• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Degen

9PCLQDU.png

Dahbomb

What's the cut-off/definition for "absurd" damage? I propose- does over one million damage off of realistic confirms (non optimal confirm, throw, etc.) in a meter neutral/positive fashion when properly assisted. TAC stuff has to be exempted from this, I suppose. Who fits the criteria? Hulk, Spencer, Zero, Strange, Doom, Shuma (in the corner), Chris, Spider-man...?
I made a chart/tier ranking of damage in this game although things get very muddy when you include assists because characters like Iron Man go from good damage to excellent damage very easily.

These are my tiers for damage and this is including average BnB damage (not weird corner only, character specific impractical combo)

Below 600K 1 bar = Low damage (ex: Firebrand)
600-700K 1 bar = Mediocre damage (ex: Storm)
700-800K 1 bar = Average damage (ex: Dante)
800-900K 1 bar = Good/High damage (ex: Magneto)
900-1000K 1 bar = Very High damage damage (ex: Doom)
1000K+ 1 bar = Absurd/broken damage (ex: Zero)

I would also add that since most hypers do like 150-200K damage at the end of combos you can take that much damage to get average damage meterless damage. Someone like Storm does low meterless damage but somewhat makes it up with her high damaging hyper.

Then some characters like Spencer, Iron Man, Haggar etc. gain HUGE boosts from having assists. Like in the case of Spencer, every assist can add potentially 160K+ damage to his combos.

Then you have characters who can start off with 0 bar but build 2 bars in a combo and do more damage than they should. Like Doom normally gets somewhere in the 900K range of damage as a BnB (which is very high in this game) but with Hidden Missiles into ground Photon Array he can go into Foot Dive into Plasma Beam air Photon Array. And Doom can build 2 bars in a combo.

Vergil is also an anomaly... for 1 bar he gets good damage but he normally does like 2-3 Spiral Sword loops and kills every character in the game by just building enough meter to do another loop.

I would also add that even if you do "average" damage in this game... that is in most cases going to lead into a dead character. With assists + DHCs + hyper loops + most good characters having low health you usually have a TOD.

smurfx

get some go again
which character has the lowest damage from a hyper at the end of a combo? haggar only gets 60k from stomach press if he doesn't connect any other hits when coming down.

TWILT

Banned
Good games Beats. Was a fun and very long set.

Still gotta work on my Spider-Man hitconfirms (and well, overall combos), but he's still a lot of fun. Gotta try different assists besides Jam Session too.

Beats

Good games Beats. Was a fun and very long set.

Still gotta work on my Spider-Man hitconfirms (and well, overall combos), but he's still a lot of fun. Gotta try different assists besides Jam Session too.

Good games. Yeah, that was a long set haha. You beat me pretty bad too lol, but I'm happy I got some wins in there. >.<

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
If anyones up and willing, I wanted to play some matches on PSN to try to get better. Im fairly new, so I'm trying to figure out how to get better.

LakeEarth

which character has the lowest damage from a hyper at the end of a combo? haggar only gets 60k from stomach press if he doesn't connect any other hits when coming down.

And also makes them fly across the screen so that Haggar loses any kind of pressure.

onionfrog

I haven't checked but I want to say Strider.
Legion is so ass!

If anyones up and willing, I wanted to play some matches on PSN to try to get better. Im fairly new, so I'm trying to figure out how to get better.
Welcome!
What team do you play?
If we know who you play I'm sure some people here will be able to provide some helpful tips.

Add me on PSN and we'll play some time.
My PSN ID: onionfrog

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
I haven't checked but I want to say Strider.
Legion is so ass!

Welcome!
What team do you play?
If we know who you play I'm sure some people here will be able to provide some helpful tips.

Add me on PSN and we'll play some time.
My PSN ID: onionfrog

Ive been swapping around, trying different people, but i think i know dante and virgil okay. Ive tried playing nova, zero somewhat, and i like deadpool an taskmaster, but i dont think im very good with them. Hell, im not very good in the first place but i beat arcade with dante and virgil.

Ill be sure to add you, but i just burned a big part of my thumb, so i dont know if ill be playing any time soon.

Zissou

Thanks for that. I'm not dashing fast enough on the ground.

No problem! I imagine it might be really tight/impossible on smaller character though (at least in certain situations).

