• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

My Ultimate launch team was just my vanilla endgame Wesker/Magneto/Phoenix team. Although I did play Dormammu/Spencer/Magneto at NCR 2012.

Speaking of which, it's been a while since we've done a roll call. What's everybody's three team slots used up with?

• Hawkeye/Vergil/Shuma
  • Magneto/Sentinel/Dante
  • Magneto/Morrigan/Phoenix

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";95353171]My Ultimate launch team was just my vanilla endgame Wesker/Magneto/Phoenix team. Although I did play Dormammu/Spencer/Magneto at NCR 2012.

Speaking of which, it's been a while since we've done a roll call. What's everybody's three team slots used up with?

• Hawkeye/Vergil/Shuma
  • Magneto/Sentinel/Dante
[/QUOTE]
My actual assigned teams on the game aren't accurate. There's other teams I use way more. Honestly I don't think could say what my top3 teams are. I'll give it a shot though.

Chris/Dante/Strider
Felicia/Nova/Strider
Chris/Spencer/Sentinel

But I have so many teams that get better results.

Currently my slots are set up as:

- Task/Doom/Sent
- Spencer/Strange/Doom
- Cap/Iron Man/Rocket

But I will use these teams as well:

- Nova/Mags/Sent
- Iron Fist/Spencer/Hawkeye
- Sent/Frank/Dante
- Task/Sent/Akuma

I use more but I won't list them. Ever since Ultimate came out, I've just been using random teams. It's fun using multiple teams but I wish I could just stick with one so I could "master" them. What I really wanted was a Mag/Strange/Rocket team but I hate Magneto online.

Ghazi

Does anyone have any ideas for a DHC into Dante Devil Trigger when going from Jill Raven Spike to it? It puts the opponent into the DHC glitch, and as it stands now I just flight mode over the ground and do lightning until I mess up the input or they fall out.

This is after I've probably used a ground bounce and occasionally I've used a wall bounce as well. I just can't think of much else I'd get good damage with.

Zissou

Doom/Dante/Strider
Trish/Task/Doom
and
Magneto/Storm/Raccoon

I haven't played the Trish team for a while though. I'm slowly coming to the realization that Magneto is the most fun character in the game. I'm guessing that someday I'll migrate to some Magneto/Doom team variant as my main team, but who knows. It depends if I can ever get some of the more difficult technical Magneto stuff down consistently, though honestly, I have still had a lot of success spamming mag blasts like a moron.

Magneto/Doom/Sent
Magneto/Dorm/Strange
Magneto/Storm/Doom

Are you on PSN?

Does anyone have any ideas for a DHC into Dante Devil Trigger when going from Jill Raven Spike to it? It puts the opponent into the DHC glitch, and as it stands now I just flight mode over the ground and do lightning until I mess up the input or they fall out.

This is after I've probably used a ground bounce and occasionally I've used a wall bounce as well. I just can't think of much else I'd get good damage with.

Who's your third character?

C.Viper/Spencer/Strange BnB:

dash S xx Thunder Knuckle M, H xx Thunder Knuckle M, MHS xx Seismo L jc air Burn Kick H, S xx Seismo L jc air Burn Kick H, S, jMMH dj MHS, A2(Bolts), Seismo L jc air Burn Kick H, S xx Seismo L xx Burst Time DHC Bionic Maneuvers, zip xx zip Up Grapple, A1(Seismo) Upgrapple, OTG Grapple

1,251,000 damage, builds 1.8 bars

To be honest, I think this is better than raw tagging to Strange for the loops. It's pretty easy and kills everybody while building enough meter to repeat itself.

Dante, the team order is Chris/Jill/Dante

Well arrow kick should give you a soft knockdown even if you used up the bounce, so you could probably use that to extend the combo. Or if you're using the DP assist you might be able to volcano, sky dance. Assuming Chris is dead.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";95353171]My Ultimate launch team was just my vanilla endgame Wesker/Magneto/Phoenix team. Although I did play Dormammu/Spencer/Magneto at NCR 2012.

• Hawkeye/Vergil/Shuma
  • Magneto/Sentinel/Dante
[/QUOTE]

Joe/Frank are in all three slots. It's just a revolving door of anchors in each slot. Right now it's Raccoon, Doom, and Ryu.

shaowebb

My Vanilla launch team was

Wolverine/Taskmaster/Sentinel
or
Haggar/Spencer/Sentinel

then it turned into

???/Ryu/Sentinel

for the duration. My most used point characters were Storm, Chun Li, and C. Viper. OTG made my life hard though, but DHC and damage was good.

after that ultimate was

Iron Fist/Ryu/Sentinel

then eventually

Taskmaster/Iron Fist/Arthur

Sigmaah

My first vanilla team was
Zero/Task/Sentinel

My first Ultimate team was Zero/Akuma/Wesker

Now my main team is
Zero/Akuma/Vergil

Currently my slots are set up as:

- Task/Doom/Sent
- Spencer/Strange/Doom
- Cap/Iron Man/Rocket

But I will use these teams as well:

- Nova/Mags/Sent
- Iron Fist/Spencer/Hawkeye
- Sent/Frank/Dante
- Task/Sent/Akuma

I use more but I won't list them. Ever since Ultimate came out, I've just been using random teams. It's fun using multiple teams but I wish I could just stick with one so I could "master" them. What I really wanted was a Mag/Strange/Rocket team but I hate Magneto online.

