocks you to sleep tonight after this Marvel session.

Archon473

Are you new to the FGC? Money matches especially long sets shows "who's better"

I absolutely agree. However, who plays better during a 3/5 set in tournament is what's most important. I mentioned Joker vs ChrisG specifically because ChrisG is considered the best UMvC3 player (I consider him to be the best as well), yet Joker had a strong performance against him in tournament. I used that example to show Joker is a good player when someone said Joker was not. Also, community accolades mean nothing compared to tournament victory. ChrisG is really a stand-out example because he has won so many majors. Other players considered by the community to be strong have maybe only won one major in their region; this is why I am more interested in what I see players demonstrate in tournament rather than how the community views them.

smurfx

get some go again
man chris's throw range is amazing. sometimes it feels like he is nowhere near me and i still get thrown. maybe i should learn chris and finally make a second team.

Sayah

GG Sayah. Also, the family-related thing ended so I'm in a better mood too.
I refuse to believe a top notch player like me has lost. Unacceptable. I demand rematches in a few weeks time.

You just have to rub salt in the wounds, don't you?

GGs Beef and the other people I played. Really enjoyed myself. Would be happy to participate in future lobbies. Thanks Kadey for the lobby.

Also, Karst, you're gonna have to train me from now on. I need to shape up a little and I think I will be good to go with a little practice. Still not familiarized with new character's especially after seeing my terrible play against Nova and Hawkeye. Just need to find a proper team which I still don't have. Now dropping Ghost Rider and instead thinking about She-Hulk/Trish/Someone else. Gonna keep experimenting till I find the team that clicks. So upset about lack of She-Hulk TAC glitch.

Also, wtf with Hawkeye level-1 hyper taking so much damage?

PSA: Pick Bonne Wonderland so everyone can see the screen.

Karst your Strider is 1000000 times better than mine
Haha, thanks. Every week I make it a point to learn something new with him.

Also, Karst, you're gonna have to train me from now on. I need to shape up a little and I think I will be good to go with a little practice. Still not familiarized with new character's especially after seeing my terrible play against Nova and Hawkeye. Just need to find a proper team which I still don't have. Now dropping Ghost Rider and instead thinking about She-Hulk/Trish/Someone else. Gonna keep experimenting till I find the team that clicks.
Sounds good. Let me play Trish against you and I'll show you a thing or two you're not utilizing.

The best Hsien-Ko.

I love trolling in lobbies.
Serious Hsien-ko user, though!

Hsien-Ko is a serious guilty pleasure. I feel like I should get legit with her just because.
Give me these changes and I'll put her permanently on my team on point:
1) Anki Hou bombs have a hitbox.
2) Double her air dash speed.
3) Half startup on ground dash (no other changes to it).
4) Henkyo Ki positive on block up close.
5) Tracking Purification assist to back her up with.

I love Hsien-ko. I might even run her on point just with the tracking Purification assist.

Azure J

Everyone already knows the buffs I'd give my favorite blueberry zombie, so I won't go there. But I do agree on playing her point for ever and ever. GAF Approved™ Hsien-Ko (Senpu Bu)/Dante (Jam Session)/Strider (Vajra) would be insanity.

Top Bottom