I made a chart/tier ranking of damage in this game although things get very muddy when you include assists because characters like Iron Man go from good damage to excellent damage very easily.

These are my tiers for damage and this is including average BnB damage (not weird corner only, character specific impractical combo)

Below 600K 1 bar = Low damage (ex: Firebrand)
600-700K 1 bar = Mediocre damage (ex: Storm)
700-800K 1 bar = Average damage (ex: Dante)
800-900K 1 bar = Good/High damage (ex: Magneto)
900-1000K 1 bar = Very High damage damage (ex: Doom)
1000K+ 1 bar = Absurd/broken damage (ex: Zero)

I would also add that since most hypers do like 150-200K damage at the end of combos you can take that much damage to get average damage meterless damage. Someone like Storm does low meterless damage but somewhat makes it up with her high damaging hyper.

Then some characters like Spencer, Iron Man, Haggar etc. gain HUGE boosts from having assists. Like in the case of Spencer, every assist can add potentially 160K+ damage to his combos.

Then you have characters who can start off with 0 bar but build 2 bars in a combo and do more damage than they should. Like Doom normally gets somewhere in the 900K range of damage as a BnB (which is very high in this game) but with Hidden Missiles into ground Photon Array he can go into Foot Dive into Plasma Beam air Photon Array. And Doom can build 2 bars in a combo.

Vergil is also an anomaly... for 1 bar he gets good damage but he normally does like 2-3 Spiral Sword loops and kills every character in the game by just building enough meter to do another loop.

I would also add that even if you do "average" damage in this game... that is in most cases going to lead into a dead character. With assists + DHCs + hyper loops + most good characters having low health you usually have a TOD.

Nice round-up. I wonder what Capcom's actual intent was damage-wise and how aware they were of some of the character's damage output before the game was released.

Ghazi

What am I supposed to do full screen with lvl 1 Frank against Magneto, Doom, or Vergil (who tps to me with Spiral Swords) or sometimes spams Dimension Slash? I never managed to get him past level 1, Nova always gets killed.

I'm totally locked down, as usually I'm getting hit by Hidden Missiles or Disruptor (I never get to the point of even killing one character).

I went on a 20 loss streak, and a 40 loss streak against the same Magneto/Vergil/Doom player today at a local game night. And people there asked me why I was too scared to go to KiT
TadkV.gif
fools.

Hell, all the sets were boring because, as Nova, every encounter was the same. I would try to box dash every single time with j.H and then get hit by something and watch myself get touch of death'd, everytime. As Frank, I'm level 1 and I have no BnB for level 1 Frank that works, so if I don't get him past level 1 he's automatically a filler character until Dante. I managed to do the most damage with Dante, even though he's my worst character, I don't even know how I did it. It doesn't help that I got grabbed at least 15-20 times because this game's grab and tech mechanic is garbage, because I would just get Hs out of trying to grab and teching never works. Pushblocking fucked me over a lot as well.

Maybe it's time to just try Street Fighter, the guy there could tell I was getting frustrated as I started doing random X-factors, supers, ending blockstrings with S, and just a blatant disregard for everything like meter, when I used my x-factor, characters. My reactions slowed down immensely, I didn't even block a single Rapid Slash during all those sets and he started completely dropping combos that he had no problem doing before. It's no fun playing people when they're going to go easy on me like that, I hate it. I mean, he tried giving me some tips, but once I switched to Wolverine/Dante/Vergil it all went downhill even more.

Vice

What am I supposed to do full screen with lvl 1 Frank against Magneto, Doom, or Vergil (who tps to me with Spiral Swords) or sometimes spams Dimension Slash? I never managed to get him past level 1, Nova always gets killed.

I'm totally locked down, as usually I'm getting hit by Hidden Missiles or Disruptor (I never get to the point of even killing one character).

I went on a 20 loss streak, and a 40 loss streak against the same Magneto/Vergil/Doom player. And people there asked me why I was too scared to go to KiT
TadkV.gif
fools.

Hell, all the sets were boring because, as Nova, I'd always try to box dash j.H and then get hit by something and watch myself get touch of death'd everytime. As Frank, I'm level 1 and I have no BnB for level 1 Frank that works, so if I don't get him past level 1 he's automatically a filler character until Dante. I managed to do the most damage with Dante, even though he's my worst character, I don't even know how I did it.