Yeah that's my problem. I just have so much trouble sticking to one team. There's just always some new shit that I wanna try out.

Frantic

Slot 1 is Dante(Weasel Shot)/Trish(Low Voltage)/Strider(Vajra), my main team that I've been playing and perfecting for (probably)two years now. I'm probably going to end up changing Weasel Shot to Jam Session eventually, though. It's a much better assist overall for when I need to tag Trish in, but I've just been too lazy to do it.

Slot 2 is Strider(Vajra)/Strange(Bolts)/Dante(Jam Session) for when I want to practice point Strider. My Strange is ass(ist)-tier, though. I just Impact Palm > Mystic Sword L a lot and SoV into Dante when I get the chance. I've managed to do mid-screen FoF loops to corner carry, at least!

Slot 3 is Magneto(Disruptor)/Sentinel(Drones)/Dante(Jam Session), which is the most fun point Magneto team, even if it might not be the best Magneto team. My Magneto is mid-tier at best, but he's fun to play regardless.

I also play Taskmaster(Aim Master L)/Dante(Jam Session)/Akuma(Tatsu) a lot, and it'd be slot 4 if there was one. It's for when I want to turn my brain off and just mash SHIELD SKILLZ and make it safe with both Jam Session and Tatsu. The corner pressure with the team is ridiculous, though.

shaowebb

I really miss the wonderful DHC and crumple combo setups Ryu and Iron Fist had. The crescent heel assist setup Ryu for stuff, the beam and dragons fire combos...just such a perfect duo for bro combos. Sad thing was they were both just far too weak to space control tactics in this game. God they were fun together though. Try em in the lab sometime. Its great for combo videos. Chuck a Spencer in at anchor for the combo vid and watch it go nuts with the extensions. Never got around to trying goofy stuff like Team Super Dormammu/Iron Fist/Spencer teams in the lab. I'd seen a team super with Dorm where fists of fury outran the ball and the opponent was still being juggled by the ball once Iron Fist recovered. Never got around to seeing if it would be possible to Spencer assist him off of that into more hits.

My guess is that you knew you had to play Wright, and thus you picked up Hulk to make him work.

Pretty much. I liked playing Hulk casually in Vanilla but decided on him pretty quickly after Ultimate came out. My third character was actually the hardest in deciding. It took me a couple of months until I chose Wesker.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I really miss the wonderful DHC and crumple combo setups Ryu and Iron Fist had. The crescent heel assist setup Ryu for stuff, the beam and dragons fire combos...just such a perfect duo for bro combos. Sad thing was they were both just far too weak to space control tactics in this game. God they were fun together though. Try em in the lab sometime. Its great for combo videos. Chuck a Spencer in at anchor for the combo vid and watch it go nuts with the extensions. Never got around to trying goofy stuff like Team Super Dormammu/Iron Fist/Spencer teams in the lab. I'd seen a team super with Dorm where fists of fury outran the ball and the opponent was still being juggled by the ball once Iron Fist recovered. Never got around to seeing if it would be possible to Spencer assist him off of that into more hits.
Yup, Ryu/Iron Fist was a great combination. DHCs always look boss as fuck. Give them a neutral assist and it's really fun to play.

Ghazi

Can you raw tag Chris into OTG?
For now, I'm going to be assuming Chris is dead when I get to Jill. But, if I was snapped there are loads of extensions I can get off tagging Chris in. Assuming I haven't used my wallbounce I could easily do (down-forward H) gunshot into magnum or boulder punch H and even do an entire bnb off that.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";95401495]Well arrow kick should give you a soft knockdown even if you used up the bounce, so you could probably use that to extend the combo. Or if you're using the DP assist you might be able to volcano, sky dance. Assuming Chris is dead.[/QUOTE]
I didn't know the assist version of Arrow Kick gave a soft knockdown, that's handy. Yeah, that sounds like it could work, I'll try it out soon. I usually run with Somersault assist though, but I choose Arrow Kick from time to time so yeah.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Is the UMVC3 guide still accurate? If so, is there a digital version somewhere? Can't find a digital version on amazon so I guess I'm not using my gift cards on that.

GGs TWILT, did slightly better today with the counterpicks. So nice being able to play neutral against strider assist, even if I haven't played Wesker in months.

