• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Wright/Frank/Spencer huh

I assume shopping kart and diagonal wire grapple assists then? I always thought about putting Frank on my Wright team too, but I don't like two power up characters on the same team. I know Wright and Spencer have some pretty good synergy.

I don't have a troll team because the player base is so good in this game I always have to give it my all. If the player gap is pretty big though, I just start using characters that I feel like playing.

I played some online tonight on PSN. Me playing Morr/Doom with the opponent playing Hulk is a losing matchup online haha. I switched to Team Justin to play lame and I won.

Wright/Frank/Spencer huh

I assume shopping kart and diagonal wire grapple assists then? I always thought about putting Frank on my Wright team too, but I don't like two power up characters on the same team. I know Wright and Spencer have some pretty good synergy.

Yep, those are the assists. I'm not really that good with Spencer's assist, though, so it's something I have to work on. Shopping cart works well for defending Wright, but not as good as Jam Session would...
The problem with Frank and Wright is that both have to be powered up. It's not such a big deal if you have Dante as an anchor: Jam Session for Wright and Million Dollars for Frank.

FSLink

Banned
Yep, those are the assists. I'm not really that good with Spencer's assist, though, so it's something I have to work on. Shopping cart works well for defending Wright, but not as good as Jam Session would...
The problem with Frank and Wright is that both have to be powered up. It's not such a big deal if you have Dante as an anchor: Jam Session for Wright and Million Dollars for Frank.

Dante anchor also requires you to have Dante anchor. He's a good anchor (I use him since I use ZMC with Dante at back) but you have to be on point since Wright and Lv1 Frank are pretty free against certain characters. Having two gimmick characters and a harder to use anchor is pretty risky. I think if I were to run it nowadays I'd probably do Wright/Dante/Frank for the team super for Wright, and Dante has better options out of incoming mixups than Frank does. He can also level up Frank very easily. If Wright needs to TAC out you could always try a combo to Sky Dance, get the hard knockdown, and tag in Frank for the snapshot too.

I don't really have any troll teams either though if I'm using a Zero team or team Nemo I'm probably playing more serious. I do bring out the Wright teams during serious matches sometimes just because people are just so unfamiliar with that matchup.

I've always wanted to use Wright/Magneto/Dante. Seems like it'd be fairly solid, but my Magneto isn't up to par.

JohnPauliuk

Neo Member
Testing is going well. I've finally had a chance to do some training. The assists that work well when I'm in Denjin and DHC nicely are: Wesker y, Vergil a, Deadpool a, Strange y, Wolvie b, Doom a, and Sent a.
Or Frank's Cart. It's also really good.

Frantic

I don't really have a troll team. I just have my real team, and then my point Dormammu team that I use to keep my Dormammu in top condition against opponents who can't get past Firebrand.
I used to have a lot when I was in my team crisis phase, but once I finally settled on my Dante/Trish/Strider team, every other team became a lot less fun to play so I kinda just stopped playing troll teams and focused on my main.

Still... troll teams are great. I remember OCV'ing a team trenchcoat with point Hsien-Ko, back in the day. I should start playing some troll teams again. Maybe go for random all against people for the hell of it.

I used to have a lot when I was in my team crisis phase, but once I finally settled on my Dante/Trish/Strider team, every other team became a lot less fun to play so I kinda just stopped playing troll teams and focused on my main.

Still... troll teams are great. I remember OCV'ing a team trenchcoat with point Hsien-Ko, back in the day. I should start playing some troll teams again. Maybe go for random all against people for the hell of it.
I basically feel the same way.

shaowebb

If I ever won the lotto I'd just buy a license and hire Lab Zero for any Marvel sequels. I think they'd do a better job overall and we can just cut Capcom out of the roster and get a pure Marvel roster. Besides...Capcom should really do an all capcom crossover game at this point anyways. I also like how Lab Zero creates a lot of crazy and unique shit.I'd love to see what their take on certain comic book cast would be. Bet we'd see the return of Juggernaut.

If I ever won the lotto I'd just buy a license and hire Lab Zero for any Marvel sequels. I think they'd do a better job overall and we can just cut Capcom out of the roster and get a pure Marvel roster. Besides...Capcom should really do an all capcom crossover game at this point anyways. I also like how Lab Zero creates a lot of crazy and unique shit.I'd love to see what their take on certain comic book cast would be. Bet we'd see the return of Juggernaut.
If you have Lab Zero do it, we really will need to wait 10 more years.

I might be up for a few games in the following days. If someone can deal with my weird playtimes and wants to add me, my PSN ID is DynamiteCrippler.

FSLink

Banned
Gonna have to try learning some of those spiral sword stuff. Those were really sweet looking.

Anybody else here trying to jump into Ultra SF4 next week? Going to have fun trying to play catchup with everyone since I've mostly been primarily a Marvel player for the past few years. :p

Capcom wants sequels to major franchises every 1.5 years, goal is to make the cycle even shorter

SF8MzIP.gif

Frantic

I've picked up a ton of weird hit conversions with Dante, and I don't even know where or how. I just started doing them out of the blue, and they're actually really useful. Go figure.

I've also started doing LMS for some hitconfirms. Namely when I know a lazy combo will kill... which makes me think that I need to look into meter building Million Stab combos. The huge damage scaling might actually be sorta useful for building meter if I know I can kill a character with the combo.

onionfrog

Anybody else here trying to jump into Ultra SF4 next week? Going to have fun trying to play catchup with everyone since I've mostly been primarily a Marvel player for the past few years. :p
I'm getting it on PS3. And I'm terrible at street fighter 4. Playing marvel has given me bad habits in SF. I think I can just jump in all day, and that shit don't work in SF. Too used to going ham I guess. :/

I'll be grabbing it on PS3. I have all versions of SF4 but I've probably played it less than 1 hour in total. It's just one of those games that I need to have on hand. I kinda want to actually learn Ultra but knowing me, I'll get sucked right back into the Marvel world.

I am worried about the size. 5 new characters is a lot of memory, I wager. My 60GB is pretty fully right now.

I know it's kinda late into the gen but upgrade that hard drive. I put a 500 gig hard drive in my PS3 and never looked back. I just download everything and anything. I will do the same for PS4 but I don't really need to anytime in the near future.

Blackage

Is there a Dante combo guide anywhere depending on the type of hit you get, starting low, off a beam assist, anti-air, off specials, etc?

JeTmAn81

I am worried about the size. 5 new characters is a lot of memory, I wager. My 60GB is pretty fully right now...

I'd be surprised if it's more than a few gigs in size. My download of AE is approximately 18 gigs for 39 characters, so that's around 500MB a character, not including the base game code. So let's say 2 gigs for Ultra. That ain't bad. I've only got an 80 gig drive myself, but it's mostly filled with stuff I don't play which I can just re-download anyway. Deleted.

I'd be surprised if it's more than a few gigs in size. My download of AE is approximately 18 gigs for 39 characters, so that's around 500MB a character, not including the base game code. So let's say 2 gigs for Ultra. That ain't bad. I've only got an 80 gig drive myself, but it's mostly filled with stuff I don't play which I can just re-download anyway. Deleted.
I don't even really know what's filling mine up. I wish the PS3/4 had a nice little layout of the HDD I could look at for easy cleaning.

Top Bottom