Maybe it's time to just try Street Fighter, the guy there could tell I was getting frustrated as I started doing random X-factors, supers, ending blockstrings with S, and just a blatant disregard for everything like meter, when I used my x-factor, characters.

I know these matchups well.

Those three character body level 1 Frank. He doesn't have the mobility or safety to handle any of them. You just have to try to go in or tag to Dante.

With that said Nova can easily dominate Mag/Doom. High speed tackle and gravimetric pulse L level 2 or 3 means you can beat any missile call on reaction. If the Magneto call missles then uses disrupter you can easily catch both of them.

Jam session and weasel shot are both good assists for these matchups. Jam clears missiles but weasel shot can interrupt Doom while locking Magneto down.

Try to move on the ground against Mag/Doom, their air control is too good for box dash H. You'll want to save your air dashes to avoid their attacks.

Gravimetric pulse H also shuts down disrupter once you can get one off. If you can use the heavy gravimetric pulse to back Magneto into the corner with you assists.

Also, if you need to waste time against Mag/Doom you can super jump then fly and wait in the corner. All they can do is come at you or call missiles which won't kill Nova quickly.

Personally, I would kill Magneto then use Doom to level Frank up. All three of your characters at that point body Doom and level 4/5 Frank can either hit Vergil with some disgusting incoming setup or snap Vergil in instead of killing Doom.

Here's an example of how Nova can handle Mag/Doom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpEl1MSbkFY

Ghazi

I know these matchups well.

Those three character body level 1 Frank. He doesn't have the mobility or safety to handle any of them. You just have to try to go in or tag to Dante.
Ok. I mean I didn't have these problems as Dante, but I really want to avoid a raw tag and neither characters have safe supers for a DHC (because I'd do one specifically to get Dante in). I say that because I got punished multiple times when DHCing to Dante with Devil Trigger.

I tried getting across the screen with Frank, but Missiles always kept me pinned, along with the fact that I already have limited combo and range options with lvl 1 Frank.

With that said Nova can easily dominate Mag/Doom. High speed tackle and gravimetric pulse L level 2 or 3 means you can beat any missile call on reaction. If the Magneto call missles then uses disrupter you can easily catch both of them.
I know next to nothing about Nova other than 2 bnbs and box dashing. I don't even know what Gravimetric pulse L does, let alone that it has levels. I'll put some time in reading up and practicing with those moves. I only play the game at those local fight nights, I stopped practicing at home.

Interesting though, it must be a good move to beat missiles, will hopefully help me.
Jam session and weasel shot are both good assists for these matchups. Jam clears missiles but weasel shot can interrupt Doom while locking Magneto down.

Try to move on the ground against Mag/Doom, their air control is too good for box dash H. You'll want to save your air dashes to avoid their attacks.
Interesting, I didn't know Jam gets rid of missiles, I'll have to try that next time. My ground movement is very poor, I cannot plink dash well yet it's the only method of dashing I use. So I always get punished because of the mistimed dashes and when I get random Ms or Hs.
Gravimetric pulse H also shuts down disrupter once you can get one off. If you can use the heavy gravimetric pulse to back Magneto into the corner with you assists.
I tried this, but missiles goes right over it and I get hit anyway so I stopped doing it. I'm adamant about trying on Magneto in a corner, even with assists. Anyways, he always flies away before I get him stuck there.
Also, if you need to waste time against Mag/Doom you can super jump then fly and wait in the corner. All they can do is come at you or call missiles which won't kill Nova quickly.
Tried this as well, he ended up DHCing either into Spiral Swords and teleporting above me or catching me with Dimensions Slash while in flight mode.
Personally, I would kill Magneto then use Doom to level Frank up. All three of your characters at that point body Doom and level 4/5 Frank can either hit Vergil with some disgusting incoming setup or snap Vergil in instead of killing Doom.
Well, I have to be able to hit, let alone kill Magneto to do so, so none of these are options for me, if I get any hit off I'd try to get Frank leveled up because he is how I win my matches.
Here's an example of how Nova can handle Mag/Doom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpEl1MSbkFY
Ah yes, Marvelo. His Nova plays very well, I'll try learning off his and Nemo's Nova.

