• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Dahbomb

That will do a paltry 56K worth of damage under scaled UWG... a bit more if he does some UWGs early.

Viper new scaling: 15% on normals, 20% on specials.

SpaceHammer

Neo Member
What is his unfly? I would think about changing that.

I'm not sure but it's not terrible...I'll do some more research and see if I can find it. His fly is more for getting in as opposed to extending combos so it may not need any changes (to unfly at least).

How would an A+S input help him?

It would allow him more directions for mighty strike. Currently, you can only go three directions at any given time. This will allow him more options for combos and getting in. I admit, this may allow for some shenanigans due to him being able to up Mighty strike while already in the air but the 3 special limit per jump should be enough so that this isn't OP.

Feel free to make a specific suggestion for s.L.

After looking at frame data, it's the start-up that makes this move bad, not the recovery. I recant my previous suggestion.

Not all characters have good neutral hypers, and that's okay.

True, but Mighty Thunder is garbage and their is really no reason to use it aside from a tag out. I'm just tossing out ideas to make it better so it's somewhat useful.

Dahbomb

The improved start up and push back on it makes it comparable to Shockwave now. It already does a lot of damage so it would now be a good hyper.

Frantic

Here are my changes to Amaterasu and Akuma given the feedback; I would like everyone to vote specifically on these two characters today in this state; I vote Y for both:
I'm fine with both.

And some serious Dante swag (plus improved Spiral Swords loops):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShAtNuAV4Vc&t=0m17s

More swag:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VmOKfxbr1k
This guy is my favorite combo video maker because every combo in the video is pretty different from one another. There are too many combo videos that have the same combo with only minor variations half-way into each.

Azure J

Doom comes down extremely fast for a lot of non sword normal moves to anti air it on reaction.. the risk/reward is rarely in your favor. Plus that move crosses up WAY more than any of the Helm Breakers.

Also it takes a bit for Vergil's HB to get to that hit box, before which you can knock Vergil out of it. Exhibit A Justin Marvelous Wong beating out a Vergil Helm breaker on incoming with a well timed Wolverine cr.M, st.H at the grand EVO stage.

And off topic but that moment shocked me to my core. I play both characters and even I didn't know about that. I don't think anyone did in that crowd, both Magus and Yipes were flabbergasted.

Probably late, but I knew about how real Wolverine's c.H was from about a week beforehand via the funniest means ever.

Thor's super armor on his H is to force people to fear the blockstring and not push buttons. Kara command throw isn't a real threat with Thor's frame data, so this makes it easier for Thor to get grounded command grabs. He also gets a relatively reliable anti-air and the armor on frame six lets him trick characters with better frame data(everyone).

I do agree that armor on Mighty Smash L isn't a complete solution and it's kind of a useless move, but I also don't think Smash L is an issue that's holding back Thor. The priority is making sure that Mighty Strike is as good as it should be, and that he has a way to offset his terrible frame data on the ground. Which has been done satisfactorily.

I don't, however, think he should get the S+A Mighty Strikes. You guys already added a buff to his flight mode, so he'd be able to dash into people, OS grab, strike away then fly and go nuts again. He's not a great character in Ultimate, but a flying Hulk with aerial Wesker mixups might be too intense.

Do people ever take your advice on games? I've thought it would be fun to have people relying on me to steer them towards something good.

Most people just come in to grab something and leave. There was one older guy who came in and we had a conversation about the PS4 and how lame the XBone was, though. That was fun.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";75236083]Hulk/Nemesis/Sentinel[/QUOTE]
Well, I was trying to find a team of semi-interesting characters to play. :p

I eventually settled on Doom/Storm/Sentinel, and I actually had a good time using them. I kept trying to hyper cancel Hidden Missiles on point to counter Red Hot Kick H, and it just wasn't happening - lol.

Well, I was trying to find a team of semi-interesting characters to play. :p

I eventually settled on Doom/Storm/Sentinel, and I actually had a good time using them. I kept trying to hyper cancel Hidden Missiles on point to counter Red Hot Kick H, and it just wasn't happening - lol.

So that's why you kept doing that.

Indeed!

I don't use any of those characters, so I was learning as I went. I am trying not to use my main team online because it messes up my play at locals.

You can Team Cancel during Missiles, IIRC. I don't use Doom, so I don't know. And I jokingly went with Joe/Hulk/Sentinel, and I actually really like the team, so I might use that more often.

SpaceHammer

Neo Member
Best Buy made decide to never work retail again. So far so good. It has, however, made me nicer to people in retail positions as I know how frustrating it can be.

I used to work at GNC and loved it. Only like three customers a day so I just talked about MMA with my coworkers all shift. Just stand behind a counter for 8 hours, then count the important stuff at closing.

I never worked retail. I mostly worked in either medical laboratories or art/design studios. Maybe thats why I like theory fighter more than fighting.

Everyone should work a retail job at some point in his/her life. It gives you such a changed perspective as a consumer.

I've worked behind the register, and I've worked in the warehouse. Both have their ups and downs that everyone should experience. It's like you said, such a total eye-opener.

I worked stocking at a supermarket and sales at GNC. I don't feel any different other than I understand pricing label systems better.

I never worked retail. I mostly worked in either medical laboratories or art/design studios. Maybe thats why I like theory fighter more than fighting.

Did you work at a medical lab when you were in college? Sounds fun.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";75255911]I worked stocking at a supermarket and sales at GNC. I don't feel any different other than I understand pricing label systems better.

Did you work at a medical lab when you were in college? Sounds fun.[/QUOTE]

I worked at a medical lab first as an internship my senior year of HS then paid intern/lab assistant summer before I went to college. Got to do pipetting, running DNA agarose gel and other OCD friendly tasks. Learned a lot about doing something perfectly 1000x without messing up. Then I worked with teenagers with MS or that are quadriplegics the next summer before deciding to focus on art school/film instead of biomedical engineering. I loaded up 18 wheelers at odd hours before saving up enough to move to cali and start art school (fellow Academy of Art bro!)

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";75264095]Yeah, that's why I asked, never heard of an Academy student working at med labs.[/QUOTE]
I have worked at other med labs in High School as well as part of an internship thing. They don't expect you to do any heavy work obviously, just some basic pipette stuff, dish cloning and growing bacteria colonies. In particular I grew various E.Coli strains. Plus I also did some observer-ship with a Urologist. I got $2000 out of 2 months work.

Nowadays I work in a family clinic as an actual MD although still working on my Step 3 during weekdays. It's a fairly low stress job so in between patients I just view GAF on my phone.

As far as retail goes I only worked at my local movie theater behind the cashier. It was a very short gig and I didn't run into any crazies. I wanted to work at Gamestop during this time and I never got hired. I don't know what type of people they want for the job because I honestly was over qualified for that job compared to the people they actually hire.

FSLink

Banned
I never worked retail, I just have to deal with the politics of the military, haha. :p

Anybody have some advise against Hulk players (offline)? I feel like I'm completely free to Hulk, I'd rather fight 3 XF3 Vergil's than 1 competent Hulk with good assists.

Dahbomb

Is Rocket Raccoon a difficult character to learn?
Definitely is. Tons of situational tools, low hit stun on normals means you have to be on point with your confirm/combos, short normals.

Good character though... he can justify his spot on the team for his assists alone.

Top Bottom