• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Azure J

Teams huh?

Started with: Dante/Felicia/Strider & Dante/Amaterasu/Strider
Ended up with: Viper/Dante/Strider

V/D/S was the team I wanted to play from the start but when I began playing UMVC3, that was pretty much my first experience with a fighter ever. Taking on both Dante and Strider in the same team, people called me crazy for thinking of Viper since I had like no execution whatsoever.

Fast forward a few months and Viper is now the most satisfying character not named Dante to play as in the game for me. There is nothing better than when you get in the groove and establish pressure from full screen away while someone scrambles to get out of the way before mommy comes home.

GGs kevo. Lol@That last message.

And today added another reason for me to hate Task. I was right under him when I did jam session during his Super and that shit did nothing. fuck that fool

Ghazi

I'm feeling a little better, so I'm up to play if someone wants to. Either platform, although I won't play Chris on PSN yet because I haven't practiced him with pad.

Azure J

And today added another reason for me to hate Task. I was right under him when I did jam session during his Super and that shit did nothing. fuck that fool

I really and truly think that Taskmaster is one of Dante's hardest 1 on 1 fights no nonsense. Fast buttons that do everything, a fast super that can be used anywhere and can't even be Bold Blocked like other fast punish supers, excellent throw OSs, and a move that moves him through the large majority of Dante's projectiles = you reaaaaaaally have to change a lot on the fly and stay moving.

Ghazi

GGs Ghazi. I can't believe they gave me Jill 3 times in a row...wtf. I have almost no clue how to use her properly.

Nah, man you're Jill was pretty godlike haha. I have no idea how you kept doing stuff with her that wasn't getting punished. You bodied my Jill haha, I hate mirror matches because it always shows how awful mine is. Also, I'm improving! I think that was the lowest win streak someone here has got on me in a while!!! :)

One thing for note, you should try, after Roundhouse and the wallbounce, you can dash forward and do a Somersault, cancel into qcf. M (plus diagonal up forward after the qcf!), somersault again and super.

I really and truly think that Taskmaster is one of Dante's hardest 1 on 1 fights no nonsense. Fast buttons that do everything, a fast super that can be used anywhere and can't even be Bold Blocked like other fast punish supers, excellent throw OSs, and a move that moves him through the large majority of Dante's projectiles = you reaaaaaaally have to change a lot on the fly and stay moving.
Not surprising. It just sucks since I'm already really bad against Task. I think the only character I feel ok going against Task with is Viper. And I still haven't found a team for her yet, so she doesn't get used much.
Nah, man you're Jill was pretty godlike haha. I have no idea how you kept doing stuff with her that wasn't getting punished. You bodied my Jill haha, I hate mirror matches because it always shows how awful mine is. Also, I'm improving! I think that was the lowest win streak someone here has got on me in a while!!! :)

One thing for note, you should try, after Roundhouse and the wallbounce, you can dash forward and do a Someersault, cancel into qcf. M (plus diagonal up forward after the qcf!), somersault again and super.
Hey, and you got a Perfect.

I dunno...Jill seems pretty safe as long as you keep cancelling everything into the Feral Stance/Crouch, or whatever it's called, but I don't really know. And that's pretty much the only thing I know how to do, haha. I just go for mixup after mixup after mixup. I'll try to add to what I can do though, so I'll look into that.

LOL GGs sir

I'm glad I was at least able to frustrate you once, the way that damn karst team angers me haha

Seriously I have no idea what I was thinking picking doom, other than plasma beam >>>>>>> task arrows. I suck so much ass with doom lol

LOL GGs sir

I'm glad I was at least able to frustrate you once, the way that damn karst team angers me haha

Seriously I have no idea what I was thinking picking doom, other than plasma beam >>>>>>> task arrows. I suck so much ass with doom lol
Oh trust me, I get frustrated all the time at Nova and Spencer. Nova because I will usually know when a reset is coming and I somehow still fail to tech the throw. And Spencer because I have an unusually difficult time throwing him, but only against you!!

Yeah that team is a real bitch once they get going. Personally, when I'm using Nova against Dorm or Doom, I throw out that Human Rocket super all the time. It really keeps people honest if you can combo off of it. Plus it just eats Stalking Flare.

Oh trust me, I get frustrated all the time at Nova and Spencer. Nova because I will usually know when a reset is coming and I somehow still fail to tech the throw. And Spencer because I have an unusually difficult time throwing him, but only against you!!

Yeah that team is a real bitch once they get going. Personally, when I'm using Nova against Dorm or Doom, I throw out that Human Rocket super all the time. It really keeps people honest if you can combo off of it. Plus it just eats Stalking Flare.