It doesn't help either that my execution is piss poor there, when I played at home I played on a 55" TV, the screens there are like 20" and low lag so all my muscle memory timings are incorrect, and for some reason it is extremely hard to do correct inputs on these monitors. To the point where I cannot do forward H with Nova without getting crouching H or jump and H more than I get his forward H move.

Wave dash instead of plink dash. Much easier.
I did that when playing pad, but I'm fairly stubborn in that I believe plinking is a much better way of moving and I have problems with plinking with Dante, I always get that Million Stabs move or whatever. I haven't tried it on stick though, maybe it'd be nice to do because I could get rid of the dash button all together and use it (is currently the LT button, under my M button) and the button beside it (previously nothing) for assists.

I really want to be good at plinking though, so I may stick with it. It seems pretty random, sometimes I can plink very well, others I'm messing up between every dash. The guy I've been playing plinks amazingly though, never saw him mess up a single one. Maybe I should ask for his control scheme...

Wave dash instead of plink dash. Much easier.

Plinking is better. But if you fuck it up, then stick to wave dashing.

And I think it is easier with some characters than others to wave and plink dash. I can't plink or wave dash for the life of me with Nemesis.

Pointless combos with my team when I want to be a dick.

Have other stuff planned(more practical and interesting), but I gotta record some more and edit the whole thing, and since I'm busy and lazy, it'll be a little while before I make it.

That's funny stuff. I enjoy attacking corpses while waiting for the next character to come in. People always try to stop me from doing it and then they get bopped for it. Maybe I should try to work it in as a legit strategy.

Frantic

That's funny stuff. I enjoy attacking corpses while waiting for the next character to come in. People always try to stop me from doing it and then they get bopped for it. Maybe I should try to work it in as a legit strategy.
I can't count the amount of times I teabag into raw launch and hit someone. It's like a 100% success rate. Hell, just standing there and raw launching works a hell of a lot more than it should.

I can't count the amount of times I teabag into raw launch and hit someone. It's like a 100% success rate. Hell, just standing there and raw launching works a hell of a lot more than it should.

It's crazy how often it works. I hate that I've developed a bad habit and I constantly use Dante's launch raw. Yeah it works most of the time, and when it doesn't I'm not even punished that severely, but I really shouldn't be doing it.

And I can't stand it when someone teabags and taunts me at the end of a match. Not because it gets me salty, cause it doesn't bother me at all, but it always happens right when I'm ready to switch characters. So it seems like I want to switch characters because I was taunted/teabagged. And they'll always wait to see if I go to character select, so I always have to select rematch.

FSLink

Banned
I really want to be good at plinking though, so I may stick with it. It seems pretty random, sometimes I can plink very well, others I'm messing up between every dash. The guy I've been playing plinks amazingly though, never saw him mess up a single one. Maybe I should ask for his control scheme...

For plinking I have a button set to L+M right next to my H button and I plink using those. (tapping H and then L+M right after). For Frank/Dante vs Magneto/Doom I know I usually try using plink dashes to avoid Magneto's movement and Doom missiles, and either try to go for a grab so I can get at least level 3 (and 4/5 if I have THC available), or try to snipe Doom assist with Shopping Cart super, maybe devil trigger right after if I mistime and missiles are coming. Don't forget about Frank's zombies (both the charge and the zombie throw), his amazing j.B and such.

Vice

Ok. I mean I didn't have these problems as Dante, but I really want to avoid a raw tag and neither characters have safe supers for a DHC (because I'd do one specifically to get Dante in). I say that because I got punished multiple times when DHCing to Dante with Devil Trigger.
If you can put them in blockstun with you cart super then DHC or crossover counter then devil trigger you should be safe.

I know next to nothing about Nova other than 2 bnbs and box dashing. I don't even know what Gravimetric pulse L does, let alone that it has levels. I'll put some time in reading up and practicing with those moves. I only play the game at those local fight nights, I stopped practicing at home.
When you have red health Gravimetric Pulse L and M gain a lot of range, durability and can stagger your opponent. Since you're playing against Mag/Doom you'll have a red health. Sniping Doom with pulses will deter your oponent from calling him too much

Interesting, I didn't know Jam gets rid of missiles, I'll have to try that next time. My ground movement is very poor, I cannot plink dash well yet it's the only method of dashing I use. So I always get punished because of the mistimed dashes and when I get random Ms or Hs.
Wave dashing works well too. Wave and plink dashing as both important.

