• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Ghazi

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";95158222]700k for one bar is pretty typical of the whole cast... but it's good you found a character you like.[/QUOTE]

I get like 720k with a full Dante combo, which is much more complicated than the magic series here, and about 621k with my simple Jill jump loops.

I was more surprised that I was getting such easy damage off a magic series, rather than being surprised he did that much damage. It's ridiculously easy damage, and I'm looking forward to figuring out more complicated things with him.

After I finish the tutorial I think I may go watch some LLND and Senor Taxi matches.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";95165968]Well, Dante has exceptionally bad scaling.

I've got meterless Magneto combos that do over 800k.

edit: going online for a little while[/QUOTE]
Ill play for a bit

I just got UMvC3 for 360 due to the sale last week. I played MvC3 for a long while but wasn't terribly great at it, but I'm doing another go with UMvC3 and seeing if I can't get at least one team I'm good with.

Right now I'm running a Nova-Vergil-Strider team. I really like the combination, although I think I'm going to switch Vergil to anchor since Strider is my weakest of the three right now. I basically use Vergil's Dimension Cut as an assist to zone and Strider's Vajra to allow Nova to get in close for combos. The problem is I can't seem to find something good to link after a Nova Slam.

Any help or tips on how to work this particular team would be great.

Vice

I just got UMvC3 for 360 due to the sale last week. I played MvC3 for a long while but wasn't terribly great at it, but I'm doing another go with UMvC3 and seeing if I can't get at least one team I'm good with.

Right now I'm running a Nova-Vergil-Strider team. I really like the combination, although I think I'm going to switch Vergil to anchor since Strider is my weakest of the three right now. I basically use Vergil's Dimension Cut as an assist to zone and Strider's Vajra to allow Nova to get in close for combos. The problem is I can't seem to find something good to link after a Nova Slam.

Any help or tips on how to work this particular team would be great.

During the slam, when the fist contact the body, call Vajra. Then press launcher and then do H. Centurium Rush.

Lots of examples of stuff to do here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ot2dhn4eLc

Ghazi

YEAH ONION! YOU AVOIDING KARST, ARE YA? ARE YA?
Vergil is disappoint.
tumblr_m2wknzRP0T1rnd9u5o1_1280.jpg

:p

Why did I never try Chris sooner? I'm loving this, great damage and range options alongside being able to make most things safe. Not to mention I get a wall/pillar of bullshit with Jam Session and tons of extension options with Jill.

I figured this simple magic series out in the 10 minutes I just played with Chris that does 700k damage with one bar wtf lol. And it's super crappy, there are so many better options to do it with, and that was without flamethrower!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I wanted to try some things minus flamethrower) Though I'm sure 700k is average damage for a Chris full combo.

Also, I don't think you can plink dash backwards with L+M -> H because you get Flamethrower, I had to plink from L-> L+M. Any recommendations for that?

Damn that was fun, I'm going to go watch that tutorial now

EWmof.gif
Karsticles
p0QHO.gif

Not sure what you're doing with Chris that you think is safe, but chances are that it's not. Just want to point that out so you don't get irritated when people start punishing you for shit.

And yes you should you that combination to plink backward. Getting flamethrower on accident is death.

Ghazi

Not sure what you're doing with Chris that you think is safe, but chances are that it's not. Just want to point that out so you don't get irritated when people start punishing you for shit.

And yes you should you that combination to plink backward. Getting flamethrower on accident is death.
I didn't say I do things myself to make him safe, I just said he has a lot of options.

For example:
Down forward H gunshot into M grenade is completely safe.

Mines and grenades in general can keep me fairly safe. I'm also excited about mid and full screen confirms.

I didn't even realize the normal one had invincibility frames.

How lol? The first thing my friends did to break my random helmet breaker habit was to shoryuken the crap out of me when I tried to do it haha.

I didn't say I do things myself to make him safe, I just said he has a lot of options.

For example:
Down forward H gunshot into M grenade is completely safe.

Mines and grenades in general can keep me fairly safe. I'm also excited about mid and full screen confirms.

How lol? The first thing my friends did to break my random helmet breaker habit was to shoryuken the crap out of me when I tried to do it haha.

You mentioned being able to make most things safe, so I assumed you were speaking of blockstrings.

But I hope you stick with him. I always welcome more Chris players.

Ghazi

You mentioned being able to make most things safe, so I assumed you were speaking of blockstrings.

But I hope you stick with him. I always welcome more Chris players.

Only problem if I learn him is that it'll be a pain transitioning him from stick to pad when I go to the PS3. So once I get everything down I'll have to just work on getting it good there. I could not play my Magneto at all against Beef because I realized I'd never done my combos on pad.

