• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

onionfrog

Yo I hope someone figures out how to do this so I can try my scrubby MvC2 classic:

Triple Sentinel!

I hope this is a real glitch and not something stupid like a hacked save file!

Azoth

Banned
The video is from Cryin Brian, so frankly, I'm not convinced it's not just Modded while Cryin Brian pretends to be big boy on campus. He's not exactly emotionally stable.

But I'd certainly like to run Sentinel/Dante/Sentinel if it's not, lulz.

JeTmAn81

The video is from Cryin Brian, so frankly, I'm not convinced it's not just Modded while Cryin Brian pretends to be big boy on campus. He's not exactly emotionally stable.

But I'd certainly like to run Sentinel/Dante/Sentinel if it's not, lulz.

Even successfully doing a mod of UMVC3 would be quite an accomplishment. I haven't seen any mods of it, and there's no PC version.

shaowebb

I'm honestly just sort of expecting it to be revealed to be a really elaborate frame by frame edit at this point. Feel sorry for the guy but his not revealing it and then posting it saying he'll never tell if eventhubs or srk posts the vid? Just sort of sounds like he wants them to come to him and kiss his ass publicly on youtube as revenge.

If he has tech...post it. Prove it. Be honored for it. You win respect and thats all he should really want. It'd redeem him and make him a legend to the scene. This...this just seems weird. Can you stream a video on twitch and then play your camera windowed while watching it? Just sort of seems like one big angry "I'm better than you" the way he is acting in the vid.

If its real though. Congrats on the tech and congrats on the guy for coming up with it. If not...this will only end in far worse internet publicity for him. He'll pretty well have to put up or shut up with this circling the scene. We could probably get Desk on the case by linking him. He's a pretty good tech digger.

Dahbomb

This exploit came out at the worst time... people are too busy finding cheap stuff in Ultra to bother with this thing for a while.

Azoth

Banned
Even successfully doing a mod of UMVC3 would be quite an accomplishment. I haven't seen any mods of it, and there's no PC version.

Using a mod =/= doing a mod.

And save editing is also another entirely plausible avenue, and makes a lot of logical sense. The license card is saved to your hard drive, and it contains your quickselect teams, so it's likely you could edit it to values not normally obtainable.

Dahbomb

I actually think it's save editing. I can't really figure out any other way this would be possible.

Modding is extremely difficult on PS3/360 games right now. Even PS2 games are just recently getting modded due to the emulator (like the DMC3 style switch mod for the PS2 emulated version).

Azoth

Banned
I've been modded against in 360 halo games, so, I don't see it as an impossibility.

But I would definitely put money on either that or save editing as the cause.

Either way, it won't be a tournament concern, and only lamers will go through the trouble to do it on XBL, so I doubt it will blow up.

As cool as this exploit sounds I fear this will do more bad than good. There goes the online community. This makes a lot of the stronger characters even stronger. Can't wait to see Vergil/Doom/Vergil online all the time. This kinda kills the "team" aspect of the game.

It was kinda weird hearing Vergil saying Vergil when tagging out. Must mean it went through some development phase.

Dahbomb

I am surprised the game even recognizes that the partner is Vergil and thus he calls his own name out.

This pretty much means that the system for same characters on a team is there, it's just restricted separately.

This is actually pretty fucking rad and it's something I wanted to be able to do OFFLINE ever since the game released. It was always fun fooling with this in MVC2. I always wondered why they didn't put it in mvc3

smurfx

get some go again
this game is already well on its way to death so if this helps it get into its grave quicker then oh well.

Now I just want to hear all of the characters say their own names. What does Hulk call Hulk? :-O

I wonder if it's in the sound files.

FSLink

Banned
Amazing. Is it plain hex editing or is there a program floating around to edit the values? I know I've seen programs to edit like battle points and shit.

Seyavesh

Yeah, this is awesome, I want to see some more stuff with this

Also Seyavesh, awesome combos you did BTW, that Wesker Lvl 3 x-factor combo was hype as fuck

i'm trying to work out a 3x wesker combo that involves only doing point and assist jaguar dashes but it's not working out ;_;

EasyMode

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";114737374]So no triple Magneto happy times :-([/QUOTE]

Mags would have poor DHC synergy with himself anyways :(

Mags would have poor DHC synergy with himself anyways :(

I just image the THC damage of x3 Chaotic Flame, and also Full Doom combo, into Sphere Flame, DHC into Sphere Flame, and DHC into Sphero Flame, my god the damage!

Also Full Hulk Damage into Gamma Crush, DHC into another one, and DHC into the last one, most damage combo in the game!

FSLink

Banned
How the fuck do they have voice recordings of chars saying their own names or what Deadpool says? Included with H&H?

Probably just had it programmed in just in case they allowed it (it does happen in Vanilla with 3 MODOKs) so the game wouldn't crash.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Probably just had it programmed in just in case they allowed it (it does happen in Vanilla with 3 MODOKs) so the game wouldn't crash.
Yeah, I was gonna say, this was definitely a thing either in Vanilla with events, or early on in H&H.

can you edit galactus into the save and play him online?

Oh my god, if you could do that, MY GOD, that could make online unplayable unless playing with friends.

BUT, if you know how to fight him he is easy, but if you don't block one, he has a infinite I know off too

BUT, if you know how to fight him he is easy, but if you don't block one, he has a infinite I know off too

In that video, galactus had assists. Still think it would be easy if he was backed by lariat, missiles or harmonizer? Honest question because I have never elected to play single player in this game ever.

FSLink

Banned
haha just played fslink and his 3 dooms. guess this is also working on xbox live.

Doom is indeed fucking free to just 1 Hawkeye, lol. Couldn't do fucking shit, lol.

3 Haggar's better since people online seem to be terrified of Lariat.

I gotta say triangle dashing with Doom behind rocks is pretty fun. :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That brings up a good question: can Galactus X-Factor? I don't think he ever does it in single player. Does he have XF bonuses?
Don't think so, at least I don't think he could when people hacked it to make him playable when the game came out. I remember them saying he could do the moves from SP and that's pretty much it.

Top Bottom