I tried this, but missiles goes right over it and I get hit anyway so I stopped doing it. I'm adamant about trying on Magneto in a corner, even with assists. Anyways, he always flies away before I get him stuck there.
Energy javelin and jam session will help with Magneto flying away.

Tried this as well, he ended up DHCing either into Spiral Swords and teleporting above me or catching me with Dimensions Slash while in flight mode.
In that case you can unfly and block or, if you know he'll teleport or dimension slash, use Nova Force then DHC to Frank for free levels.

Nova - Vergil is a hard matchup. At that point you'd want to focus on punishing whiffed moves or bad teleports which just comes from matchup experience.

Zissou

WTF is majority of the cast supposed to do against Hulk? The more time I spend playing against competent Hulk players with well-constructed teams, the more I want to pull my hair out.

smurfx

get some go again
WTF is majority of the cast supposed to do against Hulk? The more time I spend playing against competent Hulk players with well-constructed teams, the more I want to pull my hair out.
you can't be afraid of hulk and let him bully you. my team has a ton of options against him so i can't speak about other characters but i have found that many hulks always get caught low as they are always mashing H or doing one of his specials. you just have to catch him early before he can pull off the move. if you stay in the corner then he will open you up sooner or later.

FSLink

Banned

Let him forward grab you if you know he's going for option select sometimes works, Hulk can't really get anything off of it unless they're running Shuma. Down back against him and react to highs or cross ups. Don't recklessly pushblock, be on point with air grab breaks, and above all be patient.

Zissou

you can't be afraid of hulk and let him bully you. my team has a ton of options against him so i can't speak about other characters but i have found that many hulks always get caught low as they are always mashing H or doing one of his specials. you just have to catch him early before he can pull off the move. if you stay in the corner then he will open you up sooner or later.

How can you risk pressing buttons against him especially if he's backed by lariat assist? Certain characters have good lows so they don't necessarily have to respect it, but st.H into gamma charge plus the threat of lariat seems to shut down almost anybody's offense.

Let him forward grab you if you know he's going for option select sometimes works, Hulk can't really get anything off of it unless they're running Shuma. Down back against him and react to highs or cross ups. Don't recklessly pushblock, be on point with air grab breaks, and above all be patient.

Being patient doesn't seem like a great option either though. He can go for command grab attempts that can be made safe through assists, hop over for cross-ups with certain assists, and even getting a normal ground throw gives him oki (made scarier when backed by drones). If I just sit in down back, I'll lose, just more slowly- I have to do something, no?

FSLink

Banned
Being patient doesn't seem like a great option either though. He can go for command grab attempts that can be made safe through assists, hop over for cross-ups with certain assists, and even getting a normal ground throw gives him oki (made scarier when backed by drones). If I just sit in down back, I'll lose, just more slowly- I have to do something, no?

Yeah, he gets oki off the normal ground throw, but it's sometimes preferrable than eating Lariat or an air grab/command throw, and at least there's a chance you can escape, establish some space, and zone him out if your characters allow it. Just be conservative with push blocking because with certain assists he can get some good frame traps going. And I'd prefer to be command grabbed than anything else since it still means they had to be on point with their setups and execution after they land it. It's not a matchup I'm fond of, lol.

Are there any other Strange users here? Trying to figure out what's the max damage I can get off of Wright Order in the Court DHC to 7 Rings.

I use nova/spencer/task. In a nutshell from what I've done facing slasher's hulk:

Nova - grav pulse H + arrows and energy javelin, if he gets close or tries to use st.H I mash L, call slant shot assist to catch him off guard if he jumps towards me, arrows and wave dash in or cr.M, I try not to box dash H

Spencer - snipe him with grapples into combos, mashing dat L, I also try not to recklessly zip around

Task - jump H all day since it multihits I can easily confirm into bnb and it's a good option select (back + H), I I have the life lead ill zone with all non-H arrows jumping or grounded

FSLink

Banned
Slasher's team is more optimized for Wright than Hulk though. Nova and Spencer have a pretty hard time against Hulk in my experience if he's backed by Drones, Missiles, or Lariat. Taskmaster probably still does fine.