One thing, I have trouble, after an air special, doing air Magnum. Sometimes the animation is at the end before the shot is fired before hitting the ground, sometimes it doesn't come out at all and I just get j. H, and sometimes it connects. Seems pretty random, the timing is super wonky, and I tried a bunch of variations and delays. Just another thing I'll have to work on, I'm liking him a lot though and I'm surprised more people don't use him as effectively as Senor Taxi or LLND. Senor Taxi beating Chris G with that team can't have hurt Chris (Redfield's) popularity.

Only problem if I learn him is that it'll be a pain transitioning him from stick to pad when I go to the PS3. So once I get everything down I'll have to just work on getting it good there. I could not play my Magneto at all against Beef because I realized I'd never done my combos on pad.

One thing, I have trouble, after an air special, doing air Magnum. Sometimes the animation is at the end before the shot is fired before hitting the ground, sometimes it doesn't come out at all and I just get j. H, and sometimes it connects. Seems pretty random, the timing is super wonky, and I tried a bunch of variations and delays. Just another thing I'll have to work on, I'm liking him a lot though and I'm surprised more people don't use him as effectively as Senor Taxi or LLND. Senor Taxi beating Chris G with that team can't have hurt Chris (Redfield's) popularity.
Well I'm not sure when you're trying to do the air Magnum. If it's after a normal mmhs series then you can just land and do a regular jump and Magnum. If it's the one where you do a launch and then immediately j.s then yeah the timing can be a little weird since you can't see yourself.

I'm glad more people don't use him. Gives me an edge. Don't get me wrong, I like people to play him, but I also like the fact that he's not used very much.

Ghazi

Well I'm not sure when you're trying to do the air Magnum. If it's after a normal mmhs series then you can just land and do a regular jump and Magnum. If it's the one where you do a launch and then immediately j.s then yeah the timing can be a little weird since you can't see yourself.
It's the launch and immediate j.S one yes, I should have clarified. Yeah, I'm sure I'll iron it out tomorrow, it can't be as bad as Magneto Hyper Grav loops can it?

Ok so here's how to get a raw tag to Strange Loops off of C.Viper:

whatever combo -> hard knockdown, dash back, A1(slant shot), Seismo M, jc Focus Attack, backdash EX Thunder Knuckle, raw tag to Strange, 2HS etc

There isn't normally enough time for the raw tag, so you have to create distance to hit as late as possible with the EX Thunder Knuckle.

It's super difficult, but not out of the range of what's already expected of Viper players and I'm sure it'd be second nature with practice.

The timing's about as tight as Vega's clFP xx EX roll after a focus attack in SF4.

smurfx

get some go again
man i must be one of the most avoided people on ranked.

jbc1BU8zMd7VHi.jpg

if somebody is beating you all the time then wouldn't you want to play them until you can beat them? i know that's what i've always done. i've noticed vergil users are usually the first ones that avoid playing once they get beaten frequently. also the first ones to taunt after finally getting the win.

I remember when all the douchebags played Dante and Wesker. Then they found a new trenchcoat. Dante players are now good guys, and Wesker players are all respectable community members.

jbc1BU8zMd7VHi.jpg

if somebody is beating you all the time then wouldn't you want to play them until you can beat them? i know that's what i've always done. i've noticed vergil users are usually the first ones that avoid playing once they get beaten frequently. also the first ones to taunt after finally getting the win.

Haha, so true.

And yeah getting my ass beat repeatedly just motivates me.

I remember getting my ass pummeled by Alex Valle at 3rd Strike and it took me like 10 bucks worth of quarters to beat him once.

I think the mentality of the generation that showed up during SF4 is just....different.

Ghazi

jbc1BU8zMd7VHi.jpg

Make new accounts lol (even though people will probably recognize your team)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I remember when all the douchebags played Dante and Wesker. Then they found a new trenchcoat. Dante players are now good guys, and Wesker players are all respectable community members.

lol, this is so true.

Everyone thought I was a huge douchebag, rocking Dante+Wesker. So misunderstood. :(

LakeEarth

Haha, so true.

And yeah getting my ass beat repeatedly just motivates me.

I remember getting my ass pummeled by Alex Valle at 3rd Strike and it took me like 10 bucks worth of quarters to beat him once.

I think the mentality of the generation that showed up during SF4 is just....different.

I used to play him on 3rd Strike on Xbox Live back in the day. Didn't even know who he was at the time, just that he had a really really good Ryu.

Ghazi

I finally got audio working on my capture card!!!! Hopefully I'll be streaming tomorrow, I'll probably just be training since I haven't had much time to play in the past 2 days
LLShC.gif

I laugh thinking back to the vanilla days where people thought Wesker and Sentinal were so OP. Man those where the days lol.

Top Bottom