I could not agree any more with this statement. Nova resets are very obvious yet teching his throws are nearly impossible.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";95553754]Anyone around? Gonna head on in a few.[/QUOTE]

I feel so drained. I think I've played this shit for like 5 hours. But if you wanna do this, I'm down.

What is GB's psn? He has failed me.

GGs GB. Your movement is great. Goddamn Mags was all over the place.

And that's with a broken M button that keeps me from plink dashing! Goddamn Vajra shouldn't be able to hit me while I'm flying :-(

GGs though, I like your Spiderman team! Super funky.

My Sentinel, Dante and Phoenix are so ass, I always feel like I'm fighting with Magneto and two assists. Morrigan is actually super fun, I guess I could play Magneto/Morrigan/Dante?

Magneto/Dormammu/Morrigan is my favorite but goddamn Morrigan anchor is doodoo.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";95565781]Because I hate playing Doom so much.[/QUOTE]

Me too, but mostly because I don't like playing cheap.

If I was gonna play Doom, I'd probably use Magneto/Doom/Spencer. But my Spencer is a lot like my Dante in that I don't know wtf I'm doing when it comes to anything outside the corner.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";95595022]If I was gonna play Doom, I'd probably use Magneto/Doom/Spencer. But my Spencer is a lot like my Dante in that I don't know wtf I'm doing when it comes to anything outside the corner.[/QUOTE]

Spencer's swing wire is extremely useful, it's very hard for the opponent to block if you catch them at the right angle.

GGs Zissou. I don't know why we DCed there, but it's a good time to take a break. Super intense matches. God I hate Strider! Dante is definitely your weak link. I would love tips on my Doom.

GB, let me know if you want some matches. I need some relaxation after that set.

Ghazi

GGs Zissou. I don't know why we DCed there, but it's a good time to take a break. Super intense matches. God I hate Strider! Dante is definitely your weak link. I would love tips on my Doom.

GB, let me know if you want some matches. I need some relaxation after that set.

I'm sort of feeling like playing now? You want to play? I won't play for super long though.

Zissou

GGs- I needed a break too. I know Dante is my weak link, which is doubly unfortunate against your team because he's my best bet against your Dorm (matchup-wise), but he's still firmly assist tier. Some of the guys I play against regularly offline dabble in Dorm, but nobody plays him backed by missiles or drones, so what little previous match-up experience I had wasn't too relevant. Even with Strider in the back, half the time I'd come in and be stuck blocking forever before I ever got a shot to make a come back!

I don't know if I have much in the way of Doom tips. I would say go for more optimized confirms instead of just j.M into footdive, but online especially it's better safe than sorry. One I do a lot is a happy medium in terms of difficulty vs. damage is j.M, j.M, adf, j.M, j.M, land, st.M, launch. It scales more than doing a more optimized fwd.H footdive confirm, but it's super reliable at normal jump height and leads to a more damaging follow-up combo as opposed to j.M > S footdive. It's also nice that it works in happy b-day situations too. For post air throw follow-ups, try doing addf after the throw animation, land, and then depending on the height you performed the air throw at, you may be able to get in range with a single tri-dash, otherwise you should ground dash cancelled into tri-dash if you're too far away for the single tri-dash to bridge the gap.

Point Doom mirrors are really a battle of attrition, haha. I really felt like it set the pace for the rest of the match- if I got a hit early and took out your Doom, I was in pretty good shape, but if you built to three bars an DHC'd all the way to Dorm, I was done. You were smart and hardly ever got caught by vajra and got wise to my Doom/Dante THC stuff pretty quickly too. I feel like starting a Dante would be better- I just need to work on him in general, so maybe I should start him for a while just to build up match experience. Also, kudos for making Sentinel seem like a real character. Hopefully we'll have a chance to play again before I fly back.

GGs Karst had to go eat lunch
GGs. Get a PS3 stick!

GGs- I needed a break too. I know Dante is my weak link, which is doubly unfortunate against your team because he's my best bet against your Dorm (matchup-wise), but he's still firmly assist tier. Some of the guys I play against regularly offline dabble in Dorm, but nobody plays him backed by missiles or drones, so what little previous match-up experience I had wasn't too relevant. Even with Strider in the back, half the time I'd come in and be stuck blocking forever before I ever got a shot to make a come back!
Oh man, Strider pisses me off so much. Agreed on the matchup point. Dante rarely did stuff. How can no one around you use Dormammu backed by his best assist?! Japan...