Frantic

Funnily enough, I played a pretty good Hulk/Sent/Haggar today, and you basically just want to be a smart nut. Heh. It's difficult for me to describe, but you don't want to play smart because then he'll just pressure you infinitely, and you don't want to play nutty because you'll get bopped... you want to play a combination of both. Go for crazy tactics, throw out weird shit when you probably shouldn't, but always be aware and know when to back off. Honestly, if you can play a long set with a good Hulk, just experiment with weird shit and see what does and doesn't work. Having good movement and spacing doesn't hurt, either - I've backwards plink dashed the entirety of a Gamma Charge into a punish, dodged around s.H and punished the startup of Gamma Charge, get the hell out of dodge of drones, etc. Unfortunately that doesn't really help Doom, but it does Dante/Strider. :p

Also, we should get around to trying to play one of these days. I'm a bit more busy these days, so hopefully we can arrange an attempt sometime(and hopefully it'll actually be playable! I played a guy from Japan recently, and it wasn't that bad, so here's hoping.)

smurfx

get some go again
Funnily enough, I played a pretty good Hulk/Sent/Haggar today, and you basically just want to be a smart nut. Heh. It's difficult for me to describe, but you don't want to play smart because then he'll just pressure you infinitely, and you don't want to play nutty because you'll get bopped... you want to play a combination of both. Go for crazy tactics, throw out weird shit when you probably shouldn't, but always be aware and know when to back off. Honestly, if you can play a long set with a good Hulk, just experiment with weird shit and see what does and doesn't work. Having good movement and spacing doesn't hurt, either - I've backwards plink dashed the entirety of a Gamma Charge into a punish, dodged around s.H and punished the startup of Gamma Charge, get the hell out of dodge of drones, etc. Unfortunately that doesn't really help Doom, but it does Dante/Strider. :p

Also, we should get around to trying to play one of these days. I'm a bit more busy these days, so hopefully we can arrange an attempt sometime(and hopefully it'll actually be playable! I played a guy from Japan recently, and it wasn't that bad, so here's hoping.)
was that guy you played named quackbot?

Frantic

was that guy you played named quackbot?
Nah, I don't remember their name exactly, but it was a bunch of random letters and numbers with like, ray or something. I've played better Hulk/Sent/Haggars, but it's been a while since I played a decent one(most of them suck).

Zissou

Yeah, he gets oki off the normal ground throw, but it's sometimes preferrable than eating Lariat or an air grab/command throw, and at least there's a chance you can escape, establish some space, and zone him out if your characters allow it. Just be conservative with push blocking because with certain assists he can get some good frame traps going. And I'd prefer to be command grabbed than anything else since it still means they had to be on point with their setups and execution after they land it. It's not a matchup I'm fond of, lol.

I was playing people who got their full combos off of command grabs. When the grabs have teeth, they’re really scary!

I use nova/spencer/task. In a nutshell from what I've done facing slasher's hulk:

Nova - grav pulse H + arrows and energy javelin, if he gets close or tries to use st.H I mash L, call slant shot assist to catch him off guard if he jumps towards me, arrows and wave dash in or cr.M, I try not to box dash H

Spencer - snipe him with grapples into combos, mashing dat L, I also try not to recklessly zip around

Task - jump H all day since it multihits I can easily confirm into bnb and it's a good option select (back + H), I I have the life lead ill zone with all non-H arrows jumping or grounded

Slasher's team is more optimized for Wright than Hulk though. Nova and Spencer have a pretty hard time against Hulk in my experience if he's backed by Drones, Missiles, or Lariat. Taskmaster probably still does fine.

My worry is more properly assisted Hulk point teams rather than on ones where he plays a support role. Specifically, I’ve been having problems against team KBR (Hulk backed by lariat and drones).

One thing I’ve found is that zoning is really risky against Hulk, assuming your zoning option doesn’t potentially lead into a ToD combo. Like I can successfully keep Hulk away with certain projectiles for a while (playing Doom/Dante/Strider), but those projectiles don’t lead into much on hit most of the time, so Hulk can plow forward and block with his face because he has little to fear and only needs one hit to kill.

Lots of my theory about how to play against Hulk went out the window when I learned gamma charge can go through multi-hit projectiles. I’ve seen gamma charge go cleanly through all 6 missiles of hysteric, heavy plasma beam, charged air play, etc.! Almost nothing you throw out there is guaranteed to beat it.

