• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Sigmaah

Wolverine/Doom/Vergil? Or maybe something with Nova like Nova/Vergil/Frank or Hawkeye.

I can't bring myself to play wolverine/doom/Vergil. Too many ppl play that team lol, plus I hate doing wolvie super loops.

I might give nova/Hawkeye/Vergil a shot or maybe nova/Frank/Vergil

I feel like if I pick Frank, I need to pick jam session too. Obviously it's not mandatory but frank+jam is too good!

With this new team I wanna try to make, I wanna be able to TOD most of the cast as well. I dunno if that's possible with nova/Hawkeye tho.

smurfx

get some go again
I can't bring myself to play wolverine/doom/Vergil. Too many ppl play that team lol, plus I hate doing wolvie super loops.

I might give nova/Hawkeye/Vergil a shot or maybe nova/Frank/Vergil

I feel like if I pick Frank, I need to pick jam session too. Obviously it's not mandatory but frank+jam is too good!

With this new team I wanna try to make, I wanna be able to TOD most of the cast as well. I dunno if that's possible with nova/Hawkeye tho.
definitely won't do TOD if you have hawkeye second. maybe copy flocker and have hawkeye last? lvl2 x-factor vergil with triple arrow should easily destroy teams.

JeTmAn81

It especially sucks fighting the Hulk online because you need to move really fast to stuff his armor with certain characters. I felt pretty proud the time I realized I'd tridashed j.L into c.L with Magneto against a s.H-ing Hulk so quickly that I was actually able to hit Hulk twice before his s.H could hit me once. But obviously you need as lag-free an environment as possible to do that with the faster characters.

If I have Dante on point I tend to just do some raw Reverb Shock. It's as fast as Dante gets other than a snapback and hits multiple times. It stuffs plenty of Hulks. But that's usually against less skilled Hulks, and I expect it wouldn't be nearly as effective against a good player. Obviously you want to avoid whatever lockdown the Hulk player will try to put on you, usually Drones. I definitely recommend pushblocking just about anything Hulk does.

Having some lockdown of your own also really helps against Hulk, as long as you can get the assist out without getting tagged by a random Gamma Charge. Dante on Weasel Shot works well for that. If I'm playing Wesker and can get Hulk locked down it's a good opportunity for a command grab.

Oh yeah, and just multi-hitting moves in general are really helpful! Wesker's s.H actually hits twice and should be able to stuff a hit of armor. If you were playing offline it would also be pretty feasible to tech the ground throw every Hulk goes for at the beginning and go right into a command grab. But I never try that online.

Sigmaah

definitely won't do TOD if you have hawkeye second. maybe copy flocker and have hawkeye last? lvl2 x-factor vergil with triple arrow should easily destroy teams.

I think I might give that a shot, bouta head home from school so I'll try out Nova/Vergil/Hawkeye!

How is anchor Hawkeye? obviously I'll try not to let it get down to that but if it happens, I need to know what to do!

Wish maziodyne loops midscreen weren't inconsistent depending on spacing at the beginning of the combo- that damage!
Wow. I really wish I did more damaging Doom combos sometimes.

I think I might give that a shot, bouta head home from school so I'll try out Nova/Vergil/Hawkeye!

How is anchor Hawkeye? obviously I'll try not to let it get down to that but if it happens, I need to know what to do!

He's good, but he's easy to run away from with some characters. He can definitely handle a character and a half though. He's of course no Vergil.

He's a great xf2 character. With that team I would definitely recommend burning your xf at lvl 2.

If you were playing offline it would also be pretty feasible to tech the ground throw every Hulk goes for at the beginning and go right into a command grab. But I never try that online.

You would get grabbed or S.H'd before that command throw ever connects. Hulk is super good at round start. Hulk is pretty manageable unless he is backed by drones, bolts or larait IMO. He can be out-zoned easily by heavy projectiles, just make sure your out of gamma charge range. Plus if he is assistless he only has two ways of getting in. Gamma charging. Just try to either outright beat it (if you have a move that does so) or bait it and punish on reaction. If he's not gamma charging then the only safe way Hulk can move is short jumps. His ground dash can be punished. If you see Hulk trying to jump towards you, dash quickly and do an air grab. It's actually really effective.

Now against drones and shit. Up back is your friend and may god have mercy on your soul.

You would get grabbed or S.H'd before that command throw ever connects. Hulk is super good at round start. Hulk is pretty manageable unless he is backed by drones, bolts or larait IMO. He can be out-zoned easily by heavy projectiles, just make sure your out of gamma charge range. Plus if he is assistless he only has two ways of getting in. Gamma charging. Just try to either outright beat it (if you have a move that does so) or bait it and punish on reaction. If he's not gamma charging then the only safe way Hulk can move is short jumps. His ground dash can be punished. If you see Hulk trying to jump towards you, dash quickly and do an air grab. It's actually really effective.

Now against drones and shit. Up back is your friend and may god have mercy on your soul.

