• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

onionfrog

I don't even really know what's filling mine up. I wish the PS3/4 had a nice little layout of the HDD I could look at for easy cleaning.
I'm going to second what jetman said. I would check the game data utility. A lot of games install files to the hard drive for faster loading. You may be able to delete stuff there for games you haven't played recently to free up some space.

Also, I'm fairly certain I can start preloading the USF4 upgrade DLC on PS3 tonight. If I can, I'll let you know how big it is.

JeTmAn81

I'm going to second what jetman said. I would check the game data utility. A lot of games install files to the hard drive for faster loading. You may be able to delete stuff there for games you haven't played recently to free up some space.

Also, I'm fairly certain I can start preloading the USF4 upgrade DLC on PS3 tonight. If I can, I'll let you know how big it is.

The SEN page for it says 3.5GB.

Frantic

I just did the Justin Wong(no. 58725) where I dashed under > overhead with anchor Akuma and the guy mashed something, but somehow the overhead beat it and I won.

The Justin Wong(s) are magical.

Kimosabae

Banned
Has an input method been developed for DHCing into Maximum Wesker from Spell of Vishanti without activating LvL 3 during certain combos yet?

This game is so shitty.

Here is a small preview of what I am working on, a video called "The Online Warrior: An UMVC3 Combo Video" http://gfycat.com/ThunderousAlarmedCassowary

Basically its a video showing off the various online UMVC3 players showing off their combos in UMVC3 online, going to still be working on it still, still need more combos and others things still to finish the video, but it is a sneek peek for you guys!

Also guys if you want to join in, message me and we can figure out a time when we can record stuff.

Also I will make sure that anyone that takes part of the video gets credit, just letting you know

I just did the Justin Wong(no. 58725) where I dashed under > overhead with anchor Akuma and the guy mashed something, but somehow the overhead beat it and I won.

The Justin Wong(s) are magical.
I've hit a few of those the last couple of days, feels good man. Anchor Akuma is really fun. I also had no idea until like last week that his overhead causes ground bounce on airborne opponents.
Just did like 5 vergil 1v3 comebacks... I deff felt myself.

IDGAF if it's Vergil.
I'm dying, hahahaha.

Dahbomb

Has an input method been developed for DHCing into Maximum Wesker from Spell of Vishanti without activating LvL 3 during certain combos yet?

This game is so shitty.
You start from back or down/back then do QCF to not get DP motion during the hyper freeze (because the forward from the previous hyper gets locked in). Game reads your last 4 inputs but if you inputted forward, QCF that registers as a DP. But if you do down/back into QCF that will register as a QCF.

Same shit as SF4 really in order to not get a DP while trying to a fireball while walking forward. At least it's no where near as bad as doing back, forward, back and getting a reverse DP with Fei Long.

FSLink

Banned

This game is so shitty.

Basically what Dahbomb says.

Also if you weren't aware, if you team super in the corner with Strange/Wesker after a grab with Strange, you can get FoF off of it so you can get more damage/meter and avoid accidental level 3's.

Kimosabae

Banned
I've tried that. It doesn't work. I try a HCF motion every time and still get lvl3. interestingly enough, it's only after doing a tag-in to Strange from Wesker's H command grab in the corner. Doing a basic BnB with Strange into Vishanti > Wesker gives me no problems whatsoever.

Dahbomb

I've tried that. It doesn't work. I try a HCF motion every time and still get lvl3. interestingly enough, it's only after doing a tag-in to Strange from Wesker's H command grab in the corner. Doing a basic BnB with Strange into Vishanti > Wesker gives me no problems whatsoever.
Not sure what is going on here. If you aren't experiencing this problem from a regular BnB then I am not sure what the problem is without looking at your command inputs.

Edit: I just read your post more carefully. For some reason I thought you were going from Maximum Wesker into SoV, not the other way around. Yeah the problem here is that you are doing the Wesker DHC in too fast after SoV. I would pause out the DHC input and then also use a HCF motion.

Kimosabae

Banned
I'm pretty sure that when Ultimate first dropped, there was a video showcasing that it wasn't just lenient inputs at work but some glitch/engine quirk. Something to do with the Hyper Freeze. Same with Hawkeye's Level 1. There was a way around it that wasn't just doing HCF inputs or delaying Maximum Wesker.

You can delay the input for MW to the point where it won't even combo after Vishanti and still get LvL3. I'm trying to find the video I'll post it if I do.

Dahbomb

Yeah I know what you are talking about, it's basically the game freezes your last input during the hyper freeze (for a QCF it ends up being forward input that is your last input which interferes with the next input).

I might try to do a QCF, up/forward for the hyper before doing the DHC.

Azoth

Banned
There's no video I'm aware of, that shows it's a "glitch".

The way it works is fairly simple:

Roughly speaking, During Super Freeze, from approximately Frame 1 of Superfreeze to the end, the game stores your input and plays it back in order at the end.