Playing like a smart nut is probably the right approach, but it’s like the unified field theory of marvel- forever elusive, haha.

I’m definitely down for giving online a shot at some point!

New Sentinel combo?

flight mode jH xx unfly jM double jump jHS, dash MS, jH xx flight, jLMH xx unfly, jM double jump jHS, tk air rocket punch L xx Hard Drive, S xx Plasma Storm, Plasma Storm

FSLink

Banned
One thing I’ve found is that zoning is really risky against Hulk, assuming your zoning option doesn’t potentially lead into a ToD combo. Like I can successfully keep Hulk away with certain projectiles for a while (playing Doom/Dante/Strider), but those projectiles don’t lead into much on hit most of the time, so Hulk can plow forward and block with his face because he has little to fear and only needs one hit to kill.

Yeah, I've been practicing a Hawkeye/Strange/Haggar team just so I can get ToD on Hulk teams...it's such a weird matchup. Vergil does okay against Hulk too with Judgement Cuts breaking Gamma Charges, but of course if Hulk's in, gg Vergil unless they fuck up and you manage to get a lucky Helm Breaker.

I do alright against Hulk but I guess most of my point characters counter him.

Felicia does fine in the opening against him, so as long as I win that then I'm ok. I have to be very careful of lariat though.

Chris is easy mode as long as I make space.

It really just depends on how the Hulk player is playing. I just kinda follow their lead. If they play reckless, so do I.

Vice

I was playing people who got their full combos off of command grabs. When the grabs have teeth, they’re really scary!

My worry is more properly assisted Hulk point teams rather than on ones where he plays a support role. Specifically, I’ve been having problems against team KBR (Hulk backed by lariat and drones).

Lots of my theory about how to play against Hulk went out the window when I learned gamma charge can go through multi-hit projectiles. I’ve seen gamma charge go cleanly through all 6 missiles of hysteric, heavy plasma beam, charged air play, etc.! Almost nothing you throw out there is guaranteed to beat it.
!

Snap him out. Assistless Hulk is less scary than assisted Hulk. You can trade with gamma charges and other Hulk foolishness if you snap on reaction.

Zissou

Nope. It can beat gamma charge clean at certain distances. Trades at others. If you do it too late it can hit you before the snapback effect activates.

Hmm- seems risky. A keen Hulk player could also bait it by varying the strength of he gamma charge. Maybe one of those things you use only every 3 or 4 matches?

Vice

Hmm- seems risky. A keen Hulk player could also bait it by varying the strength of he gamma charge. Maybe one of those things you use only every 3 or 4 matches?

It's an option. At the very least it makes your opponent aware you're willing to do it.

Zissou

It's an option. At the very least it makes your opponent aware you're willing to do it.

Seems like that constitutes most of anti-Hulk tactics, haha. I need a wide variety of weird risky (when predictable) things that I can pepper into my strategy semi-randomly, it seems. Frantic's smart YOLO approach ftw?

Sigmaah

Soooo I need help on making a brand new team. I will always love Zero but I'd like to have a main second team.

I really like to rushdown and pressure ppl. This team needs to be online friendly. Help me!

I'm liking Wesker/Hawkeye/Vergil but I'd like some opinions!

FSLink

Banned
Soooo I need help on making a brand new team. I will always love Zero but I'd like to have a main second team.

I really like to rushdown and pressure ppl. This team needs to be online friendly. Help me!

I'm liking Wesker/Hawkeye/Vergil but I'd like some opinions!

Wolverine/Doom/Vergil? Or maybe something with Nova like Nova/Vergil/Frank or Hawkeye.

one_kill

Can anyone tell me the input for the air combo that FChamp uses with Dormammu? The one with Dark Hole.

Is it h, fly, h, dark hole, s?

Can anyone tell me the input for the air combo that FChamp uses with Dormammu? The one with Dark Hole.

Is it h, fly, h, dark hole, s?
H, fly, LH, Dark Hole, HS.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";98914622]New Sentinel combo?

flight mode jH xx unfly jM double jump jHS, dash MS, jH xx flight, jLMH xx unfly, jM double jump jHS, tk air rocket punch L xx Hard Drive, S xx Plasma Storm, Plasma Storm[/QUOTE]
I don't get how this is happening in your mind. This does not work.

Top Bottom