• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Sentinel has an amazing s.M. use it. It stomps a lot of aerial approaches and dive kicks. Be mobile with him and try to armor through an approach. Use beams canceled into Sentinel Force a lot when being defensive, and don't neglect Sentinel Force H. It shuts down most approaches. Don't random HSF.

FSLink

Banned
Have you tried putting Iron Man mid, and Sentinel on anchor?

I have, but I'm not a fan of Iron Man having some awful DHC options whereas I at least get Hyper Sentinel Force with Sentinel 2nd. It's pretty rare to want to DHC Zero out, but I do it from time to time and would rather have that option available.

I have, but I'm not a fan of Iron Man having some awful DHC options whereas I at least get Hyper Sentinel Force with Sentinel 2nd. It's pretty rare to want to DHC Zero out, but I do it from time to time and would rather have that option available.

Man I love Iron Man but I only find myself putting him after Rocket Raccoon since that's one of the only ways to DHC safely.

Mad Hopper is my God.

Sigmaah

Sentinel has an amazing s.M. use it. It stomps a lot of aerial approaches and dive kicks. Be mobile with him and try to armor through an approach. Use beams canceled into Sentinel Force a lot when being defensive, and don't neglect Sentinel Force H. It shuts down most approaches. Don't random HSF.

I shall do this! Thanks for the tips bruhbruh!

Sigmaah

HSF can be used as a handy anti air though. If you know someone has committed to something in the air (Wolvie dive kick) then throw it out there. And if Sentinel happens to get hit then you get a nice combo off of it.

Gotcha, gotta really level up my sent from what I've seen myself do so far. I dunno how to properly approach the other player while being super safe.

Why does plasma beam beat everything? I don't even care if it comes from behind the point character, it fucking beats everything

Gotcha, gotta really level up my sent from what I've seen myself do so far. I dunno how to properly approach the other player while being super safe.

Why does plasma beam beat everything? I don't even care if it comes from behind the point character, it fucking beats everything

I personally use flight a lot. A whole lot. A lot of j.M unfly j.M. J.H xx Rocket Punch. H or cr.H xx fly. You have to be careful though because everyone is gonna be looking to air grab you. Especially Doom, Wolverine, and Vergil. Always try to have a meter stocked for a Hard Drive or HSF. As long as you have xf you will get a kill off of either one of those hitting. Tiger knee Hard Drives are solid wake up and reversal options, just make sure you have xf since people have gotten much better at punishing it.

Practice in the corner to make everything easier and focus on the j.H dash j.H dash j.H dash rhythm. You trying to do the FChamp bnb or what?

No, just the LMHS jH dash jM flight jL [H-dash]x4 S. I keep hitting the M again to give me grav instead of flight. When I do cancel the flight, I mess up the H dash rhythm.

Zissou

No, just the LMHS jH dash jM flight jL [H-dash]x4 S. I keep hitting the M again to give me grav instead of flight. When I do cancel the flight, I mess up the H dash rhythm.

In the corner practice launch, H, fly, then the flight combo- you'll have more leniency going into the flight portion and once you're comfortable with that, go back to doing it midscreen. Midscreen you can also simplify it to just launch, j.M fly or launch (delayed super jump), j.H fly.

JeTmAn81

I'd say probably the flight loop would be the first B&B to work on with Mags. Save the Magnetic Blast stuff for later. I've always found the flight loops are made much easier by using a macro button set to L+M for the dashes. You need to practice it over and over until the timing makes sense, and then you can make it work. It would be a good idea to watch a video of somebody else doing it and try to memorize the timing from that as well.

JeTmAn81

That combo's not entirely impractical, either. People get hit by j.H frequently. Usually it's auto-piloted into a j.S for the easy ground bounce followup, but I could see an expert Sentinel user getting the unfly j.M in time.

FSLink

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";99599741]Hard Drive, S jc Plasma Storm, Plasma Storm is really hard, though.[/QUOTE]

How much more damaging is that compared to just two hard drives then a Plasma Storm anyway?

RayRay has done it a few times. Probably more consistent than trying to go for another Harddrive loop which is inconsistent as fuck.

I'm pretty solid at my hard drive loops, but I might give the other one a try just for Zero and Vergil, who don't stay in loops for shit.

I can't even begin to count how many times I've hit Vergil with hard drive just to have him not pop up properly, which of course leads to my death.

Frantic

GGs smurf, despite the lag. Started to experiment more, and playing you sort of helped me get out of my recent stump of autopiloting. Felt like I did better overall this time than last time, too(first few games aside). Gonna start snapping every time I see Sharp Sting, haha.

Edit: And just something random, but I learned that you can punish Nemesis' Bioweapon Assault with a neutral tech snapback. Worst super, or worst super?

GGs smurf, despite the lag. Started to experiment more, and playing you sort of helped me get out of my recent stump of autopiloting. Felt like I did better overall this time than last time, too(first few games aside). Gonna start snapping every time I see Sharp Sting, haha.

Edit: And just something random, but I learned that you can punish Nemesis' Bioweapon Assault with a neutral tech snapback. Worst super, or worst super?
You mean like...you recover faster than him on hit even though you get ground bounced? That is ridiculous.