Damn really? I figured Wesker could probably do it. I've never tried, but I assumed since his grab is so fast. Morrigan can do it

Sigmaah

Bouta go to this so calle local I talked about before, let's hope it's dope and fun!

Also I'm gonna try to run Nova/Vergil/Hawkeye for a bit, gotta learn some tech with this team!

JeTmAn81

You know Mustang Kick has a 1-frame startup, right? I'm not sure what the exact window of tech recovery is but I'm pretty sure you should be able to easily grab Hulk if you time it correctly. It's not like the armor on s.H starts up instantly either.

Zissou

Bouta go to this so calle local I talked about before, let's hope it's dope and fun!

Also I'm gonna try to run Nova/Vergil/Hawkeye for a bit, gotta learn some tech with this team!

Good luck man!

You know Mustang Kick has a 1-frame startup, right? I'm not sure what the exact window of tech recovery is but I'm pretty sure you should be able to easily grab Hulk if you time it correctly. It's not like the armor on s.H starts up instantly either.

Yeah, assuming Hulk is grounded, I think 1 frame command throw beats anything he has outside of gamma crush.

Sigmaah

Good luck man!

Thanks!

So, this place was dope as fuck. The ppl there don't play marvel as much but they got AE setup, they got project M setup, and a marvel setup. The people there are cool as hell too. Got along real quick.

Only thing that sucks is they've fallen off marvel and said they all played a while ago, not too much anymore but I still had fun playing marvel with whom I played. I'm basically the best there (atm) but lost 10-7 to a Cap/Vergil/Spencer player. Gotta learn that cap match up and it's a wrap!

Overall, had a great time, played some games and enjoyed myself.

After this tho, FUCK ONLINE MARVEL FOREVER. Omfg it was so nice to play offline and get all the movement you wanted with no hesitation. Nailed almost all my lightning loops too. Shit felt good.

Thanks!

So, this place was dope as fuck. The ppl there don't play marvel as much but they got AE setup, they got project M setup, and a marvel setup. The people there are cool as hell too. Got along real quick.

Only thing that sucks is they've fallen off marvel and said they all played a while ago, not too much anymore but I still had fun playing marvel with whom I played. I'm basically the best there (atm) but lost 10-7 to a Cap/Vergil/Spencer player. Gotta learn that cap match up and it's a wrap!

Overall, had a great time, played some games and enjoyed myself.

After this tho, FUCK ONLINE MARVEL FOREVER. Omfg it was so nice to play offline and get all the movement you wanted with no hesitation. Nailed almost all my lightning loops too. Shit felt good.
It really is nice. Every time I go to The Runback (which I should be at right now, but laziness.....) my play with more difficult characters skyrockets. Last time I was there I was putting in some serious work with Rocket Raccoon. I had people terrified to press buttons.

Clockw0rk

HEY GAF. Looking to run a Marvel exhibition in the near future. Just need a little input on which players you guys enjoy watching the most. The more players listed, the better. Thanks in advance!

HEY GAF. Looking to run a Marvel exhibition in the near future. Just need a little input on which players you guys enjoy watching the most. The more players listed, the better. Thanks in advance!

Cloud805
Yipes
Green Ace
Dekline
Chris G
JWong
That new york raccoon player
rayray
fchamp
marlinpie
viscant
angelic
moonz
Pretty much anyone that does well in tourneys and/or were invited to curleh mustache's.

Vice

Chris Scmidt, XSK Samurai, Neo, F. Champ, Wong, K. Beast

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cross-posting from FGW:

Instead of giving you a long list of everyone I like, I'll keep it relatively short and skip some of the obvious ones:

TA Moons
CTRL AlukardNY
Treblig-Punisher (or Punisher)
FRB Kusoru (someone needs to bring him back to run it back; vs. MarlinPie is my dream match)
BIFU Winrich

I do agree with the idea that if you're holding an exhibition, bringing a bunch of underdogs or people with unconventional teams is the way to go. And if you promote it right, I think a lot of people will be receptive to that as to just another battle of the gods + Top 8s.

Dahbomb

That list is heavily East coast biased.

And Winrich doesn't even play an unconventional team!

Chris Scmidt, XSK Samurai, Neo, F. Champ, Wong, K. Beast
And this list is heavily Norcal biased!

Pretty much anyone except Zero and MorriDoom players. I don't mind seeing ChrisG though, just because I like seeing if anyone ever comes up with any new tech against him.

Just no Flux for the love of god.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That list is heavily East coast biased.

And Winrich doesn't even play an unconventional team!

And this list is heavily Norcal biased!
Well it is my opinion. Though hype is sort of east coast biased in general, and there's less subjectivity in that.

WinRich doesn't play an unconventional team but I like the way he plays, I would like to see him in higher profile exhibitions considering how young and talented he is, even if going for unconventional teams is still my preference.

H, fly, LH, Dark Hole, HS.

I don't get how this is happening in your mind. This does not work.