I don't know if I have much in the way of Doom tips. I would say go for more optimized confirms instead of just j.M into footdive, but online especially it's better safe than sorry. One I do a lot is a happy medium in terms of difficulty vs. damage is j.M, j.M, adf, j.M, j.M, land, st.M, launch. It scales more than doing a more optimized fwd.H footdive confirm, but it's super reliable at normal jump height and leads to a more damaging follow-up combo as opposed to j.M > S footdive. It's also nice that it works in happy b-day situations too. For post air throw follow-ups, try doing addf after the throw animation, land, and then depending on the height you performed the air throw at, you may be able to get in range with a single tri-dash, otherwise you should ground dash cancelled into tri-dash if you're too far away for the single tri-dash to bridge the gap.
Thank you. My Doom is still mediocre. Man, I have been playing so much SF that I had gotten used to it's slow playstyle. Today actually stressed me out with how much chaos was going on. I have become used to poking people to death with normals. I wonder if this is why most Sf players can't handle Marvel.
Point Doom mirrors are really a battle of attrition, haha. I really felt like it set the pace for the rest of the match- if I got a hit early and took out your Doom, I was in pretty good shape, but if you built to three bars an DHC'd all the way to Dorm, I was done. You were smart and hardly ever got caught by vajra and got wise to my Doom/Dante THC stuff pretty quickly too. I feel like starting a Dante would be better- I just need to work on him in general, so maybe I should start him for a while just to build up match experience. Also, kudos for making Sentinel seem like a real character. Hopefully we'll have a chance to play again before I fly back.
Whoever lost Doom first tended to lose, and if I got Dormammu in safely I tended to win. Your Dante could not do crap against HM+drone spam. I kept wondering when you would find a way around it.

I should get better at punishing Vajra. Drones hit him to the ground a few times and I consistently failed to OTG him into Sphere Flame. Sentinel is garbage, but he can delay for opportunities sometimes. I felt good about him making a few comebacks, but overall it was over if I got down to him. Very different from your team, where I feel like I still have Dark Phoenix waiting in the back.

I think your main Dante problem is just that you aren't aggressive enough with him. I didn't feel threatened by him very often. The Doom mirrors...I think I should be winning every time, because your only full screen neutral assist can be countered by Sphere Flame. I hardly ever got to rush, though. Our matches made me crave a Doom/Sentinel/Strider team. If only Dormammu had tracking Purification assist...

Ghazi

GGs. Get a PS3 stick!

I need to, switching between stick and pad is killing me, especially since I mostly play online with you guys and spend most time in training on the 360. I need to get mine dual modded, and there was talk about getting someone who does these things at the tournament I was going to this month, but I'm not going to it anymore. So, waiting a little longer.

At the beginning of each match I was trying to throw you, and various times when we were both standing still beside each other I was trying to throw you. Like I said, it doesn't work. Throw resets in combos are annoying too, I don't even bother blocking anymore when getting combo'd on, just mash forward heavy, and it still doesn't tech throws I know are coming. Agh, it makes me so angry how much shit Doom can confirm off of and his hitboxes.I don't play Wolverine or Frank anymore, but they're probably my best characters lol.

I'm watching CorkyJay play Marlinpie now, his Jill is pretty good. I can do a fair amount of the combos he's doing, but the way he moves around is what makes him win. I need to stop working on combos and work on that, that's my biggest issue :/

Also, I'm now getting a "Disc is Unreadable" error on my 360 copy of Marvel, problem is that it's digital. Fuck you MS. E: It's working now, but it did 6 start ups in a row with that error. It should not be happening at all WTF.

GG's Zissou.

I was getting so fucking upset at all the Dante combos I was dropping, which is why I switched him to point. I did a little better. I think it has something to do with Dante mirrors that causes me to flail around like an idiot so much. I mean bold cancel into teleport......I DO THIS SHIT ALL THE TIME...WTF

That goddamn Doom.....sheesh.

Zissou

GG's Zissou.

I was getting so fucking upset at all the Dante combos I was dropping, which is why I switched him to point. I did a little better. I think it has something to do with Dante mirrors that causes me to flail around like an idiot so much. I mean bold cancel into teleport......I DO THIS SHIT ALL THE TIME...WTF

That goddamn Doom.....sheesh.

GGs! Is the Chris team your main team? I need to learn to fight against vajra assist better, haha. Also, I could not for the life of me superjump out of prone shot stuff- I need to work out the timing for that in training mode. Your Dante/Strider put mine to shame. I know that feel of messing up Dante stuff- very frustrating.

Top Bottom