Frantic

You mean like...you recover faster than him on hit even though you get ground bounced? That is ridiculous.
Yep. I was just testing this after I managed to do it against someone(and I was wondering if it was a genuine punish, or just he hit a button)... and I just found out Trish can neutral tech s.L, so technically anyone with at least a five frame normal can punish Bioweapon Assault.

I think we have a new worst super in the game.

Edit: Actually, this seems somewhat character specific. Trish is the only one who can seemingly s.L punish it. Wesker, Magneto and Strider, for example, cannot. Magneto also can't seem to snapback punish it... it's weird. Does every character have unique framedata for recovery or something?

Zissou

Is there a "my first Bnb" for magneto?

I would recommend putting in the time to learn the FChamp bnb because:

1) it's reliable and works on the whole cast
2) does a full corner carry making it easy to end the combo with tempest and DHC into just about anybody (and lets you ignore side-switch stuff)
and
3) does pretty good damage and has pretty good meter build (not THAT far off from his really really optimized stuff)

i-Jest

Did you guys know MvC3's Vita version and it's DLC were still available on the Vita's PSN store? Had to cop it one last time (Y)

Sigmaah

I personally use flight a lot. A whole lot. A lot of j.M unfly j.M. J.H xx Rocket Punch. H or cr.H xx fly. You have to be careful though because everyone is gonna be looking to air grab you. Especially Doom, Wolverine, and Vergil. Always try to have a meter stocked for a Hard Drive or HSF. As long as you have xf you will get a kill off of either one of those hitting. Tiger knee Hard Drives are solid wake up and reversal options, just make sure you have xf since people have gotten much better at punishing it.

Yay for more Sent Tips! thanks! Will use this for my play.

Anyone tryna play 360 in like 20 min?

Did you guys know MvC3's Vita version and it's DLC were still available on the Vita's PSN store? Had to cop it one last time (Y)

Is the Vita's versions DLC backwards compatible with the PS3 version because I believe the DLC for the PS3 version IS compatible with the Vita version.

i-Jest

Is the Vita's versions DLC backwards compatible with the PS3 version because I believe the DLC for the PS3 version IS compatible with the Vita version.

Vita's DLC isn't backwards compatible as far as I'm aware. I know when I bought the Value Pack I got all the costume DLC for both versions. That was apart of the deal when it went on sale. Current the description doesn't say anything about the PS3's DLC.

RayRay has done it a few times. Probably more consistent than trying to go for another Harddrive loop which is inconsistent as fuck.

Does he get the first one off of S? That's the part I thought might be new. I've seen him get it off of air Magnetic Tempest DHCs plenty of times.

tried about an hour more with Magneto. I feel like I am getting better with movement but still haven't pulled off any combos. This feels like the most frustrating part when learning a new character. I think I hit LMHS -jH dash jM fly but drop jL-jH more that hit it. Can't tell if its the first jH to blame or I am hitting flight jL-jH too slow.

tried about an hour more with Magneto. I feel like I am getting better with movement but still haven't pulled off any combos. This feels like the most frustrating part when learning a new character. I think I hit LMHS -jH dash jM fly but drop jL-jH more that hit it. Can't tell if its the first jH to blame or I am hitting flight jL-jH too slow.

Try double tapping the jL and rolling straight to jH.

Ghazi

The only thing I can do with Magneto was that day 1 fly/unfly combo that did awful damage, shame because I had gotten it down pretty well and was working on grav loops at the time.

Oh well, I really wish I could play with my stick on PS3, I never bother trying when playing on there because pad has been so frustrating to play on since learning the stick. I changed control schemes last weekend too.

I'm waiting a while to buy a smaller computer monitor to play on, with a high refresh rate. I figured out playing on a 55" TV that apparently had all the image features on was a bad idea, my muscle memory is stuck to that and I can't play on small monitors at all.

EasyMode

I still can't do hyper grav loops worth a damn. They may be truly out of my reach, execution-wise- feel bad man.

For the air dash down, are you using buttons or double tapping with the stick? I find double tapping easier. It helps me with timing, plus pressing down, down + H causes the j.H to come out sooner than holding down and plinking LM~H.

Unless you mean online, cause that shit feels impossible to do.

TWILT

Banned
Yeah good games. Really enjoyed fighting your unique teams. Still gotta work on my Spider-Man hitconfirms (and my Doom's...everything), but really liking this team.

Ghazi

Ooh, nice, I think I'll pick one of those up when I buy a new monitor, it's worth the money anyway. Thanks!

I knew they existed, but I never actually thought they may work for the stick (as for some reason, the 360 treats it slightly differently than a controller). Worth a shot.

Ooh, nice, I think I'll pick one of those up when I buy a new monitor, it's worth the money anyway. Thanks!

I knew they existed, but I never actually thought they may work for the stick (as for some reason, the 360 treats it slightly differently than a controller). Worth a shot.

Yea I don't know if it works with the stick but it was an idea maybe you could look around for.

Yeah good games. Really enjoyed fighting your unique teams. Still gotta work on my Spider-Man hitconfirms (and my Doom's...everything), but really liking this team.
Yeah I've gotta work on the Iron Fist/Strange/Dante team. I just made that a few days ago and wanted to give it a shot online.

The Raccoon team is still new but I'm really liking it. I was happy to get those three reps of Boulder loops. First time I've been able to do that online.

Top Bottom