If you're pressing Towards at the start of a superfreeze, there is 0 way to get a QCF motion without getting a DP motion as well, and the DP motion will win if that character has a DP attack with higher priority(this actually varies a bit from character to character, which is messy, but for simplicity's sake, it's safe to say Wesker DP Motion > Wesker QCF Motion).

Pressing Back, or Up/Down, or doing a rain dance while inputting the motion, won't change anything. Marvel's input buffer works based on time, and doesn't have any kind of input counting or exclusionary techniques(You can still get a Hard Drive with 236214+AtkAtk, which means at high execution levels you can do a Hard Drive OS if you think they might cross you under, etc). The only thing that matters is, how long ago did you put the input in?

And as far as the game is concerned, you put in that Forward at the end of the super freeze, along with everything else in a messy 6236 motion AKA you want a Level 3.

The solution to this, is to not press Towards during the beginning of the superfreeze.

Do 236 -> Let go of the stick/pad -> Buttons for Vishanti,

and you should be able to DHC into Wesker without a problem.

This happens a good amount to Hawkeye players, who want to punish other people's superfreezes with Gimlet etc, but get caught inputting the 214 for a Trick Shot at the beginning of their freeze; when they respond with 236+AtkAtk, they get a Level 3, because the game sees 214236+AtkAtk and the 214 hyper is higher priority.

JohnPauliuk

Neo Member
I believe I have found the two best assists for Ryu. I think they are Spitfire and Mystic Ray. My only problem is I think the team had to be run Ryu(Tatsu)/ RR(Spitfire)/ Shuma(Mystic Ray). This is a problem because Ryu doesn't DHC well in to RR off of his regular BnBs.

FSLink

Banned
I believe I have found the two best assists for Ryu. I think they are Spitfire and Mystic Ray. My only problem is I think the team had to be run Ryu(Tatsu)/ RR(Spitfire)/ Shuma(Mystic Ray). This is a problem because Ryu doesn't DHC well in to RR off of his regular BnBs.

Why not just DHC to trap super, boulder trap, hard tag Ryu back in? Otherwise Shuma 2nd with Mystic Smash super is okay as a DHC, and RR is a much better anchor and helps Shuma get in.

How is the THC?

Between Ryu and RR? Not so good since there is no OTG.
Are you forgetting Shuma-Gorath?

In fact, I bet that you can do this with Ryu/Shuma-Gorath:
Corner THC
Ryu recovers
Tiger knee Shinkuu Hadoken

I am supposing it's possible because I do this with Dormammu/Shuma-Gorath and Firebrand/Shuma-Gorath.

JohnPauliuk

Neo Member
Are you forgetting Shuma-Gorath?

In fact, I bet that you can do this with Ryu/Shuma-Gorath:
Corner THC
Ryu recovers
Tiger knee Shinkuu Hadoken

I am supposing it's possible because I do this with Dormammu/Shuma-Gorath and Firebrand/Shuma-Gorath.

With all three characters it's good but Ryu's Hyper Tatsu is too long.

I'm thinking of trying an Iron Fist/Spencer team, but I'm trying to think who to use as an anchor (or in the middle even).
I had them with Nemesis when I got UMVC3 and was enjoying screwing around with them, and apparently it turns out Iron Fist and Spencer works well together. Now that I have the Rad Spencer costume I wouldn't mind putting some serious time into these two, but which characters work well?

I enjoy playing as Trish, Taskmaster, Arthur, Vergil, Amaterasu, Firebrand, Nemesis, She-Hulk, Haggar, Tron, Phoenix Wright, C.Viper, Chun Li, Jill, and Viewtiful Joe.

(already using the bolded in teams so possibly one of the other ones just for something different)

Wouldn't mind learning Strider, Dante, Doom, Zero, Spidey, Hsien-Ko, and Frank West.

Out of those, who are the better choices? I was thinking of Doom because green colour co-ordination, but I've played as him for all of 30 minutes, so I'd possibly prefer someone I know, unless he's stupid good with them.

I'm thinking of trying an Iron Fist/Spencer team, but I'm trying to think who to use as an anchor (or in the middle even).
I had them with Nemesis when I got UMVC3 and was enjoying screwing around with them, and apparently it turns out Iron Fist and Spencer works well together. Now that I have the Rad Spencer costume I wouldn't mind putting some serious time into these two, but which characters work well?

I enjoy playing as Trish, Taskmaster, Arthur, Vergil, Amaterasu, Firebrand, Nemesis, She-Hulk, Haggar, Tron, Phoenix Wright, C.Viper, Chun Li, Jill, and Viewtiful Joe.

(already using the bolded in teams so possibly one of the other ones just for something different)

Wouldn't mind learning Strider, Dante, Doom, Zero, Spidey, Hsien-Ko, and Frank West.