What part are you having trouble with? I think I typed it out right. Not that I can check, I had to give the PS3 back to my friend yesterday. I only did it against MODOK, I don't know if that matters.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";99230378]What part are you having trouble with? I think I typed it out right. Not that I can check, I had to give the PS3 back to my friend yesterday. I only did it against MODOK, I don't know if that matters.[/QUOTE]
The part where someone gets hit by j.H.

Sigmaah

Why does flame carpet hit low... Holy fuck that is dumb lmao. (Please do not say but zeros blah blah blah is dumb, yes I know it is)

Why does flame carpet hit low... Holy fuck that is dumb lmao. (Please do not say but zeros blah blah blah is dumb, yes I know it is)
It hits low for a good reason. It gives Dormammu a good blockstring in c.L, Flame Carpet. As it hits low, opponents up-backing get hit. It also makes it harder for players to jump in on Dormammu since they must block in a odd way.

Unfortunately, it also leads to unblockables. I wish unblockables were just programmed out of the game. Add an autoblock state like Skullgirls when you get hit from multiple sources within 2 frames or something. It would solve a lot of problems.

I'd rather deal with 5 50/50's over unblockables anyday.

Played some guy who uses firebrand/dorm/doom... MY GOD WHAT A TEAM.

My Zero team is too fair, must go cheaper... Might just go back to jam even though I hate Dante online.

Ugh...I hate that team.

Makes me feel good when I figure out a way to escape a Firebrand unblockable though.

I know you said you don't want to play Wolverine/Doom/Vergil, but you say you want cheap. Do it!!! You can pretty much just turn your brain completely off.

Sigmaah

Ugh...I hate that team.

Makes me feel good when I figure out a way to escape a Firebrand unblockable though.

I know you said you don't want to play Wolverine/Doom/Vergil, but you say you want cheap. Do it!!! You can pretty much just turn your brain completely off.

I like using my brain though! I played this team for a little not too long ago and the mixup potential is so fucking easy it's crazy lmao. I dunno tho, I just don't like the feel of this team. Wolverine with jam session on the other hand is insane.

I'll give Zero/Dante/Vergil another shot. I just gotta find a good middle assist that isn't tatsu or jam session and is a character that can handle a good amount of matchups.

I really wanna make sentinel work with Zero somehow. Dunno why but I really like drones. The mixup potential! but sent is too big!

Dahbomb

Soft unblockables being programmed out of the game would make OTG assists that hit high/low pretty much shit. Wesker's Gun shot assist would have no utility outside of helping you combo.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Yipes
Treblig Punisher
Bum
Justin Wong
Green Ace
K-Brad
Moons
ChrisG
Viscant
MarlinPie
Bee
MiniBoss
Cloud805
LLND
and Clockw0rk.

And any Japanese players.

There was an Iron Man player that recently had a really good showing at a tournament, but I can't remember his name.

I like using my brain though! I played this team for a little not too long ago and the mixup potential is so fucking easy it's crazy lmao. I dunno tho, I just don't like the feel of this team. Wolverine with jam session on the other hand is insane.

I'll give Zero/Dante/Vergil another shot. I just gotta find a good middle assist that isn't tatsu or jam session and is a character that can handle a good amount of matchups.

I really wanna make sentinel work with Zero somehow. Dunno why but I really like drones. The mixup potential! but sent is too big!

Zero/Dante/Sentinel. I see no reason that shouldn't work out well. Sentinel is indeed a big ass target that can't take a hit though.

FSLink

Banned
I'm gonna run Zero/Sent/Dante instead cause sent anchor is beat as fuck imo. I'd rather have Dante there. Plus Sentinel with Jam isn't that bad!

Plus if you ever need to go for meter, you could always Zero TAC glitch into Sentinel's infinite which is easier than Dante's infinite. :p

I'm gonna run Zero/Sent/Dante instead cause sent anchor is beat as fuck imo. I'd rather have Dante there. Plus Sentinel with Jam isn't that bad!

Haha, I think I'm one of the few still running Sent anchor. But that's my boy.....errrr.....bot.

You just have to be super careful. He is really fun with Jam Session though. I think Jam Session and Molecular Shield might be my favorite assists with him.

Sigmaah

Plus if you ever need to go for meter, you could always Zero TAC glitch into Sentinel's infinite which is easier than Dante's infinite. :p

Exactly! Been using this team against a friend and OMFG I really think I can abandon Akuma and Vergil now (atm). I build about 2 bars with my combo and just rekkoha into plasma storm for 1-1.1mill damage!

Haha, I think I'm one of the few still running Sent anchor. But that's my boy.....errrr.....bot.

You just have to be super careful. He is really fun with Jam Session though. I think Jam Session and Molecular Shield might be my favorite assists with him.

All I can do with sent atm is cr.B and omfg it sucks lmao. Gotta level up my Sent and Dante and this team will be godlike!

FSLink

Banned
I've always wanted to run Zero/Sentinel/Iron Man myself just for a robot themed team, but my anchor IM is still pretty ass for me to make it work.

Top Bottom