Ghazi

Is the UMVC3 guide still accurate? If so, is there a digital version somewhere? Can't find a digital version on amazon so I guess I'm not using my gift cards on that.

I'd definitely recommend buying the hardback copy, it's the only one available anyway afaik. If you want it for frame data and the likes, you could always just check out the UMvC3 wiki, but the guide is a pretty rad book. It's also pretty cheap on Amazon.

That reminds me, a local Target was trying to sell stacks of the guide for Vanilla for $3, no one bought them lol.

shaowebb

Yup, Ryu/Iron Fist was a great combination. DHCs always look boss as fuck. Give them a neutral assist and it's really fun to play.

Yeah, I remember we had talked on this idea before launch and then on Kadey's stream on the first day you were tearing up the lobby with it. It was really fun to play them together. Best buds for combo styling.

onionfrog

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";95353171]

• Hawkeye/Vergil/Shuma
  • Magneto/Sentinel/Dante
[/QUOTE]
Right now my presets are:
  • Felicia/Hawkeye/Strider
  • Hawkeye/Dante/Strider
  • Hawkeye/Storm/Sentinel
I play a lot of miscellaneous teams too. I like messing around with different character combinations.

FSLink

Banned
Vanilla launch team:
Tron or She Hulk/Storm/Arthur

Vanilla before UMvC3 came out:
Wolverine (a)/Tron (b)/Akuma (b)
and
Wolverine (y)/Wesker (b)/Tron (b)

UMvC3 launch team:
Ryu (y)/Phoenix Wright (b)/Hawkeye (a)

As everyone knows around here, my current teams in UMvC3 change tons, but my presets are currently:
Zero (b)/Dante (a)/Vergil (y) on PSN, Dante (a)/Vergil (y)/Strider (y) on XBL
Zero (b)/Dr. Doom (a)/Vergil (y)
Nova (b)/Dr. Strange (y)/Spencer (b)

Working on:
Hulk (b)/Phoenix Wright (y)/Dr. Doom (b)
Hulk (a)/Sentinel (a)/Haggar (a)
Chris (b)/Haggar (a)/Strider (y)

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Well I got to eighth lord and my win rate is approaching 50 so I guess I'm getting a little better.

I still get bopped by people who just mash tatsu and footdives though.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
People who resort to spamming foot dives usually do so because they aren't actually good at the game and it's the only way they can win.

Ghazi

Well I got to eighth lord and my win rate is approaching 50 so I guess I'm getting a little better.

I still get bopped by people who just mash tatsu and footdives though.

goddamn, what team are you playing? Edit: oh whoops for some reason I thought it said fourth lord and I remembered you were new and was surprised.

edit: I have a problem with the Chris BnB now, every time I try to do the super after flamethrower, it either doesn't come out at all (yes, I'm positive I'm doing the input right!) or (even though it comes out pretty fast) whiffs. Why this so?

goddamn, what team are you playing?

edit: I have a problem with the Chris BnB now, every time I try to do the super after flamethrower, it either doesn't come out at all (yes, I'm positive I'm doing the input right!) or (even though it comes out pretty fast) whiffs. Why this so?
I am not a Chris player, but I think you are cutting Flamethrower short. This move props your opponent up, so maybe you need to hold it longer to get more vertical leverage.

Anyone want to play?

Ghazi

I am not a Chris player, but I think you are cutting Flamethrower short. This move props your opponent up, so maybe you need to hold it longer to get more vertical leverage.

Anyone want to play?
You're right, I didn't notice that. I thought I was doing magnum too early and they were too close to the ground when I'd start doing flamethrower. That makes sense.

shaowebb

I been talking bout this in the Marvel license thread but I thought I'd whip it out here.

Capcom doesn't try to add in a ton of single player content to their fighting games like NRS does. If UMVC3 could have had a bunch of single player content & unlocks what would you have wanted it to be?

For me the list goes:

• an actual story mode. The trailers were so damned hype I would have loved to just Blaz Blue the story with character archs and trees and then just get those videos. Anything would have worked even if you couldn't do a big movie thing like NRS tried. Just something other than wacky arcade endings.
  • HH local :|
  • Unlockable one shot comics for the cast
  • unlockable trophies and models to fill a "base" with just for viewing. Things like belts for winning under certain conditions or for ranks online.
  • A mode like Test Your Luck with a roulette wheel of handicaps per player at the start of the round
  • A character minigame or two like the old car smash and barrel break
  • Running minigame with Spencer or spiderman where you zipline and try to avoid thrown objects by Magneto or something.
  • Handicap matches like 1 v 3 or something.
  • Various types of arcade ladders like endurance, poison, only marvel, only capcom, etc.
  • trivia minigame
  • marvel memory match game where you flip tiles and try to get matches. Reward is more currency for other unlocks or stuff for your base, etc.
  • custom color palettes
  • unlockable mvc2 soundtrack

Top Bottom