Out of those, who are the better choices? I was thinking of Doom because green colour co-ordination, but I've played as him for all of 30 minutes, so I'd possibly prefer someone I know, unless he's stupid good with them.
I have little experience with the game, but I'll try.
I think the best choice, without a doubt, is Strider. His level 3 is nuts, Vajra is an incredibly useful assist and I've seen quite a few people pull off devastating comebacks with him online.
Other than that, I think Joe and Dante have some potential, but they both don't do much damage.
Frank West and Phoenix Wright are a pretty dumb choice as an anchor, since they both have to level up. They can both work as a middle, though - Wright is an unorthodox choice, but DHC into killing the opponent will give you all the time you need to collect evidence.
Doom is Doom. Hidden Missiles always works.
I'm not much of an expert, so I'll wait for someone else to fill you on the rest. Keep in mind what I said is probably wrong anyway.

I have little experience with the game, but I'll try.
I think the best choice, without a doubt, is Strider. His level 3 is nuts, Vajra is an incredibly useful assist and I've seen quite a few people pull off devastating comebacks with him online.
Other than that, I think Joe and Dante have some potential, but they both don't do much damage.
Frank West and Phoenix Wright are a pretty dumb choice as an anchor, since they both have to level up. They can both work as a middle, though - Wright is an unorthodox choice, but DHC into killing the opponent will give you all the time you need to collect evidence.
Doom is Doom. Hidden Missiles always works.
I'm not much of an expert, so I'll wait for someone else to fill you on the rest. Keep in mind what I said is probably wrong anyway.

Thanks for the input.
I'll definitely give Strider, Joe, and Doom a go then.
I'm only a beginner at UMVC3, but wouldn't Doom's Plasma Beam assist work better than Hidden Missiles for Iron Fist?

Basically the best choice on your team would be either Iron Fist/Dr. Strange/Spencer(Because its a worst overall Team Nemo, but has TODs all day, its an amazing assist for Iron Fist and Dr. Strange)

Also, the other team I would suggest would be Iron Fist/Spencer/Arthur, because the THC with Spencer/Arthur is basically a free high/low mixup for two meters, gives you a very good anchor and an awesome assist for both of your characters.

Thanks for the input.
I'll definitely give Strider, Joe, and Doom a go then.
I'm only a beginner at UMVC3, but wouldn't Doom's Plasma Beam assist work better than Hidden Missiles for Iron Fist?

I was suggesting Hidden Missiles just because it's, in my opinion, the best assist in the game. Quite literally the "Get out of the combo free" button. Plasma Beam should work fine, yeah.

Basically the best choice on your team would be either Dr. Strange(Because its a worst overall Team Nemo, but has TODs all day, its an amazing assist for Iron Fist and Dr. Strange)

Also, the other team I would suggest would be Iron Fist/Spencer/Arthur, because the THC with Spencer/Arthur is basically a free high/low mixup for two meters, gives you a very good anchor and an awesome assist for both of your characters.

Not really a fan of Dr. Strange, both as a character or to play as, but I love Arthur in MVC3 so I'd be down to put him on the team.

I was suggesting Hidden Missiles just because it's, in my opinion, the best assist in the game. Quite literally the "Get out of the combo free" button. Plasma Beam should work fine, yeah.

Right. Yeah, missiles are tough to deal with.

Again, thanks for the input everyone.

Hidden Missiles needs a character that can protect Doom. Dormammu, Spencer, Magneto, Morrigan, and Vergil are all great at this. Iron Fist is not. Plasma Beam is a much better choice for him. Dagger Toss is probably his best.

Kimosabae

Banned
There's no video I'm aware of, that shows it's a "glitch".

I did say and/or "engine quirk", which is what this most closely resembles (but probably is a glitch since I doubt Hypers Were intended to behave this way) - but yeah, you know what I'm talking about. I'll try that solution, thank you. Great post.

JohnPauliuk

Neo Member
Use Hadoken assist with Shuma, perfect assist to help shuma get in and get a hit

Well Shuma is my anchor at the moment. So I should switch to Hadoken for my team? Also any ideas for DHCing from Shinku Hadoken to RR or set ups after Mad Hopper to hard tag back into Ryu?

FSLink

Banned
Basically the best choice on your team would be either Iron Fist/Dr. Strange/Spencer(Because its a worst overall Team Nemo, but has TODs all day, its an amazing assist for Iron Fist and Dr. Strange)

I dunno, I feel like Akuma assist is better for Iron Fist, and Iron Fist doesn't do an amazing job of guarding bolts or has easy combos off a stray hit like Nova can. Yeah, you get ToD but Iron Fist's better bnbs should get him the kill anyway with or without a DHC.

Dahbomb

We have to first ascertain if this is even possible offline. Looks like a netplay only thing... hopefully.

To turn on my theory craft hat back on... this "bug" greatly benefits characters who have assists that would benefit themselves.

ie. Missiles would really benefit Doom a lot. Harmonizer would benefit Morrigan. Rapid Slash would benefit Vergil (not a lot but it would be a decent option for him).

Characters with bad assists already will not get picked two of with the exception of Zero because he's Zero.

Sigmaah

If you can do this offline I'm all up for seeing it being allowed at least for a side tourney.

I just wanna see the madness that comes from this.

pls based god make this glitch doable offline.

No one knows how to do this besides crying Brian correct?

Top Bottom